PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on the Battle for Forli DLC

KakashiAssassin
01-28-2010, 07:11 AM
just finished the battle for forli, was excellent value, I look forward to Bonfire of the Vanities next month!

it definitly adds to the story, but it is also worth the small price tag, you get a lot of stuff for you money, unlike or DLC's

spyrochick101
01-28-2010, 07:52 AM
sounds awesome! Can't wait to get it tonight. THanks for not spoiling. I'm psyched for it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

commandguy
01-28-2010, 08:04 AM
I think you basicly got what you paid for, not saying that it was bad, but it wasn't worth much more money than the price they are selling it for. Kinda went like this (spoilers ahead maybe):

1:kill guys
2:kill some more guys
3:just a few more guys to go
4:kill one Orsi brother
5:kill the other Orsi brother
6:get information on the whereabouts of savonarola.

After that the files got corrupted (oh really)?

All in all good value for the 320 msp.

mojsarn
01-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Can you replay missions now?

the amolang
01-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't have it yet, but its been confirmed no. but it does allow you to reuse the flying machine whenever you want to. so that is definitely a bonus for those that wanted it...

KZarr
01-28-2010, 09:32 AM
So I just finished it. I don't know if I've done everything new so don't hang me if I forget something.

+Free flying is da BOMB!
+Interesting story.
+I like the big-scale fights throughout the city.
+Worth the price tag.
-Still waaaay too easy
-No new items, maybe my fault for expecting it.
-The guards that were my ally just a minute are now enemies

*****SPOILER********
WTF is wrong with Sforza's? Is she mental or something? I could swear one of her lines was something like: "You want to lick my ****?".
*****END SPOILER********

TwinIltani
01-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by KZarr:
*****SPOILER********
WTF is wrong with Sforza's? Is she mental or something? I could swear one of her lines was something like: "You want to lick my ****?".
*****END SPOILER********

What, can't handle a woman who can talk **** as good as a guy can? Pah.

I'm lovin' the DLC so far. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

NovaDarkStorm
01-28-2010, 10:04 AM
I was some what happy and sad about the DLC, The story damn straight was good. But I felt it lacked some work... there could of been so much more. I don't get this aswell I actually do have everything in the game but some of the <> icons are not showing as white when everything is complete, am I missing something here or is that future DLC throught the battle of the vanaties and also secret locations I have 7 or 8 of them complete this includes the UPlay stuff.

Anyone know?

Captain Tomatoz
01-28-2010, 10:12 AM
i think that they could have done more work on it as the shop owners were still tryin 2 sell stuff, the haralds were still shouting and drs were still there. But overall the story was good. I prefered the way it was told in the novel as Ezio chased the 2nd Orsi brother into the mountains and they had a cart race which would have been fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I enjoyed it though

Hurri211
01-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Is it just me, or can you only fly in Forli? I'm just curious, as I haven't seen the marker on the mini-map for the flying-machine in any of the other cities. Just wondering as no one else has said it is speciffically for Forli.

Captain Tomatoz
01-28-2010, 10:39 AM
its only for Forli

Hurri211
01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Ah k, cheers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (But at the same time dissapointed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif)

jimbo11235813
01-28-2010, 10:58 AM
It was fun. Couple of problems (e.g. fighting with others in AC2 as they always hit me instead of the enemy,) but it adds a bit to the story and didn't cost much (3.19). Nice to be able to use the flying machine, but I wish I could use it else where (checked Florence and Venice and couldn't find it.)

Now just waiting for the next DLC (new area, new ability and more missions. Hope it includes another flying machine location.)

Cjail
01-28-2010, 12:56 PM
The DLC is quite short (1 hour only), has no new Achievements/Trophies, no new items and doesn't allow you to replay any mission. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
After playing I sadly find out that there were no rewards or reasons, for playing this DLC.

I am surprised to see that a team of 500 people made such an uninspired job.

Thuggsalot86
01-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Very disappointed

sgt_brent
01-28-2010, 01:04 PM
So are you able to replay it after completion??

Limubaix
01-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Why the hell aint this avail out on the west coast already? its 1210pm. Other ppl around have been able to enjoy it. So why not us? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

ijr2009
01-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Just finished playing the new chapter. Its lots of fun. the fights get a little frantic and at times uncontrolled, but over all its a great level. I was dissapointed you didn't get a new cloak from catarina. the Forli cloak would have been an easy addition that would have made sense.(SPOILER) The only real thing you get out of this is the ability to fly around Forli in the flying machine whenever you want and an upgrade to your villa. Nothing special but it increase in value by 1000 and you can hold more in the chest now. my guess is you also get more florins every 20 minutes, but i didn't stick around long enough to see.(SPOILER END) Overall it was well worth the money, but i wish you could replay it. oh well

TheEpicWolf
01-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Just finished it, it's pretty good.
SPOILER!- <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I rolf'd at Caterina lifting her dress http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif</span>-END SPOILER

younas456
01-28-2010, 02:36 PM
i like that you can use the weapons in the animus loading screen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif is there new weapons? i just began an hour ago and only got to play 15 min http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

grashopper
01-28-2010, 02:40 PM
@lion.cesar: Your avatar is waaaaaaay too big.
I think the max is 64x64...yours is 1480x2260 shrink it down

Foppezao
01-28-2010, 03:26 PM
So i am not anywhere near my ps3 at the moment but, what happens when you finish the DLC?
Assuming most of you finished the game, do you get back to your last saved game[before the dlc]? and can you use the flying machine afterwards or is the re-using of the bird only during the sequence 12?

I guess there arent any new Uplay actions/rewards are there?

mariob1998
01-28-2010, 03:39 PM
I thought it added much to the story; I liked it. My only grudge is that it seems to end too quickly.

SPOILER!- I did think it was weird that the merchants were still peddling their wares when all the guards were engaged in combat 5 feet from them.

BK-110
01-28-2010, 04:15 PM
I really liked it. Was worth the price, that's for sure! Can't wait for Bonfire of the Vanities! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mantledarcanum
01-28-2010, 05:37 PM
So far, I'm enjoying this.

I did notice that in the DNA sequence menu, they've taken out the courier, races, and assassination extra missions.

Matt_156
01-28-2010, 08:36 PM
i love how after engaging in a large scale battle and killing all the red guards, my green guard allies wander around the aftermath, poking at the bodies, muttering "assassin! did anyone see the murderer?!"

sgt_brent
01-28-2010, 08:55 PM
It was fun, but I felt like it was really short..

Gotta love the flying machine though.. This makes it worth the price in it's own..

Matt_156
01-28-2010, 09:00 PM
anyone notice how after completing the DLC missions, Ezio still carries the Apple of Eden around with him during free-play even though /SPOILER/ what's his face Monk was supposed to have stolen it? /SPOILER/

eZpiri2
01-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Matt_156:
i love how after engaging in a large scale battle and killing all the red guards, my green guard allies wander around the aftermath, poking at the bodies, muttering "assassin! did anyone see the murderer?!"
I know right? I was thinking I'd get a thank-you from killing the red guys, but after they died, the green guys checked the bodies and forgot all about me.

The flying machine is awesome, though it should clearly be added to other cities like Venice! Oh and also, I wish that if you crash, you can spawn back at the tower, and not where ever you crashed, cause I sorta got annoyed having to run back and forth from trying to get the Fly Swatter achievement but ending up crashing forcing me to have to walk back.

My overall thought was that it was good. But I believe the developers lacked some creativity or where to lazy cause the guards would still search dead ENEMY bodies as if someone else has killed them.

I don't know, but I think it was only me. The Sequence was sorta, laggy, not laggy but like, choppy at certain times. And **Possible SPOILER** <span class="ev_code_WHITE">when the Sequence ends and rebecca says that the file is corrupt, I got glitched and spawned in the mountains with no where to go, when I ran far enough, I fell under Venice into water, but I couldn't get out so I had to restart the game.</span>
But really, over all it was pretty good and worth it!

Azugo
01-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by KZarr:
So I just finished it. I don't know if I've done everything new so don't hang me if I forget something.

+Free flying is da BOMB!
+Interesting story.
+I like the big-scale fights throughout the city.
+Worth the price tag.
-Still waaaay too easy
-No new items, maybe my fault for expecting it.
-The guards that were my ally just a minute are now enemies

*****SPOILER********
*****END SPOILER********

LOL!

*SPOILER*
She said something like this aswell:
You want my children!? Take them! I have the instrument to make more!
*END SPOILER*

Tantalus227
01-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Upon completion my initial thought was 'Seriously? Was that it?' and I am disappointed at the length of it.

However, Caterina's comedy moments... I loved! I've always found parts of the game amusing but some of the things she said really gave me a good laugh.

InfernalTyrant
01-29-2010, 02:37 AM
$7 in Australia, worth it?

spyrochick101
01-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by jimbo_323:
It was fun. Couple of problems (e.g. fighting with others in AC2 as they always hit me instead of the enemy,) but it adds a bit to the story and didn't cost much (3.19). Nice to be able to use the flying machine, but I wish I could use it else where (checked Florence and Venice and couldn't find it.)

Now just waiting for the next DLC (new area, new ability and more missions. Hope it includes another flying machine location.)

Ya I think the next DLC is in Florence, so maybe there will be a secret flying machine mission. Fly over Florence would be amazing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Foppezao
01-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by aquarianfae:
So far, I'm enjoying this.

I did notice that in the DNA sequence menu, they've taken out the courier, races, and assassination extra missions. no assassination contracts?[my favorites] is that only during the DLC missions? and pardon me for asking again, can you also fly the machine after completing the DLC?

VeN_1473
01-29-2010, 11:42 AM
yes the flying machine is available whenever you want it on top of the lighthouse in the northeast corner of the map.

SteelCity999
01-29-2010, 09:02 PM
I thought the dlc added much to the story...for that it was good.

I was disappointed about the flying machine having no mission per say.....I don't see the point in being able to fly around for the hell of it....

Definitely a good value considering the other ridiculously priced dlc out there.

can't wait until the next dlc...hopefully we get all we've asking for with it...

EzioAssassin51
01-29-2010, 09:33 PM
My thoughts:

It was great! So fun but i am disappointed by it's length! I heard the next DLC will have 12 memories so that's great!
I really like the Flying machine but i think we should have it in all the cities and we should have missions for it! It's a little bit boring just flying for no reason but it's sooooo fun! I think if we crash we should respawn at the tower! If we drop off then we should stay where we landed (which is what we do!)

I Like how it at the end you needed to find the monk and everything! Good ending! I think he should have given Caterina a kiss or something though lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif!

And now we know how he got his beard!

Well i'll admit this was a great sequence! can't wait for the next but i have a couple of questions:

#1: If we start a new game will it include sequence 12? (and 13 later)

#2: I have another file with the completed game! Can i play the DLC again on that?

and

#3: will the extra maps and the Bonfire of the Vanities be available together or will they be separate

Asher13
01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
I quite liked it. I like the extra depth to the storyline, it was fun taking out the Orsi brothers, and being a bit more heroic. Four bucks isn't too much, at least I had a few extra bucks in my PSN wallet.

I took my time, but I was done within an hour and a half or so... wish it were a bit longer, but it's obvious that it was just a short part of the full game that's been excised. It picks up immediately after Sequence 11, and Sforza hands a map with the Codex pages (that wasn't in the full game though?)...

But still, it was fun. I hope Sequence 13 is a bit longer with some more variety. Savanarola might make for a pretty devious bad guy.

The only part that I disliked was that there was no trophy for completing Sequence 12. I have the trophies for all of them, so it's odd that I don't have one for 12.

gamertam
01-30-2010, 02:04 AM
The battle for forli was somewhat short. After i've completed it, i felt that it should've been a bit more longer but i didn't mind at all. It was kind a fun but expected it. It was a bit laggy at times but not too damaging to the gameplay. (Maybe Ubi can looks into sequence 13 with a little more awareness and deliever something special; i believed the fans will remember it for a long time.) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif imho. Anyways, i bought it, I played it and i wanted more. Cool, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Carloz-Alexi
01-30-2010, 04:05 AM
The DLC was way to short! get more items for the villa. New trophies and maybe a weapon as reward for doing the DLC like Altair's dagger or in the beginning so you can use it the whole DLC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

viberunner
01-30-2010, 06:58 AM
Everything everyone has said is true.

It's very short. It's very easy. There are more glitches and bugs than normal (esp. guards switching allegiance).

It is also fun. It is also inexpensive. And it gives you a flying machine for the FLY SWATTER achievement.

When I loaded it, it removed my weapons for some reason. So I went back to the Villa and grabbed the Feather-Quest hammer, rather than the Sword of Altiar.

Was extremely good fun using the Hammer.

But 500 meg on my hard-drive for something I can't replay without replaying the ENTIRE game is a bit weak, guys!

spyrochick101
01-30-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by viberunner:
Everything everyone has said is true.

It's very short. It's very easy. There are more glitches and bugs than normal (esp. guards switching allegiance).

It is also fun. It is also inexpensive. And it gives you a flying machine for the FLY SWATTER achievement.

When I loaded it, it removed my weapons for some reason. So I went back to the Villa and grabbed the Feather-Quest hammer, rather than the Sword of Altiar.

Was extremely good fun using the Hammer.

But 500 meg on my hard-drive for something I can't replay without replaying the ENTIRE game is a bit weak, guys!

Well once we get the DLC in feb, and if we decide to replay AC2 someday we'll have a complete game at least. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif That will be interesting to see the whole thing play out with no glitchy corrupt sequences.

InfernalTyrant
01-30-2010, 11:56 PM
I'll definitely be replaying the game once the 2nd DLC is out.

GARNETsky
01-31-2010, 03:53 AM
I didn't realize how badly I needed another AC fix until the 28th came around. I really enjoyed the possibilities introduced in the large scale battles, but there was one thing that really bothered me.

After making Catrina Sforza awesome, the game felt the need to tell me over and over again in the database that she was rumored to be (i.e. definitely was) kidnapped and raped later. It's like, "you see this rad, take-no-prisoners chick? Don't worry, she'll be put in her place later."

Rape is a very real threat used against all women--certainly a very real threat against an aggressive woman of power like Catrina. There is validity in trying to confront it in a videogame like AC that's concerned with both historical and human stories. However, I don't think AC has been able to confront it affectively. Until its able to successfully formulate some kind of less-exploitive commentary on women's status, would it be too much to ask for a likable, strong woman in this series that isn't silenced? Because Lucy isn't cutting it (see also the "likable" stipulation).

Other than that, the new DLC was fun; I can't wait to buy the next episode! Perhaps later we can get new stuff to spend our florentines on?

Koemidvm
01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
It's short but it's condense. In that less-than-6h gameplay (was multi-multitasking so couldn't tell), most of the time I spent on kicking guards off the roof; and when I got back to the storyline, there's some intense gory fights that your opponents, simply put, asked for them - waves after waves. This, of course, is an eye-candy for bloodlusters like myself : Try multistabbing them. Try double-slash their throats. Try skewered them with their weapons. Try poison them. Try smoke-bombed them and do all of the above. etc.

Oh, and with Caterina - every other moment she showed up on the screen I'd be like "oh, snap" "WHAT THE...!?" - well you got the idea. Her appearance in this DLC made the Altair-Maria cut-scene looks like kid's play.

So to conclude, I love this DLC and can't wait for the next to come. That much said, I still insist that Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed team should come up an/multiple alternative(s) that would allow us to either:
1)manual save them in certain slots (in geeks' terms: Animus 2.0 is just another computer right, so manual-saving should be allowed especially if the Assassin's want to analyze the data) or,
2) have a "New game+/Replay" option or,
3) allow Ezio the billionaire [in a new game] to hire someone to scout viewpoints, hunt down those feathers and collect treasures for him (this will at least allow us to focus more on the storyline and the other side-quests)

MrNussbaum
01-31-2010, 05:38 PM
3) allow Ezio the billionaire [in a new game] to hire someone to scout viewpoints, hunt down those feathers and collect treasures for him (this will at least allow us to focus more on the storyline and the other side-quests)

I think this is a terrible idea.

Koemidvm
01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I think this is a terrible idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yah I know, and that's exactly my point: just come up with something -anything- already! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

blarson11
01-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I think this is a terrible idea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not a terrible idea at all. just make it so that what ever you completed in the first game was the only thing that carried over. for example, if in your first save you collect all of the feathers, why not start out with the auditorre cape? you already achieved it anyways. tbh i would consider this pretty much new game+, but its not a bad idea