PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Woman View Questions

GunnyHighway99
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm not the greatest pilot, so I like to play Skies of Fire or 4.08 on Hyperlobby so I can get the Wonder Woman View.

1) Is there any way to get rid of the blue/red arrows and keep the Wonder Woman View?

2) Is there any way to get rid of the "range to target" on the target IDs or otherwise alter the target IDs? In other words, I'd like to see what kind of airplane it is but not necessarily the distance to the enemy/friendly.

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

danjama
09-03-2007, 07:21 PM
i think those are server settings, except the arrows, which i think are part and parcel of WW views. i may be wrong. but icon/ranges are def server side.

Skunk_438RCAF
09-03-2007, 08:03 PM
You can cycle through icon types (ID/Range) by assigning a key to "Toggle Icons" in the options.

You should learn to fly with a cockpit however, even if you dont think you are that great a pilot. There are a few cockpit on/externals on servers out there. Have a look see.

Bearcat99
09-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Icons+NoCockpit=Arrows. No way around that I know of. You can set how the icons appear in a cockpit on server.. but when you remove that cockpit... you get the arrows.

SlickStick
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Correct, BC. Regardless of icon settings, arrows are there if you switch the pit off.

Icon dots, range, color distance, type, ID are all server controlled via the command mp_dotrange and it's associated syntax. Although, as Skunk referred to above, you can cycle through what info you want to see, even when icons are enabled on a server.

One thing that gets me though, is that I love short icons (color, type, ID) at 2km or less, but dots have to stay at 10km or more. It is silly to not be able to see the silhouette of a plane until it is 2km away from you and then it just pops up on the screen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif