PDA

View Full Version : extraocclusion

ZF_Malteser
03-16-2005, 06:16 AM
Hi all,

not sure if this is the right board, but if not, feel free to move this thread somewhere else http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

My question:
What does the dedicated server console command "extraocclusion" do ?

Greets,
ZF_Malteser

ZF_Malteser
03-16-2005, 06:16 AM
Hi all,

not sure if this is the right board, but if not, feel free to move this thread somewhere else http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

My question:

Greets,
ZF_Malteser

ZF_Malteser
03-18-2005, 05:34 AM
does anyone know ?

Extreme_One
03-18-2005, 05:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZF_Malteser:
does anyone know ? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It appears to do nothing.

MajorBloodnok
03-18-2005, 06:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZF_Malteser:

My question:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Isn't it like when someone tall is blocking your view in the theatre and then they go and put a hat on and/or turn out to be Abe Lincoln?

Waldo.Pepper
03-18-2005, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MajorBloodnok:

My question:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Isn't it like when someone tall is blocking your view in the theatre and then they go and put a hat on and/or turn out to be Abe Lincoln? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Troll2k
03-18-2005, 01:49 PM
From the Merriam-Webster dictionary for occlusion:

2 : the front formed by a cold front overtaking a warm front and lifting the warm air above the earth's surface.

Therefore it must mean: more clouds

ZF_Malteser
03-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks, Troll2k, this could be worth a try...

zetareticulan
03-19-2005, 06:56 PM
the only time that word has been used in the entire history of human civilisation was in relation to rearview mirror oddnessings on the p.38.

billy885
03-20-2005, 12:57 PM
ZF_Malteser, you got more feedback then I did. Most not good.

Troll2k, sounds reasonable, but maybe I am blind as I do not see any differences, with it off or on.

Covino
03-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Occlusion with games is often in reference to sound. In fact, there used to be an "occlusion" checkbox under the sound tab in IL-2 Setup in an older version. I believe this setting affected whether the cockpit muffled exterior sounds.

To occlude means to block/muffle/obstruct so I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the setting may make distant sounds (enemy fighters for example) much quieter to better allow bouncing/surprise tactics.

Purely an educated guess though.

ZF_Malteser
03-22-2005, 01:17 PM
but there's still one thing that bothers me... why is it only available with the dedicated server and not within the game itself when you host ?

BaldieJr
03-22-2005, 02:30 PM
Check your conf.ini, its there.