PDA

View Full Version : PRO's and CONZ

kind666
03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Pro's

1.) Single player is "Good", although definitely repetitive. Snake cam every other room, mark targets, send in your squad to kill them all. Still very linear, but this is the FPS world..

2.) Weaponry feels real, sounds pretty good. Thermal Scan, and sprint are cool features..

3.) AI is ok, they will flank you and surprise you from time to time, but for the most part is scripted and easily anticipated.

4.) Graphics look really good compared between the different platforms. They fall off in certain areas, PC most likely looking the best.

CONZ

1.) Melee?? I mean come on you get rushed, and there is nothing you can do.. How about a shake of the PS3 controllers motion ability to rifle butt someone in the head?

2.) Online for PS3, give me a break!! This is a joke!! Game modes sound nice, but how about being able to play them?? "Servers full", "Server error" I gave up, but I'm sure there are more issues.. UBi should have anticipated this release for PS3, as there hasn't been a good online title since COD4. Obviously PS3 users were planning on purchasing this. How about just a little time testing PS3 online play??

3.) A company should beta test software, and servers before they release a game. Not in fear of lawsuits, which end-user agreement licenses usually protect. But, to keep gamers onboard with the company's products, to be able to recommend them, and show them to others in the gaming world.

a.) PS3 rebooted during single player when breaching room, sent me back 2 checkpoints.. (Bug in game) SAVE PS3 people!!!

b,) Tried all weekend from my connection which works fine, and my friends different PS3, game, and ISP. No difference, was able to play once or twice before being booted..
PS3 gets the shaft and developed second, it's obviously shipped without beta testing. This happened with COD4 at first, and was fixed via patches. I think with more players, there will be more beta testers(PS3 users) for UBI to make a damage assessment of their software. I still fail to get why gaming developers do this,... it will only make people more hesitant to purchase future games. I will say I've had two games crash on me during single player modes on PS3, Assassins Creed, and RBSV2.

1.2.) This is because UBI designs for PC, and it's little twin brother the XBOX360 first. So of course anyone running these two platforms probably doesn't have a problem.. It's been beta tested(solved and locked), way before shipment.. The paid for XBOX live service, offers some money to developers. So of course they will refine, and beta test server issues for this first.

Just sad that it's hit or miss with online play with cross platform games today.. I'm sure dedicated titles like HAZE will rule! I'd rather wait the time it takes to get it right for these X platform games.. Chances are this game will gain dust on my shelf until UBI fixes this, and by then who knows GTAV4, HAZE, KILLZONE, RESISTANCE 2 will be hitting the market.. I'd like to just run out and buy HAZE, but now I might just wait for it to be out for a week or two, and wait for a review first.. I love UBI, and their games. Just make them stable, before you ship them. There is nothing wrong with the $60 I just worked hard for to give to you, should do your job too!!!

kind666
03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Pro's

1.) Single player is "Good", although definitely repetitive. Snake cam every other room, mark targets, send in your squad to kill them all. Still very linear, but this is the FPS world..

2.) Weaponry feels real, sounds pretty good. Thermal Scan, and sprint are cool features..

3.) AI is ok, they will flank you and surprise you from time to time, but for the most part is scripted and easily anticipated.

4.) Graphics look really good compared between the different platforms. They fall off in certain areas, PC most likely looking the best.

CONZ

1.) Melee?? I mean come on you get rushed, and there is nothing you can do.. How about a shake of the PS3 controllers motion ability to rifle butt someone in the head?

2.) Online for PS3, give me a break!! This is a joke!! Game modes sound nice, but how about being able to play them?? "Servers full", "Server error" I gave up, but I'm sure there are more issues.. UBi should have anticipated this release for PS3, as there hasn't been a good online title since COD4. Obviously PS3 users were planning on purchasing this. How about just a little time testing PS3 online play??

3.) A company should beta test software, and servers before they release a game. Not in fear of lawsuits, which end-user agreement licenses usually protect. But, to keep gamers onboard with the company's products, to be able to recommend them, and show them to others in the gaming world.

a.) PS3 rebooted during single player when breaching room, sent me back 2 checkpoints.. (Bug in game) SAVE PS3 people!!!

b,) Tried all weekend from my connection which works fine, and my friends different PS3, game, and ISP. No difference, was able to play once or twice before being booted..
PS3 gets the shaft and developed second, it's obviously shipped without beta testing. This happened with COD4 at first, and was fixed via patches. I think with more players, there will be more beta testers(PS3 users) for UBI to make a damage assessment of their software. I still fail to get why gaming developers do this,... it will only make people more hesitant to purchase future games. I will say I've had two games crash on me during single player modes on PS3, Assassins Creed, and RBSV2.

1.2.) This is because UBI designs for PC, and it's little twin brother the XBOX360 first. So of course anyone running these two platforms probably doesn't have a problem.. It's been beta tested(solved and locked), way before shipment.. The paid for XBOX live service, offers some money to developers. So of course they will refine, and beta test server issues for this first.

Just sad that it's hit or miss with online play with cross platform games today.. I'm sure dedicated titles like HAZE will rule! I'd rather wait the time it takes to get it right for these X platform games.. Chances are this game will gain dust on my shelf until UBI fixes this, and by then who knows GTAV4, HAZE, KILLZONE, RESISTANCE 2 will be hitting the market.. I'd like to just run out and buy HAZE, but now I might just wait for it to be out for a week or two, and wait for a review first.. I love UBI, and their games. Just make them stable, before you ship them. There is nothing wrong with the $60 I just worked hard for to give to you, should do your job too!!!