PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap this guy made a REAL hidden blade!

worsecuve
08-06-2011, 10:08 PM
This is no joke it is an exact replica of the hidden blade (the modern version desmond wears!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRR-b979QA

He says if he starts making them they will sell for $200 to $300 and i would sooooooooo buy one
This is just AMAZING

Brandonmac10
08-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Many people posted vids of making hidden blades. Some are just stupid, some are great. But no matter how good his is, it's still one of the stupid. $200 for one of them, that is stupid, the vid doesn't even show how to make them (that is what you're implying I didn't watch).

BTW it costs $20-$30 to make one depending on the quality.

Mikatsuki95
08-06-2011, 10:18 PM
If I was going to pay 300 bucks for a hidden blade I'd want an actual blade. It good for appearance but lousy for quality. Its worth 20 at most.

ThaWhistle
08-06-2011, 11:09 PM
thats rad. I'd get one and try to rig a tic-tac container to it or something.

or a knife, but theres no place you could ever go where it wouldn't be super-illegal.

Jexx21
08-06-2011, 11:19 PM
the real hidden blade doesn't use a ring and string mechanism. If I'm correct there is a button that you flex your arm muscle to press and it works similar to a pen.

E-Zekiel
08-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
the real hidden blade doesn't use a ring and string mechanism. If I'm correct there is a button that you flex your arm muscle to press and it works similar to a pen.

They've never gone into this much detail in the game... I think. I might have to look over Alta´r's codex again and double check, but for the most part they leave it vague.

Honestly this is the best replica I have ever seen. 90% of ALL hidden blades have one huge problem - they don't retract. You can get them to come out, but never go back in. I didn't think I'd ever see the "ring and string" mechanism actually work like this, but wow.

Impressed, indeed.

SpitfireSpud
08-07-2011, 02:45 AM
this is the kinda of sh-- that can cause controversy about a game, imagine, some idiot was to get hold of one of them and actually use it on someone, the media would have a field day!!

no one else think this?? or......?

Mikatsuki95
08-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Then I doubt the media would be smart enough to point out that its not the game makers' fault, but the idiot who decided to go copying video games. But if they did that they wouldn't get as much attention.

Brandonmac10
08-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by halolma:
this is the kinda of sh-- that can cause controversy about a game, imagine, some idiot was to get hold of one of them and actually use it on someone, the media would have a field day!!

no one else think this?? or......?
Wouldn't that apply to any game? They rob a bank because of GTA or beat random people up on the street because of Steet Fighter.

@Eziekel

The details about the hidden blade were in a book (I never read any AC books). That's what I heard.

worsecuve
08-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Brandonmac10:
Many people posted vids of making hidden blades. Some are just stupid, some are great. But no matter how good his is, it's still one of the stupid. $200 for one of them, that is stupid, the vid doesn't even show how to make them (that is what you're implying I didn't watch).

BTW it costs $20-$30 to make one depending on the quality. He said he could put a real blade in but he would rather not because is someone used it to kill someone or something it would be on him for making it .

worsecuve
08-07-2011, 10:07 AM
In a picture in the codex altair is seen with the ring pulley on his hand.

worsecuve
08-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by worsecuve:
This is no joke it is an exact replica of the hidden blade (the modern version desmond wears!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRR-b979QA

He says if he starts making them they will sell for $200 to $300 and i would sooooooooo buy one
This is just AMAZING And for the price guys here is what he said
Tooling Cost (To go into production): ~$2,500 per tool
Number of tools (moldable parts in design): ~10 parts
Total cost for Injection Tooling: ~$2,500x10=~$25,000
(I'd have to pay this before I could sell anything)

Once Tools are payed for--

Cost of part off of tools: ~$10-$30
Cost of design: ~$20x10parts=~$200 plus assembly and non-molded parts (springs, screw, etc)
Total Cost of Hidden Blade Prop (What you would pay): Around ~$200-$300

worsecuve
08-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Brandonmac10:

BTW it costs $20-$30 to make one depending on the quality. Hey man you should watch the video. He said he did not want to show how to make it yet because he is still tweaking it but if he did sell it he said this

Tooling Cost (To go into production): ~$2,500 per tool
Number of tools (moldable parts in design): ~10 parts
Total cost for Injection Tooling: ~$2,500x10=~$25,000
(I'd have to pay this before I could sell anything)

Once Tools are payed for--

Cost of part off of tools: ~$10-$30
Cost of design: ~$20x10parts=~$200 plus assembly and non-molded parts (springs, screw, etc)
Total Cost of Hidden Blade Prop (What you would pay): Around ~$200-$300

He has even tried to contact Ubi workshop.

LightRey
08-07-2011, 10:42 AM
worsecuve, stop quadruple posting. It's against forum rules.

worsecuve
08-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
worsecuve, stop quadruple posting. It's against forum rules. Did not mean to i just replied to some people. Sorry.

Serrachio
08-07-2011, 04:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
worsecuve, stop quadruple posting. It's against forum rules. Did not mean to i just replied to some people. Sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try using the quote function, and then copying and pasting the first quote you want to reply to when you click on the quote button for someone else. That way, it quotes the second person and you can paste in the quote from the first person to direct the reply to both people.

Jexx21
08-07-2011, 10:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
In a picture in the codex altair is seen with the ring pulley on his hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*opens up the Codex PDF file he has on his computer*

The closest I found is the area where there are pictures of the multiple ways to assassinate enemies. But the picture of an Assassin in the middle doesn't show a ring pulley. So sorry, you're wrong there.

LightRey
08-07-2011, 11:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by worsecuve:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
In a picture in the codex altair is seen with the ring pulley on his hand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*opens up the Codex PDF file he has on his computer*

The closest I found is the area where there are pictures of the multiple ways to assassinate enemies. But the picture of an Assassin in the middle doesn't show a ring pulley. So sorry, you're wrong there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're right. I don't see anything either. There is something ring shaped inside the mechanism, but that's part of the pin that moves the blade itself and it's definitely not a ring pulley.