PDA

View Full Version : My biggest complain. (post your thoughts)

topeira
02-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Hello everyone.

i decided i would start a thread where everyone would post just ONE complaint they are most annoyed by - let it be a bug or a design flaw.

just ONE.

maybe this will give a clear picture what's the most urgent problem to deal with.

i will start:

*the lobby interface.
no ping. i want to see ping numbers as this is how i can choose my servers. also the dots usually dont show at all. and sometimes u dont see all the servers that ARE available.

randolfphe
02-05-2007, 02:59 AM
performance. memory leak, better optimization, etc

zd.Holo
02-05-2007, 04:10 AM
SADS

OverdosedSLO
02-05-2007, 04:15 AM
MP part - crashing and MP server browser

SODsniper
02-05-2007, 04:26 AM
The numero uno complaint that encompasses all other complaints.

The ROOT of the problem.

Virtually NO support for the PC Community.

MAD_dobleclick
02-05-2007, 05:35 AM
A powerful GUI designed for the PC is missing, I understand by this the ingame GUI as well as the options available in the lobby (ping, locked servers, keyboard shortcuts, total kills, accuracy, killed by... etc)

bjmarler1
02-05-2007, 06:23 AM
Lack of communication from UBI to computer users on this forum.

topeira
02-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by MAD_dobleclick:
A powerful GUI designed for the PC is missing, I understand by this the ingame GUI as well as the options available in the lobby (ping, locked servers, keyboard shortcuts, total kills, accuracy, killed by... etc) yeah. that's what I meant.

Zoot86
02-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Gun going rocknroll at the start of the round

virtual_bullet
02-05-2007, 08:43 AM
No voice commands in SP and voice messaging/calling in MP.

Araya_433
02-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Refresh button in multi player doesnt work.

destinyDES
02-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I think I have already mentioned most of them to Woosy in this thread >> http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/9351011625

So I don't really see what this new thread will do but I have no hope left for this game anymore and I am just finishing the SP with 1.03 version that runs without any problems for me.

BTW, anyone knows why there's a box surrounding our POV in-game? I really don't get the point of that orange box.. is that supposed to give the immersion of making the game feel like a game or something? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Doc-uk
02-05-2007, 09:36 AM
plz fix,
You have to select your weapons every time u want to play multiplayer, because it keeps going back to default,
Also fix the refresh button, it does nout at all
regards
Doc

Jethro-31
02-05-2007, 10:02 AM
For me it is easily the crash to desktop bug.

I crash to desktop on about 80% of all map changes.
UBI's word on the subject: "It will be fixed in patch 1.04"

Guess what? It wasn't.
-----------------------------------------

xxkangolxx
02-05-2007, 10:13 AM
BTW, anyone knows why there's a box surrounding our POV in-game? I really don't get the point of that orange box.. is that supposed to give the immersion of making the game feel like a game or something? Too Happy

The box on your Screen while playing is supposed to be some sort of visual on your characters visor. But seeing as my character doesn't have anything on his face, it really don't make sense, but then again, alot of things about this game don't =P

Anyways, my biggest complaint about this game: The developers who made it.

ST.Joker
02-05-2007, 10:38 AM
REAL DEDICATED SERVER FILES WITH ADMIN CAPABILITIES!!

P0rnindapants
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
REAL DEDICATED SERVER FILES WITH ADMIN CAPABILITIES!!
ditto

KI.Maximus
02-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Anyways, my biggest complaint about this game: The developers who made it.

you are a fool...

the developers are not to blame for this one.. they just code off of design.

The people that should be blamed for this mess is the Producer, Executive Sponsors, MP Designers, etc...

spiderHIGH
02-05-2007, 11:00 AM
People not dying after taking a sniper shot to the head even when theyre not wearing any armor.

Something glitchy about this game in the damage. Don't know if its the new healing system or what but sometimes people just don't die.

Fire 3 bursts to a guys head with an mtar hitting every shot and he doesnt go down. 10 secs later i get taken down with one pistol shot even with full armor wtf???

Pest_AWC
02-05-2007, 11:19 AM
SADS
Map Editor
HUD like a PC game should have
Stats
Server controls from the client
gimping instead of health regen
option to disable TPV and have peek
prone
fluid open doors

and the one that doesn't get mentioned much:

Why is there only one objective for each map and only on 7 MP objective maps?????????????? It would have taken 2 seconds to drop some other objectives on existing maps and give people far more options for what map and objective they play!!!

UBI, Finish the game next time instead of spending the entire time and money budget on character modeling (so people can look at themselves) and a model of Vegas for one fly by scene...make playability a priority instead of theatrics. Listen to your fans instead of throwing all of the council's suggestions out the window and coming up with a completely unrelated game...

randolfphe
02-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by xxkangolxx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW, anyone knows why there's a box surrounding our POV in-game? I really don't get the point of that orange box.. is that supposed to give the immersion of making the game feel like a game or something? Too Happy

The box on your Screen while playing is supposed to be some sort of visual on your characters visor. But seeing as my character doesn't have anything on his face, it really don't make sense, but then again, alot of things about this game don't =P

Anyways, my biggest complaint about this game: The developers who made it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

follow up complaint: the ballistic glasses are fine and all, but happened to the goggles? the only place i see people using those glasses are at firing ranges

GhostSquad-OC3
02-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Biggest issue is of Coarse SADS.

BuuuuuT.

Also they need to fix the server lists.
i run 5 servers and everyday i have to restart them manually just to get them back on the server browser lists.

LAME!!!!

xxkangolxx
02-05-2007, 12:09 PM
The people that should be blamed for this mess is the Producer, Executive Sponsors, MP Designers, etc...

My biggest complaint about this game: The Producer, Executive Sponsors, MP Designers, etc.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

RLCSeMPeRFi
02-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I have 3 sry.

1) Game crashing at random (CTD)

2) No Map Editor

3) No SADS with a decent admin panel

st0lve
02-05-2007, 03:38 PM
1: No players :O
2: Horrible Lobby\Server HUD
3: Horrible ingame hud
4: No editor

HydrantHunter
02-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Only one? Well, I agree with most of these posts, so maybe I can get 'em "all in one":

Ubi's clear lack of serious commitment to the R6 franchise on PC.

Oh yeah...and why aren't there any fire hydrants in the game?

SS-1-Fireguy
02-05-2007, 03:56 PM
biggest complaint? It takes to long to shut the game down when you come back to give the game another try and realize it still suks.

MonsieurDuce
02-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah, i agree with most already posted, but i think one of my biggest deception about it is the fact that in Coop Terro-Hunt or Story, teh terroriste are not on the map at round start they magicly appear in the map when you walk on the trigger spot...

This remove any possible tactic in Coop, in some map Terrorist would just spawm in an empthy room right after you cleaned this room... its ridiculous for us that loved playing teror-hunt in Raven-shield and previous r6...

It also make the use of spiner rifle boring mostly, a good exemple is the map Street in terror-hunt, everyone who played a revious version of r6 know that a sniper in Street is powerfull in Coop, cause you could clear most the terroriste on the surface, but now they just appear when you walk in some place...

And the terroriste in terror-hunt, they just appear and go right for you, so the only thing you have to do is hide a place wher they cant get you form behind and use covert shooting, etc.

This also removed the use for silencer, since only 5-6 terroriste appear at same time and it wont affect any other cause they arent there at all.

if anyone found a way to remove this and make all terrorist spawn at round start please tell me !!!

Coop is what r6 always been about mostly, for me and probably many others... now it get boring doign story and terror-hunt is just plain stupid...

**I also belive that Rogue Spear menu were the best ever for MP waiting room, everything was right on it, Name,Guns,Ready,Chat,Ability to switch people team as admin,map change,game mode change,etc, the ping werent good, but still was better than those in vegas.

The handgun are badly made to, firerate is too slow and make them useless, but since ive change the ini its all fine, now i can have fun with the rager bull and fanily kill with effectiveness :P

Anyone find a way to change your ingame Name by the way? or server name? the ini name dont work... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

MonsieurDuce
02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by SS-1-Fireguy:
biggest complaint? It takes to long to shut the game down when you come back to give the game another try and realize it still suks.

Fastest way ive found is alt-ctrl-del than force shutdown of r6.exe , work find its alot faster and loading all stupid animated background. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

anyone know how to remove those background animation ?

topeira
02-05-2007, 04:37 PM
heh. i was hoping for ppl to post the one thing that they think needs to be fixed the most, just to get a picture of what are the most hindering issues for the game.

let's see if i get it right -
1st place goes to - SADS (6 ppl mentioned it)
2nd place goes to - lobby interface (4 ppl mentioned it)
3rd place is a tie with - CTD issues and bad develompent\publisher http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (3 for each)
4th place is - bugs and miscelleniuos.

what we see here is an obvious case of bad programing decisions. bugs are second to lack of support (no SADS) and bad calls about how to make the game.

asking UBI to replace themselves is not constructive critisism, so i wont bother commenting on it :P

xoops
02-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by topeira:
asking UBI to replace themselves is not constructive critisism, so i wont bother commenting on it :P

Sorry buddy, but constructive criticism is never going to bring you quality games if Ubi$oft is to remain a part of the equation.

The purpose of Ubi$oft is not to make quality games. Ubisoft doesn't care at all about its customers, and PC customers are especially the least of their worries.

Ubi$oft is the one and only problem. If you don't believe me, stay here for the rest of your life and witness the never ending flow of constructive criticism that will never change anything.

Ubisoft has a clear way of doing business and nobody here is ever going to change that. If you want things to change, Ubisoft has to disappear. They have to undergo bankruptcy and be part of nothing but history. If you keep your money in your wallet and if the media get massively involved so that everybody knows how Ubi$oft is screwing its customers, then at last, this corporation might crash once and for all.

Companies that will come after Ubi$oft will learn something from its wreckage. And then, and only then, you will get quality games.

destinyDES
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by xoops:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by topeira:

Sorry buddy, but constructive criticism is never going to bring you quality games if Ubi$oft is to remain a part of the equation.

The purpose of Ubi$oft is not to make quality games. Ubisoft doesn't care at all about its customers, and PC customers are especially the least of their worries.

Ubi$oft is the one and only problem. If you don't believe me, stay here for the rest of your life and witness the never ending flow of constructive criticism that will never change anything.

Ubisoft has a clear way of doing business and nobody here is ever going to change that. If you want things to change, Ubisoft has to disappear. They have to undergo bankruptcy and be part of nothing but history. If you keep your money in your wallet and if the media get massively involved so that everybody knows how Ubi$oft is screwing its customers, then at last, this corporation might crash once and for all.

Companies that will come after Ubi$oft will learn something from its wreckage. And then, and only then, you will get quality games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Toperia is right. Removal of UBI isn't a solution. Haven't Epic managed to port UT to consoles without stopping the support for PC? Haven't Rockstar successfully ported GTA: SA too PC by adding high res textures and more detailed environments JUST for the PC?

Hell, even EA has managed to successfully port NFS and other games with excellent quality (I haven't experienced any problems with majority of their titles).

The solution isn't banishment of UBI from R6 titles (never going to happen). The solution is that instead of trying to cut corners by porting a game almost exactly to PC to release it at the same time with consoles to make more money, they should spend time delaying the PC release to work on it, add more quality and make it almost flawless.

The age old argument that PC games need to be optimised for different machines and can't be good is a load of bs. Oh I am sorry, I must have missed something when games like Quake 3, UT.. and even UBI's own Prince of Persia: SOT (only that title) among thousand others which managed to work on different machines without any problems.

So the solution is to spend more time optimizing games for PC. Oh and whenever a game comes out for Consoles AND PC at the same time, steer clear and wait for comments from gamers in the forums. 90% chance that the developers rushed it cause of publisher pressure to meet the release date with consoles.

xoops
02-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by destinyDES:
The solution isn't banishment of UBI from R6 titles (never going to happen).

I do not personally banish UBI for what they've done with R6. I do it for what they do with ALL their games on ALL their platforms.

It's true their PC market is undergoing the most disastrous treatment. R6 is not the only failed PC franchise, look at SCDA and GRAW.

Even the Xbox 360 version of Vegas has its share of problems too. More generally, the NUMBER ONE platform of UBI has its share of rushed games...

And look at some UBI releases for the Wii. Red Steel is a completely broken game, and Far Cry: Vengeance is probably the most defective game ever made by any corporation.

With increasing pressure from investors to reduce development time (on every platform), I don't see how UBI is going to match your solution... The only corporations that do it are privately owned (id, Valve, Blizzard, etc) and their release date is always ''When it's done''. UBI will never be a match for them.