PDA

View Full Version : New To PF: Joystick Not Recognized

Coonskin
09-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi All:

Just installed Pacific Fighters and the dll patch. Game appears to run fine but I have yet to figure out how to get it to recognize the Saitek ST290 Pro joystick that is installed. The joystick is recognized/calibrated within XP.

What am I missing? Any input?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andre Ming

Coonskin
09-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi All:

Just installed Pacific Fighters and the dll patch. Game appears to run fine but I have yet to figure out how to get it to recognize the Saitek ST290 Pro joystick that is installed. The joystick is recognized/calibrated within XP.

Andre Ming

Kuna15
09-24-2005, 04:55 PM
TBH that sounds weird. You don't get any response from game, but otherwise your controler runs fine?
Did you checked it out in other games, and buttons and axis (movement) within Control Panel (calibration screen)?

I have Cyborg EVO (also Saitek's controller) and it runs fine.

FoolTrottel
09-24-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi, and Welcome here!

Do you have any other game controller installed besides the Saitek?

If so, PF might not recognise it in default settings.

What if you go to Controls in-game, and scroll all the way down to HOTAS.
Press the mouse button on the right side of the screen, next to the function mentioned on the left. Then move the appropriate control on the Saitek ... it should assign it then.

If you need more background info: Read this: Tully's guide on sticks for IL2 (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/sticks.htm)

Have Fun!

DaimonSyrius
09-24-2005, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coonskin:
Hi All:

Andre Ming </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Coonskin, welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

At first sight, it looks like maybe you have more controllers attached, maybe another joystick, or a steering wheel, etc... If that's the case and your Saitek is not the first controller in Windows list (the game controllers list in Control Panel), then what you see in 'Hardware Setup/Input' screen in PF is your first controller and not your Saitek joystick. What you need to do is press the 'Hotas Control' button in that screen (bottom right), and it will show a list of the different controls. Select each relevant control (Ailerons, Elevator, Rudder, possibly Power) and just move your joystick in the corresponding axis, that will assign it in the game. If you find that the movement is reversed, just select the control again and move joystick axis the other way.

If that doesn't help, post over at the Community Help forum, just say the word 'joystick' and Tully the Joystick Man will target on you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif While you wait, you may want to look for any post by Tully and click on the links in his signature to joystick setup help pages.
Cheers

Coonskin
09-24-2005, 07:43 PM
All:

Thanks. I do indeed have another controller installed, a Logitech MOMO force feedback steering wheel.

Using the Hotas button and assigning the commands found at the very bottom of the Hotas menu did the trick.

Last time I flew via a fight sim was "Wings Of Glory Ver 1"! (How's THAT for an oooold game?) So now I just have to figure out how to fly these suckers!

FoolTrottel
09-24-2005, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Wings Of Glory Ver 1" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gifI think I remember ... WWI .... some French peasant girl ... Way back indeed!

I loved that game, lot's of fun, that music playing after you got a kill... very dramatic ... them colorfull planes!

Well, these crafts tend to be flown differently!

Have Fun!