PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Video Walkthrough

kleaneasy
11-25-2009, 03:52 AM
I know many of you have been waiting for this so I'm pleased to bring you the first look at Avatar The Game's multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Watch Me (http://videos.uk.ubi.com/index.php?video=vbz8bq9r) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Chibi_Chaingun
11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Pretty cool! Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

lukeofdarth
11-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Looks AWESome! I already preorderd this game and i cant wait to get it!

Zedrein
11-27-2009, 12:32 PM
i am getting it when it comes out on the 1st. the demo is kewl. cant wait to play online with you all.

EbandTide
12-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Here are some concerns with multiplayer...

1 - It is impossible to find games that are already going on. And it currently is impossible to join games when you find one. I added a few people off the forums and all I get is constant errors trying to join their games.

2 - How are we suppose to find semi full games? Quick match just creates a new game everytime.

3 - How are we suppose to add friends when we are unable to see who is online?

4 - With so many different map types and so few players playing online, it's hard to get any games going. Maybe try listing currently playing out games in a list and then choose from there?

There is my rants for now. Seems like multiplayer was poorly thought out.

Zedrein
12-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by EbandTide:
Here are some concerns with multiplayer...

1 - It is impossible to find games that are already going on. And it currently is impossible to join games when you find one. I added a few people off the forums and all I get is constant errors trying to join their games.

2 - How are we suppose to find semi full games? Quick match just creates a new game everytime.

3 - How are we suppose to add friends when we are unable to see who is online?

4 - With so many different map types and so few players playing online, it's hard to get any games going. Maybe try listing currently playing out games in a list and then choose from there?

There is my rants for now. Seems like multiplayer was poorly thought out.

i agree with you on all of those. MP needs the tweaks we are asking for and it needs some sort of Bot/AI to fill up the spots until real players join to keep people from going crazy with boredom. like i said in other threads MP also needs some type of ranking. something like military ranks atleast. that combined with even the simplest of stats would draw players in and keep them for along time.

ATM there is nothing to keep playing for. no ranks, no medals, no achievements ect. these things are what keeps MP shooters/action/fighters going for so long.

deathjesteruk
12-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I agree on all points. At the moment, the MP for this game is just awful. You cant join a game, you cant tell if anyone is in a game, there is no reason to play multiplayer at all. Its like Ubisoft added multiplayer as an afterthought.

So...what we need is a lobby where people can meet up, chat and arrange games, it needs the ability to create games. We dont need the planet map, just give us a list of servers with the ping and number of players.

Give us a persistent rank system, with the same mechanic as with the game...offering better and more powerful equipment as the player goes up in rank and make it so that people of roughly equal level are playing on another. Achievments would also be a nice touch.

thijsklb
12-12-2009, 07:53 AM
help me whn i go online all games are empty?

Element CL
12-16-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm hoping that after the movie is out, people will pick up the game and start playing. That means the movie has to be good though.

redneck-mage
12-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Saw the movie last night and it was great. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Ubi to fix the MP though. I'm still waiting for them to fix Shadowbane, lol!

HypnoDK
12-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Get the Multiplayer part work ffs..

draqonfly
12-23-2009, 04:30 PM
oh no'es !!!

i have not played shadowbane but if ubisoft still have not fixed shadowbane, will they even touch avatar ???

doesnt sound healthy ! maybe they have sold enough copies of shadowbane to pay the bills and might as well quit tweaking that game...

i wonder what will happen to avatar...

Ace180194
01-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Yea the mp really needs some fix...i mean there is alot of stuff to be done like Female chars for begining like some people mentioned before a lobby where u can see what games are on so u can just click and play and not clicking on the planet and hoping there will be a game with 13/16 people...

eeuwke0
01-21-2010, 02:46 AM
hi xP
i got the avatar game and its realy beutifull etc.
but the multiplayer is not that awesome...
there is not much action and no team play... and its only 8vs8 and the maps arent big... you cant scope in and there arent many weps...

maby and updat in the futer for those things..??
btw the film was the nicest film i ever seen xP

killerav90
01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
does any one acutaly help on these fourms http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
i cant play any one on multiplayer with the new update ever i am on updtate 1.02 for pc and each update the people i can play with are slimming and now i can play with really no one it took me 15 mins to find a match that worked..... any suggestions....
and i meet the requirments and more for the game and internet speed too.

Mr_Shade
01-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by killerav90:
does any one acutaly help on these fourms http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
i cant play any one on multiplayer with the new update ever i am on updtate 1.02 for pc and each update the people i can play with are slimming and now i can play with really no one it took me 15 mins to find a match that worked..... any suggestions....
and i meet the requirments and more for the game and internet speed too.

Have you contacted Ubisoft support ?

May be an issue with your firewall or something else - they should be able to help you..

Athrylian
01-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Mr_Shade,

Thank you for your mediate work. The Game is good, with lot of action. The MP Game is great but looks not finish with some drawback quote in the other post of this topic.

My question is, Ubisoft is going to let the MP game like this or not ? Easy... =)

Thank you

torcherdsou1971
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
this game is asome in all its splender dx 10.1 all set to max with hdr and bloom on asome i tell you but dam whats up with the never any 1 in multi player its drivin me bonkers cant wait to try online play come on fix this please !

torcherdsou1971
02-10-2010, 07:13 PM
look for the freinds list add them all some are old can b deleted after says when last online and then make a server some one might join did 4 me i have yet to join one just make it but had players set win 7 to admin and xp sp3 mode works great

torcherdsou1971
02-10-2010, 07:15 PM
ps i think if they would have had the multi in better owder the game would win adwards its butiful and fun so kudos to that lets just hope we get a patch soon that changes the multi in a better way thanks for hearin me and my thoghts