PDA

View Full Version : Graphic settings?

WESB1
10-21-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm running this computer: ATI Radon 9800 Pro, 1 gig memory and AMD XP 2400+ CPU.

What level graphic settings should I be using? On some of the missions I get a lot of jerky animation and transition when there are several a/c involved. I would think that computer combination would run this game great.
Any help would be appreciated.

-HH-Quazi
10-21-2005, 09:14 PM
You are more cpu limited than what you might think. This sim is super cpu dependent. But, still yet, you should be able to run in Excellent Landscape at 2X AA and 4X AF fairly decent m8. There is a sticky in the GD forum called IL2 Setup Explained. Read through it and get your IL2 Setup configured for smoother gameplay. I would suggest bilinear Texture Mipmap Filter and S3TC for Compression. You could test Trilinear Texture MipMap Filter to see if you still run pretty smooth. It will help graphic for the IQ.

Also, if you are running onboard sound, then an Audigy 2 sound card would be helpful because it has its own APU and relieves the cpu from having to render onboard sound. The cycles this frees up could then be used for running the game. I know this really helps my 3.06GHz Dell and actually increases frame rates about 5 to 8 fps across the board in missions. This alone shows how cpu intensive this sim is.

If these suggestions don't benefit you any, consider posting your dxdiag in the Help forum along with stating what you are looking to do, or that you are looking to increase smoother gameplay, and let those m8s check your dxdiag and maybe put you on to some tweaks you may try.

FoolTrottel
10-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Quazi, that sticky has unfortunately lost its glue... IL2 Setup explained by Covino (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/6651075613/p/1)

Have fun!