PDA

View Full Version : Training missions? Help please...

d451dart
12-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Just installed PF...IL2FB, AEP, PF with the appropriate patches...everything running fine but I'm trying to do do the training missions. In the PF takeoff training mission, at the end, it states to practice you start the single mission, USAF, training takeoff mission. There is no such mission that I can find! The only training missions seem to be under Training. Wasn't there a way to take control of the aircraft in training missions in IL2FB? Haven't played forever and have forgotten...can't find anything in the manual on it! Thanks.

d451dart
12-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Just installed PF...IL2FB, AEP, PF with the appropriate patches...everything running fine but I'm trying to do do the training missions. In the PF takeoff training mission, at the end, it states to practice you start the single mission, USAF, training takeoff mission. There is no such mission that I can find! The only training missions seem to be under Training. Wasn't there a way to take control of the aircraft in training missions in IL2FB? Haven't played forever and have forgotten...can't find anything in the manual on it! Thanks.

d451dart
12-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Guess no one does training missions!?

Tully__
12-10-2004, 06:49 PM
If you're talking about carrier take-offs, try USN(avy) rather than USAAF. There're carrier take-off & landing missions for just about every aircraft type listed.

d451dart
12-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Yes, I've seen the USN missions but...when you click on any of them, it says, "Carrier Take-off Training Mission...Please see the allied carrier take off mission in the training section"...therefore, you cannot choose these missions or at least when I tried the take off training mission, it had me already in the air! As I asked in the first post...can you take over the controls of the aircraft in the training missions? And if so, what key might accomplish this?

Firebird_79vRAF
12-10-2004, 08:14 PM
~S~

Think your confused or I really am lol.

I think what your looking for are in the single player missions. Try looking in single player missions and selecting RN or USN and you should have what your looking for.

d451dart
12-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Firebird, That's what I tried...the single missions USN. When you choose let's say the take-off training, it clearly says..."Please see the allied carrier take-off mission in the training section". Try it...see if you get the same results? When I try to choose the mission, it puts me in the air, not anywhere on a carrier to take off!?

steve_v
12-10-2004, 09:53 PM
The training section accessed from the main screen via the green button are instructioanl tracks only. You cannot take control of the a/c in them. The single missions are where you practice.

BuzzU
12-10-2004, 09:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by d451dart:
Firebird, That's what I tried...the single missions USN. When you choose let's say the take-off training, it clearly says..."Please see the allied carrier take-off mission in the training section". Try it...see if you get the same results? When I try to choose the mission, it puts me in the air, not anywhere on a carrier to take off!? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It says that, because it wants you to watch the training mission first. You're in the right screen. Just click the green button in the lower right corner, and on the next screen click on fly.

Tully__
12-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Before you click "Fly", click the difficulty button and turn on the "Takeoffs & Landings" difficulty setting. You will then start on the carrier instead of already flying.

d451dart
12-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Thank you gentlemen! That's what I needed to know!