PDA

View Full Version : medici a templar !??

nitres15
02-24-2010, 12:22 PM
why is there a templar cross on the door in a templar lair

Abeonis
02-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Because it's a Templar Lair special mission entrance.

SWJS
02-24-2010, 12:45 PM
It's like a templar calling card. Their way of saying "The Templars Were Here" or "Hey Templars, you need to be here."

JoeNoSay
02-24-2010, 09:13 PM
In my personal opinnion I don't think Medici being a Templar is much of a stretch. When the Medici returned Machiavelli was tortured and banished from Florence. Can the writers of the next AC flip this into a Templar thing, possibly. One thing I found a bit odd was the fact that the Duke Of Milan wore a ring that appeared to bear a Templar Cross. The Duke's killer happens to kiss this same ring prior to stabbing him.

AgentValentine
02-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by JoeNoSay:
In my personal opinnion I don't think Medici being a Templar is much of a stretch. When the Medici returned Machiavelli was tortured and banished from Florence. Can the writers of the next AC flip this into a Templar thing, possibly. One thing I found a bit odd was the fact that the Duke Of Milan wore a ring that appeared to bear a Templar Cross. The Duke's killer happens to kiss this same ring prior to stabbing him.

They tortured and banished Machiavelli because he advised their father, Lorenzo, to rule with an iron fist.

Lorenzo de' Medici was not a templar. He loved the arts, and defined the Italian Renaissance. He was just a flawed human being. Florentines still love him to this very day.

JoeNoSay
02-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Whether or not Lorenzo was a Templar in real life is of no consequence. I was speaking in regards to the possibilty of Ubisoft using Machiavelli's banishment from Florence as a Templar scheme hatched by the Medici. The Duke Of Milan's Templar Ring, Lorenzo's Templar treasure chest, the fact that Lorenzo had to ok the execution of Ezio's male family members, compounded with Machiavelli's eventual banishment from Florence leaves much room for a fictional Templar scheme for writers to go with.

dorido
02-25-2010, 09:38 AM
they could be a splinter group of templars that didnt want to follow borgia like al mualin did. if this was true it would mirror the two games as they were former templar leaders who had assassins working for them (giovanni and altair)