PDA

View Full Version : Don't tell me to hurry up!

GAOStarr
01-23-2011, 01:15 AM
I have to rant really quick.

I hate it when you're waiting for a session to start, and you still see the screen that says 6/6 with the picture of the stage.

Then, someone on a mic says, "Come on dude, choose your character. Hurry up, gawd! Just pick your Doctor already, what are you doing? Let's go, hurry up!"

Look n00b, my screen is obviously still loading, and I have clearly not been given the ability to choose a character. The moment you enter that screen, you have 5 seconds to choose a persona before the system chooses one for you.

If I were ABLE to choose my character and "hurry up" like you suggest, then you wouldn't be whining for more than 5 seconds.

And if I choose my character and then stop, I have obviously been temporarily frozen on my Profile List screen. How can you tell? Because if it was ME and NOT the game, we would get going in... yes, 5 more seconds. If we're sitting there for 2 minutes waiting on one guy, it isn't the guy, it's the game! It's not his fault.

I could tell my game to search for a match and then walk out of the room. If it finds a match, it will wait 5 seconds, pick a character, wait 5 more seconds, and then pick a persona. I know your game does it too because we are both playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. So what in your head makes you think I am sitting there and purposefully stalling us for 2 minutes?

If you politely ask me to leave the match (that it took me a few minutes to find) so that you guys can play without me or find another player to replace me, I will gladly sacrifice my game time so I don't hold up the rest of the room. But if you're going to blame me for the slow session loading time because my emblem is the only one that hasn't filled itself in yet, you can taste my poison.

nightpriestess
01-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Lol wtf, I would have thought that people are 100% aware of the crap matchmaking and long loading times. I've never encountered someone acting impatient (with a mic at least)

GAOStarr
01-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Man, really? I'm on the PS3 and it happens to me 50% of the time it's slow to load.

I don't get stuck with the 6/6 or 7/7 too much anymore, but half of the time that I do, someone with a mic will say, "Go already! Come on GAYOStarr, guysostar, whatever your name is, what are you waiting for?"

fugazi787
01-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Lets face it. Stupid people are annoying. And unfortunately going online gives these stupid people the ability to be anonymous a--holes.

Stupid anonymous a--holes coupled with horrible American beer = ******bag.

Stun and stun often.

nightpriestess
01-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by GAOStarr:
Man, really? I'm on the PS3 and it happens to me 50% of the time it's slow to load.

I don't get stuck with the 6/6 or 7/7 too much anymore, but half of the time that I do, someone with a mic will say, "Go already! Come on GAYOStarr, guysostar, whatever your name is, what are you waiting for?"

Well I play on the 360 and I hear the load times for the Xbox is a lot slower than the PS3, so that might be why I've never experienced it. Plus rarely anyone ever has a mic when playing this game.

GAOStarr
01-23-2011, 01:50 AM
@ fugazi787 Haha, so true. What makes it even worse is when it's a little kid (little enough that even if it's a boy, it still sounds like a little girl). I hate to sound mean, but it seriously sucks to get an anti-pep talk right before a match from some little young one (who literally made airplane noises during his escapes) because he doesn't understand the menu and loading mechanics.

@ nightpriestess Ya, that's probably what it is, then.

IncognitoFerret
01-23-2011, 03:50 AM
have you installed the game to your xbox / ps3? It sped up the lobby load times for me significantly (360 user)

RoboEssk
01-23-2011, 04:21 AM
Gah, I've had this too. Had already picked my persona & profile and while waiting for others to join I was browsing though my challenges to see if any were close to completion, when I hear this pre-pubescent say "would you pleeeeeeasse just get on with it?" in an obviously very bored tone. I went back to the lobby so I could make a note of this little twerp's tag and single him/her out for smokey poison focus goodness.

@Darthspitfire, thanks for the tip, I'm just installing to the HD now, I'll see if it makes a difference :-)

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 05:54 AM
I'm on the PS3, and I've only heard this once - directed at another player in a Wanted match.

And another player told him he was an idiot because the player didn't have a character pic next to his name, so clearly wasn't at the character select screen.

Weird that you see it a lot...

Fitzy010
01-23-2011, 07:46 AM
I never encounter people with mics.
D:

GAOStarr
01-23-2011, 01:14 PM
@ darthspitfire What do you mean by "install it to your system?" I bought the game, shoved it in my system and started playing. lol

I play on the PS3 and I do have Updates 1.0 and 2.0 downloaded and installed.

Is there something else I can do to speed this up? Please enlighten me! Save me from my PS3's tardiness!

nightpriestess
01-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by GAOStarr:
@ darthspitfire What do you mean by "install it to your system?" I bought the game, shoved it in my system and started playing. lol

I play on the PS3 and I do have Updates 1.0 and 2.0 downloaded and installed.

Is there something else I can do to speed this up? Please enlighten me! Save me from my PS3's tardiness!

I don't know about the PS3, but on the 360, you can install games you bought into your system. You still have to put the disc in but it helps with the load times for games. Funny, I never thought to do it with ACB when I've already done it with L4D1/2 *facepalm*

And another player told him he was an idiot because the player didn't have a character pic next to his name, so clearly wasn't at the character select screen.

Haha, I thought I was the only one to notice this. Nice to know there are other observant people out there!

DaVe_RoCk_
01-23-2011, 01:33 PM
OHHH right, one time i was in the lobby with all the people (6) ready to play but then you joined! and took about literally 3 min to start barely entering the lobby every one left and i was like WTF why he taking so long to enter then i quit xDD

I really dont know about this kind of things but wouldnt it be something about your connection? cus i as well sometimes have problem with it and then its starts lagging and all of that... maybe its your connection but i really dunno http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nightpriestess
01-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Angeal29:
OHHH right, one time i was in the lobby with all the people (6) ready to play but then you joined! and took about literally 3 min to start barely entering the lobby every one left and i was like WTF why he taking so long to enter then i quit xDD

I really dont know about this kind of things but wouldnt it be something about your connection? cus i as well sometimes have problem with it and then its starts lagging and all of that... maybe its your connection but i really dunno http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Are you talking to me or the OP? Well, my NAT connection is moderate so that might be was it can take a while for me to enter. But I dunno, sometimes I can load into a game very quickly, and other times it takes a loooong time. Maybe it depends on the connections of the other players as well? So yeah, player's NAT can be one reason why long loading occurs.

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by nightpriestess:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Angeal29:

Are you talking to me or the OP? Well, my NAT connection is moderate so that might be was it can take a while for me to enter. But I dunno, sometimes I can load into a game very quickly, and other times it takes a loooong time. Maybe it depends on the connections of the other players as well? So yeah, player's NAT can be one reason why long loading occurs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you're on moderate NAT, and other players in the match are also on Moderate NAT, but with different settings, that can sometimes totally prevent the match from starting until one of you quits, or slow down the beginning of the match significantly.

Not saying it's necessarily the cause, but it's probably part of the problem at least some of the time.