PDA

View Full Version : Weakspot Mod - Where are the pics kept?

Realjambo
05-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Guys,

You'll be familiar with the weakspot mod? where the weakspots show up on the recognition manual?

Does anyone know where those pictures are kept within SH3 program files? I'm trying to memorise exactly where all the fuel bunkers and ammo stores etc. are on each type of enemy ship. Just wondered if someone here could say "Oh yeah, go into XYZ file and their all there"

Here's thanks for reading!

lecek
05-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Weak spots show up in the manual anyway.

If you have automatic targeting on, it will show up when you are abeam the target +/- 15 degrees and less then 1000 meters depending on vis.

Other then that sorry I don't know where they are in the game files. But you can make them if you want.

I made most of them on the community manual (All the merchents: here! (http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Ship_Weak_Spots#Merchants) ) even though I play full realism. What I did was make a single mission with the ship just moving at like 5 knots and changed the difficulty for just that mission. I took a screenshot when they showed up.

bunkerratt
05-12-2006, 09:38 AM
you could also install the full vuln mod or jonz improved req manual

Realjambo
05-12-2006, 04:40 PM
I already have the mods, thanks BR, perhaps I didn't explain myself properly.

I'd be interested to know where those recognition manual weak spot images are within the SH3 program file directory so I can view them and try to memorise where the weakspots are when enemy ships are not at the ideal 90 degree 'beam' on angle so I can take a near as dammit shot when I don't get the automatic weak spot option.

Example: From experience, I know that, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif without the weakspot showing, on a liner if you aim for the most rearward life boat you'll probably hit a weakspot - that one i've trained to memory. I'd like to adopt that method for other targets too.

bunkerratt
05-13-2006, 12:53 AM
ahh..ok...i just looked at lecek's post and i belive thats what your looking for ?.