PDA

View Full Version : is "Copernicus Conspiracy" ever going to be released on xbox 360?

DannyStrong
11-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Has there been any word on the ps3 seclusive DLC "Copernicus Conspiracy" ever to be released on xbox 360 in the future? (kind of like how the preorder maps in acII eventually came out as a DLC).

As someone who only owns an xbox, i'm kind of sad to not be able to get to play more of the story of my favorite game simply because of how sony and microsoft are hounding for exclusivity in all of their games.

dchil279
11-30-2010, 08:31 PM
I heard that it will remain PS3 exclusive, but don't worry. You didn't miss out on anything.

Lazaran
11-30-2010, 08:43 PM
It has about as much significance as the Battle of Forli did...which is to say, none at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reason they didn't put it on 360 is because PSN allows free downloadable DLC...Xbox Live doesn't. So if anything, you should be blaming Microsoft.

ninja_7_7
11-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Lazaran:
It has about as much significance as the Battle of Forli did...which is to say, none at all.

Also, I'm pretty sure the reason they didn't put it on 360 is because PSN allows free downloadable DLC...Xbox Live doesn't. So if anything, you should be blaming Microsoft.
Not even close.

Turinrp
11-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Maybe someday, and the same for the exclusive features of the collector's edition. (Always Money)

obliviondoll
11-30-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm inclined to think probably, but don't know for sure.

Probably have to wait a while though.

Deathgrim666
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
75% chance of xbox will get the dlc.

SolidSnakeMat
12-01-2010, 03:17 AM

Battle of Forli was awesome what are you smoking?

rocketxsurgeon
12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Ubisoft stated that there are no plans of releasing it on xbox. However all future DLCs will be for both PS3 and xbox.

Conpernicus Conspiracy is not part of the storyline at all, it just gives the player a small cash reward.

OGCFB
12-01-2010, 09:17 AM
well odds are slim however it really does have no relation to the story in anyway just a few exra missions where you get to hear Copernicus go on about his views on life...

Hatzego
12-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
Ubisoft stated that there are no plans of releasing it on xbox. However all future DLCs will be for both PS3 and xbox.

Conpernicus Conspiracy is not part of the storyline at all, it just gives the player a small cash reward.

Then there us little to no point in it. I found myself dissapointed with the Templar Lairs because it gave me money. This is stuff I can get by just waiting 20 minutes. I would like perhaps a new outfit, or weapon, or a capacity upgrade. Something useful that I can only get this way.

RunnerGroucho
12-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Also, I'm pretty sure the reason they didn't put it on 360 is because PSN allows free downloadable DLC...Xbox Live doesn't. So if anything, you should be blaming Microsoft. This is 100% wrong. Not only has the Xbox had free DLC in the past, there's free DLC coming FOR THIS VERY GAME later this month for both systems.

The reason it was PSN exclusive is that Sony paid UbiSoft $$$. This sort of thing happens all the time. Maybe the exclusiveness was time-based -- if so, then we could see this on the 360 sometime in the future.

Mr_Shade
12-01-2010, 11:55 AM
It's been confirmed to me, and then posted on the forums, that the free exclusive PS3 DLC - 'Copernicus Conspiracy' will not be available on any other format - It's only ever to be on the Sony PS3.

Other DLC which is to be release in the future, will be available on all formats, like the new Mutilplayer content coming later this month.

E-Zekiel
12-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Omfg are you kidding me? The Battle of Forli was a MAJOR event in the AC2 storyline.

Copernicus Conspiracy is just kind of a footnote. "Oh by the way, he helped this guy on the side. Nothing major."

Whereas the Battle of Forli was "Oh by the way, HE LOST THE FREAKING APPLE OF EDEN AND AN ENTIRE CITY BURNED FOR IT."

rocketxsurgeon
12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lazaran:

Omfg are you kidding me? The Battle of Forli was a MAJOR event in the AC2 storyline.

Copernicus Conspiracy is just kind of a footnote. "Oh by the way, he helped this guy on the side. Nothing major."

Whereas the Battle of Forli was "Oh by the way, HE LOST THE FREAKING APPLE OF EDEN AND AN ENTIRE CITY BURNED FOR IT." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus it gives you more insight into Cristina.

Mr_Shade
12-01-2010, 12:43 PM
lets remain calm.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dchil279
12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lazaran:

Whereas the Battle of Forli was "Oh by the way, HE LOST THE FREAKING APPLE OF EDEN AND AN ENTIRE CITY BURNED FOR IT." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus it gives you more insight into Cristina. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Umm.... no it doesn't.....

kriegerdesgottes
12-02-2010, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
I heard that it will remain PS3 exclusive, but don't worry. You didn't miss out on anything. That's exactly word for word what I was gonna say.

rocketxsurgeon
12-02-2010, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

Plus it gives you more insight into Cristina. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Umm.... no it doesn't..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know one of the DLCs did. I can't remember which one it is. The player becomes more familiar with Caterina.

Sorry i realised i put the wrong name above, i meant Caterina.

blackjokerface
12-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
It's been confirmed to me, and then posted on the forums, that the free exclusive PS3 DLC - 'Copernicus Conspiracy' will not be available on any other format - It's only ever to be on the Sony PS3.

Other DLC which is to be release in the future, will be available on all formats, like the new Mutilplayer content coming later this month.

Where did you get this info, show us the link!

Mr_Shade
12-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by blackjokerface:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

Where did you get this info, show us the link! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My Post is the link.

That is what I was told when I asked - so it should be accepted as official.

bobbysingh99
12-10-2010, 03:16 AM
I decided to Youtube someone playing it on PS3 - to be honest if it ever did come to Xbox now I wouldnt buy it - it looked pretty poor.

Mr_Shade
12-10-2010, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by bobbysingh99:
I decided to Youtube someone playing it on PS3 - to be honest if it ever did come to Xbox now I wouldnt buy it - it looked pretty poor. It is free on the PS3.

So, if it was to be released, it would have been free on the other formats - however as I say, it's not.

It's only a few short missions, does not add to the story line at all - but is a nice bonus.

Future DLC will be on all formats though, both the upcoming free and any future paid for content.

bobs99
12-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the clarification - I assumed that if it did ever come to the 360 that it would cost MS points. After watching the entire sequence on Youtube I dont feel I missed much.

For free though it would be nice. I understand that its never going to happen, but what can I say in about 5 days time we get a free multiplayer map and mode, not bad Ubisoft. :P

bobs99
12-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Double post sorry.

zGift
12-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Wrong. XBL only allows a certain amount of free DLC released for a game. Rockstar pointed this out awhile back they had to combine a free RDR DLC they were releasing with a paid one due to whatever the restriction is.

They, however, might've change their policy since then or be planning to who knows.

It's really not that big of a deal. It's basically like a set of guild missions. A handful of missions, 10ish give or take.

montagemik
12-10-2010, 11:35 AM
you may be surprised to know a few of the small extra exclusives PS3 has for some of it's games aren't paid for by Sony.
(Don't know if copernicus was paid for or not)
Developers choose to give some things to PS3 , but never anything major, So don't worry about it.

MS is the worst culprit for waving the chequebook in order to gain exclusives.
GTA IV for example - anyone remember.
Despite it being SONY & PC that helped make the franchise a success.
Xbox guys can't have everything, Sorry but like others said it's nothing majorly important.

ekispert
03-25-2011, 11:50 AM
I really hope the Copernicus Conspiracy eventually comes out for XBOX 360, because I don't like companies vying for exclusive content. To me this sounds too much like the net neutrality argument. Verizon and Comcast restricting full access to content they provide is stupid. In a way, though, XBOX users not having access to this DLC is poetic justice for PS3 gamers, since they had to collect 400 useless flags in the original Assassin's Creed. Trophies in that game would have been nice.

bitebug2003
03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
I've always hated DLC exclusives.

I find it very similar to the 'console war' principle between the developers and the console makers.

My console is better because it has DLC/Game that your console doesn't -- and won't ever get! ner ner ner ner ner!

But I guess when money does the talking, the consumers' wishes and protests are ignored.

PC gamers are the biggest victims of it from what I've seen.

As for the Copernicus Conspiracy, it's actually quite meh (compared to the Da-Vinci Disappearance), and didn't enjoy the to'ing and fro'ing after each mission.

But fair do's to those that want it.
I'd be pretty miffed too (the Tomb Raider Underworld DLC springs to mind) in missing out.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Colossus_1191
03-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Copernicus Conspiracy only sounds interesting. There was no secrets or mysteries revealed or even any questions to ask. I can sum it up for you. Copernicus: "This guy doesn't like science and is trying to silence me". Ezio: "Okay, I'll kill him."