PDA

View Full Version : Use the hidden blade with your sword out

Bowcaster
02-19-2011, 08:48 AM
I dont know if this has been discovered before, but I found a glitch that allows you to use your hidden blade while your sword is out in AC:B.

I dont have any way to tape it other than sticking my cell phone up to the screen and recording it, but i will try to post a video. Though it would be better if someone with screen capture capabilities did it.

The way to activate this glitch is to switch to your sword when not in combat. Then press X to brandish your sword (do not press right on the d-pad again to brandish it as the glitch will not work). Immediatly after pressing X quickly press up on the d-pad to select your hidden blade.

Ezio will continue to unsheath his sword but will also select his hidden blade. Now make sure you are not near anyone so you dont accedentally kill them and press X. Ezio will still be holding his sword, but you will be able to see him activate his hidden blades.

If you are too close to someone, Ezio will use the sword to attack them not the hidden blade, and then afterwards put away the sword. So you cant actually use it in combat, but it does look cool to have your sword and hidden blade out at the same time.

I have confermed that this is also possible with your short weapon and the crossbow. Though doing it with the crossbow makes you unable to fire the crossbow, or use the hidden blade.

I discovered this on Xbox, but I see no reason it shouldn't work on PS3. Have fun trying it if I'm not an idiot just going over something that had already been discovered.

MagicalZero ko
02-19-2011, 09:19 AM
That's news to me!

swiftkinfe
02-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Sorry pal day 1 found out about this.

Bowcaster
02-19-2011, 05:23 PM
well we know there's at least one person that didnt know about it.

wellus666
03-11-2011, 09:21 PM
nice, I'll try that!

SAVMATIC
03-12-2011, 04:42 AM
thanks for posting! cool trick tho im certainly disappointed we cant actually use both at the same time...maybe next game

itsamea-mario
03-12-2011, 09:58 AM
So, the title wasn't a euphemism..?