PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a patch

Maj_Catastrophe
09-01-2005, 05:35 PM
I am downloading Pacific Fighters now as I type this. Do I need a patch for the downloaded version?

Eraser_tr
09-01-2005, 06:29 PM
ummm....there is no downloaded version if you mean the full game. Moderators!

Maj_Catastrophe
09-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Yes there is:

http://www.direct2drive.com/248/product/Buy-Pacific-Fighters-Download

please be sure of what you are accusing people of before going off on a tangeant

Just when you thought you knew it all

The question still stands

steve_v
09-01-2005, 07:31 PM
As far as I know, the d/l is version 3.0. See http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/5581083643 for correct patching. There has been some difficulties in the past with patching in the d/l versions of FB with some work arounds.

Bearcat99
09-01-2005, 07:51 PM
So to answer your question yes you will need a patch and if you donthave Forgotten Battles and The Aces Expansion Pack.. or Forgotten Battles GOLD which is both of them you are missing out.
If you DO NOT have the above mentioned sims then patch 3.03 and 4.01. If you DO have the above mentioned sims then patch 3.03m and 4.01m... (The m stands for merged).

Maj_Catastrophe
09-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Great ...Thanks!

Nimits
09-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Well, the site says its 4.01 (newest version), whatever that's worth . . .

Skycat_2
09-01-2005, 09:53 PM
I think Bearcat99 is working on commission ...

Take another look at the download page for your version of PF -- it says it is the stand-alone version of the game. Stand-alone installs to a different folder on your harddrive than the merged version does (both versions are included on the CD-ROMs for PF) so you won't be able to install your PF to the FB+AEP combo anyhow.

The download says it is v4.01 and that is the most current version. I suspect that this site is not really "Ubi Soft sanctioned" but rather an independant company making their business by offering the game for sale via internet. I could be wrong however.

Maj_Catastrophe
09-02-2005, 06:15 AM
Sigh.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif..I suspect that some in the forum here are not happy that I "downloaded" a UBIsoft product. I paid for you know although I am not about to publish details of a financial transaction online, just take my word for it. Incidentally I already own Sturmovik,Forgotten Battles, Battle over Europe,and the Ace expansion pack ALL ON CD!!!! Look at when I registered (right after xmas I got them on sale) and check past post regarding these fine games. This will be the last post for me this thread. There is a forum at the "other" site that may offer support if I need it without all this doubt being cast around whether I should have this game or not....later

Skycat_2
09-02-2005, 06:48 AM
I, for one, wasn't accusing you of piracy. The price of the download is clearly advertised on the page you linked. I was merely speculating that the download version is offered through an enterprising vendor who appears to keep that download up to the most current version of the game. For all I know that vendor has a license from Ubi Soft to offer this e-product; who am I to accuse that vendor of offering an illegal copy of the game without knowing the full details?

For what it is worth the CD-ROM version is the same price in most stores in the U.S. (Wal-Mart being a specific example) as your download was and it comes with the 'merged' install option on the discs. Your download version represents the other option from the discs but it can only be played in stand-alone form. You only got half of what you could have for the $$$, plus now you're limited to 'stand-alone' PF servers if you play online. That's all I was saying.