PDA

View Full Version : Graw II **Single Player Demo Feed Back Windows XP**

ColinCJ
07-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Download Here.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2791043913/m/9131012565

http://ghostrecon.uk.ubi.com/newspost.php?news_id=6135

http://www.fileplanet.com/178705/download/Ghost-Recon-A...-Demo-(Singleplayer) (http://www.fileplanet.com/178705/download/Ghost-Recon-Advanced-Warfighter-2-Demo-(Singleplayer))

BE WARNED this section is for specific problems and help.
NOT GENERAL DISCUSSION.

Before posting use the tec report link below FIRST.

Please post the following information before stating your problem.

Also please read the system specs and notes that come with it, it is very detailed and will help before installing.

Operating System and Version.
Windows XP

Computer Type. Desktop/Laptop etc

DEMO SP

Game type.

Mission.

CPU make and Model.

GPU Make and Model.

Sound Card Make and Model.

Error log if you have one. Windows

In game error log Location.
Drive Letter =:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

What you were doing prior to crash or error.

Any other details.

Also use the Ubisoft Tec Support Link and report the same there as well.
http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft_en.cfg/p...ch_nl&p_sort_by=dflt (http://ubisoft-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=ozf8BRFi&p_lva=&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=1.88&p_prods=88&p_cats=0&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=88&prod_lvl2=0&cat_lvl1=0&p_search_text=Ghost+recon+advanced+warfighter+2+de mo&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl&p_sort_by=dflt)

Also Once you have got your self sorted out please re post and let us know what worked, this will help other members in the forum.Plaer Demo Windows XP Feed Back

RLCSeMPeRFi
07-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Just woke up and saw this on Fileplanet wewt. DL now.

gersson
07-05-2007, 05:29 PM
::Claps::

Great! What GRAW 1 should have been.
Nice demo -- I like the tweaks -- especially the fact that the enemies are no longer ALL sharpshooters. I played the game on normal and felt right (easy for me, of course) didn't feel like a bunch of privates being owned by ELITE mexican sharpshooters like in GRAW 1.

BRAVO! I'll definitely buy upon release.

ThumperDFN
07-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Nice SP demo! Great work GRIN! I could do without the nags from the team, though. They should wait for commands instead of asking for them.
Still trying to clear the last Mexico Men off the bridge! LOL!

pc_load_letter
07-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I was up near an artillery piece when I began throwing some smoke grenades when I received the following error after a crash to desktop...

Crash in application version: 30132.2637

data\lib\units\types\weapons\smokegrenade.dsf(-1): cant find member: set_position in type <destroyed c++class>

SCRIPT STACK:
data\lib\units\types\weapons\smokegrenade.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded
Physics : threaded

Windows XP SP2

Custom machine

DEMO SP

Search and destroy

The first mission

CPU= AMD x2 +4800

GPU= Nvidia 8800 GTX

On board realtek audio

Again, I was just throwing some smoke grenades at one of the artillery pieces. I thought it was an explosive charge as the mission goal was to blow the arty pieces.

Thanks,

PCLL

Darksx
07-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Well I have to say the demo was absolutely awesome. But I have one grip and that's the crosscom is still crappy. The wireframe has got to go this new one even though it looks better is still no good. I'll never use it if I can see what they are seeing then its pretty much useless, and seeing a wireframe view does not cut it at all. I might as well be an Engineer cause that's how they view the world. Sorry Ubi nice try on the crosscom but I would rather wait another 3 months for you all to fix this then to have it released in its current unusable state.

gersson
07-06-2007, 08:37 AM
I remember reading about how the crosscom feature is very taxing so if we DID have the crosscom, you'd be pretty pissed @ the performance you would get. The Xbox360 states the ability to show a window within games as a feature so maybe it's pretty fancy.

dirtyharry1020
07-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I also got the crash at the same location when the chopper comes in to drop off it's load. I didn't throw any grenades or anything just started shooting.

Error reads:

data\lib\units\types\weapons\smokegrenade.dsf(-1): cant find member: set_position in type <destroyed c++class>

SCRIPT STACK:
data\lib\units\types\weapons\smokegrenade.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded
Physics : threaded

Although this didn't happen when I reloaded the game...it only seems to happen when you play the level from the start.

RLCSeMPeRFi
07-06-2007, 12:48 PM
***FEEDBACK***

Friendly AI is still ******ed. Roughly 7 of 10 times I played the demo, 1 man would not follow orders and instead just hung out at the drop zone. Insubordination punishable by death.

Want2Snipe
07-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch or bug but I thought I would share it with you guys in hopes that it helps others.

This are my system specs

EVGA 680i SLI Mobo (9.53 Nforce drivers)
Intel E6300 1.86Ghz (taken to 2.10ghz)
OCZ SLI 2GB RAM 1066Mhz
Audigy Sound Card
(2) 7800 GTX O/C in SLI (94.24 drivers now)
400GB SATA Drive 7200.10
Acer 22" Widescreen 16:10 1680x1050 @ 60hz

OK, after installing the game, I went to the options to set my controls, video & audio.

First nag for me was that I found the little fact that the control options only my G7 mouse to use 2 buttons which means that I have to get out of the game and bind the keyboard key on my Logitech setpoint... a little annoying bug if you ask me seeing as how these New Generation games should work with the majority of the mouses out there.

Second, I choose 16:10 aspect ratio and 1680x1050 resolution and it took me a while for the default 4:3 of the system to let me change it. As soon as I started the game and the Video clip starts, the video froze, the sound kept playing for a little bit (normal decibels and then it seems to lower the decibels) to finally end up on a cold restart.

OK, let me continue here by saying that at the time, I was using TweakRUs 16215 Video drivers for my 2 cards and I have been playing Vegas and other games for days now.

I started the game again, went to the video options and change my res to 1280x 720 @ 16:9 just to see if that did it... Nope! same deal, although, this time, the sound went for a bit longer than the first time.

3rd time is the charm right?, Nope joy, back to the video options, change it to 1280x1024 @16:10, same frozen video, sound playing longer than before but this time windows took over and it gave me an error about NV4_disp being corrupted or something of that nature (Could copy/paste the erros as my machine froze completely and the only way out was a cold boot!)

So, this time, I went to slizone.com, look for the latest Nvidia driver, uninstalled the other ones, reboot, install the Nvidia 94.24 drivers and set the res in the game at 1280x1024 @ 4:3 and this time... the video played and the game started fine but it was already like 11:45 pm, I was tired so I stopped there.

I have yet to try other settings but I'm baffled as to the why that happened but glad I got it going. As soon as I get home I will try my LCD's native resolution 1650x1080 @ 16:10 to see if I can go in and play.

sorry for the rant, just wanted to let you know that sometimes, even working drivers can get corrupt and you need to change them in order to play some of these new gen games. I am also going to try to go back to those drivers with a fresh install to see if I can play the game as well.

ColinCJ
07-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback so far, just a reminder, please post system specs when posting this is really important.
This thread is checked every day by devs.

Steeev
07-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Liking this demo - especially the weapons options for the sniper. Just done the single player demo solo with a surpressed rifle. Lots of fun!

I also like the way you can swap weapons on the battlefield.

It has taken some features of the XBox 360 game, but kept it's PC seriousness (IMO the XBox game is far too arcade)

Game has been coded properly, and doesn't feel like a console port.

SPECS:

Abit K8V Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64M 3400+
1 Gb Corsair XMS Platinum RAM.
512Mb Gainward Bliss 7800GS+ AGP
Creative Audigy Platinum Ex
250Gb Samsung Spinrite HDD

No real performance problems - seems to run faster than GRAW I.
FRAPS reports average of 30 fps @ 1600x1200 everything maxed except for ageia physics and AF is at 8x.

A bit of lag when running through smoke (18-25 fps), or large explosions, but then my PC is decidedly low-mid range.

Nice work - preordered already! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

baff6
07-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by gersson:
I remember reading about how the crosscom feature is very taxing so if we DID have the crosscom, you'd be pretty pissed @ the performance you would get. The Xbox360 states the ability to show a window within games as a feature so maybe it's pretty fancy.
Bethseda's Terminator game did it in 1994 on my Trio S3 1 MB video card.

cardinalhayes
07-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Just got the SP demow working; I had to update the drivers for my sound card. Demo played perfectly. I enjoyed the improved graphics, the ability to pickup dropped weapons, and last but not least, the ability to "save" the game when not under fire.

My rig:

Windows XP Professional
ProcessOr: Intel Core 2 Extreme Qx6700
Motherboard: wVGA nForce 680i SLI
Memory: Corsair 2GB DDR2-800
Video card: GeForce 8800 GTX (1)
Sound card: Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Music

Ioa_vas78
07-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I just got this message after grenading the rebel humvi (the one nearby the fixed gun possition) and taking out three or four rebels:

"Error in Application

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\smovelogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: _pos in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:
data\lib\units\ai\soldier\smovelogics.dsf(0)
data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)
data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)
data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal
Physics : threaded"

My setup is the following:

AMD athlon 64
3200+
2.20 Ghz
1 GB RAM
Radeon 1950pro AGP x8
SB Audigy 4

It is an old computer but it has been playing the demo just fine in 1024*768 with everything in normal.

ColinCJ
07-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Ioa_vas78:
I just got this message after grenading the rebel humvi (the one nearby the fixed gun possition) and taking out three or four rebels:

"Error in Application

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\smovelogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: _pos in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK:
data\lib\units\ai\soldier\smovelogics.dsf(0)
data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)
data\level\level.dsf(0)

Renderer: normal
Physics : threaded"

My setup is the following:

AMD athlon 64
3200+
2.20 Ghz
1 GB RAM
Radeon 1950pro AGP x8
SB Audigy 4

It is an old computer but it has been playing the demo just fine in 1024*768 with everything in normal.
I would seriously put another gig ram in your system, I am not saying this is the cause but it will eleviate many problems encountered with games in general.

cardinalhayes
07-09-2007, 11:29 PM
I do have 2 gigs, I made a typo listing my memory. Thanks for you input; good luck playing GRAW 2.

Saloei
07-11-2007, 05:35 PM
this game was to easy. i played the demo in hard. the enemy isn't to quick to react to your presence as the first game. i have enough time to not only approach the enemy on a face to face combat, but also raise my weapon and yawn before i press the trigger. i recall in the first GRAW demo, i never had a chance when i tried to run across a street. i was shot down before before i made it to the sidewalk. i ran all across those mountains. their accuracy isn't as good as the first. it was the enemy's difficulty in GRAW1 which made the game appealing.

ColinCJ
07-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Grin have all the info in this section now thank you very much for posting replies.