PDA

View Full Version : VAP 250 Mystery!!!

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Just now I was doing a Quick Mission builder mission and decided to have a quick go at using the IL2M (later series) with the VAP250. In the old IL2 the VAP250 created a massive stream of fire behind it and I was expecting the same to happen in Forgotten Battles. Instead a single little ball dropped from the bomb bay and caused a tiny flame on the ground. I was puzzled-in the old manual, the VAP250 was described as "like napalm," but it was nothing like that. Whats the point of having those massive containers added to the plane when you can't use them. Although minor, it would be nice to have it addressed in the patch.

To be able to fare well,
To avoid the frustration of misfortune,
That, in this world, is happiness.
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 02:51 PM
Just now I was doing a Quick Mission builder mission and decided to have a quick go at using the IL2M (later series) with the VAP250. In the old IL2 the VAP250 created a massive stream of fire behind it and I was expecting the same to happen in Forgotten Battles. Instead a single little ball dropped from the bomb bay and caused a tiny flame on the ground. I was puzzled-in the old manual, the VAP250 was described as "like napalm," but it was nothing like that. Whats the point of having those massive containers added to the plane when you can't use them. Although minor, it would be nice to have it addressed in the patch.

To be able to fare well,
To avoid the frustration of misfortune,
That, in this world, is happiness.
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 03:31 PM
Maybe they changed it so you have to keep pressing the button to drop the whole load?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When my brother and I built and flew the first man-carrying flying machine, we thought that we were introducing into the world an invention which would make further wars impossible..."

Orville Wright, 1917

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 06:07 AM
Apparently, is a known bug to be rectified.

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 06:49 AM
yeah .. similar problem with the TB3 loadout of 28 100kg bombs

you can only drop them in pairs with a delay of several seconds in between .. makes them useless for any sort of mass bombing of light targets if you have to go around 14 times http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Although not used much, would still like to have the DAG-10 grenade launcher on the IL-2.