PDA

View Full Version : Corsair pucker-factor



RPMcMurphy
12-26-2008, 07:22 PM
I geuss I'm getting the hang of this carrier stuff, and I am training myself to use the instruments in realistic mode.
I wish I could get rid of that heading display that is in the LL corner. I wish I could also get rid of ALL the displays that pop-up: "Flaps", "power," etc.
Heres a clip I uploaded this afternoon. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2ZdUCU5Te8

Freiwillige
12-26-2008, 08:03 PM
There is a ay to get the "FLaps powers etc" removed in the config file. Cant remember for sure but its something like (Hudlog) and you change the 1 to a 0 or vice versa. Its difficult for sure!

Uncle_Stranger
12-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Hey they RPMcMurphy.
There is a program called IL-2 Shturmovik Stab which allows you to tun off these things.

bmoffa
12-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Why are you turning the engine off? If you miss the wires you are screwed? Or, do you just like the challenge of dead stick carrier landings?

dirkpit7
12-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by bmoffa:
Why are you turning the engine off? If you miss the wires you are screwed? Or, do you just like the challenge of dead stick carrier landings?

The plane obviously has empty fuel tank, you can see the out of fuel message at the beginning of each flight.

RPMcMurphy
12-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Uncle_Stranger:
Hey they RPMcMurphy.
There is a program called IL-2 Shturmovik Stab which allows you to tun off these things.

Thanks Sir, I'll check that out.

@bmoffa,
dirkpit7 is right, I set the fuel tank to empty so my engine would die right away and yes I was just doing deadsticks for the chalenge. I was just goofing-off and I'm into gliding for some reason.
And your right alright; you miss the cables and your going swimmin. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Fireball_
12-27-2008, 10:31 AM
For the heading in the lower left, if you assign a key to the 'Toggle Speedbar' control, you can just cycle through til the heading is off.

Stingray333
12-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by bmoffa:
Why are you turning the engine off? If you miss the wires you are screwed? Or, do you just like the challenge of dead stick carrier landings?

I think this mission is part of a mission pack called "For good pilots", available at Mission4Today. The missions are usually non typical missions that involve difficult/tricky/challenging flying scenarios to test those who consider themselves "good pilots". This mission is one to land a corsair on a carrier when you are out of fuel, so the engine stops right away and you have enough altitude to make an approach.

Stingray

RPMcMurphy
12-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Stingray333:
[
I think this mission is part of a mission pack called "For good pilots", available at Mission4Today. The missions are usually non typical missions that involve difficult/tricky/challenging flying scenarios to test those who consider themselves "good pilots". This mission is one to land a corsair on a carrier when you are out of fuel, so the engine stops right away and you have enough altitude to make an approach.

Stingray

I made the mission real quick on FMB, I never have tried what you are talking about Stingray.

Waldo.Pepper
12-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Stevie Wonder could land on that thing Murph. For God's sake use a smaller carrier. Like the Casablanca or the Limey one at least!

RPMcMurphy
12-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Stevie Wonder could land on that thing Murph. For God's sake use a smaller carrier. Like the Casablanca or the Limey one at least!
Oh man I never thought of that.
It'll be all your fault now if they find me barracaded in my house a week from now attempting to land on those lttle damned sonofa*****in painintheass aircraft carriers.

bmoffa
12-28-2008, 07:23 AM
On the missed wire thing...

I believe back then, they had a big net stretched across the deck to catch planes that missed the wires. That was because there would have been other plans recovered earlier stacked up forward to be taken below with the forward elevator. A little different than the way it's done today.