PDA

View Full Version : info request

darkhorizon11
01-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Once again I'm searching for more information. Thorough searches on google and yahoo using all different techniques yielded nothing (in english anyway).

Im looking for information to make historical missions in the air battles over Berlin throughout the war. Especially late war stuff, but anything will do. I can find some info about USAAC bombing raids on the city and the surrounding areas like Oranienburg Gatow etc but I was looking for info about LW units that were stationed in Berlin and the surrounding airfields like Frankfurt and Eisenhuettenstadt (sp?). I'm aware that the Russians flew against the city as well and any info about those missions would be helpful too.

Also, were any Me 262 units stationed there at any point? At first I thought there would be since jets flying over the capitol would be a big propaganda move but it seems all these units were based in southern Germany. Anyways any help is greatly appreciated, THANKS!

darkhorizon11
01-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Once again I'm searching for more information. Thorough searches on google and yahoo using all different techniques yielded nothing (in english anyway).

Im looking for information to make historical missions in the air battles over Berlin throughout the war. Especially late war stuff, but anything will do. I can find some info about USAAC bombing raids on the city and the surrounding areas like Oranienburg Gatow etc but I was looking for info about LW units that were stationed in Berlin and the surrounding airfields like Frankfurt and Eisenhuettenstadt (sp?). I'm aware that the Russians flew against the city as well and any info about those missions would be helpful too.

Also, were any Me 262 units stationed there at any point? At first I thought there would be since jets flying over the capitol would be a big propaganda move but it seems all these units were based in southern Germany. Anyways any help is greatly appreciated, THANKS!

wayno7777
01-03-2006, 01:56 AM
Darkhorizon, IIRC there are books by Hans Ring about the Luftwaffe that may contain the info you're looking for. You might find their titles here.... http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=55

darkhorizon11
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
thanks! anyone else?

Heliopause
01-03-2006, 11:59 AM
JG 7 came to life in the end of 1944 and was stationed at airfields near Berlin (Brandenburg-Briest, Oranienburg, Parchim)until mid-April when it moved to Czech airfields.

JV 44 worked up its numbers at Brandenburg-Briest but went to the south of Germany at the end of march.