PDA

View Full Version : Epic Moments

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 09:58 PM
So, everyone put in your little moments of epic awesomeness where you feel something went great.

One of mine, the last game of manhunt I played - I was the highest-level player in the game. The other team was all (literally) level 5, and my team were me at 16, two level 2 and one level 3.

My team were hopeless runners, but one of them had a courtesan locked on. She jumped in a haystack, right in front of me, and I just casually strolled over to it and killed her.

Then another courtesan, ALSO LOCKED ON, dropped from the roof, INTO THE SAME HAYSTACK, and also died.

Kill x 2, Co-op Kill x 2, Incognito x 2, Multi-Kill, Diversion...

We'd been getting seriously behind in the attacking round until then, and came back to be within 200 points with that, seconds before the round finished.

Didn't win the round, but were close, and won the match in the second round (but only barely, most of the team were running then too... idiots)

Gryphion
11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Playing Wanted on the farm-village map (don't remember the all the names yet, but it looked really yellow). I was in first place and we're in the last minute of the game. When I didn't find a group with my skin to hide in, I used disguise and joined a random one.

Seconds later, a character just walks straight up to my group so I step up and smash o, stunning him. However, right behind him is another player who had witnessed all this. Probably not sure if the stunned or the stunner was his/her target, it gave me the chance to stun him/her.

2 stuns, less then 3 seconds apart and just casually walking away. Felt really good

ninja_7_7
11-22-2010, 10:56 PM
1600 pt kill. That was my epic moment.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
You guys have good epic moments.

Just had another good one.

Another one in Manhunt.

Joined game, took a look and though "oh crap" there were four players between 45 and 50.

I ended up paired with the only level 50, but there was a level 46 and 47 team, and the other team had 47 and another guy about my level (18 currently).

My partner and I didn't just win. Either one of our final scores would have been a close match - his would have won the match anyway, mine would have been good enough to score second place.

We were only a few points short of 9000, I'd been hoping for one nice clean kill in the closing seconds, or at least a couple of stuns (yes, just for the Dragonball Z reference), but it wasn't to be.

HaxGeneration
11-22-2010, 11:20 PM
3 stuns in a row+ an escape, so epic that it made the host leave the game so we had to start over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Flincher2007
11-22-2010, 11:49 PM
I was playing that party type map today doing advanced wanted, and my target the courtesan was running around, I went to where she was running and she brushed right past me at full speed, fortunately I poisoned her and she died miles away.

ExprtAssassin
11-23-2010, 12:02 AM
In wanted on some map I don't remember the name, I was first place, and had 3 people on me. I was just sitting there blended with two NPCs like me, and out of nowhere I see two red arrows pop up. They both came and killed each NPC, and at that time the third finally shows up. I smoked the first 2 and just ran like hell, then I managed to disguise and somehow nobody found me. Got all the pursuers off, and won the game by at least 1500 points. That was my third day of playing online.

zyghart
11-23-2010, 12:59 AM
Most epic run is sort of long, but has probably happened to a few other people.

With 2 deaths, stunning one of my pursuers, tagging my target with slow poison, dying and respawning right next to another target with cooldowns reset and poisoning him just in time to stun the same guy and be killed by his same teammate.

Awesome.

My favorite single kill was dropping slow poison on a rooftop runner and watching him die in midair trying to jump to another building.

Trie215
11-23-2010, 08:56 AM
I'd have to say my most epic moment was while playing in Monteriggione. I was the Nobleman and was hiding in a group of other noblemen at the bottom of that main central staircase. My target wasnt too far off so I figured I'd wait it out. My target (the priest) was inching his way in my direction, and i got him focused and everything. As I go to stab him and get mega bonuses, my pursuer kills the npc right next to me. Very thrilling, and I pressed all of 2 buttons.

luth411
11-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Haha these are awesome stories. Does anyone know of a video archive of kills like Halo does with IGN?

I had a funny situation last night. I was in Forli, sitting in a courtyard that was conveniently populated with 4 of my persona. I was in the lead and had 4 pursuers, so I had changed to defense for a while. I noticed two players in the area and assumed they were looking for me.

I'm on the far side of the bench, my duplicate is in the middle, and there's a persona on the side. Suddenly, the far persona kills my copy in the middle. The two players in the courtyard immediately start over towards me, so I take the lift up the wall and run for it. I saw MY contract take a leap of faith into hay. I jump in with him. Get the kill and then a double escape. Chain+variety+lure... it was a lot of luck but even more epic.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I was in 1st with 3 pursuers. I looked over and saw a bench with two people on it that looked like me, and a middle seat open. I sat down in the middle, and used disguise. My smoke bomb has just a little bit of time left before I can use it again.

I wait.

A few seconds later, two people come FLYING down the street in full run, directly at my bench. Turns out both were 2 of my 3 pursuers, and they were trying to beat each other to the bench for the kill. They reached the bench at almost the same time, and each one of them stabbed the NPC's at the end, LOL!

The best part though?

As the NPC's were fading out and the would-be killer's animations were finishing, I calmly got up and walked slowly off the bench straight ahead, and as I did, my disguise wore off and I revealed myself, hahahah. It gets better!

After about 4-5 steps, I look to the left with my camera and see a guy running in my direction, with a guy running behind him. I throw down my smoke bomb right as he gets near me, which had just popped up. Immediately upon hitting the smoke bomb, the guy gets pounced on by the sprinter behind him. The last red light on my HUD goes out; it was my third pursuer, LMAO!

I never broke stride. The whole time I just stayed in calm walk, moving forward. It was one of the most epic moments I've ever had in a game to date, LoL.

xOCx_JidMenosta
11-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Played a game of Manhunt last night and won the game 25450 - 11315. We had 14000+ points on the attacking round (1st round) and then just took them out in the Defending round.

Another game versus that same team a few maps later I had chain stunned the same person 4 times in a row and just kept running around a corner and waiting for him to chase after me for more points before he finally got me (killing me for 100) in high profile. So 800 - 100 in less then 1 minute http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also had a 2000 point kill after getting killed a lot in a Wanted game that jumped me back to first and ending he game in 2nd. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

nm0322
11-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I've had a couple of epic moments.. One of them was plain and simple and the other more complex, the first one was THE longest chase I've ever had in which I was running away from 3 pursuers sprinting full speed at me and my thumb was slipping off the analog stick but i somehow managed to avoid NPCs and turn corners to run for my life lol.
The second one was more of a stealthy one, there I was walking with a huge crowd (must've been at least 10 NPCs and 3 of them looked like me. I had 3 pursuers and all of the sudden I see 3 people just raid the crowd and kill everyone else EXCEPT me then just as luck strikes I see my contract walking sneakily towards me and you could tell they had their eye on someone (most likely one of the 3 people who ambushed the crowd looking for me) and just as he's about to strike i come up from the side and assassinate him.

This game is FULL of epic moments which is why I love it, you could have 5 whole minutes of frustration and paranoia but the last 5 minutes could be enough to gain the lead and show everyone who's boss!

berm87
11-23-2010, 10:30 AM
There's nothing better than poisoning your target, stunning and fooling three pursuers who hopelessly try to flank you, and then your new target jumping right in front of you. If only this happened more often! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CourtJestGaming
11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Had a fun time killing a roofer last week.

I hid myself in a haybale, had him locked on, and of course he decided to shortly later join me in the haybale not realizing of course, someone was there waiting for him.

Another time I had managed to stun a pursuer in a rather fashionable way, and he even gave me kudos after in voice, saying "Well done man, holy cow well done."

I was basically fleeing from a kill I had made up on a rooftop, jumped down and as I did saw him, the moment I did, out came the mute then the stun. I think he was shocked and in awe at the same time heh

nightpriestess
11-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Mine aren't really that epic but they sure made me laugh.

The first was in the Castel map, I'm calmly walking through the courtyard, I turn my camera and see the barber jogging towards me and then walking (he had the red dot though) as I walk, I smoke bomb, turn around and stun him. Then I realize my compass is full and I turn around trying to find the smuggler only to get smoke bombed and ***** slapped, just like the Barber. Only just a few seconds ago she was way off at the edge of the map too. Oh yeah, after I got stunned, Courtesan killed me. More of an epic fail than win but it made me laugh.

Next one, I'm following the thief, who has me and someone else as a pursuer. I jog part of the map and then slow down as I near her, as I walk through a corridor, the Hellequin jogs past me and slows down too. I quickly realize she's the second pursuer so I'm like "F NO!" I smoke bomb, and keep walking but I started to run when I saw the Hellequin making a dash for the thief. Needless to say we BOTH got smoked bomb by the thief but for some reason, she stunned neither of us but decides to stand in the smoke instead of running. I manage to kill the thief right as the smoke cleared + I got to watch the Hellquin get air assassinated by the Noble. Made me laugh too.

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Triple escape while in first on Wanted in Monteriggioni. I only won because I was better at freerunning. God it was hectic and intense but I turned a corner, broke line of sight on them all, disguised in a crowd with nobody that looked like me. They could never find me.

My favorite though? I was in Forli (I think) and my pursuer was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I saw the red arrow too late. but RIGHT AS he started to step toward me for the assassinate (he had his blade out and all), he was shot in the back. And guess what? it was my target that saved me. My target, after saving me, then ran RIGHT up to me and I killed him for 600 points.

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 10:35 PM
New best moment for me. Kind of like both of yours, E-Zekiel. Was on Monteriggioni too.

Had a pursuer start a chase, and I ran, managed to get away, but as I got the escape bonus, 2 other players started chasing me, from opposite ends of the alleyway I was in. I waited until they were close, but not too close, then dropped firecrackers and ran on an angle, climbing the roof and dropping down into the next alley over. Joined a blend group and scored the double escape, then my target ran through a chase-breaker gate right in front of me.

Got chain + poacher +incognito +hidden

SirPhist
11-23-2010, 10:48 PM
in firenze, my contract was a prowler and i'm a hellequin. in a chase i'm keeping up with him very well because i'm a good free runner. he takes a leap of faith into some hay and i follow him right into it. as soon as he steps out trying to run, i pull him back into the hay for a hidden kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

stealth995
11-23-2010, 11:17 PM
hmm.... alliance mode.

two stuns, then a full hidden incognito poison, followed by a focus incognito kill. yeah we won that round. i ended up with 14 kills, 10,000 points. Almost went untouchable but i had 2 deaths. good times in alliance.

Oatkeeper
11-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQ-V9MgXIc

Im uploading a vid tomorrow where I get 1 kill, 1 escape, 4 stuns, and a poisen in row. In that order.

Steelbadger
11-24-2010, 07:16 AM
My first ever Advanced Wanted game was an unremitting stream of awesome.

It started somewhat disappointingly; I joined when there was less than 3 minutes left in the match but for those three minutes I got stealth kill after stealth kill after stealth kill. Interspersed occasionally with a couple of Lure's, two stuns and an escape at the end. I came in a close second.

In an Alliance match I was wandering along, minding my own business in a morphed group when I caught sight of the people hunting me. I turned and walked right at them, dropped a smoke bomb then stunned both of them. Then my targets jumped off the rooftops to attack the now stunned guys and I killed both of those. Then I carried on about my business.

ficrita
11-24-2010, 07:17 AM
I have a couple.

I'll do the most awesome first

1: Yesterday, I was in a Manhunt match, on the hunted team. We were in the first minute of the game and my team were all still packed together. All 4 of the pursuers converged onto our morphed group. The first one killed a civillian, I stunned him, second one was facing the wrong direction and I somehow managed to stun him from behind. Third one killed my teammate and I stunned him, threw a smoke bomb and got the fourth one. So I was standing there with all 4 of my pursuers lying on the ground just thinking... LOL pwned.

Then one got up and stabbed me. It was worth it.

2: Again, in Manhunt mode, hunted team. there was about 20 seconds left on the clock and of course a lot of players in the last minute start running around like squirrels on crack, and all 3 of my pursuers ran past and managed to trigger a chase while I was sitting in my hiding spot. Just as the clock ticked over to 0:00, I got my points for the triple escape, took the lead and won the Strong Closer trophy.

3: This was on the beta. Wanted mode (Although I've done the same thing since release once, in the same place). On the Rome map, I was being chased by my pursuer, I took it up to the rooftops, Then dropped down, turned a corner and hid in a haystack, I knew it would take him some time to figure out which direction I went in
He was full sprinting at the haystack when the timer ran out, I got out and walked a circle around him, then ran off and I could hear him on voice chat saying WTF HE JUST WALKED RIGHT PAST ME. Good times.