PDA

View Full Version : OT - Remember this in Red Baron?

Oilburner_TAW
09-12-2005, 09:19 PM
I was looking at shot's from thirdwire's WWI sim and started thinking about Red Baron or Red Baron 3d (can't remember which game it was). I remember that during the course of a campaign you would get challenged by an Ace from the other side. Remember that? I still remember the first time I accepted and he was there with 3 of this buddies the hun bastid lol.

Oilburner_TAW
09-12-2005, 09:19 PM
I was looking at shot's from thirdwire's WWI sim and started thinking about Red Baron or Red Baron 3d (can't remember which game it was). I remember that during the course of a campaign you would get challenged by an Ace from the other side. Remember that? I still remember the first time I accepted and he was there with 3 of this buddies the hun bastid lol.

Scharnhorst1943
09-12-2005, 09:37 PM
those were the days http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
lots of fond memories
BTW - it was in the original Red Baron, don't know if ie was in II or 3d.

wickedpenguin
09-12-2005, 10:28 PM
I remember that game...

During my campaign, I recall being challenged and shot down by the Red Baron. So I land my broken airplane while the Baron and his cronies keep circling over my head.

Well, sure enough, they start circling lower...and lower...right into my gunsights. Four smoking wrecks later and I'm still alive, with the Red Baron's *** credited to my "skill". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Shoddy A.I. is a wonderful thing!

Slater_51st
09-12-2005, 10:57 PM
I think that was in Red Baron, AWESOME game!

My first "flight sim" ever. I musta played that campaign like 20 times, hahahaha!

S! Slate

Deedsundone
09-13-2005, 06:57 AM
There was a good WW1 sim called Knights of the sky,where they in a cutscene flew over you base and dropped a notice in a tube whereabout the challange ought to be.
And there you also was outnumbered or the Ace showed up a bit later when his mates have worked you over a bit.

huggy87
09-13-2005, 09:50 AM
Same with Aces over Europe and Aces over the Pacific. Well, I can't remember if they challenged you, but you could certainly run into them on campaigns. That was great getting the message "you shot down Nishizawa" or such.