PDA

View Full Version : I need re-install FB+AEP+PF help please

Bloodyclaws
04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Ok, so I finally attempted to put fb+AEP+PF back on the computer after I killed it a few months ago.

I downloaded the combined patches from Tully's post in UBI, installed FB, then AEP, then PF.

All ok, double-checked the install folder, etc.

Once I got Pf on, i patched each game from the combined install patch list.

Here is the problem.

I begin the combined game, and I go into the QMB to test it out.

I cannot bring up any "advanced setup" options, the buttons on the left just click and nothing.

Also, it tells me that it is missing the {map}-ini folder and does not begin the mission.

So, did I mess up in getting the wrong patches, or is there some esoteric reason I am missing? Like, do I need to patch the games individually as I install them? That is the only other thing I can think of.

I have fought this for about 2 hours now, and have done full-on clean re-installs each time. Help?

Bloodyclaws
04-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Ok, so I finally attempted to put fb+AEP+PF back on the computer after I killed it a few months ago.

I downloaded the combined patches from Tully's post in UBI, installed FB, then AEP, then PF.

All ok, double-checked the install folder, etc.

Once I got Pf on, i patched each game from the combined install patch list.

Here is the problem.

I begin the combined game, and I go into the QMB to test it out.

I cannot bring up any "advanced setup" options, the buttons on the left just click and nothing.

Also, it tells me that it is missing the {map}-ini folder and does not begin the mission.

So, did I mess up in getting the wrong patches, or is there some esoteric reason I am missing? Like, do I need to patch the games individually as I install them? That is the only other thing I can think of.

I have fought this for about 2 hours now, and have done full-on clean re-installs each time. Help?

Zeus-cat
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Go out and buy the IL-2 1946 DVD and you get all this in one package plus more. Seriously, go get the DVD and save yourself a huge hassle.

Skycat_2
04-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Forgotten Battles.
Ace Expansion Pack.
Pacific Fighters as the FB+AEP+PF option ... this is important!

Fly and test. The loading screen should say v3.0 or 3.0m, I can't remember which. It will have picture showing the Mustang at left and a Corsair at right.

Install these patches (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4721047273):
3.0 to 3.03m
4.01m
4.02m
4.03m
4.04m

Launch the game and check the loading screen; it should say 4.04m at the bottom.

Bloodyclaws
04-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanks to both of you.

Can't get 1946 untill friday at least, but I will get it.