PDA

View Full Version : PF for friends ... Help!

clayman_52
11-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Need your help guys,

I coaxed 4 friends into IL2 less than a year ago. Their all FS flyers from way back. Two bought PF over the weekend but haven't installed it after reading the forums.

I want to get this staright before I lead them down this path ...

If one wanted to you could install PF stand-alone ... test and tweak it while keeping AEP stable. Then uninstall PF and reinstall it as Add-on if they like. If PF on the other hand was a problem you could leave it Stand-alone and wait to see what happens when its patched ... and keep on flying AEP.

They have older systems that run AEP very stable, have older ATI cards, do not play online, and as I said their main fixation is MS Flightsim.

This should work right?

Thanks, clayman

clayman_52
11-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Need your help guys,

I coaxed 4 friends into IL2 less than a year ago. Their all FS flyers from way back. Two bought PF over the weekend but haven't installed it after reading the forums.

I want to get this staright before I lead them down this path ...

If one wanted to you could install PF stand-alone ... test and tweak it while keeping AEP stable. Then uninstall PF and reinstall it as Add-on if they like. If PF on the other hand was a problem you could leave it Stand-alone and wait to see what happens when its patched ... and keep on flying AEP.

They have older systems that run AEP very stable, have older ATI cards, do not play online, and as I said their main fixation is MS Flightsim.

This should work right?

Thanks, clayman

jamendt
11-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Go buy it and install it, I have a friend with a p4 1.4 with 256megs of ram and a 32meg geforce card his game runs great and smooth, of course he does not have all the eye candy on, but he is very happy we have been playing since Thursday night. go get it, the people having issues probably have issues with every game they play.

Athosd
11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
PF can be installed/uninstalled as a stand alone without effecting your AEP installation. When Installed as a stand alone the game's executable file is named PF.exe - if installed over the top of FB:AEP the executable retains the name il2fb.exe.
This means that any profiles for joystick config etc linked to the exe will stay valid for the new combined install.

I installed over the top of my FB:Aces and have had no problems - all my game config settings (key bindings, details etc) were retained. Didn't loose any skins either.
Though it is a good idea to backup the files containing your unique key bindings and skins.

Cheers

Athos

clayman_52
11-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks guys ...

I've had it insatlled as an ad-on to AEP since I got it last Thurs nite. I'm just tryiing to get the boneheads to load it. Their dragging their feet and I said ... "Hey, just load the d*** thing as a stand alone. It won't hurt AEP!"

They liked the idea ... but I wanted to be sure it DID NOT mess with any files in AEP before they did. Since I loaded it as an add-on ... I wouldn't know.

Great ... calling them now.

Thanks again, clayman