PDA

View Full Version : Your preferred profiles for Wanted

DeanOMiite
01-09-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm getting better at Wanted but I'm not quite there, I feel like my game is missing that one element that pushes me from good to great. So I want to share my basic strategy and see what you guys are doing differently that I can use to my advantage.

I mostly use one profile, but there are two others I use based on situation.

The profile I use the most is a stun-based one with long lasting smoke and mute. I'm good at stuns and with these abilities I can get 4 to 8 stuns a game depending on the stupidity of my pursuers, and the idea of doing this is to stay alive long enough to get my 300+ silent streak bonus. Usually works pretty well.

The other two changes I make though...at the start of the match (or later if I'm behind by 1000+ late) I use long lasting smoke and slow poison and try to get focus/agony/incognito/hidden...then the other profile I use is strong firecrackers and mute...i hate not having mute because i love the stun and I break out the strong firecrackers if I've got targets blending like crazy and I need to expose them.

Also, my perks for all three of these are blender + overall cooldowns.

I guess my issue is that when I use smoke bombs and mute almost exclusively, it's tough to get more than 400 a kill so it's hard to come back from deficits or pad my lead.

So...what should I do differently so I can score points more quickly? Should I focus so much on stunning/survival or go a different route?

SimDuff
01-09-2011, 09:24 AM
I'ts good that you already use more than one profile. When I play with smoke/stun I try to get hidden kills, it's 200pts extra and could get you variety. That's my next point: variety. Even though discreet and silent kills give you less, getting them at least once gives you more variety. Get acrobatic in there and one poison if you can, plus you'll have stunned already... yup, my advice is get hidden when possible and think of variety.

colan33
01-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Poison/Decoy or Poison/Stun!
Melt in/x2!
Stay hidden all the time.
I never run after people.
I usually get over 5000 point`s every round.
(Daughter is playing to and she loves Smoke/Discuise)

DoctorEurope
01-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Usually start out with RR Smoke Bomb with Slow Acting poison and when I get about a 2000 point lead switch it up to a RR Morph with RR Mute class. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
01-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I use power morph in both my main Wanted profiles.

Start off with Slow poison.

If I take an early lead, or if I notice there are a few people who are good at finding me in morph groups, I switch to a set with Strong Smoke Bombs.

If I'm using smoke but only have 1 - 2 pursuers, I'll smoke + stun, and occasionally go for the incog/hidden kill, or use smoke to get incog/focus if it's not on cooldown.

If I'm using poison, I'll go for incog/poison almost every time poison's available (occasional drop to silent), and pick up hidden bonuses where I can do so, whether with or without poison.

I rarely survive long enough to make 5 kills, so I only have 3-silent +300 streak.

If I'm really on the defensive, I won't bother going after a target, I'll sit there and wait for pursuers, if one comes alone, I'll smoke + stun then run in the direction I judge least likely to hold pursuers, and re-morph (or rely on blender while waiting for cooldown). If they lead my target to me, then I'll wait for the lure and go for my incog/hidden kill. If there's more than 1 approaching pursuer, I tend to switch between smoke then run, run then smoke, smoke + stun (if one breaks chase, smoke + stun the other - I get 200, he gets 100), or wait and hope for the lures. Depends how worried I am about being caught out, and how close my target (one of their pursuers) is.

X_Heavy_Fire_X
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Favorite profiles are:
Disguise & Poison
Templar vision & Hidden gun
Templar vision & Firecrackers
Disguise & Morph

First one is a neat killer, you can poison a foe without them noticing: if their front is to you blend quickly and use diguise, walk past them and poison them, then hide.

Second one I call "son of a gun," good for advanced modes; Get on a building nearby your target, look down and see if your target is in your line of view, if so activate templar vision and locate then lock on to the target; rest is a pull of the trigger.

Third one I use in team matches where you have multiple targets and enemies. These step up let you find targets and enemies so that you can surprize them.

Fourth one is a new one I've been trying in wanted mode, use morph in a moving group to have them bring you to your target, then use disguise and break off from the group as if you are the only one who was not affected by morph, and let the group overshoot the target which will usally get spooked and slowly move in the opposite direction, and right into your disguised arms.

NoonKnight
01-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Disguise and SB. I avoid going to almost isolated places to reduce the chance of the pursuer noticing me. Disguise also gives me the reason to run across the map.

stitchlessdeath
01-10-2011, 01:47 AM
These are my typical set ups...

Begining
Rapid Reload Firecrackers/Rapid Reload Charge

Middle
Long Lasting Mute/Rapid Reload Smoke Bomb

End
Slow Poison/Long Lasting Smoke Bomb

And every now and then, I'll use the hidden gun and throwing knives to torture runners, and my last profile, has nothing, absolutely nothing, and its fun when I play it and do well, its thrilling...

FireTempest00
01-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Rapid Stunning
RR Smoke/Mute
Blending
Overall Cooldowns
300+ Kill Streak
Reset Cooldowns

Multipurpose set works for me in Wanted, Manhunt, and Alliance games for offense and defense play. Smoke recharges lightning fast allowing for quick multiple stuns. Every 30 seconds. Mute is my instant suppressor to anyone running towards me so they can't kill me and get stunned.

x2 Revenge
Long Lasting Smoke
Slow Poison
Blending
Overall Cooldowns
300+ Kill Streak
x2 Score

If for some reason I reach the point where I am getting my butt kicked and have a 5 loss streak, Smoke will be offensive for a focused poison kill with the x2 for an average of 2200-2500 and as high as 3000+ points if lucky.

IPwnEverybody
01-12-2011, 08:39 AM
All these Templar Vision guys and Smoke abusers make me sad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Start off with Morph/Poison - Get a good poison, get ahead, then start hiding. When you're near the top and you die -

Switch to Morph/Decoy - You have 2 or 3 guys on you all the time, going for kills is going to be tough. Just hide with some Morphed guys, and when you spot a pursuer, either hold your nerve, or panic and send the Decoy. Unless they are very smart or have the game-ruining power that is Templar Vision, they'll get the wrong guy.

Earn lots of Lures to keep your lead, then if you fall behind, go for kills again, then repeat. This tactic relies on not running around the rooftops like a child and thus ruining the fun for all involved.

obliviondoll
01-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by IPwnEverybody:
either hold your nerve, or panic and send the Decoy. Unless they aren't morons, they'll get the wrong guy.
Fixed that for you.

There are a LOT of idiots who fall for decoy, but there are also a fair few decent, but not great, players who can see through it really easily. With or without Templar Vision. I'm only an average player, and I ignore decoys at least 80% of the time they're used against me.

LeatherDaddy
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I use power morph in both my main Wanted profiles.

Start off with Slow poison.

If I take an early lead, or if I notice there are a few people who are good at finding me in morph groups, I switch to a set with Strong Smoke Bombs.

If I'm using smoke but only have 1 - 2 pursuers, I'll smoke + stun, and occasionally go for the incog/hidden kill, or use smoke to get incog/focus if it's not on cooldown.

If I'm using poison, I'll go for incog/poison almost every time poison's available (occasional drop to silent), and pick up hidden bonuses where I can do so, whether with or without poison.

I rarely survive long enough to make 5 kills, so I only have 3-silent +300 streak.

If I'm really on the defensive, I won't bother going after a target, I'll sit there and wait for pursuers, if one comes alone, I'll smoke + stun then run in the direction I judge least likely to hold pursuers, and re-morph (or rely on blender while waiting for cooldown). If they lead my target to me, then I'll wait for the lure and go for my incog/hidden kill. If there's more than 1 approaching pursuer, I tend to switch between smoke then run, run then smoke, smoke + stun (if one breaks chase, smoke + stun the other - I get 200, he gets 100), or wait and hope for the lures. Depends how worried I am about being caught out, and how close my target (one of their pursuers) is.

This is pretty much my strategy with only differences in profiles. I'll usually start with slow poison/RR smoke bomb, which is a good offensive/defensive combo.

Once I get a good lead, I'll switch to something like strong mute/RR smoke bomb and just blend and wait for pursuers. If I'm in the San Donato map, I'll usually just hang out in the chapel, which makes it very easy to pick out pursuers and get free stuns.