PDA

View Full Version : DGEN - ending mission and escaping

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Here is some chance to improve DGEN in some cases:
- when I press Esc and end mission (emergency landing), game engine didn't generate other AI planes in combat; these planes freezes in air and mission ends for these pilots in air. This not correspond with dynamic campaign primary primciples.

In my opinion, game engine can ganerate rest of the mission, isn't it?

- I lack some features like old sim's (e.g. Red Baron) where pilot could escape from prison, request transfer to another squad, etc.

- Calculate programmers with some features like rearming plane after succesful landing and take off to combat again?

Rudidlo.

Message Edited on 07/04/03 09:06AM by rudidlo

Message Edited on 07/15/0302:17PM by rudidlo

XyZspineZyX
06-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Here is some chance to improve DGEN in some cases:
- when I press Esc and end mission (emergency landing), game engine didn't generate other AI planes in combat; these planes freezes in air and mission ends for these pilots in air. This not correspond with dynamic campaign primary primciples.

In my opinion, game engine can ganerate rest of the mission, isn't it?

- I lack some features like old sim's (e.g. Red Baron) where pilot could escape from prison, request transfer to another squad, etc.

- Calculate programmers with some features like rearming plane after succesful landing and take off to combat again?

Rudidlo.

Message Edited on 07/04/03 09:06AM by rudidlo

Message Edited on 07/15/0302:17PM by rudidlo

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 12:56 PM
No One speak with me? Maddog's programmers?

Rudidlo.

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:58 AM
I played Red Baron, and I loved having the ability to escape or transfer. I think it would be a great idea to add this.

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 07:19 AM
I agree, it seems strange that the entire mission depends on how long you play, but I work my way around it by accelerating time after I've bailed and when all aircrafts are home I quit, by doing that I get the "real" result of the mission.

Transfer, I remember that, it was a fine feature, but it would require things like showing other sqaudrons on the map and have "intersquad flying", would be fine if it could be done.

I don't think many pilots actually escaped captivity, they were probably just shot or sent directly to labourcamps. But it seems odd that you get captured every time you bail over enemy territory.

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:50 PM
I don't think that escape on airfield and time compression resolves this problem. I saw that AI pilots fly in circles to empty fuel tank./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Rudidlo.

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 09:46 AM
It seems that no one will respond our questions. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Rudidlo.