PDA

View Full Version : Seat adjustment

blakduk
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
For some reason my seat adjustment toggle is no longer working.
I have tried changing the toggle button to make sure it's not conflicting with another feature etc.
I have been flying the F4F Wildcat lately but for some reason it has stopped working. I have ensured the canopy is open when i've tried etc but it just refuses to work.
Does anyone have advice on what i might be missing?

DmdSeeker
01-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Are you in gunsight view?

blakduk
01-10-2006, 05:48 PM
DmdSeeker- no, it doesnt seem to matter what view i use.
I had been using wideview with the seat up for carrier landings. The wideview is working but the seat just wont move.

Jim57
01-10-2006, 06:13 PM
What did I miss? I don't see any "seat adjustment" in the control list. What is it exactly called? and under what heading in the list. OR, is this part of the newer patches, as I have not DL them yet. I am still at 3.0 version. IL2+ACES+PF I need to get to my brothers house because he has DSL and I don't.

Jim

blakduk
01-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Jim57:
What did I miss? I don't see any "seat adjustment" in the control list. What is it exactly called? and under what heading in the list. OR, is this part of the newer patches, as I have not DL them yet. I am still at 3.0 version. IL2+ACES+PF I need to get to my brothers house because he has DSL and I don't.

Jim

Jim- it's one of those features of PF that has to be mapped to the keyboard by the user.
Under your 'controls' menu scroll down to 'views'- the last one is 'seat position'. Map a keystroke for it and (the way it used to work for me) when you open the canopy you can press this key to give you a higher view position in the cockpit. It allows a better view over the nose. Not all AC have this feature but some like the F4F and F4U do.
It doesnt require patches and it gives you a better view especially when landing on carriers.

Tully__
01-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
Are you in gunsight view?

Originally posted by blakduk:
DmdSeeker- no, it doesnt seem to matter what view i use.
I had been using wideview with the seat up for carrier landings. The wideview is working but the seat just wont move.

Not Gunsight (aka Zoom, Del key) field of view setting, Gunsight (Shift-F1) toggle hunched over the gunsight setting. You have to sit back from the gunsight (Shift-F1) to reach the seat lever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

zoinksu52
01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
and as par usual you must figure on your own which planes have/have not this feature.

a6m2
sbd
f4f

any others?

blakduk
01-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Tully:
Not Gunsight (aka Zoom, Del key) field of view setting, Gunsight (Shift-F1) toggle hunched over the gunsight setting. You have to sit back from the gunsight (Shift-F1) to reach the seat lever

Ahah! It seems i posted my reply to DmdSeeker too quickly. I was still in Gunsight view without realising it- I'd recently remapped the view options to my hat switch.
Cheers for that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Tully__
01-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by zoinksu52:
and as par usual you must figure on your own which planes have/have not this feature.

a6m2
sbd
f4f

any others?
F4U (and Corsairs?)

zoinks_
01-10-2006, 09:22 PM
yep

a6m2
f4f
fm2
f4u

i think that's all of them. took off sbd.

Jim57
01-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for pointing that info out to me on where to look. I never looked for it on the "game" controls. When I posted above, I was refering to the controls quick reference card when I said it didn't show the "Toggle Seat". So, NOW I set it and now I have a seat adjustment! Really helps too! Thanks again!

Jim