PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the new 4.04m patch??

mortoma
02-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I have not seen even one post on it yet. Do any of you even know its out yet?? Contains some fixes and Oleg forgot to mention in the Readme that he fixed the JU-88 flap retract bug. It was retacting at too low of an airspeed in 4.03m

lbhskier37
02-23-2006, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if this patch fixed the level stabilizer on the JU? Before it caused you to lose altitude. I can't really test because my joystick is out of commision for the next two weeks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

danjama
02-23-2006, 06:01 PM
its out, idont think anyhting different than i thought of 4.03, whatever changes there were dont affect me

DangerForward
02-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by lbhskier37:
Does anyone know if this patch fixed the level stabilizer on the JU? Before it caused you to lose altitude. I can't really test because my joystick is out of commision for the next two weeks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Use elevator trim to fix that...

EDCF_Rama
02-23-2006, 06:19 PM
FM have changed...
... and probably not in the right direction.

mortoma
02-23-2006, 06:32 PM
I haven't noticed any FM changes. Oleg has always mentioned changes in FM in the past readmes. I think it's possibly your imagination?? No offense intended by that, it's common for people to imagine changes in patches that simply are not there. I have seen it happen too many times over the years in this forum and also at SimHQ.

mortoma
02-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by danjama:
its out, idont think anyhting different than i thought of 4.03, whatever changes there were dont affect me Sure affects me!! The mosquito was unflyable as ground attack before, since it was way, way too vulnerable to Flak. Also I started a JU-88 campaign and it's nicer now that the flaps don't retract so soon after takeoff. This also caused the AI to crash after takeoff in some cases.

lbhskier37
02-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DangerForward:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lbhskier37:

Use elevator trim to fix that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can make it work that way, but it requires full up trim, then when you disengage the stabilizer your nose jumps way up because you have full up trim. If your plane is already trimmed level, you shouldn't need to trim up further once you engage level stab.

gates123
02-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Rudder and yaw stability has increased ALOT. Occilations have decreased and gunnery accuracy is way up. Stomp on the rudder and you'll notice a big difference.

Arm_slinger
02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Indeed, the wobbles are alot less now, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Doug_Thompson
02-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by gates123:
Rudder and yaw stability has increased ALOT. Occilations have decreased and gunnery accuracy is way up. Stomp on the rudder and you'll notice a big difference.

Ditto

=============

RAIDEN is improved. Overheats quickly at low altitude, but handles better now.

JAPANESE are big winners in the improved shooting and rudder response. They can turn inside the big Americans and get a stable shot now. Also, you hit a Grumman now and pieces will actually fly off of it.

HarlockGN
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
It sure did solve the black water issue (and improve the water from previous DLL's) for my ATI, and this is indeed something very nice...

They said they changed some of the formation behavioir of bombers, and if this means they don't crash into each other anymore that's great.
Now i only wish they made AI torpedo bombers a little less aerobatic pilots/kamikaze wannabe and a little more steady in approaching and hitting the target...

VT-51_Razor
02-24-2006, 05:43 AM
I can make it work that way, but it requires full up trim, then when you disengage the stabilizer your nose jumps way up because you have full up trim. If your plane is already trimmed level, you shouldn't need to trim up further once you engage level stab.

If you trim the plane up so that it is flying level hands off, it should do OK with the Level Stab. If not, use a notch of flaps. This works very well with both the He-111 and B-25.

sukebeboy
02-24-2006, 07:11 AM
My FPS rate took a big hit with this latest patch, especially with water or with strafing and explosions. I'm currently messing around with different dll files, AA and AS settings and Cat drivers, but so far, I'm still averaging about 155 less than what I had overall and seeing huge drops (down to 10-15 fps when before I was around 35-40) over water or when strafing with cannon.

J_Anonymous
02-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Doug_Thompson:
RAIDEN is improved. Overheats quickly at low altitude, but handles better now.

JAPANESE are big winners in the improved shooting and rudder response. They can turn inside the big Americans and get a stable shot now. Also, you hit a Grumman now and pieces will actually fly off of it.
The first thing I did after 4.04m installation was testing J2M3 Raiden with cockpit off. I felt the plane was lighter, and thought I had chosen a wrong plane. In the end, I managed to convince myself it was just placebo effects. Hmmm, I guess you also felt Raiden's response changed somewhat? Whether it's placebo or not, I am happy with Raiden any way.... The first Japanese ride that can take some damage. I have noticed, however, that with precisely aimed burst of 0.50" by expert P-47 pilots, my Raiden (which also means Thunderbolt in Japanese, by the way) can still evapolate in a split second (it happened...)

VW-IceFire
02-24-2006, 03:02 PM
The 4.04m patch is probably the best so far ontop of 4.03m and 4.01m releases (4.02 is absent from my list). I think we've got some very valuable fixes made that have increased the games enjoyment for me.

So far anyways!

Step in the right direction!

Dash_8
02-24-2006, 03:17 PM
4.04 is the best so far in my opinion. As I have said before in the giant 'wobbles' thread, 4.01 was too smooth to be an aircraft, 4.02 was completely unflyable to me (I unistalled it twice). 4.03 was really good, but needed a little less of the 'wobbles'. 4.04 has been the best so far. Nothing is the same as RL flying, but the new patch is VERY good.

ploughman
02-24-2006, 03:27 PM
You're an actual pilot aren't you Dash-8?

Chuck_Older
02-24-2006, 03:35 PM

Two weeks? What happened, did you send it to 1C:Maddox Games' workshop? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

icrash
02-24-2006, 04:12 PM
No wobbles, but the stutter is back http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Rani1973
02-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Try to replace the graphic dll in the game with the ones in the oleg's ready room! Bye ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

chaikanut
02-24-2006, 04:33 PM
It killed the wobbles and that makes it the most important of the 4.** series. I cant believe that some people actually miss them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Thank you developers very much.

TAW_Oilburner
02-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by chaikanut:
It killed the wobbles and that makes it the most important of the 4.** series. I cant believe that some people actually miss them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Thank you developers very much. Trust me, the people that miss "the wobbles" ARE NOT people who fly planes that had "the wobbles".

joeap
02-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Ploughman:
You're an actual pilot aren't you Dash-8?

He is, not that some would listen to him anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Dtools4fools
02-25-2006, 03:54 AM
Trust me, the people that miss "the wobbles" ARE NOT people who fly planes that had "the wobbles".

I actually flew "wobblers" and kind of liked it; made me to fly differently, more "round" manouvers and flying. After some training I got back where I could hit again.
If little "wobbeling" left now I don'y care at all. Just easier. But the 'wobbles' taught me to fly better...

GerritJ9
02-25-2006, 05:30 AM
4.03 contained a lot of new stuff which was excellent, but after a week I flew the Buffalo again and discovered the wing guns had their ammunition load halved- nothing mentioned about that in the read-me. 4.04 did not correct that so as far as the Buffalo is concerned it's no improvement at all. Have not tested the Ju88 and Mosquito yet to see if there have been any changes there.

IV_JG51_Prien
02-25-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by VT-51_Razor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lbhskier37:

If you trim the plane up so that it is flying level hands off, it should do OK with the Level Stab. If not, use a notch of flaps. This works very well with both the He-111 and B-25. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is hard to do in the JU88... Flaps autoraise at ~250kph, and cruising speed keeps you well above that unless you're running really slow.

You are kind of stuck with using heavy elevator up-trim, which isn't hard to get around if you have a key mapped to neutralize trim... just hit that before you disengage level stab.

heywooood
02-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Tully made reference in tonyt's thread on wobbles that the wobble effect was due to some transient in the fm code that was only occuring in certain rigs (hardware related) and that they were trying to pin it down @ Maddox Games....looks like they did it.

yay - 4.04m is the cure.

Hoatee
02-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Well, I've been trying to overcome a bout of flu and been writing a load of bs lately to pass the time - didn't even know a patch was out so I guess I'll d/l that next after this - later.

uccellodifuoco
03-02-2006, 12:48 PM
canno
i'm having some serious problems with the new patch.. I had 303m, installed 404m but i get an eeror if i try to use new planes, and i haven't noticed any differences in the water.. Anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

Paolo( my msn meseenger is paolo@video-monitoring.com)