PDA

View Full Version : how do i rank up quick?

shadowlord2000
02-05-2007, 01:23 PM
is there a way to rank up quick??

Aj6627
02-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Play a lot.

Note: you might want some flame resistant armour because some idiots will almost assuredly come in and flame you.

PekingE
02-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Play coop terrorist hunt on Dante or LVU. 600 exp for about 10 minute worth of work, if you're careful.

maxx_death_4u
02-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Aj6627:
Play a lot.

Note: you might want some flame resistant armour because some idiots will almost assuredly come in and flame you.

LOL! It's true, very true.

zoompooky
02-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Actually, there's a profile-loading glitch that lets one profile get the rank of the other.

There was some guy here on the boards recently trying to sell the Elite rank for 10 bucks a pop.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Aj6627
02-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Who then negated his cheat by posting how to do it.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

zoompooky
02-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Also, be warned that apparently once you go to Elite - if you're not getting 40 kills every single game people will harass you and call you a booster.

StitchFC
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
which is silly because you CAN get to Elite without even winning technically.

Also you can win a lot just by being on the right team.

Rank is not necessarily a demonstration of skill - its more an indication of how much you play. Some skill involved sure - to get rank faster you need skill or skilled friends.

but consider this
a loss in a 20min attack/defend or retrieval game == 599 points.
or approximately 1800 pts per hour

675k points at 1800 pts per hour at 8hrs per day can be done in roughly 47 days.

this game has been out for months.

so yes - Elites can be non skilled through no fault of their own.

adio540
02-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by pekinge:
Play coop terrorist hunt on Dante or LVU. 600 exp for about 10 minute worth of work, if you're careful.

yea but can be 2:30 minutes of work because i played with these two guys and theres a way to beat it in about 2 or 3 minutes at LVU but its not always the same every time

maxx_death_4u
02-05-2007, 06:42 PM
10 bucks is too much to pay, did that guy work for Ubi? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

D---Fingers
02-05-2007, 06:47 PM
true, the only way to rank up quickly is by doing the t-hunt since it is not time-based. i've heard people doing this in 2 min.

otherwise, any other way of playing the game, you get the SAME AVERAGE POINTS regardless of game type, or length. which totally baffles me why people think that playing 20 min A&D or sharpshooter is "more points" then 10 min games.

BYOB Kenobi
02-06-2007, 12:31 PM
The longer you're "in game" and not in the lobby, the menus, the pec, etc the more points you get.

That means that you will rank up faster if you're playing 1 minute survival rounds all night long than if you play 2 20 minute sharpshooter rounds after spending 2 hours trying to find just the right room.

zoompooky
02-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Then of course there's the "overnight rubber band" method that you hear about all the time.

I heard one guy refer to an elite (that sucked) as a "Rubber Band Elite".

D---Fingers
02-06-2007, 04:34 PM
my point was actually that the points really dont matter.

just play the game normally, you'll probably enjoy it a lot more. at the end of the day you average the same amount of points playing normal as you would "camping the chopper". you'll rank up in time.

and then again there is endless LVU t-hunts, which i personally dont blame people for doing.... but then once you hit those high brass ranks, dont be surprised if youre still getting owned by new players and your teammates give you grief because of it.

and then yet again, who really cares right? play it hoever you want, rubber band, terrorist farming or normal... whatever suits your fancy. its your game.

but as for me personally the novelty of the PEC wore off by Master Sergeant. i dont really care anymore.

i would really love to make my own 3-tone black tiger stripe "stealth" camo, but with the harshly scrutinized prerequisite of being an elite with sudden supernatural killing ability, it really turns me off from ever ranking up that high.

DRAGAN00
02-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Well you could try playing the game, I've been playing since the game was released and I just hit lt. colonel, It may not be the best but at least I know I did it legit.

TexPis
02-07-2007, 05:02 AM
Who cares if people flame you because they think you skill doesn't justify your rank. Jealousy is a terrible thing. And it's probably fun knowing that it winds them up that you're the rank tht they want to be.

The only reason I want to hit elite (well the rank before that will do) is to wear the ballistic mask and the night vision goggles. Not because I want to impress some whiny kids.