PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Theory will not play on my PC.

ApathyNHB
03-30-2005, 12:20 AM
I realize that I already have a topic on this forum but that issue has been resolved, I needed to make a new thread with a more appropriate title.

Everytime I try to launch Chaos Theory I get this... http://img112.exs.cx/img112/9826/untitled7nv.jpg

The little screen pops up that says it is checking the disk, when that is finished my screen goes blank and looks as though it is getting ready to start the game. Then before I even see the company logo graphic I get that error. I have installed the game patch but that didn't fix this problem.

I am using Winxp with SP2 fully updated, ati x800 PE with the new catalyst drivers and I have 2 gigs of ram. On all levels my computer far exceeds the recommended system requirements.

This is really starting to annoy me because I have done everything that I know of on my end and still cannot even play. If anyone knows anything that will help me I would appreciate the information.

ApathyNHB
03-30-2005, 12:20 AM
I realize that I already have a topic on this forum but that issue has been resolved, I needed to make a new thread with a more appropriate title.

Everytime I try to launch Chaos Theory I get this... http://img112.exs.cx/img112/9826/untitled7nv.jpg

The little screen pops up that says it is checking the disk, when that is finished my screen goes blank and looks as though it is getting ready to start the game. Then before I even see the company logo graphic I get that error. I have installed the game patch but that didn't fix this problem.

I am using Winxp with SP2 fully updated, ati x800 PE with the new catalyst drivers and I have 2 gigs of ram. On all levels my computer far exceeds the recommended system requirements.

This is really starting to annoy me because I have done everything that I know of on my end and still cannot even play. If anyone knows anything that will help me I would appreciate the information.

Malbogio
03-30-2005, 01:00 AM
I think we have the same problem, good luck.

Kam2789
03-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Thats the same **** I'm getting with the vs mode after I alt-tabbed out...

Lhorkan
03-30-2005, 01:45 AM
Something with WindowBlinds maybe? Of course, I can't know for sure since I don't have the game yet, just trying to help.

sb85
03-30-2005, 04:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lhorkan:
Something with WindowBlinds maybe? Of course, I can't know for sure since I don't have the game yet, just trying to help. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah this game got no support for blinds, the demo didnt work either, so i suggest getting blinds off completely, n using the default desktop

ApathyNHB
03-30-2005, 04:54 AM
I have never heard of WindowBlinds before, what would I have to do if windowblinds are my problem?

You might have to be painfully specific because I am very uneducated when it comes to computer technology.

Tfrogs1
03-30-2005, 04:59 AM
WindowBlinds is a program that lets you choose different skins for your desktop - so you can have cool colours and designs and stuff, like it seems you have, judging by the pic.
Open your start menu and check for it on your programs list, and if you can't find it there, use Add/Remove Programs, and if it's not there, use Windows Search.

ApathyNHB
03-30-2005, 05:12 AM
Nice that worked, I guess I'm just going to have to put up with this ugly as sin windows look.

Thanks a lot for all the advice, I appreciate it.

It seems like kind of a strange problem for a game to have, something so trivial rendering the game unplayable. I hope they patch it later.

sb85
03-30-2005, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ApathyNHB:
I have never heard of WindowBlinds before, what would I have to do if windowblinds are my problem?

You might have to be painfully specific because I am very uneducated when it comes to computer technology. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

its the alienware gui tht ur using, lol

kmansp24
03-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this about Windowblinds/AlienGuise. I installed this game as soon as I got it yesterday and was pretty bummed to recieve this error. When I called tech support and explained what kind of system I had, he immediately responded, "oh well it's because you have a laptop." Grrrrr..... I just wanted to SMACK HIM. I told him I've played HL2 and Doom3 and various others on my area 51, to which he replied that those are all old gaming engines. It was obviously some know it all kid that doesn't really know anything.

Anyways, this worked for me. I uninstalled Alienguise and it worked flawlessly on my "Mobile System" as Alienware likes to call it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks a bunch!!!!

Str82yoDome
03-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Common Sense People... Common Sense http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif