PDA

View Full Version : Patch 401 - bug reporting

Pages : [1] 2

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Greetings all.

Patch 401 and 401m officially released: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/2581046033

You all pretty much know the drill by now, e-mail your findings to pf@1c.ru , back it up with ntrk files or screenshots if needed. If you would like sharing what you found with others, feel free to post in this thread.

Please, do not start separate bug threads, keep it all in one place, meaning HERE.

Thanks.

Greg_Boyington
06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Well, first thanks to all the staff at 1C, and third party, for this new add-on.
But i'm very disappointed with something :

Were are the void.bmp for the new Ki-100 and Tempest???

Is it a bug?

I ask this becuase i'm a skin artist, and i was wainting for so long to make skins for those planes....but without voids, its impossible!

If it's just something you forget, could you post a link to dowmnload those files please?

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 11:08 AM
I can`t get ahold of anyone now Greg, it was reported in earlier versions, i am not sure what happened

VONGRAZ
06-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Only a simply request: PATCH THE PATCH ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

NonWonderDog
06-15-2005, 12:03 PM
Alright, heres a small bug, but an old one:
When trimming the control surfaces, the control stick will always stay centered, on all or nearly all planes. The control stick should move to the position it's trimmed to in nearly all of these planes. The rudder pedals in every plane already show this behavior, I'd simply like it to be carried over to the control stick. Oddly enough, the Bf-109 used to do this in 4.00 (when it probably shouldn't have, see below) but this behavior has been removed in 4.01.

Another, not so little thing:
The Bf-109 in real life used a trimmable tailplane instead of the normal elevator trim configuration. This is not represented in game. In this aircraft, trimming the stabilizer for the correct speed should allow one to get more useful lift from the tailplane. I fear that if it is implemented, however, there would be no end to the "the bf-109 elevator trim enables UFO maneuvers!" whining...

Dutchfalcon46
06-15-2005, 12:06 PM
What are you all crying about, we should be glad they still make patches ad for FREE!!
It ain't getting worse only better, so what if not every request is in the new patch (did you ever see such a never ending wish list to begin with??)
I 'll believe there will be more updates comming
after some time so be patience and be happy with what we already have.

Kwiatos
06-15-2005, 12:12 PM
OK where is Torque effect in 4.01?

S.taibanzai
06-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Rudder trim in zero

Ball stay at right side when trimming for center

Blackdog5555
06-15-2005, 12:48 PM
excellant http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

BigganD
06-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah why is there no torque effect in 4.01?
Why have they removed the slide effect?!!!
Where is the enegry fighting with less turning that Oleg promised ?
WHY IS THIS GAME GOING BACK TO 3.04??

DuxCorvan
06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Ivan, I have the feel you only have to rename the 4.0 bug thread, and that will do... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Unless there is no torque, as the above ones say, in which case I'd rename it to 3.99 bug thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

RAF74_Poker
06-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by S.taibanzai:
Rudder trim in zero

Ball stay at right side when trimming for center

IIRC, -21 didn't have rudder trim ... on -22 and later.

Of course, I may well be wrong, too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Larkatak
06-15-2005, 01:41 PM
so ahh...can we just install it over the 4.00?

or our pc would spouteniously combust and we'll all go to hell?

Kwiatos
06-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Many stutters, bad fps on servers, much less torque - 4.01 patch http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

For me 4.0 much better!

zimbower1
06-15-2005, 01:50 PM
I agree to Biggans post.
patch 4.01 is just disgusting thats how i feel about it.
Beta 04 was great!

Pteranodon
06-15-2005, 01:51 PM
First of all, i wanted to say "Thanks for the patch, Oleg and company".
I know already,that i and alot of other people will enjoy it.

But i encounter a little bug,i think.
I cant fly a P40, version B and C.
When i want to fly the plane,i cant get into cockpit view,only external and flyby.
In the external view,the plane is also not responding on the x45.
The other planes no problems so far.

Chadburn
06-15-2005, 01:51 PM
This is not new but since trim has been sped up in 4.01 it is important.

During blackout, it is still possible to input trim controls even though you're unable to input stick controls. As well, you can still work the plane's weapons. I assume the black screen is to simulate the pilot's state of unconciousness, so no inputs to any controls should be possible.

Grisha7
06-15-2005, 01:52 PM
I like the new patch just fine. Shame about the missing Spit prop but that's a small detail really. FM is excellent, slightly less torque (compared with 4.00) which I feel is about right.

Well, I'm happy with it, thanks Oleg and 1C http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Something isn`t right... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

FA_Whisky
06-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Wrong patch released? Looks like an early beta

A.K.Davis
06-15-2005, 02:01 PM
WTF? I thought they were just fixing a dedicated server bug? Why would 4.01 be different than 4.00 elsewhere?

Darkbluesky
06-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Something isn`t right... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

What do you mean? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

VVS-Manuc
06-15-2005, 02:03 PM
where are th torque effects? they were too weak in 4.00 and no almost gone???

potver
06-15-2005, 02:12 PM
First of all I liked 4.00 much more qua torque, but overall it,s a great patch.
Another weird thing: when I fire some cannon rounds into the ground with the Bf-109G 6, The sky and clouds are flickering as if it,s a driver problem ( was also in 4.00)

Beckh_3.JG51
06-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Is it a joke? Are you sure its 4.01? Feels like 3.04.

Wujo303
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
I have to agree 4.0 was just great big step forward FM felt very good and torque was just fine. So I had three days of happiness and now I just tried 4.1 what a disappointment torque is next to nothing. Step back again.

msalama
06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Step back again.

...whereas I'm not stepping up at all if what you guys say is true...

Atomic_Marten
06-15-2005, 02:29 PM
First off, to all of you guys -- this is *bug reporting thread*. So far it is far more your 'observations' than bugs here.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Second, I think that Betty bomber campaign should be under IJA folder, not IJN. I may be wrong but I think that G4M is an army plane..

AWL_Spinner
06-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Well it wouldn't be the first time the wrong one has been posted! I'll keep my download going as I'm getting a decent 50k/sec but may wait to install it until tomorrow, see what turns up in this forum regarding the "correctness" of this patch! I like the 4.0!

Grue_
06-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Hmm. Ivan's comment has kept my mouse clicker off the patch file.

Pls can you expand on 'Something isn't quite right' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

goshikisen
06-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
Second, I think that Betty bomber campaign should be under IJA folder, not IJN. I may be wrong but I think that G4M is an army plane..

The Betty is definitely a Navy Bomber.

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 02:45 PM
I am not sure what happened to torque and why already known things were not corrected. That`s why i said something isnt right. I cant say anything else until i know what`s going on. Will talk to Oleg when he gets to work. All i can say folks.

Atomic_Marten
06-15-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by goshikisen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:

The Betty is definitely a Navy Bomber. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My bad. Sorry then. False alarm. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

NonWonderDog
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Hmmm....torque is different. The Bf-109 seems to have just as much torque as in 4.00, but the P-51 seems to have less. Or was it always this tame?

The engine-off torque bug is still here, too. Engine torque with the prop stopped seems to be the same as the torque generated at max throttle and rpm. There's no torque as long as the prop is windmilling, but as soon as it stops...BAM!

Capt._Tenneal
06-15-2005, 03:02 PM
I'll be getting 4.01 tonight and installing it, but crazyivan's comment puts a small bit of uneasiness to all of this. I hope he does hear something from "the man" or OM himself decides to say something here in ORR.

Jg300_Kostek
06-15-2005, 03:06 PM
One of the comments of some virtual front pilot (good pilot):

".....hu ha ha ha, Oleg said 4.0 is not final cause they have to solve a bug ONLY in SERVER....

What i have now in my hand is a plane flying like in 3.04......less torque(nearly nothing) and a more arcadish flightmodel as in 4.0....
This patch is realy a step back!!

BRGDS"

I do agree about it.
This is a main bug in 4.01 - it's step backwords.

Romulan
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Would like the FM of 4.0 back please.

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Folks, lets not jump into conclusions and give it some testing. As many suggested, make a copy of IL2 and have 400m and 401m and base your assumptions on that. This is exactly what i am going to do tonight. Quiet often is a matter of belief, one says it`s different and others repeat after him. Have your own opinion. Download it, play with it and see what you come up with, ok?

Romulan
06-15-2005, 03:24 PM
BTW thanks for the Patch.

PS anyone know whats happening to the JU88?

Recon_609IAP
06-15-2005, 03:25 PM
and easy to switch too - all that is different in 4.0 v 4.01 is the files.sfs

so, you can make backup and try it out

Recon_609IAP
06-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure I agree with the previous assessment, seems about the same as 4.0 to me.

I'll wait and see what others say.

rednine
06-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Folks, lets not jump into conclusions and give it some testing. As many suggested, make a copy of IL2 and have 400m and 401m and base your assumptions on that. This is exactly what i am going to do tonight. Quiet often is a matter of belief, one says it`s different and others repeat after him. Have your own opinion. Download it, play with it and see what you come up with, ok?
this is true fly for more then 3 secs to make up your mind

SeaFireLIV
06-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Try pelting at full speed in the Spitfire Vb in 4.01, the nose does not appear to dip any more pranging the prop. In 4.00 I could not do this without bending the prop...

Still testing.

Herustic_Algor
06-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Me-163B rocket plane has not been fixed- Acceleration, rate of climb and top speed at altitude all off by 50% or more-same as it was in 4.00... sigh

Equilizer
06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Not a bug report - but I did some testing.

Switched back and forth between 4.0 and 4.01.

I only tested : Fw190A5, P38J, Il2 Series1, and I16.

Torque is still there. I took off with each individual plane and noticed the torque right off the bat. I also cut an engine on the P38J on take off and it went right into the ground due to excessive yaw which I did not react quick enough, or have enough alt, to correct.

The thing that has been toned down at higher speeds, still slightly there at lower speeds, is the oscillation.

There is no more excessive yaw oscillation, it was excessive before. The planes bounced back and forth like they were on a rubber band axis. The roll does not keep on going like it did before after you released the ailerons. That was too much before. And the pitch, it isn't bouncing around like it was before. Another "rubber band" axis type thing.

All in all, torque is still there and just as strong. But the absence of the strong oscillations of 4.0 is why it appears easier.

But take a few planes to low speed and you'll see that in turns you still need to hold rudder to combat the torque.

mauriciobhs
06-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Yes,

I tested with P51.
Torque still there.
Not like a 4.00 version, but greater than in 3.04.

psykokouak
06-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Herustic_Algor:
Me-163B rocket plane has not been fixed- Acceleration, rate of climb and top speed at altitude all off by 50% or more-same as it was in 4.00... sigh

i don't speak english verry well sorry:

that real, i have some real movies sequences of the real komet take of, and i confirm: with the 401m patch there is - 50% acceleration power.

but with this new patch on my PC the water and the new clouds are beautiful http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

je ne parle pas bien anglais, desolé:

je confirme, j'ai des vidéos d'époque de décollages du vrai komet, et avec le patch 401m il y a 50% d'acceleraion en moins.

mais avec le nouveau patch l'eau et les nouveaux nuages sont tres beaux. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Equilizer:

Torque is still there. I took off with each individual plane and noticed the torque right off the bat. I also cut an engine on the P38J on take off and it went right into the ground due to excessive yaw which I did not react quick enough, or have enough alt, to correct.

The thing that has been toned down at higher speeds, still slightly there at lower speeds, is the oscillation.

There is no more excessive yaw oscillation, it was excessive before. The planes bounced back and forth like they were on a rubber band axis. The roll does not keep on going like it did before after you released the ailerons. That was too much before. And the pitch, it isn't bouncing around like it was before. Another "rubber band" axis type thing.

All in all, torque is still there and just as strong. But the absence of the strong oscillations of 4.0 is why it appears easier.

But take a few planes to low speed and you'll see that in turns you still need to hold rudder to combat the torque.

Now, first resonable post on the issue.

Thank you.

SlagterAbe
06-15-2005, 04:08 PM
I don't know if this is a bug but I took some F4Us and Corsairs and Spits out for a spin over the ocean... FM seems reasonable enough, inertia and weight and oscillation all feel good BUT the FPS are HORRIBLE.

Every time I made an input on the stick or throttle it would lag for about 1 second, no input - no lag. My logical assumption is that this is due to the modified FM, but if so, why did it not do this in 4.0? No graphics settings were changed and I'm running an awesome rig (on Excellent). Doesn't make any sense.

Edit: Specific Rig Details

AMD Athlon XP 2400+
1 GB Ram
6800 GT 256 mb AGP 4x (77.xx drivers)
Windows XP SP2

I'm going to run some more tests after a restart and make some more comments.

Tomas_W
06-15-2005, 04:22 PM
The Spitfire MkVc 2 cannon version is still not flyable in the DGen campaigns.
SPITFIRE5C2 added to planesGB1.dat
Spitfire MkVc(2) selectable in the campaign menu
But when i click "Generate" it just goes "bleeeeeeep!" for a short while and it doesn't load the mission briefing.

Acutally the fact that some of the flyables aren't available in the DGen just doesn't make any sense to me. What's the deal?

Tromplamort
06-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Has someone backuped his/her .SFS files to go back to 4.00? Because I think that I'm not the only one that is quite upset with 4.01 version and desire to back to 4.00. That might be helpful for many players. Thanks in advance... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SlagterAbe
06-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Just did some more testing after a fresh restart. The above problem was resolved. No more lagging. I'm guessing I had a memory leak from another application. I tested the same planes again and it ran rather nicely.

NEW BUG:
I noticed this while playing 4.0m as well - While viewing a plane from the underside the paneling is removed and I can see the modelling on the inside - it is like the bottom fuselage came off or something. It reappeared when shot at - the damage texture probably replaces the original one.

I have the 77.xx drivers for the 6800GT, I'm going to try this with different drivers (WHQL certified by nvidia) and see if it comes up again.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Tromplamort:
I'm considering it, this "official" patch seems to be acting strangely for some reason. I'm not going to say it's "better" or "worse" but I am noticing some interesting bugs and weird happenings...

rednine
06-15-2005, 04:41 PM
i just installed from 3.04to 4.01 there is plenty torque in there the fm seams the same as 4.0 . maybe there is a problem installing it over 4.0??

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by rednine:
i just installed from 3.04to 4.01 there is plenty torque in there the fm seams the same as 4.0 . maybe there is a problem installing it over 4.0??

Doubt it mate..seems like problem with imagination. I double checked russian forums as well... they seem to be going thru same thing as we do... panic mode http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

A.K.Davis
06-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ****terAbe:
Just did some more testing after a fresh restart. The above problem was resolved. No more lagging. I'm guessing I had a memory leak from another application. I tested the same planes again and it ran rather nicely.

NEW BUG:
I noticed this while playing 4.0m as well - While viewing a plane from the underside the paneling is removed and I can see the modelling on the inside - it is like the bottom fuselage came off or something. It reappeared when shot at - the damage texture probably replaces the original one.

I have the 77.xx drivers for the 6800GT, I'm going to try this with different drivers (WHQL certified by nvidia) and see if it comes up again.

Is anyone else getting this problem?

Tromplamort:
I'm considering it, this "official" patch seems to be acting strangely for some reason. I'm not going to say it's "better" or "worse" but I am noticing some interesting bugs and weird happenings...

This is an nvidia driver problem. You will see this with drivers later than 73.00 and perfect settings.

SlagterAbe
06-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks AKD. I think it's livable with the other improvements from the latest drivers from nvidia... pros outweigh the cons. Other than that the patch is not as bad as people are making it out to be. I think it's a good compromise.

SeaFireLIV
06-15-2005, 04:58 PM
Got it! Do a complete reinstall. Previously with 4.01 over 4.00 my Spit was not torquing much and bending the prop at speed on take off. This was my test.

With a fresh install + 3.03+ 3.04 + 4.01 she now torques and bends the prop at speed like normal.

I believe 4.01 is ok. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You need a fresh install.

People who haven`t previously d\l 4.00 aren`t affected. That`s why we`re getting this half and half thing.

MaxBruder
06-15-2005, 05:08 PM
I had installed 4.0m. I just went into IL2 Forgotten Battles folder and found found a folder names 4.0 officel and deleted it I will try it out again to see if it improves.

Capt._Tenneal
06-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the findings, SeaFire. I just finished d'loading 4.01 and will just eat supper then install. Every patch I normally do a complete uninstall / install anyway so I hope what you say is true. If I go from 3.04 to 4.01 without passing 4.0, everything will be fine. Wish me luck !

Chadburn
06-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Got it! Do a complete reinstall. Previously with 4.01 over 4.00 my Spit was not torquing much and bending the prop at speed on take off. This was my test.

With a fresh install + 3.03+ 3.04 + 4.01 she now torques and bends the prop at speed like normal.

I believe 4.01 is ok. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You need a fresh install.

People who haven`t previously d\l 4.00 aren`t affected. That`s why we`re getting this half and half thing.

Well..I hope this isn't true. So ppl who install 4.01 over 4.00 get an easier flight model than those that do 4.01 over 3.04 but can still join the same multiplayer games?????

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 05:15 PM
no Chad... i think SeaFire had individual issue...maybe overwriting didn`t go well.

Waldo.Pepper
06-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Fiat Cr42 Ground handling is extremely poor.
Fiat Cr42 also plane has to tail wheel lock.

S.taibanzai
06-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Torque gone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Dont like patch 401

only bf 109 has same torque

its back to patch 304 now http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Josiv_
06-15-2005, 05:25 PM
No full cloud cover in rain/snow and thunder wheather conditions.

Herustic_Algor
06-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Josiv_:

You have to manually add TypeClouds=1 line to conif.ini file under [games] section

helps to read the readme people..

stubishop2005
06-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Why does everyone think that more torque is better?

It seems strange that everyone becomes an expert when a new patch comes out, why don't people just admit they weren't happy with the whole 4.0 mess up and then when the official does finally arrive everyone starts ****ging that off.

If theres less torque then that is the way its meant to be!

VVS-Manuc
06-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by stubishop2005:
Why does everyone think that more torque is better?

It seems strange that everyone becomes an expert when a new patch comes out, why don't people just admit they weren't happy with the whole 4.0 mess up and then when the official does finally arrive everyone starts ****ging that off.

If theres less torque then that is the way its meant to be!
YESSSSSS, Master ! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Recon_609IAP
06-15-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm glad to see the incorrect excessive yaw oscillation fixed.

Mortis_Angelis
06-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Out of curiosity, what happened to the Mosquitos?

Also, IMHO, the torque in 4.0 was a little excessive.

Josiv_
06-15-2005, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Josiv_:

You have to manually add TypeClouds=1 line to conif.ini file under [games] section

helps to read the readme people.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No full cloud cover in rain/snow and thunder wheather conditions.....with new clouds option. Check your self

xTHRUDx
06-15-2005, 05:53 PM
all the float plane phyisics are broken.

planes bob on the water like they have no weight.

float planes explode when they skim the water at crusing speed. i haven't found how fast you can go and not explode. still testing.

Equilizer
06-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Josiv_:
No full cloud cover in rain/snow and thunder wheather conditions.....with new clouds option. Check your self

There is cloud cover with rain/snow and thunder. But there are breaks where you can see the ground if you are above the clouds, or see the sky if you are below them.

It's not a solid 100% overcast.

Tooz_69GIAP
06-15-2005, 06:10 PM
For those of you who are too impatient to attempt to read the ReadMe, you may find a solution to some of the reports in this thread about how 4.01m isn't quite working as it is apparently supposed to:

"The 4.01m patch installs only over 3.03m or 3.04m (FB+AEP+PF merged)"

(Noone ever reads the ReadMe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif )

Danschnell
06-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Just downloaded the patch and played a bit. It is beautiful. Nearly perfect. It doesn't have the torque problems people are saying. I noticed toryque straight away after playing 3.04 which didn't have any. Nearly made me crash the Ki100 on takeoff!
Fantastic patch.
My only gripe is that the Allied 4 engined bombers are still firelighters. The B-24 seems to have joined the ranks of the B-17 with instant ignighting wings. Maybe the Mg151 is overmodelled.
It has always been my opionion that the mg151 was seriously weak compared to Allied 20mm cannon which was very unfair, but it was always my opinion too that the Allied ones were overmodelled, not the German ones undermodelled. Now I think both sides 20mm are overmodelled.
Theres no point in the Mk108 anymore! The Mg151 only needs a few rounds to down a hour engined heavy now!

FoolTrottel
06-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Tooz_69GIAP:
For those of you who are too impatient to attempt to read the ReadMe, you may find a solution to some of the reports in this thread about how 4.01m isn't quite working as it is apparently supposed to:

(Noone ever reads the ReadMe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif )

Sometimes you do not need to, as this post clearly states otherwise: Read it here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/1211037823/r/3131037823#3131037823)

Takata_
06-15-2005, 06:44 PM

Tsss!... It will install better directly over 3.0 and perfectly over 4.0. Patch 3.03 or 3.04 is useless, everything is overwritted with 4.01 files...

Takata

GRYPHON_401Cdn
06-15-2005, 07:07 PM
The torque model is the same as ver 4.0. Test it before you upgrade, by starting an aircraft in dispersal with the throttle preset to 80%, but dont touch the controls.

The aircraft will start, run up to 80%, and taxy away, and ty to takeoff. As it does so it will turn left - sharply at first, then less so once speed builds. It'll crash eventually. Do that 3 times, to see how far it turns and where it ends up, on average.

Now upgrade. Do the test again. The turns to the left are the same as far as I can see.

The torque reaction is marked at low or no airspeed, but minimal at speed. But there is no difference in that respect between patches either.

Eraser_tr
06-15-2005, 07:19 PM
I definitely will try the fresh install without 4.0

in 4.01 the graphical glitches are gone, but the flight model and framerate went to hell. at least 20FPS lower than 4.0 and the flight models are worse than MS's out of the box cfs3 ones(and not much gets worse)

I'm hoping that going over 4.0 is my problem. at the moment, stalls and flight characteristics are the worst they've EVER been, whereas leaked 4.0 was the best. I test flew the same planes. way above stall speeds in an incredibly gentle turn I went into a worse than 2.X or 3.X spin of death. in leaked 4.0 it was realistic, you could correct a stall easily with the right action and the spin of death wasn't in all planes instantly all the time. unless there was a total reversal in FMs between the release candidate and this version. if its not simply a bug from the install, expect me to never show up on these forums or online again.

Yes they are that bad, especially after the wonderfully smooth 4.0.

oh and by the way. alot of the free addon content doesn't show up. not even on the AI list can I find a do335, mossie, avia B.534, fokker Dxxi or cw-21 demon(what I was looking forward to most).

Tooz_69GIAP
06-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Eraser_trhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gifh and by the way. alot of the free addon content doesn't show up. not even on the AI list can I find a do335, mossie, avia B.534, fokker Dxxi or cw-21 demon(what I was looking forward to most).

That's coz there are none of these aircraft in the patch. And I doubt we'll see em for some time.

3.JG51_Stecher
06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Patched 4.01m right on top of 4.00m, as Oleg himself said we could do. Only had it for about an hour as of this post, flying the 109 and 190. Torque seems just like 4.00m to me. For those who say the torque is gone, like 3.04m, what planes are you talking about?

sapre
06-15-2005, 07:42 PM
So do I HAVE to reinstall FB/AEP/PF to get 4.01 working?
Or is it ok to just overwrite over 4.00?

JG53Frankyboy
06-15-2005, 08:01 PM
well.............. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

- Spitfire Vc issues:
from outside view, moving propeller arc only visible from aheadn not from behind.
from cockpit view missiing engine cowling and no visible moving proppeler arc

- Seafire L&F III LODs are loosing its wings at a distance of ~2100m.
Spitife VIII(CW) LOD is loosing its right wing at 2100m

- Ki-100 had 120rounds per fusealge Ho-5 20mm gun , not 250. just to compare, the Ki-84b has 150 rounds in its fusealge Ho-5 canons & the Ki61 has 250rpg of the smaller 12,7mm Ho-103 in its fusealge

- you cant roll of the invisible runway of testbase4 , you will be damaged

Tallyho1961
06-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Based on other posts in various forums, I did my upgrade by swapping the 4.01m files.SFS file for the 4.00m files.SFS file so I could go back if necessary. I feel no difference between the two, so far.

I think this is an excellent patch.

sapre
06-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Ever since PF was released, every time when someone bails out from either JP/US aircraft, the pilot suddenly transforms into Ger/Rus pilot, obliterating the immersion.
WHEN is this bug going to be fixed!?
Is it hardcoded or something?

Takata_
06-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Eraser_tr:
I definitely will try the fresh install without 4.0

in 4.01 the graphical glitches are gone, but the flight model and framerate went to hell. at least 20FPS lower than 4.0 and the flight models are worse than MS's out of the box cfs3 ones(and not much gets worse)

I'm hoping that going over 4.0 is my problem. at the moment, stalls and flight characteristics are the worst they've EVER been, whereas leaked 4.0 was the best. I test flew the same planes. way above stall speeds in an incredibly gentle turn I went into a worse than 2.X or 3.X spin of death. in leaked 4.0 it was realistic, you could correct a stall easily with the right action and the spin of death wasn't in all planes instantly all the time. unless there was a total reversal in FMs between the release candidate and this version. if its not simply a bug from the install, expect me to never show up on these forums or online again.

Yes they are that bad, especially after the wonderfully smooth 4.0.

oh and by the way. alot of the free addon content doesn't show up. not even on the AI list can I find a do335, mossie, avia B.534, fokker Dxxi or cw-21 demon(what I was looking forward to most).

What you are discribing is mostly a config problem, you should reset everything... video settings, sound settings and even your joystick/hotas settings, then set them again.

Pihi
06-15-2005, 09:45 PM
Seems that 4.01m is really backward from 4.00m... Just try to takeoff from grass, almost all planes takeoff like from runway... no torque, and no stalls anymore... I have installed it over 4.00m

I fly only online, so if there is different flight model if i install it over 3.04m, some onlinepilots have great advantage having no stalls and no torque...

What a **** when compare it leaked 4.00m... If there is really 40 Pilots(having PPL or better) to test this, could they chance their medicin, so toyish feeling 4.01m have....

I wrote this, because i think that FM is minor bug... tested only few hours, and that is enough for me to fly with 4.01m.... switch back to 4.00m and hope there is servers still for it...

By the way, i could PAY for these add-ons, if they really are better, why not make a new realism settings, so FM could have all goodies what were 4.00m and those who want to fly arcade, can switch it from settings?

LEBillfish
06-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Not bugs persay yet the Ki-61 model is simply an amalgamation of the 1a-1d maybe even Kai or Ki-61 II series... All very very simple fixes except for perhaps length....Posted on this often and emailed....will one more time on the email then won't pester further.

griego
06-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Reporting a bug.

In QMB I can't set Hostiles fuel load or even get to that window. I click on the button and nothing happens.

Polikov
06-15-2005, 11:14 PM
I guess I just copy what I wrote in the 4.00 bug tread, since the issue is still there:

Shvak gun tracer ammos are significantly reduced compared to previous patches. This is especially visible with the La-5 / La-7 series (not with the 3 canon versions, though, probably because that is equipped with different gun) I did not count, but it seems that tracer ammo is reduced to third or fourth of previous numbers.

I dont know if this is historicaly correct, but it makes aiming quite difficult in the Lavochkins (the other planes have the machine guns to aim). Please fix it if its a bug or just say "it is now historically authentic as it was not before".
Thx.

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Pihi:
Seems that 4.01m is really backward from 4.00m... Just try to takeoff from grass, almost all planes takeoff like from runway... no torque, and no stalls anymore... I have installed it over 4.00m

I fly only online, so if there is different flight model if i install it over 3.04m, some onlinepilots have great advantage having no stalls and no torque...

What a **** when compare it leaked 4.00m... If there is really 40 Pilots(having PPL or better) to test this, could they chance their medicin, so toyish feeling 4.01m have....

I wrote this, because i think that FM is minor bug... tested only few hours, and that is enough for me to fly with 4.01m.... switch back to 4.00m and hope there is servers still for it...

By the way, i could PAY for these add-ons, if they really are better, why not make a new realism settings, so FM could have all goodies what were 4.00m and those who want to fly arcade, can switch it from settings?

Why new name? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

DuxCorvan
06-15-2005, 11:25 PM
To be sincere, I just noted a change of name. No kidding. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

FM, additions, features, bugs... all looks the same to me than 4.00.

crazyivan1970
06-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Same here Dux.. i`m pretty puzzled right now. Torque still there, maybe planes just a tad more stable.. but other then that... pretty much the same as 4.0

kidneuro
06-16-2005, 12:22 AM
The most noticable "torqueless" plane is the SBD. In 4.0 it had to be trimmed all the time corresponding to the throttle setting. In 4.01 I can push the throttle up and down with no effect...

I'm not saying it was better or more realistic in 4.0, because I have never driven an SBD, but it was more challenging and fun for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

robbruce1
06-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Graphics transparency problems, flashing markings etc., on Mustang III, Brewster Buffalo and B-239, could be more aircraft.

Perfect mode, NV 6800 Ultra, 76.44 drivers. I'm loath to go back to 71.89 as they are unstable with other apps.

I don't recall any problems with B-239 on patch 3.04

RAF_Loke
06-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Also the same error from 4.00 consist in 4.01 on the Betty. Code on fuselage disappears when you zoom in on the plane.

Tooz_69GIAP
06-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by kidneuro:
The most noticable "torqueless" plane is the SBD. In 4.0 it had to be trimmed all the time corresponding to the throttle setting. In 4.01 I can push the throttle up and down with no effect...

I'm not saying it was better or more realistic in 4.0, because I have never driven an SBD, but it was more challenging and fun for me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

According to reports on how the SBD flew in the war, it was a solid aircraft that was sweet and easy to fly. I think the current way it flies matches those reports pretty well, especially considering how it flew in 3.04m!

I dunno how accurate compared to RL the SBD flies in 4.01m, but I like flying it now!

kidneuro
06-16-2005, 01:46 AM

According to reports on how the SBD flew in the war, it was a solid aircraft that was sweet and easy to fly. I think the current way it flies matches those reports pretty well, especially considering how it flew in 3.04m!

I dunno how accurate compared to RL the SBD flies in 4.01m, but I like flying it now!

Well probably a plane with this size would not swing around in the air like the 4.00 version, but I only mentioned it as the most obvious example of torque change in the new patch.

VVS-Manuc
06-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by griego:
Reporting a bug.

In QMB I can't set Hostiles fuel load or even get to that window. I click on the button and nothing happens.

did you select at least one enemy plane? If number of enemy planes is set to 0, you cannot change settings.

VVS-Manuc
06-16-2005, 02:09 AM
I think we need a clear statement from Oleg, whether there are changes in FM between 4.00 and 4.01 or not !

AWL_Spinner
06-16-2005, 02:33 AM
And it would ease the traffic on this thread if we could also get a clear statement on whether or not there are any differences between installing 4.01 over 4.00 as opposed to 3.x

Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rickshaven
06-16-2005, 03:11 AM
When going from pilot to rear gunner position and back to pilot in the "VAl" the sound of the wind remains. You have to open and close your canopy to make it stop. Not a big deal but a little bug.

DR-Aquila
06-16-2005, 03:37 AM
When triming the B-25, the yoke moves to the wrong side, the same as before.
TAS seems to be calculated in Kts by the Norden, the same as before too.

Monson74
06-16-2005, 04:27 AM
The Mustang Mk. III is missing the mirror on the external model.

LeadSpitter_
06-16-2005, 05:33 AM
Skins are not working in tracks,

he111 has some odd rotating problem on t/o when applying brakes.

p-47 still has incorrect payload positions.
wing racks 250 500 1000lb bomb
centerline 500lb bomb max

p40s still have the pimping hydrolic landing gears were ac rocks back and for scrapping wingtips on the ground.

and please rework ship AAA and get rid of those palm tree models and please create lower poly ones

3 polys for trunk and 2 triangle alpha cuts tilted for the leaves should be more then fine. Maybe increasing draw distance would be possible then

dora with disapearing rear tail segment and the new spitfire lod with mission wing

psykokouak
06-16-2005, 05:44 AM

REALS komets take of ( 3MO) (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/koinkoin/komet.wmv) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

joners
06-16-2005, 05:50 AM
MK VC
prop disc invisible from cockpit or outside view from behind.

Cockpit position too high above wings - no part of cannon or nose cowling visible.

jeanba2
06-16-2005, 06:00 AM
Problem with auto-pilot and mixture control :
For example, in a mission with a F4F wildcat :
manual takeoff with 120 % mixture control. Once in the air, shift to autopilot (without reducing mixture control, obviously), wait for a few minutes (time for the wildcat to climb at say 10000 ft) and you will see the black smoke trails typical from the too rich mixture.

Lewicide
06-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Why hasn't the spit nose prop wing problem been fixed it's been buug repoted since Beta 7 and if this is an example of a finished as opposed to leaked release............

Pihi
06-16-2005, 07:08 AM
"Why new name?

V!
Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST "

Sorry, can't understand, have not posted here earlier much, but read almost every day(posted only one post earlier, then i was saying that waiting that new preBoB FM, and could even buy it), but i have use this same nick over 3 years... Here i do not want to wrote as my squadron-based nick, so i am only "Pihi"

Sincerelly,

Jari V¤lkkynen,
Teacher and Artist,
aka LLv26_Pihi
pihi@lentolaivue26.org

PS. I really think that 4.00 is very good...

mauriciobhs
06-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Same here Dux.. i`m pretty puzzled right now. Torque still there, maybe planes just a tad more stable.. but other then that... pretty much the same as 4.0

Yes I agree.

Some planes has less torque than in v4.00.
But in others is equal.
It occurs in Yak3 that has the same torque in v4.01 and v4.00.

ZG77_Nagual
06-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Seems plenty of torque to go round. In all honesty I see no diff with 4.01. Rudder oscillation is far more realistic than it 3.04 - and very manageable with a simple trick. P38 is now much more stable laterally and stall behavior is free of strange torque.

All types exhibit torque (except the 38) to varying degrees. All have some degree of roll onset delay. 190 now has a merely fast roll - as distinct from the instantaneous roll it used to have.

The FM in this patch is a work of art (and science). Hats off to the dev team!

LBR_Rommel
06-16-2005, 09:14 AM
Plz give us the correct loudout of the bf109 f2/f4, what we have now is incorrect

SeaNorris
06-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Have the Italian markings on the Cr.42 been fixed?

A.K.Davis
06-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Only one big problem in 4.01: thetendency of the AI to ride slightly damaged aircraft into the ground. I already reported this for 4.0 and it persists in 4.01. It is not specific to any particular aircraft, but the 190, Hellcat and P-47 are more likely to take damage without critical failure, so you are more likely to notice the problem. It is not specific to any gun either.

After testing, I have concluded that the AI (now given the same FM as player) has not been coded to react to certain minor damages (I assume control damage). They make no attempts to recover, but they don't bail out either. Sometimes they fly a lazy spiral into the ground, sometimes a shallow dive and sometimes a steep dive. At first it would appear they are dead, but observation shows they are not:

1. there is still control input (although it is nonsensical control input) and the plane does not behave as if out of control (the flight behavior remains consistent until crash)
2. pilot's head still tracks
3. when plane finally smacks earth, pilot radios "I'm hit" message

This bug is leading to massive losses for AI in campaigns, as AI will initiate this behavior with very minor damage. It is also an immersion killer because the behavior appears totally unrealistic and allows for incredibly easy kills versus the AI.

It definitely appears that some new FM restriction has been placed on the AI pilots, but they have not been given the AI to respond to it.

dasist1
06-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Japanese national markings still do not show up on the Val's fuselage.

B-17E still has the American national markings on the erroneous place - underneath the tail wings.

AWL_Spinner
06-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Just noticed this, not sure if it's "new" or not - sorry - when you move from your aircraft to a different spot view and then back again, any smoke trails that may have been visible to you (i.e. from a damaged enemy aircraft) will have disappeared from screen, although they do start again from scratch.

I do like this patch a lot though, and am very pleased to see a Tempest, even if it's not flyable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

filiperafaeli
06-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Hello, Crazyivan.

In this situation: Example P38.

You are at 600km h, compressed elevators.

You pull up all controls, and in virtual cokpit the stick comes all. And the external elevators dont come.

In virtual cokpit the internal stick should not come. At now looks like it is fly by wire.

Got the point?

Its a old bug, not newest one.

See you, Filipe

DuxCorvan
06-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by SeaNorris:
Have the Italian markings on the Cr.42 been fixed?

No. No bugs solved, and despite all statements here about FM changes, I don't notice anything too relevant, unless they're using really subtle testings.

In my opinion, there are no fixes, nor are there new bugs or issues since 4.00. The tiny change in size must be because the change of encoded name in splash loading screen...

Willey
06-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Taffin hitsounds gone again http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/26.gif

262 kills fuel on steroids http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/37.gif

Monty_Thrud
06-16-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm trying to edit an NTRK file but after pressing the record button and starting to edit, it boots me back to the play track screen, having only recorded a few seconds worth...anyone else having this problem?

I loaded 4.01m over 4.00m

Willey
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I hate those dammned cheater tanks... Those taffers managed to shoot me down 4 times in 2 hours of flight now - with their main guns http://www.ubisoft.de/smileys/26.gif

WTF isn't that going to be fixed finally? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Scrappy_D
06-16-2005, 05:39 PM
It would seem that you have injected this game with a slow acting poison, why? ... to get more sales from BoB? It could have the opposite effect from the one you expect!
I know that you need to take care of the 'business' side of things ....

~S~

SgtWalt65
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goshikisen:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:

The Betty is definitely a Navy Bomber. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My bad. Sorry then. False alarm. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another issue Ivan. The graphics and FM's in 4.00m were just fantastic ( mostly anyway ). With patch 4.01m the graphics have gone to the crapper as well as the FM's. Most notable though is the graphics. Everything was so much sharper in 4.00, even the instruments and clouds. Now the clouds look like pre 3.04 and the reverse change just makes me sick.
Hope this isnt what we can exspect for BoB. Cause if it is, I will just cancel my pre-order.
All in the 354th are talking about leaving this game as well. The freaking P-51D Mustang will stall at 375 indicated with just a VERY lite pull back on the stick. Now that is just pathedic. Enough said.
I hate to points fingers, but there is clearly a trend on bias for the Russian planes. The new P-38L Late is outclassed and outran by a LaGG-3? LOL, if it wasn't so sickening I would laugh.

SgtWalt65
06-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Recon_609IAP:
and easy to switch too - all that is different in 4.0 v 4.01 is the files.sfs

so, you can make backup and try it out

Not so sure about that friend. Graphics in game were VERY nice in 4.0 and the instruments were so incredable clear I was in love with them ( well not really ). The patch reversed that and there back to the old bland LaLa graphics that pale in comparison to patch 4.00.

SgtWalt65
06-16-2005, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Equilizer:

Now, first resonable post on the issue.

Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My graphics have reverted back to 3.04 patch. Same old clouds same old ground and aircraft graphics. I have screen shots to show who ever wants to see them. I cannot post them, would have to email them. BTW, no I did not install any new drivers between the patches. But clearly it is not the same graphics between 4.00 and 4.01.

Chanel505
06-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Record from a ntrk to a new ntrk dont work,thanks for the patch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
btw a Bf-109 K14 and FW-190 D12 (Jumo 213F Bodenlader) would be nice. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Grey_Mouser67
06-16-2005, 08:31 PM
flying offline in a P-51B, I was outclimbed by a 109G late from 7,200 meters to 8,000 meters.

The AI seem unusually fast...he'd probably still be going except he started to turn. I also read somewhere that planes with manual shifting superchargers...ai don't switch.

I'll put any FM or DM/weapons changes in the category of "affects gameplay" and those would take precedence in fixing i think.

In addition there are some interesting threads going in ORR regarding .50 cal weapons strenght. One fellow has a good line of logic going where he has documented somewhere 100 8th airforce kills and kills averaged between 200-300 rounds per kill...Fw's and 109's I presume. Anyways if you extrapolate that out, this works out to say 7+ kills per sortie if you expend all your ammo. These are mostly ace pilots so I'd expect that to correspond in game to ace pilots... 7 online kills per sortie on the average in an environment where targets are unlimited...at least close to it. The real average is much less than that and lends creedence to the argument that HMG's are underpowered or too difficult to hit with.

I would think that game developers interested in gameplay being realistic would want ingame results to roughly correspond to real life results...so this indicates a disparity of fairly large proportions potentially... a couple of folks started to argue logic but it just doesn't go anywhere...the logic is sound so far.

Nick_Toznost
06-16-2005, 08:31 PM
The TB-3 appears to be a zeppelin. I managed to take off, fully laden with bombs in about 5 metres of runway. I know the TB-3 always was a bit "light" but I swear the new FM has pumped it full of helium.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Criticism anticipated.

CC_Razor_52
06-16-2005, 10:10 PM
~S~ All. My squad has recently come over to 1C games from the desolate hell of CFS. What an awsome game. Anyway, the only thing that I have found incorrect with the new patch is the new FM for the P51D-20NA. You would be hard pressed to convince me that a P-47D-22 with 50% fuel and two 500lb bombs is faster and more manoverable at 5000 feet than a late model 51d with default loadout. But, it seems to be in 4.01. Other than that, the graphics are a lot better when compared to 3.04m, for me at least. Its a noce addition to a great game.

Eagle4_team
06-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi.
I saw few things that i dont like.

1.Rudder. For many players left rudder is ok but right is to weak and they fall in stall even on easy turns. Same with take off, when i taxi to left there is no problem, when i go on right i must use40% power.
2.Splash, when plane hit water i see splash after 2 sec?? and not only me.
3.Clouds. they look like cotton. I didnt see big clouds like in 3.04

Patch is good. Few guys say that FM is **** but i did they fly on those planes?
I'm flying on P-51 and Spit MkVIII and FM is in 90% correct

Barra-Cuda
06-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Well I am not sure this is actually a bug but the fact that all planes seem to have way too much rudder/torque yaw on take off has made 4.01 useless for racing. Because the planes now yaw wildly from left to right and take up the entire width of the runway on a full power take off it is near impossible to do side-by-side take off, which we need to be able to do when using IL2 for racing. This will cause many ground collisions during race starts and will force racers to use 3.04 and not benefit from the other so called improvements in 4.01. Additionally the P51 now handles quite mushy as though it is a twin engine bomber not a fighter. My personal opinion is that the new Flight Model is not acceptable for racing and I do not much care for it for dogfighting as well. The new clouds all look the same as though someone threw cotton balls into the air. I for one do not care for the patch. Skin folders for several planes are missing and there is no clouds line in the config.ini file to edit for old style clouds. There is no MustangIII skin folder??? - Nope not impressed! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

VVS-Manuc
06-17-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Eagle4_team:
Hi.
I saw few things that i dont like.

1.Rudder. For many players left rudder is ok but right is to weak and they fall in stall even on easy turns. Same with take off, when i taxi to left there is no problem, when i go on right i must use40% power.
3.Clouds. they look like cotton. I didnt see big clouds like in 3.04

Patch is good. Few guys say that FM is **** but i did they fly on those planes?
I'm flying on P-51 and Spit MkVIII and FM is in 90% correct

to 1.) You have to counter the torque, which forces most planes to the left side (depends on the direction the engine rotates). So you have to put more right rudder and right turns are a little slower or you have to use more power while turning on the ground.

perrenegger
06-17-2005, 02:48 AM
...I feel a little changes in the 4.01
The first and more importan one is the "bell" fast movements around the yaw and pitch axis...
When in a spin recovery, in the 4.00, the movement was so fast that looks unreal... now, the dinamic stability is better.

The FOMOUS TORQUE is more easy to correct because of that AXIS inercial correction... so, the Torque still there, but our "guns" to correct it are improved... Taking off with a 109 with tail unlocked requere full right rudder at the begining of the T. O. run. As in the real live. The 109 is tail plane hevy, with less torque than the FW... and now this is corrected.

But, Still one of the bugs from the 4,00... Where is the ground sence when taxing?... when engine start no vibrations in the cockpit?...

I hope that this have to change soon...

Perre!.

wifc-sixer
06-17-2005, 03:47 AM
what the @#!# is going on over thare i have to maney bugs to report you would have to pay me to report all of this. my D,C,G SINGEL PLAYER GAME IS GONE 2 OF THE PLANES ARE NOT EVEN THARE. THERE IS NO F1 FOR THE P-51D F4F - AND MOST OF THE P[F] PLANES AND THE AI IS MORE UBER THAN EVER ECT.. ECT.. I WHISH I COULD GET TO TALK WHITH U.B.I .THIS MAKES YOU AND UBI LOOK BAD! you had all this time and every thing is not even right. i gess this means 2 MORE MONTHS! right. now i have to spend my time geting rid of all my game suff and install the game and down load all the paches so i can have a play able VER thanks it was deff what i wanted to do whith my free time.

Danschnell
06-17-2005, 04:17 AM
Why is everyone badmouthing this patch? It is brilliant. People are not getting it right, not UBI. People are saying 'the Bf109 has more torque than other planes please fix it' but IRL the BF109 DID have lots of torque. More pilots were killed landing the thing and taking off than in combat. It doesn't need fixing. Then they say 'my clouds are ruined' but they didn't read the readme telling them to set the clouds value to 1.
Yes they are bugs, but do things like no prop in spit cockpit really affect gameplay? I think that all the 20mm cannons are overmodelled, but at least its fair now, which is an improvement. Everything is better now. Jeez.

anarchy52
06-17-2005, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by SgtWalt65:
All in the 354th are talking about leaving this game as well. The freaking P-51D Mustang will stall at 375 indicated with just a VERY lite pull back on the stick. Now that is just pathedic. Enough said.
I hate to points fingers, but there is clearly a trend on bias for the Russian planes. The new P-38L Late is outclassed and outran by a LaGG-3? LOL, if it wasn't so sickening I would laugh.
Man You must be the worst FB player ever if You get owned by a LaGG-3 in a P-38L and stall the pony at 375 IAS...
Bet you get owned in a Spit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PikeBishop
06-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Dear all,
There seems to be a problem with the automatic pilot and damage. I have found that if one has a combat and suffers some light damage, if one then switches to the auto pilot to have a look around, his aircraft will just spiral into the ground unless one takes over. I do not know if this is common to all types........ie an autopilot problem in general or only specific aircraft..........this was a hurricaneI.

regards,
SLP

PS I do like the torque effect........I was trying to land a seafire on a carrier, was too high and opened the throttle at around 120mph to go around again. Very rapidly I noticed the roll due to the engine torque! I'll be more careful next time!!
SLP

rednine
06-17-2005, 06:54 AM
i think its a good patch, no one will be happy 100%,but to whine and complain doesnt do anything but make you look stupid, maybe if you guys post yourproblems in a more proactive way you will get a better response

CyC_AnD
06-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Clouds are porked, there is no overcast, just bigger clouds then old ones. There was overcast in beta, now we have about poor/blind wheater (and raining). Screens are from rain/snow setting, map from qmb, settings are maxed, TypeClouds=1 applied to [game] section.

http://img189.echo.cx/img189/3232/grab00006kh.jpg

http://img189.echo.cx/img189/6422/grab00025yv.jpg

thunder/storm setting clouds are only bigger/higher.

SgtWalt65
06-17-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by anarchy52:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SgtWalt65:
Man You must be the worst FB player ever if You get owned by a LaGG-3 in a P-38L and stall the pony at 375 IAS...
Bet you get owned in a Spit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

P-38L Late was doing flat out level flight of 570 kmh, LaGG was 3.0+ behind me and NOT in a dive. Caught me in under 30 seconds. The Mustang at 375kmh, was tested by several in our squad last night and it does have a bad FM.
We also have a friend ( 355 MonroeQ ) who is a real life P-47 pilot from WW2 and even he says the flight models for the 47 and 51 are WAY off. Not even close to being realistic he says. BTW he retired from the Air Force in 1971 I believe. Flew P-47's, P-51's ( WW2 ), F-84's ( Korea ) and F-100's & and I think the F-105's ( Vietnam ).

Again the P-51 stall issue, READ MY STATEMENT. Happens at 375kmh with a very light pull back on the stick. We also noticed the tail seems lose all effectiveness at around 500+ and the Pony seems to go into a wild giration and sometimes it comes out, sometimes it doesnt. Either way, real pony and thud drivers have said this is not correct for either of these planes in real life. The ones who have real life hours in these planes over 2000 Hours each have told us, this is borked. Regardless of what Oleg and his so called proffesional consultants try and say.

Danschnell
06-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Actually I second that post about the tanks' main guns shooting people down too easily. I just set up a row of about 10 T-34s and flew past them 3 or 4 times. They shot me with their main guns twice. Stupid really considering that in real life tanks didn't fire at aircraft at all. There would've been no point because they wouldn't have hit anyway. This must bea bug.

anarchy52
06-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Danschnell:
Actually I second that post about the tanks' main guns shooting people down too easily. I just set up a row of about 10 T-34s and flew past them 3 or 4 times. They shot me with their main guns twice. Stupid really considering that in real life tanks didn't fire at aircraft at all. There would've been no point because they wouldn't have hit anyway. This must bea bug.

Actually russians did use tanks as AA on at least one occasion. I've seen a picture of several T-34s in special dugouts to enable them to fire at high elevation. I doubt there was any aiming just blast away on command as the planes flew above. I doubt that they ever hit anything or that it was a common practice...

Josiv_
06-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by CyC_AnD:
Clouds are porked, there is no overcast, just bigger clouds then old ones. There was overcast in beta, now we have about poor/blind wheater (and raining). Screens are from rain/snow setting, map from qmb, settings are maxed, TypeClouds=1 applied to [game] section.

thunder/storm setting clouds are only bigger/higher.

Yep exactly i was talking about this, no full clouds cover, raining from almost clear sky.

anarchy52
06-17-2005, 07:58 AM
P-38L Late was doing flat out level flight of 570 kmh, LaGG was 3.0+ behind me and NOT in a dive. Caught me in under 30 seconds.

That is just not possible. Sorry it just isn't. Even if it was s.66 LaGG it's max. speed is about 540km/h. Perhaps he was closer initially, or you failed to notice it dived on you and flew intercept course instead of chase. Only thing that could catch you in the situation you described is Me-163 or Me-262, but I doubt even those planes could do it in less then 30 secs.

As for pony stallng:
Did you try different stick settings? Adjusting the sensitivity curve did the trick for me.
Just out of curiosity how much fuel did you take in the Pony?

Takata_
06-17-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Eagle4_team:

I noticed the same bug: shooting on water, crashing into the sea, etc. the splash effect don't refresh for 5-10 sec here... that's a bad visual effect!
I don't know if it's config related or an overall bug... I'll check that later if I find something with my settings who can possibly remove that.

My video is an Nvidia 5900 running Forceware 71.89 drivers.

Takata

F19_Ob
06-17-2005, 08:43 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED">109's and many planes pulls out of maximumspeed dives to easy without flaps.</span>
Generally all planes seem to turn a bit too well since the new, gentler stall lets U keep the turn going for longer periods.

This perhaps cant be considered a bug, so the betatesters may have just forgotten to check dives.
I have a clean install of 4.01m over 3.04.
----------------------------------------

In a 109 I was diving on some bombers in QMB and noticed I could pull out of highspeed dives like nothing, without flaps enabled aswell as do hard sustained turns without combatflaps until I blacked out.
I have no problems with good turning ability in the 109's but the elevator was close to imovable close to 800km/h.
This is so in all descriptions by pilots I've read. Finnish, German, and the allies test of captured 109's.
The pilots who succeeded to pull out at these highest speeds that I read about had to use the elevator trim to slowly get out of the dive.
Ilmari Juutilainen the finnish ace and Heinz Knoke are two pilots who come to mind at the moment and the episodes are described in their books.

I had speedbar enabled so I could see the speed although I blacked out and the speedfigures are from that.The 109's I tested are following:

109e -could pull out hard without flaps at 760km/h (it breaks at 780km/h).

109G2 - could pull out hard without flaps at 880km/h and although I lost one elevator and both ailerons there was no trouble pulling out.
(U lose parts even if u dont pull the elevator)
No problems in 860km/h

109G6late- pulled out at 860kmh without problems.

109K4- pulled out at 900km/h and lost one elevator but still could turn.

--------------------------------------------
Just wanted to notify you.
Perhaps I should post it in the bugreport aswell?

Regards

IvanoBulo
06-17-2005, 09:00 AM
F19_Ob
In 4.01 ALL planes recover from dive much more easier. Try La-5FN for example - it recovers (easily) from the dive at 780km/h while the limit for this plane in RL was about 700...

VVS-Manuc
06-17-2005, 09:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anarchy52:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SgtWalt65:
Bet you get owned in a Spit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

P-38L Late was doing flat out level flight of 570 kmh, LaGG was 3.0+ behind me and NOT in a dive. Caught me in under 30 seconds. The Mustang at 375kmh, was tested by several in our squad last night and it does have a bad FM.
We also have a friend ( 355 MonroeQ ) who is a real life P-47 pilot from WW2 and even he says the flight models for the 47 and 51 are WAY off. Not even close to being realistic he says. BTW he retired from the Air Force in 1971 I believe. Flew P-47's, P-51's ( WW2 ), F-84's ( Korea ) and F-100's & and I think the F-105's ( Vietnam ).

Again the P-51 stall issue, READ MY STATEMENT. Happens at 375kmh with a very light pull back on the stick. We also noticed the tail seems lose all effectiveness at around 500+ and the Pony seems to go into a wild giration and sometimes it comes out, sometimes it doesnt. Either way, real pony and thud drivers have said this is not correct for either of these planes in real life. The ones who have real life hours in these planes over 2000 Hours each have told us, this is borked. Regardless of what Oleg and his so called proffesional consultants try and say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check your joystick settings! There is nothing to complain with the P-51!

Seems a big bunch of whining noobs entered ORR http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

People like you kill every serious flightsim with their whinings, if a plane doesn't behave the way they expected !

F19_Ob
06-17-2005, 09:50 AM
P11c still doesn't have any visual damage since the FB release. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
-------------------------------------------

J8 Gladiator seemingly lose it's wings in high G turns.
A mate asked the airforce museum here in sweden about that and they never heard J8's loosing wings due to G-forces.
Perhaps the sweds flew very carefully?? I don't know.

Would U mind check if it's correct?

thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

F19_Ob
06-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by IvanoBulo:
F19_Ob
In 4.01 ALL planes recover from dive much more easier. Try La-5FN for example - it recovers (easily) from the dive at 780km/h while the limit for this plane in RL was about 700...

I know mate but I mainly tested the 109. I didn't want to say anything about other planes I was unsure of.

Also the stalls and spins are gentler on most planes now and that enables u to turn quite alot harder, even without combat flaps.

Lets see what oleg and his team makes of it. We just report all things that seem out of place and can be tested by them.
I think CrazyIvan wants us to leave the comments out of this thread.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
regards

wifc-sixer
06-17-2005, 10:32 AM
<span class="ev_code_RED"> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif SO IS SOME ONE GOING TO FIX THIS STUFF OR ARE WE JUST GOING TO TALK ABOUT IT I STILL DO NOT HAVE A WORKING FULL GAME YOU KNOW THE ONE I PADE FOR. IS THARE A NUMER I CAN CALL OR WHAT SOME ONE HELP ME ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </span>

F19_Ob
06-17-2005, 11:07 AM
This is just an observation. I have no idea if the stalls or spins are correct or not but thought U might want to take a closer look at some of the below planes.
especially p51's

------------------------------------------
I need only 750m alt to recover from spin in the p51D.
The swedish airforce apparently needed atleast 1000m for a simple spin in their p51D's and sometimes 3000m for a harder one.
They also claimed a spin with full throttle was irreversable because it developed to a flatspin.
Full throttle spins in 4.01 is a walk in the park though.

-----------------------------------------

The reason for reporting is that some planes had vicious stall and spin-characteristics in 3.04m and now they dont have them anymore since the stalls and spins are gentler on all planes (?).
Generally all planes seem to turn a bit too well since the new, gentler stall lets U keep the turn going for longer periods.
This allows u to pull harder without combatflaps and there is no fear of losing control like before.
I switched between patch 304 and 401 to be sure I didn't remeber wrong.
I just wanted to make u aware of this if the changes wasn't on purpose.

I very much like the torque effect, but
tried to figure out why most planes in 4.01 are so easy to fly in dogfights.
I cant really say the turningability is changed(speaking generally) although the FM is new, but the stalls and spins seem much gentler and easier to recover from.
One doesen't need to be careful in the planes that had vicious snapstalls in 3.04.

In situations where it was likely to snapstall and/or spin in 3.04 planes now just have a gentle stall or make a couple of spinning motions but immediatly come out of it just by rolling or ruddering in the other direction.
The fully developed spins also feel quite easy to recover with a few exeptions.

I think the gentle stall and spin may be why for example the p38 is better now. It could make almost as good turns in 304 but then it had a snappy stall and spin if one wasn't careful, no risk of that now.
The same goes for P40, p39 and spits and p51d wich in 3.04 were quite dangerous in really slow speeds if one altered directions quickly.
------------------------------------------------

I just include a Spinrecovery-test from 3000m.

P39N1 seems hardest to recover from developed spins.
P51D no recovery needed, just throttle down.
P40- easy
P47- easy
spits- easy
Hurricane- easy
Yak1b -medium - hard.
yak7b -medium - hard
B-239 - easy
109e easy- medium
109G6 easy- easy medium
fw190 A5 - easy-medium
Ju87- medium
Fiats -easy
I.A.R. 81a medium-hard
p38j - easy
I-16 easy
IL-2 no recovery needed
LaGG3 medium-hard
La5 -easy-medium
mig3 -easy
F4F-3 - easy
corsairMK1 - easy
A20 - easy
Zeros- easy-medium
Ki43- esy
Ki61 -easy
Ki84-la Medium-hard

Others may think differently about the "easy-medium- hard" labels in this test. I just included that so U have a startingpoint if U find there is a need to check this out.

thanks

XE90
06-17-2005, 03:22 PM
~S~ 1st time user, great job on the 4.01 patch and good work on the new mustang MK111 . BH squad

A.K.Davis
06-17-2005, 03:28 PM
Daytime and cockpit light textures for Betty manifold pressure (I think) guages are not aligned.

crazyivan1970
06-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Danschnell:

In real life tanks fired at aircraft quiet often. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

F19_Orheim
06-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Damagemodel J8A
---------------------

During a dive with the J8A, the wing came off, and the same happened to many of my fellow Squadmembers. We have investigated this, talked with representatives from Airforce Museum Malmen Sweden, hosting the last survivng J8A and they have never heard of any kind of report about J8a's or any Gladiators that has lost their wing in such a manner, on the opposite, it was famous for it's sturdiness

Grey_Mouser67
06-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Came across something new and weird today...happend in a Spitfire MkVb and a Bf109G2 offline.

I was attacking dive bombers and in two cases my engine was hit...eventually it died and I noticed lots of torque still....I thought maybe my wing was damaged causeing loss of lift, but it would change...one time pulling left and another pulling right.

Couldn't tell if it happened as a result of speed, altitude change or rudder inputs but it definitely was there and not from battle damage.

Torque should neither be there nor should it pull different sides...i felt this in take off/landing. I have rudder on a knob now and sometimes i have to go the other direction ...the propeller did not change directions so I should never have to go past neutral?

I think it is a modelling bug at this point. By the way I have my yaw settings with 0 filtering and 0 deadband...I thought it might be a deadband issue and it is not.

AH_Raziel1978
06-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm having the same problem as Pteranodon.
P40 b and c start with no cockpit view and cannot enter one. No response from control inputs. Same problem with FM-2 he probably didn't notice yet. All other A/C appear to work fine. Anyone know a fix for this yet?

Cadet_Bobo
06-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Here's one I haven't heard yet. I can use the mouse to look around in the cockpit view and I can change positions in multi-seat planes, but I can't use the mouse or the joystick to look around or fire from the gunner positions. I could before. I'm on a new install , 3.04 to 4.01. Anyone else have this or is it just a controls issue? Thanks for your help.
Also, I tested the p40 B and C and the FM-2 for the cockpit weirdness you spoke about, no problems for me. They worked fine.
I'm using a GF6600 with 76.45 drivers

Bobo

A.K.Davis
06-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Cadet_Bobo:
Here's one I haven't heard yet. I can use the mouse to look around in the cockpit view and I can change positions in multi-seat planes, but I can't use the mouse to look around or fire from the gunner positions. I could before. I'm on a new install , 3.04 to 4.01. Anyone else have this or is it just a controls issue? Thanks for your help.

Bobo

Autopilot is turned on for gunners. Funny how someone reports this as a bug after every patch.

Cadet_Bobo
06-17-2005, 05:44 PM
I figured it was something like that. Sorry, I'm just not very smart http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Bobo

pdog1
06-17-2005, 07:45 PM
The rudder is too sensitive. LOL

hamselv2
06-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Very small bug:
During taking off in a Spitfire 9c LF (CW) from a CONCRETE runway tonight I noticed that my mirror was showing a GRASS runway.
I will send a ntrk file to 1C.
I am using NVIDIA ForceWare driver version 76.41 with an ASUS V8460 Ultra de Luxe (VIVO).

ImpStarDuece
06-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Hamselv2,

what level of detail did you set your mirrors to?

I ask because there are two different detail levels for the mirrors. One where you will see runways, individual trees and the like and one where the ground objects are minimised in an attempt to maximise framerates.

rednine
06-18-2005, 12:16 AM
I beleive 355th_monroeq should be listened too

hamselv2
06-18-2005, 04:46 AM
ImpStarDeuce,
I didn't know that mirror detail level can be changed, but I haven't manually changed any settings (except TypeCloud) after upgrading from 3.04 to 4.01.
How can I set/change mirror detail ?

SeaNorris
06-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Stupid Cr-42 default skin.

STUPID, no Italian markings just two numbers, now this is really daft http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

HerrLosse
06-18-2005, 05:43 AM
Rudder trim re-sets when rudder is operated?
Stick control too notchy, would like more analog feel(20 instead of 10 degrees of control per axis?) strange yawing and pitching in Bf110 as speed alters,why does it keep swinging like a pendulum?
rudder control is horrible in this aircraft, surely wrong
shadows in cockpit change with viewpoint, as if light were coming from my head instead of the sun
4.01 feels like a retrograde step, sorry

269GA-Pag
06-18-2005, 06:03 AM
Toggle mirrors:
press 1 = mirror on
press 2 = mirror low res
press 3 = mirror hi res
press 4 = mirror off...
at least so it's works for me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Pteranodon
06-18-2005, 08:54 AM
I posted already in this topic about the same problem i encounter with 4.01.
But i found also some other planes with the same problem.
I had only a look on the allied side.
The following planes dont give me access into cockpit view,only external and flyby.
Those planes dont react on x45.

FM-2
F6F-3
F6F-5
Hawk 81 A-2
Tomahawk MK.II A
Tomahawk MK.II B
P40 B
P40 C
SBD-3
SBD-5

I will look at the axis side some later on.

Pteradon

AviationArtist
06-18-2005, 10:52 AM
~S~ all!

Check out the "accidental" damage you can give to your own aircraft by manning the gunner positions on the multi-crew aircraft...

I set up a test using the QMB, everything on realistic except unlimited ammo & external views. This is a brief run-down of what I found:

IL-2M late series - cannot give yourself damage despite the fact you can hear the bullet strikes, but all other Il-2 types you can

SBD-3 & 5 - slice the tailfin & rudder off in less than 2 seconds, with the aircraft going out of control

G4M11 Betty - cannot give yourself damage, but again hear the bullet strikes

A20G - can plaster yourself with bullet holes, but nothing fatal

B25J - demolish the tail rapidly using the top turret. Side guns just seem to make holes but nothing fatal

He111H6 - side guns & top turret do damage, and take a lot to tear anything off, but the belly gunner can slice off the tailplane & elevators in a matter of seconds

Ju87 Stuka series - the B2 doesn't get damaged (still hear the bullet strikes), but the D3/5 and G1 you can slice your own rear fuselage off with continuous hits

D3A1 Val - destroy the rudder & tail fin in a split second, but it continues to fly.

Can something be done to even this up?

(I have tracks for all the above)

RED_BEAR8
06-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Pteranodon:
The following planes dont give me access into cockpit view,only external and flyby.

FM-2
F6F-3
F6F-5
Hawk 81 A-2
Tomahawk MK.II A
Tomahawk MK.II B
P40 B
P40 C
SBD-3
SBD-5

Pteradon

The same here including the f4f planes i dont know the axis planes.

Kwiatos
06-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by F19_Ob:
This is just an observation. I have no idea if the stalls or spins are correct or not but thought U might want to take a closer look at some of the below planes.

-----------------------------------------
The reason for reporting is that some planes had vicious stall and spin-characteristics in 3.04m and now they dont have them anymore since the stalls and spins are gentler on all planes (?).
This allows u to pull harder without combatflaps and there is no fear of losing control like before.
I switched between patch 304 and 401 to be sure I didn't remeber wrong.
I just wanted to make u aware of this if the changes wasn't on purpose.

I very much like the torque effect, but
tried to figure out why most planes in 4.01 are so easy to fly in dogfights.
I cant really say the turningability is changed(speaking generally) although the FM is new, but the stalls and spins seem much gentler and easier to recover from.
One doesen't need to be careful in the planes that had vicious snapstalls in 3.04.

In situations where it was likely to snapstall and/or spin in 3.04 planes now just have a gentle stall or make a couple of spinning motions but immediatly come out of it just by rolling or ruddering in the other direction.
The fully developed spins also feel quite easy to recover with a few exeptions.

I think the gentle stall and spin may be why for example the p38 is better now. It could make almost as good turns in 304 but then it had a snappy stall and spin if one wasn't careful, no risk of that now.
The same goes for P40, p39 and spits and p51d wich in 3.04 were quite dangerous in really slow speeds if one altered directions quickly.
------------------------------------------------

I just include a Spinrecovery-test from 3000m.

P39N1 seems hardest to recover from developed spins.
P51D no recovery needed, just throttle down.
P40- easy
P47- easy
spits- easy
Hurricane- easy
Yak1b -medium - hard.
yak7b -medium - hard
B-239 - easy
109e easy- medium
109G6 easy- easy medium
fw190 A5 - easy-medium
Ju87- medium
Fiats -easy
I.A.R. 81a medium-hard
p38j - easy
I-16 easy
IL-2 no recovery needed
LaGG3 medium-hard
La5 -easy-medium
mig3 -easy
F4F-3 - easy
corsairMK1 - easy
A20 - easy
Zeros- easy-medium
Ki43- esy
Ki61 -easy
Ki84-la Medium-hard

Others may think differently about the "easy-medium- hard" labels in this test. I just included that so U have a startingpoint if U find there is a need to check this out.

thanks

Good post F19_Ob

I have similar notes that there is something wrong with stall and spin behaviour of some planes in 4.01.

Some planes are too easy to recover from spin some are too hard. Some are impossible to make even dynamical stall.

A.K.Davis
06-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by RED_BEAR8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pteranodon:

FM-2
F6F-3
F6F-5
Hawk 81 A-2
Tomahawk MK.II A
Tomahawk MK.II B
P40 B
P40 C
SBD-3
SBD-5

Pteradon

The same here including the f4f planes i dont know the axis planes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y'all have screwed up your installations somehow, as it is clearly affecting only PF additions. Maybe patching merged version over standalone, or vice versa, or skipping one of the PF patches?

wifc-sixer
06-18-2005, 01:55 PM
I am writing this instead of just complaning.These are problems and not for debating purposes. Ihave much experience with game makingand 3d modeling.

1.KI 43 skin is still messed up.

2. for me the plane GM 11.... japaneae bober is not showing up at all.

3. the AI has a speed limit problem.planes can break the sound barrier whith no effect.

4 there is not enough gravity.

5 As you know , the faster the plane goes the stiffer the controls get,which makes terning easier,but chance of passing out or breaking apart increases. not evident in game any more.

6. The rudder has a popping back rubber band effect.

7. most planes recover from the stall themselves .as you know the worst thing about a hard stall is that it damegs the plane. that dose not happen in this game at all and the times you flat stall is crazy.
8. the 232 wheels do not tuch the ground.
and still no interior to the planes wings.

9. cant fly most of the pacific planes- can't get into the cockpit

10. when you pull up vertical,at the point where you shold stall the weight of the nose of the plane shold pull you toward the ground the plane hangs there for a split sec. and im not talkin about HOVERING the AEROBATIC MANEUVER.

10. The nose on the spitfier is not visible from the cockpit.

11. a lot of the planes still have a big gap inbetween the nose and the gun sight.

12 When firing rounds from the guns on the new spitfier and some of the other planes thare are no bullets inbetween the tracer rounds.

13 there is a bug of the buildings flashing. when blown- up and fro certain angles all the piecies of the buildings seem to be there.

14. trane stations at long distances still seem to be flickering and various other buildings. I have tried different drivers for my video cards and. I have tryed different cards to.

15. Some of the gauges, mainly the altimeter and the speed indicator are off on some planes.

16. damege modeling and effect of the damage is not translating into the flight model of some planes.

this is all i am reporting now still many items to be corrected. at this point i justwant a playable game. there are a lot more problems in the single player mode than there have ever been.

ps thare are about 15 other problems that im not even going to get in to.

so when is the pach for the pach comeing out

TSmoke
06-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Seems you have some issues, more than game related.

RED_BEAR8
06-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by A.K.Davis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RED_BEAR8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pteranodon:

FM-2
F6F-3
F6F-5
Hawk 81 A-2
Tomahawk MK.II A
Tomahawk MK.II B
P40 B
P40 C
SBD-3
SBD-5

Pteradon

The same here including the f4f planes i dont know the axis planes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Y'all have screwed up your installations somehow, as it is clearly affecting only PF additions. Maybe patching merged version over standalone, or vice versa, or skipping one of the PF patches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i was runnig 3.04 without any problems was ok, Patch applyed in the correct order here, i was thinking on a corruct d/l but not it is ok

plumps_
06-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by RED_BEAR8:
Well i was runnig 3.04 without any problems was ok, Patch applyed in the correct order here, i was thinking on a corruct d/l but not it is ok
What are the exact names of the patch files you've applied?

wifc-sixer
06-18-2005, 03:56 PM
EVER THING RAN OK UNTILL 4.01 STILL A LOT OF BUGS THOUGH. I IN STALLED AND RE INSTALLED THE GAME NO CHANGE HERE SAME BUGS SAME PROBLEMS ITS NOT LIKE IM A NEWBE TO COMPUTERS. THARE IS SOME THING WRONG WHITH THE PACH IF SOME ONE WOULD GET BACK TO ME THAT HAS WORKED ON THE GAME. MAY BE I COULD TELL YOU WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. BUT IT DOSE NOT SEEM TO BE A SIMPLE PROBLEM. AND IM NOT BIG ON TAKEING ADVICE FROM PEOPLE THAT DO NOT WORK FOR THE GAME OR UBI. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VVS-Manuc
06-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by wifc-sixer:
EVER THING RAN OK UNTILL 4.01 STILL A LOT OF BUGS THOUGH. I IN STALLED AND RE INSTALLED THE GAME NO CHANGE HERE SAME BUGS SAME PROBLEMS ITS NOT LIKE IM A NEWBE TO COMPUTERS. THARE IS SOME THING WRONG WHITH THE PACH IF SOME ONE WOULD GET BACK TO ME THAT HAS WORKED ON THE GAME. MAY BE I COULD TELL YOU WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. BUT IT DOSE NOT SEEM TO BE A SIMPLE PROBLEM. AND IM NOT BIG ON TAKEING ADVICE FROM PEOPLE THAT DO NOT WORK FOR THE GAME OR UBI. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I found the reason for your problems...your shift-key is broken http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

RED_BEAR8
06-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by plumps_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RED_BEAR8:
What are the exact names of the patch files you've applied? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do a fresh install any way but just in case i am doing something wrong this is it

IL2FB
AEP
PF
301m
301m to 303m
303m to 304m
304m to 401m

plumps_
06-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally postet by RED_BEAR8:
301m
301m to 303m
303m to 304m
304m to 401m

All you need for the merged install are these two patches:

- pf_303m.exe (100Mb) (http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/pacificfighters/pf_patch303m.exe.html)
- pf_v401m.exe (141 MB) (http://patches.ubi.com/pacific_fighters/pf_v401m.exe)

303m to 304m is redundant as all the files it contains will be overwritten by 4.01.

Gibbage1
06-19-2005, 12:56 AM
P-63 fuel guage is broken. It will stick one notch below 5, and then suddenly run out of fuel.

LeadSpitter_
06-19-2005, 01:44 AM
the triple 3-1 gauges bottom right on all us aircraft are that way gibbage they read as half or quarter fuel and wont change unless the ac is out of fuel.

For example the p51 back right gauge is the only one that works and you will see when its out of fuel the front bottom right gauge will drop to empty immediatly like the p-63s does.

GBOF
06-19-2005, 03:04 AM
on BF109 series:

The plane start a spin as soon as the propeller stop because a engine failure due to a over turn.
at high speed, try to activate the manual propitch and have the engine inoperable. as soon as the propeller stop the aircraft start rolling and is very difficult to control.
IMO it quite unrealistic. This happens even if the AC is very fast (say 600KMH).

S!

RED_BEAR8
06-19-2005, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally postet by RED_BEAR8:
301m
301m to 303m
303m to 304m
304m to 401m

- pf_303m.exe (100Mb) (http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/pacificfighters/pf_patch303m.exe.html)

303m to 304m is redundant as all the files it contains will be overwritten by 4.01. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh thx! i will try

Kwiatos
06-19-2005, 03:21 PM
According to these topic:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/1001015133

There is no accleration stall (causes by when too much elevator control is inputted too quickly) in planes with slots !!!

Planes which dont have these type of stall:

- Migs family ( mig3 1940 stall a little)
- Laggs from 35 series to 66 series
- La series from La5 to LA7
- I-185 series
- Bf 109 series

In 3.04 these planes have acceleration stall but in 4.01 it dissapered.

LT.INSTG8R
06-19-2005, 03:40 PM
A Sound bug to Report(tho I saw someone post this in another thread didnt see it here)
When flipping to gunners that have exterior postions i.e SBD,IL2,D3A1 anything with a gunnner exposed to the outside(wind) when flipping back to the Cockpit the Wind noises are still there,easily correctable in an AC with a openable Canopy(just open and close it) but not in say an IL2 or an A-20 or B-25 and gets rather frustrating on long flights having to listen to the wind whistling constantly.
Oddly tho I believe Oleg said in post the sound hadn't been touched and this is from the patch as I did a reinstall today to test it is not happening in 3.04

wifc-sixer
06-19-2005, 04:05 PM
OK, People,
This is the fix for the people that are having the Pacific planes that disappear and don't let you fly them. After installing the new patch 4.01m the problem for the patch stems from the 3.00m to 3.01M patch. The problem comes from corrupt files from some of the mirror sites in downloading. So what you are going to have to do is uninstall the entire game and reinstall it making sure that you use the correct patches. Do not install the 4.00 Beta Patch. On the UBI site the link the to the 3.00M to 3.01M does not work so you have to make sure that you download it and it is not corrupt. You will know it is corrupt after you install the 4.01M patch and you will know because of A. that some of the Pacific planes do not show up or you cannot fly them, B. the Betty Bomber does not show up or is not flyable, C. some of the clouds show up broken or flickering, and , D. the dot range of certain planes will flicker or not be visible.

Hope this helps. IF not you can email me @ wifc-sixer@hotmail.com and I can try to help you.

Good luck and have fun! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FI_Gen0sse
06-20-2005, 03:23 AM
Folks!

Just in case it´s been already mentioned forget the following lines, please!

- bomb sight view angle stops at 85?
- Japanese (dive) bomber crew speaks perfect German in dogfights
- underpowered sea aircrafts are not able to take off from not moving carriers. Don´t want to mention that the idea of loading any kind of bombs seems to be pretty senseless
- the trk recoring tool doesn´t seem to work properly. It shows absolutely wrong recordings (wrong flight path of own plane)

Finally, I´m still missing some planes like e.g. the Ju-88 or the B5N2 ...

Ty for your attention, folks! Keep up the work on this great game ...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S!

chn06
06-20-2005, 08:21 AM
SBD3/5 Mix Bug

http://bbs.dof.cn/uploads/post-16-1119276957.jpg

http://bbs.dof.cn/uploads/post-16-1119276974.jpg

ColoradoBBQ
06-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
the triple 3-1 gauges bottom right on all us aircraft are that way gibbage they read as half or quarter fuel and wont change unless the ac is out of fuel.

For example the p51 back right gauge is the only one that works and you will see when its out of fuel the front bottom right gauge will drop to empty immediatly like the p-63s does.

The 3-1 gauges does not report the amount of fuel in your tank, it only measures the amount of fuel going into the engine.

jurinko
06-20-2005, 08:45 AM
when switching to the rear gunner in Aichi Val and then back to the pilot view, there is still the wind sound present. Opening and closing the canopy removes it. Solution: the wind sound should be removed when switching from the rear gunner to the pilot.

SeaFireLIV
06-20-2005, 05:02 PM
IL2/FB/PF is an excellent sim and we really appreciate the hard work that`s gone into it. My request here is not out of a lack of appreciation, but just to see the sim work even better when flying with AI pilots offline and even on. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But please SEE this bug that`s been missed for a long time:

If flying with AI pilots and the leaders get killed this is what happens...

The remaining AI will join on players wing as he is now `field commander`. This is good.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/formoverfield.jpg

If the Player selects TAB he cannot order the AI wingman. See how the TAB will not allow orders. He should be able to command the AI woingmen being the next highest ranking officer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/sticky.jpg

This is especially hard when landing as the AI wingmen still stick too close! Abort! Abort!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/overshoots.jpg

As I slow down nervously, the 2 AI wingmen overshoot and ALMOST collide. In worst conditions they hit the ground or even the pilot player!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/nearcollision.jpg

Please, Oleg. It`s really a case of just programming the sim to activate the TAB when the AI leaders are killed, leaving the player Pilot as leader. Whenever the AI wingmen form on him after the battle the order TAB should become active.

Your sim is great and 4.01 is even better. Please find time just to correct this. Many thanx. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PE_Dojco
06-20-2005, 05:13 PM
FB+AEP+PF+patches
Athlon64 3000 1gb kingston ddr400 epox 9npaj GF fx6200 saitek x45.
after install of 4.01m all planes fly like the joy is not calibrated (go left or right depends of the plane exmp lagg3 go right la5fn go left).The joy is not the reason cause if not installed and play with keyboard the problem remains. If downgrade to 3.04m everything works properly.

Tater-SW-
06-20-2005, 05:25 PM
The Grummans still take aileron damage if looked at funny by the enemy.

Given the likelyhood of aileron damage in an F4F, I'd expect to find my library of PTO books as full of references to "the F4F's fragile construction" as they are full of "the zeke took a short burst and immediately caught on fire." Since I haven't read a single account of F4Fs being rendered uncontrollable after minor damage, much less that being the most typical damage recieved, I can only assume it's a bug. Maybe the aileron cable hit location is too big?

tater

Fred_77
06-20-2005, 07:06 PM
A quick report:

Getting no hit sounds from mg151 20mm on Audigy2.

AI needs more tweaking with the new FMs. Dogfighting against Ace AI results all too often in the AI lawndarting before taking ANY damage.

Planes still climb like a rocket while in the stall buffet, also easy to loop planes at really low speeds, ie below 250km/h.

Small but annoying bug, to me at least is the 350 km/h mark on VVS airspeed indicators is labelled as the 400 km/h mark.

S!
Fred.

RED_BEAR8
06-20-2005, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally postet by RED_BEAR8:
301m
301m to 303m
303m to 304m
304m to 401m

303m to 304m is redundant as all the files it contains will be overwritten by 4.01. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THX! the problem is solve now i have all the planes.

wifc-sixer is right is something to do with the 30m to 301m patch.

the problem i see now is this strog move back and for on the yaw axis

Fred_77
06-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Forgot to add:

The inclinometer on the I-153 reads backwards.

All IL's are missing rudder and aileron trim.

S!
Fred.

xTHRUDx
06-21-2005, 12:48 AM
further testing has shown that all float planes take damage if they skim the water faster than 100 mph.

if you dip a pontoon at 90 mph in the water no damage.
if you do dip one at 110 mph it will rip off/explode.

AviationArtist
06-21-2005, 03:24 AM
Radiator flap on both Seafire types does not move when cycling through it's settings.

Can't see nose of Spitfire Vc models while in cockpit view.

AI fly into ground far too often while dogfighting and on ground attack mission without being visibly damaged.

When you start a mission on the ground (offline), you get the sound of tyres screeching as if you've just landed, even though you're parked and engine off..

-----------------
Intel Pentium4 CPU 2.66GHz
768MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 OC, 256mb
C-Media Xear3D VIA 3059 Series Audio

luvimorga
06-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Betty : no sound for flaps up/ down;
B-25 : while on the ground, engines on, the aircraft bobs up and down (pitching). Reminded me of some FS 98 models that had the same problem.

I upgraded to 4.01m from 3.04m; the most noticeable change was in the yaw / pitch inertia and damping. I believe the Val should be more stable at low speeds, given its generous wing area. But it's just my opinion - no hard data, graphs, pilot accounts and such.I'm still having a lot of fun with the sim, despite my poor flying skills.

Luvi

AviationArtist
06-21-2005, 09:30 AM
A minor thing, but the turning circle for aircraft while taxiing is now very large in 401 compared to 304 - I don't know if this is a flight model thing, or if the power of the wheel brakes has been toned down. It now seems to be difficult to hold the brakes while giving a quick burst of power to turn an aircraft around sharply (pivoting around one main gear in either direction).

Cippacometa
06-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Mode: RAF Pilot Career, Singapore.
Piloting a Hurricane Mk.IIb

Shot a Betty in such a way that both her engines stopped running after few minutes.
Once this happened, the Betty crash landed, her wings detaching from the fuselage.
BUT: no wings = no fuel = no fire = no aircraft destruction = no kill!!!

As you can see, Betty's crew remained onboard forever and, as a consequence, I was not credited of the kill.

http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Cippacometa-Betty.jpg

Seriously, I suppose that an airplane in such condition should count as a kill!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
Or am I wrong? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ImpStarDuece
06-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by PE_Dojco:
FB+AEP+PF+patches
Athlon64 3000 1gb kingston ddr400 epox 9npaj GF fx6200 saitek x45.
after install of 4.01m all planes fly like the joy is not calibrated (go left or right depends of the plane exmp lagg3 go right la5fn go left).The joy is not the reason cause if not installed and play with keyboard the problem remains. If downgrade to 3.04m everything works properly.

Its called torque and its the effect of several forces such as asymmetrical airflow, rotational thrust and several others. Basically, ir you spin a big propeller in fron tof a plane very fast it makes a plane want to spin in that direction.

It's acutally a feature, not a bug.

SeaFireLIV
06-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Sometimes there`s so much mixed up rubbish (among the good stuff ) that`s not been properly thought out that I wonder if Oleg even bothers looking here anymore.

Well, does he?

S.taibanzai
06-22-2005, 03:24 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/3161004233
look here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

AviationArtist
06-22-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Sometimes there`s so much mixed up rubbish (among the good stuff ) that`s not been properly thought out that I wonder if Oleg even bothers looking here anymore.

Well, does he?

Do you mean what's written in the forums, or the discrepancies in the game that slip through?

This is no pop at anyone despite using the quote above, but perhaps something we should all consider - from the individual IL-2 fan right up to the top with the software campanies themselves.

I think one of the biggest problems in bug reporting is that we all have our own ideas and perception of how things should look or feel within the game itself.

I think we're all a little bit guilty of being spoilt for choice as far as all the rich detail goes within a sim like IL-2/FB/AEP/PF, and the same goes for taking descriptions & claims on their face value. The start of the majority of problems here is the word "REALISM".
Out of the confines of a computer, realism is just life as it happens around us, and how various objects both alive and inert interact. We see it, we feel it - we live it.

Realism built inside a computer - well, I guess you can have 1000 players with their machines, each setup to their own preference, and get 1000 different responses to any one event within the virtual world.

What probably makes things more confusing, is that there are often huge differences in the way something plays/performs from one update to the next in the name of realism, which are often just reported as "xxx tweaked" or "xxx adjusted to more realistic values/limits".

Until we start getting extremely detailed readme files with every patch, listing every last alteration and it's physical impact within the virtual world and how it compares with the previous version, people are going to question every last thing they find odd or out of place on the off-chance that maybe they have found a real problem thats been somehow overlooked before the patch was released.

Some of the items I've reported in this thread (like the accidental bomber gunner damage to your own aircraft for example) are what I've no doubt to be an error within the game. While others, like the power of the wheel brakes and the turning cirles of aircraft while taxiing are just details that either look/feel or perform different from 304 and before, but have no indication written anywhere that they now perform as they should to provide a more realistic experience.

If software companies & developers cannot afford to have a team of dedicated inhouse testers to check and double check everything and then correct it before an item is released to the public (I can appreciate the time & financial problems here make this largely unfeasible), and therefore rely on the users at home to provide the "bug reports", then they are going to get reports of problems of varying detail on all aspects of the game.

Yes, things will slip through the net and not be discovered until after the release, but unless we have a checklist of whats been "improved" in minute detail, many people may not be able to tell a bug from an improvement if they have nothing to go by other than how they remember it working in a previous version, and will still report it for the sake of the game and the community.

~S~ to you all! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

F19_Ob
06-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Small error with clouds and time of day.

The clouds shifts to nightclouds a bit too early. Especially noticaeable in wintermaps.
As U can see in the below screenshots Provided by Olli72 the clouds darken too early and therefore look strange against a daytime background, but very good when the background is correct.

Regards

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/f19_ob/kl_12.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/f19_ob/kl_15.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/f19_ob/kl_16.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/f19_ob/kl_19.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/f19_ob/kl_19_2.jpg

GBOF
06-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Engine off bug:

If switch off the engine the AC behave different FM. This is even if you are at 600km/h. The FM are wrong as far as this situation is concerned. U can't pull any degree. The AC should still present a proper FM with engine off if there is enough airspeed.

regards

No601_prangster
06-22-2005, 03:31 PM
He111 Ground handling.

The directional stability is very sensitive and when turning using brakes and rudder the aircraft will continue to turn rapidly even after the rudder has been returned to it's neutral position. The only way to stop a turn is to use opposite rudder and brakes. This behaviour is different to all the other aircraft I have tested in PF.

SgtWalt65
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by anarchy52:
P-38L Late was doing flat out level flight of 570 kmh, LaGG was 3.0+ behind me and NOT in a dive. Caught me in under 30 seconds.

That is just not possible. Sorry it just isn't. Even if it was s.66 LaGG it's max. speed is about 540km/h. Perhaps he was closer initially, or you failed to notice it dived on you and flew intercept course instead of chase. Only thing that could catch you in the situation you described is Me-163 or Me-262, but I doubt even those planes could do it in less then 30 secs.

As for pony stallng:
Did you try different stick settings? Adjusting the sensitivity curve did the trick for me.
Just out of curiosity how much fuel did you take in the Pony? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry its been so long since I responded to your question anarchy52. Been doing other things except playing il2 PF....lol. The fuel qt. I usually use is 50% although with the new fuel consuption rate in this game amkes you want to take more. Several pilots that flew in the Mustangs in WW2 told me they often flew 8+ hour missions starting off with that pain in the butt center internal unbalanced piece of **** 86 gallon tank. In this game with 100% fule and both drop tanks you want last 1 hour at most even with using very conservative throttle and fuel mixture settings.. Anyway. I had a body watching me from external on that P-38 vs LaGG-3 and he warned me about him. He saw him coming also. Straight from behind, no dive and flat caught me and was running balls to the wall with less than 1/4 tank left and no external stores. I just quit the server after that. Might have been a speed hack. I don't know what the hell was happening. My ping was 52 also.

SgtWalt65
06-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by rednine:
I beleive 355th_monroeq should be listened too

http://www.353rdfightergroup.com/Historic/MonroeQWilliams.htm

currently he is on just about every night after 9pm CST. He is with the 353rd VFG. He flew in the real 353rd FG in Europe during WW2. He has 1 confirmed air vistory. He was mostly ground support / close air support and attacking trains. So he flew mostly low level ops.

idonno
06-22-2005, 04:00 PM
I already posted this as it's own thread, but I meant to post it here, so here it is.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
Every time I fight the Ki-100, on line or off, it constantly vanishes from sight between distances of .99 km and .70 km. Not some of the time, but all of the time.

I don't use pad lock as I did to capture these screen shots, so it's quite a problem.

I have an ATI Radeon 9600. I had been using the Catalyst 5.5 drivers, but just updated to the 5.6 drivers.

http://www.geocities.com/idonno418/sky_70.jpg
In this screen shot the 100 disappeared from sight at .99 km and as you can see, it's absolutely not visible right up to .70 km.

http://www.geocities.com/idonno418/sky_69.jpg
POOF! There it is. It's not that the thing is blending into the background. It's not being drawn on the screen at all.

http://www.geocities.com/idonno418/69_water.jpg
Now you see it.

http://www.geocities.com/idonno418/70_water.jpg
You guessed it.

http://www.geocities.com/idonno418/ground_69.jpg
It doesn't matter whether the background is land, sea, or air...

http://www.geocities.com/idonno418/ground_70.jpg
... gone, and it will not be visible at all until 1 km.

SgtWalt65
06-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:

How could you possibly get away with disgracing the front of a Bf-109 G-10 with a picture of that loser in front of it...lol. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SeaFireLIV
06-22-2005, 04:51 PM
There`s a bug in DGEN. This is not really Oleg`s fault, but I cannot get onto SimHQ:

Basically, I was flying Berlin in the la7 early 1945 over Frankfurt an Der Oder. In this situation I accidentally nosed over my LA7 and had to bail on take off so I watched the rest of the mission.

P47s in invasion stripes(?) were attacking 109s trying to take off at the same time as when I bailed. The lead P47 disabled the lead 109 on take off. After this, every 109 simply crashed into it, the entire group being decimated.

Eventually I Escaped out and back to debrief. I hit Apply and I saw the red light of the HD accessing as DGEN worked out the results. This took a long while, perhaps 4 minutes.

Then nothing. I did to go make a cup of tea. I returned still nothing. The screen seemed to have frozen; it had now been about 10 minutes.

I was forced to press CTL-Alt_del and quit out. Task bar said that IL2/FB was not responding. I tried to take a screenshot, but of course it did not work.

When I restarted the next mission screen was blank. My whole career blown. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I have not seen this before in DGEN and it was more something that might happen in DCG.

Please can Starshoy fix this problem or someone in the Dev team get this message to him. Thankyou.

p.s BTW I have not installed DCG(by Lowengrin) or have had it installed since a fresh install with 4.01m.

H4wkw1nd
06-22-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't know if it's been reported yet, but the Me 163's performance has worsened in 4.0x. Both climb rate and speed have deteriorated drastically...

ThreeCrow
06-22-2005, 09:46 PM
AI SBDs slide off carrier deck at a 45 degree angle after landing. I seem to recall that this had been a problem at the incept of PF. I can't really sy if was fixed or not.

VW-IceFire
06-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Does the bug report e-mail folks prefer separate e-mails on separate issues or all in one e-mail?

VF-152_Rider
06-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Problem solved, CD drive was not reading all files..
Cheers, Rider...

F19_Olli72
06-23-2005, 11:53 AM
No hit sounds when your getting hit in the P11 & plz fix the visual damage model too.

potver
06-23-2005, 03:51 PM
When shooting some canonrounds into the ground the sky is flickering.( cat 5. ati x800)
Bf-109 take -off from concrete runways swings suddenly sharp left and doesn,t respond on rudder which on grassy fields doesn,t occur?!

bnvnd
06-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by F19_Ob:

The clouds shifts to nightclouds a bit too early. Especially noticaeable in wintermaps.

That's about right for winter time. During winter, days get shorter the further north you get.

FritzGryphon
06-24-2005, 12:44 AM
When Ohka tail is blown off, the engine continues to run. The fuselage walls are see-through; they should be double sided.

http://members.shaw.ca/evilgryphon3/ohka.jpg

Also, Ohka durability is far too great. The tail and wings consistantly survive in excess of 10 20mm shells without failure.

No control cable failures were observed. The rocket motor never takes damage either, despite filling the fuselage with bullets and shrapnel (you can see, even blowing the tail off does nothing to the motor). Fuel is never observed to leak, nor does it ever ignite or explode.

This is a problem consistant with the Bi-1 rocket plane. The engine cannot be damaged, fuel never leaks, and the structure takes an extraordinary number of hits to fail for such a tiny, light airframe.

The rocket planes should be very vulnerable, like the Me-163 is. Currently, Ohka and Bi-1 survivability exceeds even FW or P-47.

F19_Olli72
06-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by bnvnd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Ob:

That's about right for winter time. During winter, days get shorter the further north you get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ob and I are swedes, we know about winters. We have however never seen 'brown-violet fluff' as in the third pic. The rest of the pics looks ok.

A.K.Davis
06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/f19_ob/kl_16.jpg

Problem here is if you look from below cloud layer towards setting sun, the dark clouds look realistic. I'm afraid this may be an engine limititation, as there is no variance in cloud lighting depending on angle of sunlight (only time of day).

potver
06-24-2005, 11:30 AM
LANDING LIGHTS:
I can hardly see anything now!

Wrangerman50
06-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi Patched 4.01m, but not getting ciockpit view, any suggestions. many thanks

Chanel505
06-24-2005, 03:27 PM
My Joystick "Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner Force Feedback" is losing control and crash during a game and combat (only online) since 4.01. In 3.04 my stick works fine.

Speedfellow
06-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Just a quick one !!

In the SBD if you switch to reargunner position and then back you can still hear the sound of the wind as though you were still in the rear position until you open then close the canopy.

No biggy just sounds like a poorly fitting canopy lol

ClnlSandersLite
06-25-2005, 04:47 AM
Test Mission:

[MAIN]
MAP FinsGulf/load.ini
TIME 12.0
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1000.0
player gb0100
army 1
playerNum 3
[Wing]
gb0100
[gb0100]
Planes 4
Skill 0
Class air.SPITFIRE5B
Fuel 25
weapons default
[gb0100_Way]
TAKEOFF 312307.31 100919.93 0 0 &0
NORMFLY 298960.50 95054.82 1000.00 300.00 &0
LANDING 312307.31 100919.93 0 0 &0
[NStationary]
[Buildings]
[Bridge]
[House]

Steps:
1: Set to auto pilot.
2: Let mission run till you land.

Bug:
All AI spit Vbs will crash on landing (applying too much brakes). If the runway is clear, your plane will land sucessfully.

ClnlSandersLite
06-25-2005, 04:48 AM
The AI will attempt to pull dangerous maneuvers at low level. This will result in the AI crashing; with or without damage. Will post test mission soon.

VF-2_John_Banks
06-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Don't know if it has already been mentioned but since PF 4.00 i am getting a weird sound distortion in planes with a movable canopy.
Sometimes, the volumetric engine sound fades out in the forward view. It kicks back in once i have opened and closed the canopy again. No idea what is causing this. Oleg said in an email, that i might have setup the sound settings wrong or that i am using old sound drivers.

That can't be! I haven't changed anything in my setup. I am using the same sound settings i have been using since Il2. I am using all sound extensions, which always worked fine for me, but since version 4.00 i am getting this sound bug exclusively in planes with a movable canopy, as if the game can't really tell, if my canopy is closed or opened, so the volumetric front engine sound keeps fading in and out.

I has to be the sound engine, as all i did was installing the last patch.
Oh and i also noticed that sometimes the hit sounds are missing again, no matter what i am flying.

LEBillfish
06-25-2005, 11:00 AM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Ki-61 Issues:

As stated before, there are a number of issues incorrect with the Ki-61. All easy to fix, yet to get this excellent model right (which would be nice before we move on) the following changes need to be made.

All versions 1a/1b/1c (Ko, Otsu, Hei):
1. There should be no venturi on the left cowling (the black double cone item).
2. There should be Trim Tabs on All control surfaces...Currently missing from Ailerons and rudder.
3. Aileron trim should work (minor issue and cannot find schematics of cables..."yet")
4. Wooden fuel drop tanks much too large, and were often yellow in color.
5. Navigation lights too large (should be 1/3 that size) can be fixed by skinners.
6. It would be doubtful windscreen would "soot/oil up" like it does with an engine hit. Design of cowling and engine mounting would not allow it.

Ko & Otsu Exclusively:
7. Bomb/Fuel racks were a retro-fit, field mod, and should only be added if that item is selected.

Otsu & Hei Exclusively:
8. Tail wheel should retract yet not like on Ko with doors/covers which totally hides it. Would be like BF109's that pull the tail wheel up leaving from the axle and below exposed.
(Edited 07/06....On the Otsu & Hei the tail wheel was also "blocked down" meaning, it had a bar placed in the mechanism in the down position to keep it down. This bar was not placed on all, nor was it permanently fixed. What I don't know is if the hydraulic lines were severed which I doubt)

Hei Exclusively:
9. Should have a fire extinguisher system.

I'll email this off again to 1c.

Oh, as a P.S. to this....all of this info I can back up with numerous sources and photo's...However I doubt that is really needed as it is relatively clear the model was something of a "generic" amalgamation...Understandable, but would be nice to clean up if it can be now that time allows.</span>

SeaNorris
06-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Ohka Default pilot is a US one no matter what country selected:

http://www.flying-legends.net/php/downloads/photos_original/860389grab0001.jpg

AFSG_Jedi
06-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Bombbay doors won't close on G4M1 "Betty" no matter the loadout. They will only close on Default (empty) loadout. Anyone else notice this?

AviationArtist
06-26-2005, 12:12 PM
~S~ AFSG_Jedi!

IRL, the bomb bay doors on the Betty were actually fixed panels. They were removed by the groundcrew if an internal bombload was to be carried on a combat mission.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Cheers!

Tater-SW-
06-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Yep, that is a feature of the Betty, not a bug.

tater

AFSG_Jedi
06-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Ok.. cool... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif Thanks for rapid reponse. I knew there had to be a logical explanation.

Ciao

AviationArtist
06-26-2005, 01:38 PM
~S~

No problem! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Dexmeister
06-26-2005, 05:20 PM
If OLEG is reading this, I'd like to mention that after 4.01M the field of view is once again far too zoomed in on a Matrox Parhelia.

The most zoomed out field of view does not allow you to even nearly see all instruments, zoomed in gunsight view is far too zoomed in.

This has happened with previous versions here and there, figured I'd mention it since 4.01M has now made this sim unplayable for me again.

Thx

joeap
06-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Dexmeister:
If OLEG is reading this, I'd like to mention that after 4.01M the field of view is once again far too zoomed in on a Matrox Parhelia.

The most zoomed out field of view does not allow you to even nearly see all instruments, zoomed in gunsight view is far too zoomed in.

This has happened with previous versions here and there, figured I'd mention it since 4.01M has now made this sim unplayable for me again.

Thx

What is a matrox parhelia? Ohh just goggled it. Sorry to hear that.

NorrisMcWhirter
06-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi,

AI oddity shown up when testing hispano strength on TB3s. (Devastating, that Beau, to say the least).

Regardless, check out the AI second in from the right. As soon as he spawned he was barrel rolling and continued to do so until I bagged it.

http://www.brayllo.plus.com/PF/AIBug/1.jpg
http://www.brayllo.plus.com/PF/AIBug/2.jpg
http://www.brayllo.plus.com/PF/AIBug/3.jpg
http://www.brayllo.plus.com/PF/AIBug/4.jpg
http://www.brayllo.plus.com/PF/AIBug/5.jpg
http://www.brayllo.plus.com/PF/AIBug/6.jpg

This oddity was repeatable (in QMB with 4 Veteran TB3s)

Ta,
Norris

II JG2_Oesau
06-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by VF-2_John_Banks:
Don't know if it has already been mentioned but since PF 4.00 i am getting a weird sound distortion in planes with a movable canopy.
Sometimes, the volumetric engine sound fades out in the forward view. It kicks back in once i have opened and closed the canopy again. No idea what is causing this. Oleg said in an email, that i might have setup the sound settings wrong or that i am using old sound drivers.

That can't be! I haven't changed anything in my setup. I am using the same sound settings i have been using since Il2. I am using all sound extensions, which always worked fine for me, but since version 4.00 i am getting this sound bug exclusively in planes with a movable canopy, as if the game can't really tell, if my canopy is closed or opened, so the volumetric front engine sound keeps fading in and out.

I has to be the sound engine, as all i did was installing the last patch.
Oh and i also noticed that sometimes the hit sounds are missing again, no matter what i am flying.

I've noticed the same thing after 4.01. i've even installed a new sound card with the same results. I've also noticed that when you open the canopy the engine noise (and wind) drops off, close it again and everything gets louder.

VF-2_John_Banks
06-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Oesau. What you mean is not a bug but a feature. When you open the canopy the engine is supposed to become more silent, due to the wind sound. What i meant was that while the canopy is closed, the engine sound seems to fade out in the forward view....and that seems to have a direct lik to the volumetric sound extension.
Planes like the P-38 never have these sound bugs.

JV44Rall
06-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I was flying in War Clouds tonight and was chased by a couple of enemies into a cloud. I was going pretty fast - about 500 kp7h. When I reached the cloud, I went left, then right, then straight up and out of the top of the cloud. (It was a very large cloud.) Just as I emerged, a P38 right on my tail fired and took off my wing.

I asked the P38 driver how he followed me through the clouds and he said, what clouds? He saw me scissors and go straight up. Not a cloud anywhere in the vicinity. He was running perfect settings and I was on excellent. He asked the other pilot chasing me and that pilot didn't see any clouds either.

I've noticed this occuring with some frequency - you can't loose a boogie in the clouds.

Why are some players not seeing clouds? Is this a 4.01 issue?

JG53Frankyboy
06-29-2005, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by JV44Rall:
I was flying in War Clouds tonight and was chased by a couple of enemies into a cloud. I was going pretty fast - about 500 kp7h. When I reached the cloud, I went left, then right, then straight up and out of the top of the cloud. (It was a very large cloud.) Just as I emerged, a P38 right on my tail fired and took off my wing.

I asked the P38 driver how he followed me through the clouds and he said, what clouds? He saw me scissors and go straight up. Not a cloud anywhere in the vicinity. He was running perfect settings and I was on excellent. He asked the other pilot chasing me and that pilot didn't see any clouds either.

I've noticed this occuring with some frequency - you can't loose a boogie in the clouds.

this is an online issue since ages . there fore i never use clouds to escape, i dont trust them

han freak solo
06-29-2005, 08:44 AM
The AR-196 propellers don't spin in QMB. Maybe, in other parts of the game, too.

It's probably already been stated, though.

Hauptmann_Kuba
06-29-2005, 11:13 AM
Hello.
I'd like to report an autopilot bug.When my plane recives damage to its wing which will cause a big hole in it the autopilot cannot fly the plane correctly.It just makes strange manouvers and crashes to the ground.One more thing:the damage in wing is vast but i am still able to fly however like i sayed before the autopilot fails.

SlickStick
06-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JV44Rall:

this is an online issue since ages . there fore i never use clouds to escape, i dont trust them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If server is running NEW clouds with V4.01m, ALL see the same clouds, regardless of client conf.ini setting.

If server is running old clouds, then if one client is running new clouds and one client old clouds in their conf.ini, they will NOT see the same clouds or be able to use their cover the same way.

The client with the new clouds will think he's hiding, the other guy with old clouds will see him like he is in plain sight.

As my vid card is older (Ti4200 128MB), I keep NEW clouds OFF in my conf.ini and only have to see them when in a server that is running them. That way, just in case the server is using old clouds, I won't be at a disadvantage by having new clouds while others would not. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif