PDA

View Full Version : Falling to Death?



Dark_zip
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Are you able to fall to death or are you always gonna grab on to something? I mean id like to just climb a high building and jump of it an just fall to death see what comes of it.

Is this gonna be possible or are you always gonna fall into a hay car? Not being able to control the fall? and is it hard to jump in a hay car?

Phreaky_McGeek
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Birds represent areas you can jump into hay carts from, Altair automatically dives into them. You can't grab onto anything if you jump half a dozen yards off a building into thin air, and the health system is realistic, so you'd be a bloody, dagger-filled pizza on the ground.

Magnus_LTD
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm sure you can Fall to your death if you try,
But I think it will be quite easy to save yourself when you fall otherwise...

KlNDRED
10-01-2007, 03:17 PM
ubi is going for realism.
Realistically, you should be able to jump to your death. Now the way Phreaky_McGeek described what happens to ones body after that decision might not be implemented in the game just yet lol

DemonikCrow666
10-01-2007, 08:05 PM
This is possibly the most...interesting (To say the least) Topic I have ever come across in a gaming forum...GOOD JOB! You deserve a cookie! Sadly I have none http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

quicksilver_502
10-02-2007, 10:38 AM
i'm pretty sure missing the hay cart would end in death.

BEEateMAN
10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DemonikCrow666:
This is possibly the most...interesting (To say the least) Topic I have ever come across in a gaming forum...GOOD JOB! You deserve a cookie! Sadly I have none http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Every time you come into a thread you always put everyone down, why. i mean if your not gonna say anything nice then bu**er off!

Magnus_LTD
10-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by batep006:
Every time you come into a thread you always put everyone down, why. i mean if your not gonna say anything nice then bu**er off!
Do you HAVE TO say something nice in every post? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

membernametaken
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
BACK ON TOPIC:
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to fall to your death and honestly, it's one of the first things i'm going to try to do. I remember the first time I did a swan dive in Tomb Raider and snapped Lara's neck... the sound was so satisfying.

If they're going for realism, there will be a lot of deaths because jumping from one roof to another building and grabbing onto something that's only two inches out of the wall, is not realistic. I hope, that if you jump, fall for, oh let's say 10 feet down and you try to grab a wall, you should have your fingers broken at that point or at least, have something dislocated.

Phreaky_McGeek
10-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I doubt Ubi would go as far as broken fingers... in Crackdown there were some nice crunching noises when you fell a great deal and grabbed onto a ledge, and considering the way Altair falls the velocity would be too great to grab onto a brick. It would be cool if you could kinda scrabble down a wall to slow down and finally grab something though...

Faylinks
10-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by KlNDRED:
ubi is going for realism.
Realistically, you should be able to jump to your death. Now the way Phreaky_McGeek described what happens to ones body after that decision might not be implemented in the game just yet lol
right. so fliping down 100 feet and landing into a wooden card full of about 4 feet of hay and you can walk right out of it.. thats realistic

BEEateMAN
10-02-2007, 01:52 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif That would be cool, kinda like how PoP slides down the curtian with the dagger, but wiothout the curtain and dagger.

Azerackia
10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I read/saw in an interview that you will be able to get special gloves that allow you to grab onto something if you're falling, otherwise, you'd be hurt/die. IE: If you're climing up a wall and guards start throwing stones at you, you could be knocked off the wall and fall, possibly being hurt/killed depending on the height I suppose.

By the way, that was the example Jade Raymond used, I didn't make that up >.> Although it was an assumption that you could be hurt/killed by falling, because I doubt that they'd make it so you could fall off a huge building and land on your feet.

If you notice in the trailer with the song 'God knows you lonely souls' (or whatever it is) he lets go of the building and grabs it later, that would be from the special gloves you can obtain in the game. Otherwise you couldn't grab onto the wall.

KlNDRED
10-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Faylinks:
right. so fliping down 100 feet and landing into a wooden card full of about 4 feet of hay and you can walk right out of it.. thats realistic

Thats unrealistic thats true but let's not forget that this is still a game. For you to survive because of that hay is to keep the pace reletavily faster. Imagine having to go back down everytiemn you get to a really high point. It would end up getting annoying especially for a long game like this.

Bujaa
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by membernametaken:
BACK ON TOPIC:
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to fall to your death and honestly, it's one of the first things i'm going to try to do. I remember the first time I did a swan dive in Tomb Raider and snapped Lara's neck... the sound was so satisfying.

If they're going for realism, there will be a lot of deaths because jumping from one roof to another building and grabbing onto something that's only two inches out of the wall, is not realistic. I hope, that if you jump, fall for, oh let's say 10 feet down and you try to grab a wall, you should have your fingers broken at that point or at least, have something dislocated.

Oh yea that snap is so awesome, especially in legend if in that ghana mission , if you swam dive far enough you hit the rocks :P

Lhorkan
10-02-2007, 03:11 PM
BTW, you can only grab a ledge while falling when you have the gloves. You have to unlock those first.

robo_turtle
10-05-2007, 05:33 AM
if jumping is automatic, how would you fall?

mefninja
10-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by robo_turtle:
if jumping is automatic, how would you fall?

jumping isnt automatic.. its just fixed a little you press X(ps3) and you jump a set disstance.. i remeber seeing in one of the demos altair jump miss the ledge but grab on to a piece of wood sticking out of the wall with 1 hand just before he hit the ground. it was prety badass

webswinger93
10-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by robo_turtle:
if jumping is automatic, how would you fall?

If you watch the trailers where Altair is climbing you can see in the top right corner that there is a "Drop" action on the B-button.

NotLordAtkin
10-05-2007, 10:20 AM
well, realistic, everything realistic...
I dont think that hitting the hay sack from the 50 metres long frefall would not hurt you... or just if the car broke down and the hay spreded all around the floor...

seasamstraat
10-05-2007, 11:23 AM
yeah that isnt so realistic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif