PDA

View Full Version : So if I buy the game

beebloo
02-11-2010, 02:36 PM
If I buy the game legitimately, is it then illegal to download the cracked version of the game?

Is it illegal just to download a cracked game, or is it legal once you've bought it?

PurpleCity
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
My understanding, any attempt to circumvent DRM is illegal whether you purchased the game or not.

Essentially we're not purchasing the game, we are purchasing permission to play the game. (renting)

Eoweth
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Cracks are never legal. That's why they are "cracks".

graham57100
02-16-2010, 12:56 AM
i dont like this at all, why cant we just bye a dvd/cd so i can keep it with all my other sh

jhodgson88
02-21-2010, 12:49 PM
LOL iv been a fan of silent hunter since sh2 but i wont be buying this the DRM is a joke

1st I dont want to have to be connected as my connection is unreliable

2nd background services will affect pc performance dont buy the oh its less than a email sh@t thats just company spin

3rd in a 18 months time when they want to close down the servers thats its GAME OVER you bought it and can no longer play because SOMEONE ELSE at ubi decided that its to old and time for you to buy a new product!! check out ubis ambiguous answers when asked about this(link at the end if you wanna see for yourself)

Will Ubi make a firm commitment to removing the DRM if the servers are to be taken offline?

We'll paste the straight transcript here:

??PCG: What I think a lot of us would really like is a firm commitment that you understand our worries that the servers are going to go down and suddenly we've just got some trash data on our hard drives that we've paid for.??

Ubisoft: The system is made by guys who love PC games. They play PC games, they are your friends.??

PCG: So you can commit to saying that those systems will be patched out?

??Ubisoft: That's the plan.

??PCG: It's the plan, or it's definitely going to happen?

??Ubisoft: That's written into the goal of the overall plan of the thing. But we don't plan on shutting down the servers, we really don't."

"the system is made by people who play games they are your friends" Its f@@king LAUGHABLE ban me lol

http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=235596 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235596)

tambor198
02-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Discussion of Software Piracy on these Forums in any form is not allowed

This thread is now closed.