PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Forza Motorsport Difficulty System

gel214th
04-11-2008, 08:29 AM
I always felt that Forza Motorsport had a great difficulty system.

It functioned on a Postive Reinforement principle.

The player was never penalised for playing through the game with as many assists as possible selected, but for each assist that was turned *Off* they would get a boost in points for every race they won.

It therefore became up to the player to decide what level of reward they wanted, against the level of difficulty they felt they could handle.

For example many drivers may leave ABS, and Traction Control on while turning off Stability Management.

Others might leave all the driving assists on, while turning the AI Difficulty to HIGH.

For Forza, this didn't affect Achievements, it just meant that some people would take longer to reach the appropriate levels than others.

It was this wide variety of options that helped make the gameplay in Forza so appealing to so very many players. You didn't have to be a top notch driver to handle the cars and run through tracks, but if you were a top notch driver you could turn everything off and still be challenged.

LaurenIsSoMosh
04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

And, you're suggesting that we add this into HAWX for lessened or added difficulty? Like choosing between manual aiming and assisted, and target lock alerts as opposed to figuring out after you've already been blown to shreds?

Or... are you lost? =p

gel214th
04-11-2008, 12:12 PM
And, you're suggesting that we add this into HAWX for lessened or added difficulty? Like choosing between manual aiming and assisted,

Clearly.

Although if modern aircraft such as the F22 are to be modeled, then there is no 'manual aiming' as the computer systems,and integrated communications systems etc. on modern aircraft remove that burden of operating 100 switches and dials to track and lock a target almost totally anyway.

This is why I think it was stated that in the game modern avionics systems would be retrofitted onto all aircraft.Otherwise aircraft such as the F22 and Eurofighter etc. would simply have too great an advantage. Those pilots would be able to scan,track,lock and shoot in a fraction of the time compared to a pilot flying in, say an F16 Block 52 or a Mig 29.

LaurenIsSoMosh
04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Gotcha. I just thought for a second that you really were talking about Forza, lol. My misunderstanding, I was reading way too quickly.

Originally posted by gel214th:
there is no 'manual aiming' as the computer systems,and integrated communications systems etc. on modern aircraft remove that burden of operating 100 switches and dials to track and lock a target almost totally anyway.

Just an example off the top of my head, I didn't feel like coming up with some complex, realistic idea.

silentstriderm
04-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I think there will be something similar to this, although probably not as deep option wise, with the "Enhanced reality system" being able to play with it on or off