PDA

View Full Version : Warclouds Admin / Anyone - bomb crater ground kills?

AWL_Spinner
01-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Sooooo,

Had my first session on the "new" Warclouds last night. Didn't die, which was nice.

First time up in a Gustav cruising around at medium altitude looking for some action, got into a tangle with a couple of enemy - stupidly I was expecting icons-on-friendlies-only, having not read the rules, and thus was momentarily unsure whether to fire on this labelled P38 looming in my sights. Opportunity lost, he holed my tanks and I made a high speed diving escape with a Ta152 clearing my tail. Like a coward afraid of the deathkick I ran back to base with my tail between my legs to pick up a new machine.

On landing, the airfield was strafed by a kamikaze B25 who had no such deathkick qualms and, though he set my parked machine alight (I quickly jumped out), soon crashed after lots of AAA attention.

Second time up I though I'd try a bomb run. Loaded up the Heinkel with those two massive bombs, 2xSC2000 (?) and lumbered up into the sky. After a scenic sightseeing tour to gain altitude, and realising that I really couldn't get this overloaded crate up beyond about 3,500m without taking all night, I headed round to the nearest enemy base, approaching from what I hoped would be an undefended side. Sure enough, no fighter attention, which surprised me as everyone seemed to be up on high and I must have been a sitting duck. Anyway, bombs gone and run for home getting torn to pieces by Flak.

The bombs impacted, 2x AAA destroyed. Now about thirty seconds later, I got an "enemy aircraft destroyed" notice. Not in the initial blast - so I'm wondering if someone nosed into my bomb craters which were at the end of the runway. Alas, I wasn't recording a track.

Anyone know if these register online? I didn't get a "you killed so-and-so" message so I'm guessing not, I'm just curious as to whether that was what happened.

Made it back to base with one engine out, still alive after.... 2.... missions.

Oh, and do I have to register somewhere to appear on the Warclouds stats pages or do they just update automatically?

AWL_Spinner
01-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Sooooo,

Had my first session on the "new" Warclouds last night. Didn't die, which was nice.

First time up in a Gustav cruising around at medium altitude looking for some action, got into a tangle with a couple of enemy - stupidly I was expecting icons-on-friendlies-only, having not read the rules, and thus was momentarily unsure whether to fire on this labelled P38 looming in my sights. Opportunity lost, he holed my tanks and I made a high speed diving escape with a Ta152 clearing my tail. Like a coward afraid of the deathkick I ran back to base with my tail between my legs to pick up a new machine.

On landing, the airfield was strafed by a kamikaze B25 who had no such deathkick qualms and, though he set my parked machine alight (I quickly jumped out), soon crashed after lots of AAA attention.

Second time up I though I'd try a bomb run. Loaded up the Heinkel with those two massive bombs, 2xSC2000 (?) and lumbered up into the sky. After a scenic sightseeing tour to gain altitude, and realising that I really couldn't get this overloaded crate up beyond about 3,500m without taking all night, I headed round to the nearest enemy base, approaching from what I hoped would be an undefended side. Sure enough, no fighter attention, which surprised me as everyone seemed to be up on high and I must have been a sitting duck. Anyway, bombs gone and run for home getting torn to pieces by Flak.

The bombs impacted, 2x AAA destroyed. Now about thirty seconds later, I got an "enemy aircraft destroyed" notice. Not in the initial blast - so I'm wondering if someone nosed into my bomb craters which were at the end of the runway. Alas, I wasn't recording a track.

Anyone know if these register online? I didn't get a "you killed so-and-so" message so I'm guessing not, I'm just curious as to whether that was what happened.

Made it back to base with one engine out, still alive after.... 2.... missions.

Oh, and do I have to register somewhere to appear on the Warclouds stats pages or do they just update automatically?

Bull-Dog.
01-27-2005, 03:58 AM
I started my engine then spotted a plane swooping down on me. I was then back at HL looking for another server.

WOLFMondo
01-27-2005, 04:05 AM
I think the bomb craters only last for short space of time but they are possible. Either that or you damaged a plane yet it still took off, flew and crashed and you got the kill because of the damage you did initially to it.

Im not so bothered about the 1 death kick apart from the time I did get kicked was after a massive freeze up and when it came back i'd hit the ground. That did annoy me.