PDA

View Full Version : Snake vs. Altair

ThePheonix1030
06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Solid Snake has some sweet CQC techniques and Altair is just a badass assassin. Who do you think is better? Or who will win in a fight? Now I know that Assassin's Creed is yet to be released and it's kind of hard to debate on since we haven't played it yet, but just look Altair's skills in the lonely souls trailer. Picture them battling in a city similar to Atair, but different so that Altair doesn't have the advantage of knowing the environment. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif My money is on Snake...he's the best http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

SmokehtheFirst
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Dude... you're on an Assassin's Creed message board. Odds are people are going to place their money on Altair, here.

silentassasin05
06-11-2007, 02:07 PM
As pointless as the theme is, i would have to back Snake. Everytime, i would favour him.

cudbug
06-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Altair all the way

Ahiru2005
06-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Well, Snake does have guns. He'd take Altair out before he could get close enough to shank him. Snake would probably hide in a box

Kadosho
06-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Could picture the two meeting, and having fistcuffs. The future meets the past. Both men have gadgets, yet also have borne skills and strengths. This is a tough one.

Thumper1980
06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Snake, hands down.
He's like a seasoned soldier, Altair bodges his FIRST ever mission.
pfft.

Anicrow
06-12-2007, 02:25 AM
-Fight Round 1-

Snake throws the box off himself hitting altair with a tranq dart.

Ryden (Is that his name? The blonde one from MGS2) is later seen dragging Altair to a locker for >.> <.<

-Fight Round 2-

Altair wakes up in an awkward pose with snake. (Yeah Awkward)

Whips out his finger knife-majigger and stabs Ryden in the thigh, then runs off in embarassment crying like a girl that got egged in her prom dress by her - (You get the point)

- Fight Round 3-

Snake uses the power of box to desquise himself as a box which altair was sitting on crying, at which point he pops out and they make up and decide that they're both too godly and just go assassinate the entire ..mmm...Northern Korean Government. For being commi-christians.

- End -

That's about how it would go. I'm not saying Altair's a cry baby, I'd cry too if Ryden date raped me.

It's the manly thing to.

danny.b87
06-12-2007, 04:39 AM
altair would win
altair has powers to see his target in crowds of people so he sees snake entering a house well altair climbs up that house all stealthy and all then snake is searching for altair with his vision thing on his gun but he doesnt know altair is above his head ready to attack
and thennnnn BANG! altair jump secret dagger out boemm right in snakes neck or something then the snake is dead and altair just blends in with the crowd again

and look at snake.. haha he looks old and altair is still young and verry flexible

chicko1983
06-12-2007, 04:52 AM
cloud from FFVII would beat them both hands down, have you seen his sword?!

Anubis14_360
06-12-2007, 05:07 AM
This is so stupid. Put it this way, there both in forest (or something) and all they have is a sword.
Altair would win because he is from the 3rd crusade.
Were, all they have is swords , 2 they have to rely on them self's not on a gun or something that can kill there target from 5km away,

Kamiks
06-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by danny.b87:
altair would win
altair has powers to see his target in crowds of people so he sees snake entering a house well altair climbs up that house all stealthy and all then snake is searching for altair with his vision thing on his gun but he doesnt know altair is above his head ready to attack
and thennnnn BANG! altair jump secret dagger out boemm right in snakes neck or something then the snake is dead and altair just blends in with the crowd again

and look at snake.. haha he looks old and altair is still young and verry flexible

Who said this battle will be placed and fought the way you said? It's just a battle, not an advantage for Altair in every way. I could just as well make a scenario where Altair is looking for Snake in a room, but he is disguised in a box, then he shoots Altair.

But it's just a normal fight, no special scenario, just Altair's skills vs Snake's. And I believe Snake very much takes this, even unarmed.
After all, defeating Gray Fox (who is superior to Altair in every single way, may it be sneaking or fighting, physical skills or marksmanship), pwning soldiers of his age in masses (while Altair cannot fight that many at all without needing to flee), as well as enhanced soldiers and supernatural beings.

Altair is an assassin of the third crusades,while skilled, only that. It's like asking an archer to beat a Navy Seal.

Anubis14_360
06-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Finally fantasy sucks. If we are all going to put in random hero's, the hell with I will put in the master chief, that guy from the darkness, link form Zelda,.
Now Egypt gods Anubis, Ra, Isis, Osiris, Horus, Set, Nut, Apophis, Hathor
As a team

Wanted_David
06-12-2007, 05:42 AM
i don't really know who'd win, because (like everything in life) of the circumstances. If Altair would be behind Snake while we was eating an ice-cream, then Altair would:
a) slick his throat
b) sink his switchblade in his back
c) join him by eating an ice-cream too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

you see, circumstances are really important... if you ask me who'd win, i say get some ice-cream http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Tirinel
06-12-2007, 05:50 AM
OH MY God. Altair.

nick0szZ
06-12-2007, 07:22 AM
this is totally unlogical, they are from differend times, of course snake would win, he has technology, nothing beats a gun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

but, in a hand to hand combat, no knife's or guns or stuff, i think altair would win, according to the fact that he has much more hand to hand combat experience because he always uses his sword, and i think that people from the middle age are fysical much stronger and more ruthless and stuff

moqqy
06-12-2007, 07:35 AM
"and i think that people from the middle age are fysical much stronger and more ruthless and stuff"

lol.........

but two different games lal how wud u kno?? but if you took the two to reality it would be altair since snake is like 2000 years old already

chicko1983
06-12-2007, 07:45 AM
what about shaq from nba live 06 or barry bonds from mlb '99, theyre both huge and athletic and armed with sporting equipment.
what about jack sparrow, hes a pirate.
what about abe from abe's odysee, he had mind control.
what about professor x for that matter, no, what about jean grey as phoenix...

Kamiks
06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Ok, those who say Altair takes it in unarmed combat, what have you got? One quote that says he is skilled in it? Well,Snake got a "hellofalot" more than that.

Defeating Gray Fox unarmed, a cyborg ninja capable of moving faster than the eye can see,lifting the moving foot of a 30m high tank, being invisible and having a steel exoskelleton protecting him, which bullets have a hard time penetrating.

Defeating "four horsemen" soldier. He had the strength of four soldiers, as well as being one of the best unarmed fighters ever.

Yeah, I bet Altair beats that because he "is skilled" in unarmed combat. /sarcasm

moqqy
06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
No hahah kamiks noob didn't you play metal gear solid 1 snake only got like 1 kind of punch and 1 kind of kick HES A NOOB FFS

knife_X
06-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Snake sucks snake balls hes a noob even a little papillion could kick hes ***, neither less Altair!

moqqy
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Ah but Snake can take 100 bullets before dying tho.. =(

knife_X
06-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by moqqy:

well yeah, but if you cut hes head of taking 1000 bullets wont help...

moqqy
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by knife_X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

well yeah, but if you cut hes head of taking 1000 bullets wont help... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>if he can take 100 bullets to head surely he can take a few cuts

knife_X
06-12-2007, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knife_X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by moqqy:

well yeah, but if you cut hes head of taking 1000 bullets wont help... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>if he can take 100 bullets to head surely he can take a few cuts </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when hes head is off? yeah explain that one unless hes a zombie!

Kamiks
06-12-2007, 10:37 AM
No hahah kamiks noob didn't you play metal gear solid 1 snake only got like 1 kind of punch and 1 kind of kick HES A NOOB FFS

"Lol!!111! Omg, haha, I'm rowwng..."

Please, learn to spell before calling someone a noob. First, stop dealing in gameplay. If we did, Snake can still take 200 bullets to the head seeing how he can have 10 rations that fill up his health. Also, how many kinds of punches has Altair shown us? Oh.. that's right, NONE!

If you think a little, you'll come to realise that Snake does not only have one kind of punch. Think realistically, do you only have one kind of punch? Since we haven't seen Altair pee, does that mean he doesn't ever pee? Use logic please.

These damn Altair fanboys, you haven't even shown a case for Altair, you just downplay Snake. I've already put up some facts that are enough for him to win, and you bring in these stupid gameplay things. They cannot be taken seriously, or else, if Snake died, he could press "continue" and live again. Doesn't work that way.

moqqy
06-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Kamiks:

Please, learn to spell before calling someone a noob. First, stop dealing in gameplay. If we did, Snake can still take 200 bullets to the head seeing how he can have 10 rations that fill up his health. Also, how many kinds of punches has Altair shown us? Oh.. that's right, NONE!

If you think a little, you'll come to realise that Snake does not only have one kind of punch. Think realistically, do you only have one kind of punch? Since we haven't seen Altair pee, does that mean he doesn't ever pee? Use logic please.

These damn Altair fanboys, you haven't even shown a case for Altair, you just downplay Snake. I've already put up some facts that are enough for him to win, and you bring in these stupid gameplay things. They cannot be taken seriously, or else, if Snake died, he could press "continue" and live again. Doesn't work that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my sarcasmcat wrote that........

and lmao, you make urself look like a geek :P you talk about how the gameplay things cant be taken seriously .......... WTF THEY ARE GAME CHARACTERS ARE THEY NOT?? THEY DO NOT EXIST IN REAL LIFE.. i repeat (without caps) that they do not exist in real world. so all these X vs X threads are silly. It's all about how the game developers make the characters look -.-

so...

"If you think a little, you'll come to realise that Snake does not only have one kind of punch. Think realistically, do you only have one kind of punch? Since we haven't seen Altair pee, does that mean he doesn't ever pee? Use logic please."

Realistically? It's a game character, in the game he has one kind of punch. goodgame nice nades die please thank you. use logic please

"Also, how many kinds of punches has Altair shown us? Oh.. that's right, NONE!"

Quite a few, watch trailers, at least he can use his elbow.. elbows own.

I repeat again, this is why game characters cannot "fight". Because the other "non-realistic" will always "win". Since he can take million punches.

"These damn Altair fanboys, you haven't even shown a case for Altair, you just downplay Snake. I've already put up some facts that are enough for him to win, and you bring in these stupid gameplay things. They cannot be taken seriously, or else, if Snake died, he could press "continue" and live again. Doesn't work that way."
LMAO... youre a snake fanboy, you defend his fighting abilities like hes a real person.
And again, game characters cannot fight. You could only talk about "x vs x" if it was a fighting game and you could actually fight them

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Kamiks
06-12-2007, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kamiks:

These damn Altair fanboys, you haven't even shown a case for Altair, you just downplay Snake. I've already put up some facts that are enough for him to win, and you bring in these stupid gameplay things. They cannot be taken seriously, or else, if Snake died, he could press "continue" and live again. Doesn't work that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and lmao, you make urself look like a geek :P you talk about how the gameplay things cant be taken seriously .......... WTF THEY ARE GAME CHARACTERS ARE THEY NOT?? THEY DO NOT EXIST IN REAL LIFE.. i repeat (without caps) that they do not exist in real world. so all these X vs X threads are silly. It's all about how the game developers make the characters look -.-

so...

"If you think a little, you'll come to realise that Snake does not only have one kind of punch. Think realistically, do you only have one kind of punch? Since we haven't seen Altair pee, does that mean he doesn't ever pee? Use logic please."

Realistically? It's a game character, in the game he has one kind of punch. goodgame nice nades die please thank you. use logic please

I repeat again, this is why game characters cannot "fight". Because the other "non-realistic" will always "win". Since he can take million punches.

"These damn Altair fanboys, you haven't even shown a case for Altair, you just downplay Snake. I've already put up some facts that are enough for him to win, and you bring in these stupid gameplay things. They cannot be taken seriously, or else, if Snake died, he could press "continue" and live again. Doesn't work that way."
LMAO... youre a snake fanboy, you defend his fighting abilities like hes a real person.
And again, game characters cannot fight. You could only talk about "x vs x" if it was a fighting game and you could actually fight them

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a damn idiot you know that? By gameplay, do you have the slightest clue of what I'm talking about? I don't think you have..

Games, just as any book or film, has a storyline. Just because it is a game, people can't go take the freedom and say "it's only a game, so I don't care what you say. I could do this and that, so that's that". Gameplay is what the player experiences for pleasure. It is what you play, and the entire game is up to you. Because it should not be impossible, you have things such as health, magics and other attacks. These however, do not have to be a part of the story, unless it is specified.

Now get this into your head, because Snake can take 200 shots in the head in gameplay doesn't mean he could do that realistically, canonically, anything we ****ing arguel. God, I don't know to how many people I have to explain this kind of thing. We have a storyline to follow, just like any book, just like any film. That means, in the cut scenes (which are a part of it, which means that it is canon), we see Snake fearing to get shot, and he cannot get shot even once. So that's final, he can be shot many times, because the game should not be impossible to play to newbies. THAT IS GAMEPLAY. "I repeat, without caps". That is gameplay.

Now, if you've gotten this, and is not acting like a brick wall, you'll see that Snake does not only have one punch, neither does Altair. We HAVE to think of them canonically, and realistically, not because they are game characters, but because THAT IS THEIR CANONICAL APPEARANCE. Would he say "Snake in gameplay vs Altair in gameplay", I would shut up, but now he didn't, so... Tough luck!

And instead of blabbering on about this, maybe you could make a case for Altair, other than "a quote says he's leet".

Micheal_Yar
06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
wouldn't really matter who'd win. Once one killed the other , The Prince of Persia comes in and kills the remaining guy. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Kamiks
06-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Lol, yeah, it doesn't really matter who wins. But I believe it is Snake, and no one has proved to me why he wouldn't, they just downplay what I say, which makes this a kind of boring debate. :/

moqqy
06-12-2007, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kamiks:

so...

You are a damn idiot you know that? By gameplay, do you have the slightest clue of what I'm talking about? I don't think you have..

Games, just as any book or film, has a storyline. Just because it is a game, people can't go take the freedom and say "it's only a game, so I don't care what you say. I could do this and that, so that's that". Gameplay is what the player experiences for pleasure. It is what you play, and the entire game is up to you. Because it should not be impossible, you have things such as health, magics and other attacks. These however, do not have to be a part of the story, unless it is specified.

Now get this into your head, because Snake can take 200 shots in the head in gameplay doesn't mean he could do that realistically, canonically, anything we ****ing arguel. God, I don't know to how many people I have to explain this kind of thing. We have a storyline to follow, just like any book, just like any film. That means, in the cut scenes (which are a part of it, which means that it is canon), we see Snake fearing to get shot, and he cannot get shot even once. So that's final, he can be shot many times, because the game should not be impossible to play to newbies. THAT IS GAMEPLAY. "I repeat, without caps". That is gameplay.

Now, if you've gotten this, and is not acting like a brick wall, you'll see that Snake does not only have one punch, neither does Altair. We HAVE to think of them canonically, and realistically, not because they are game characters, but because THAT IS THEIR CANONICAL APPEARANCE. Would he say "Snake in gameplay vs Altair in gameplay", I would shut up, but now he didn't, so... Tough luck!

And instead of blabbering on about this, maybe you could make a case for Altair, other than "a quote says he's leet". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
omg ure so smart http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

i never said altair is leet did i.. didnt.....
we do not know **** about altair or snake other than the gameplay, so yet again impossible to say. i only played metalgear solid 1, so i don't know about stuff you said. but if it's true, then of course "non gameplay wise" snake would win hands down - since other game focuses for realism and other doesn't

Kamiks
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM

so...

And instead of blabbering on about this, maybe you could make a case for Altair, other than "a quote says he's leet". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
omg ure so smart http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

we do not know **** about altair or snake other than the gameplay, so yet again impossible to say. i only played metalgear solid 1, so i don't know about stuff you said. but if it's true, then of course "non gameplay wise" snake would win hands down - since other game focuses for realism and other doesn't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh... I'm speechless. I thought I would get the worst curses I had ever heard back at me. But you were bigger then that, well I'm impressed.Most wouldn't say something like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks, yeah, if it's not gameplay then I believe Snake wins. If it is then Snake might be in trouble if he only knew one single combo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

tailstriker
06-12-2007, 12:03 PM
The problem is that AC is realistic, whereas MGS is not. Putting realistic limits on him greatly reduces his ability to fight against another video game char that has (almost) no limits.

If the fight was between a real life 3rd crusade assassin and a cia/seal dude I am not quite sure who would win. Pretty sure the 3rd crusader would be stronger, but the snake dude would probably have better head knowledge of how to fight (ie. actual arts etc).

moqqy
06-12-2007, 12:03 PM

so...

we do not know **** about altair or snake other than the gameplay, so yet again impossible to say. i only played metalgear solid 1, so i don't know about stuff you said. but if it's true, then of course "non gameplay wise" snake would win hands down - since other game focuses for realism and other doesn't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh... I'm speechless. I thought I would get the worst curses I had ever heard back at me. But you where bigger then that, well I'm impressed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks, yeah, if it's not gameplay then I believe Snake wins. If it is then Snake might be in trouble if he only knew one single combo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there's no believing then if snake can beat a cyborg ninja uber god that moves faster than eye can see and is stronger than hercules... altair ( as realism based character ) can't do anything...

and btw kamiks, since you seem to play MGS series, how old is snake now? i stopped after MGS1 since i don't own PS2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

( MGS 1 THE game on PS1 tbh.. i still remember when you were at jail and you could fake a diarree )

Kamiks
06-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Snake as of MGS 4, is actually only 42 years old. (or 43, don't remember). But he is a clone, so he has some faster accelerating aging process, which means that he gets old, and fast. Right now, he is in the state of a maybe 70-80 year old. That Snake would probably lose an unarmed duel with Altair. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif (Though he's still damn skilled)

DarkCrawler90
06-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Snake is not only master of unarmed combat, he is also one of the greatest soldiers who have ever lived, has superhuman attributes and more importantly, he has guns. Lots of them.

Altair dies.

Kamiks
06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by DarkCrawler90:
Snake is not only master of unarmed combat, he is also one of the greatest soldiers who have ever lived, has superhuman attributes and more importantly, he has guns. Lots of them.

Altair dies.

Very true. A few quotes to confirm it...

(For those unfamiliar with Metal Gear, Solidus Snake and Solid Snake are NOT the same person)

Solidus Snake - "S3 stands for, Solid Snake Simulation. A project to artificially reproduce Solid Snake, the perfect warrior".

Solidus Snake - "The one to surpass Big Boss himself, Solid Snake". (Big Boss was the best soldier in history up until this point)

A common saying.... "The man who makes the impossible possible, Solid Snake".

ElKvass
06-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Solid Snake, Solidus Snake and Liquid Snake were all creations of a project called "Les infantiles terribles" (french for the terrible children or something) The project was to create clones of the greatest solider of all times namely the Big Boss or snake eater which was his code name.

Solid Snake was sent to america to get his training, Solidus Snake was sent to asia and Liquid snake was sent to britain(I think)

To make a looooong story short Solidus Snake and Liquid Snake ended up as badass evil guys and Solid Snake turned out to become a badass good guy.

And back to the actual question: I think that Snake would have won because he's too much of a badass and even if he hadn't had a gun he would still be good at CQC(close quarter combat). Actually I'm just saying he would win because he's my all time favorite game character.

ThePheonix1030
06-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ElKvass:
Solid Snake, Solidus Snake and Liquid Snake were all creations of a project called "Les infantiles terribles" (french for the terrible children or something) The project was to create clones of the greatest solider of all times namely the Big Boss or snake eater which was his code name.

Solid Snake was sent to america to get his training, Solidus Snake was sent to asia and Liquid snake was sent to britain(I think)

To make a looooong story short Solidus Snake and Liquid Snake ended up as badass evil guys and Solid Snake turned out to become a badass good guy.

And back to the actual question: I think that Snake would have won because he's too much of a badass and even if he hadn't had a gun he would still be good at CQC(close quarter combat). Actually I'm just saying he would win because he's my all time favorite game character.

Me too, that's why I wanted to start this discussion. Snake is a god!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Can't wait til MGS4!!! I'm not sure if Liquid came from Britain either... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Anicrow
06-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I revise my previous and say that

Assassin's creed appears to be coming out before MGS4 Now (After how many push backs for both?)

Also, AC is mutli-console/PC

MGS4 is exclusive to PS3

So from a consumer standpoint, Altair wins.

But I don't think any game will make me was patriotic feeling as Snake Eater did.

I wanted to cry but I was too damn proud to.

:| PS FFX made me cry, so **** off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Agent_Alpha
06-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Big Boss would beat Altair every time, but it would be very close (and not even Chuck Norris can fight Big Boss in a 'Close' fight)

moqqy
06-13-2007, 12:18 AM
i thought this was kinda clear already.. its like asking if a jedi would beat altair

lady_fate
06-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Altair did not destroyed a WALKING GIANT NUKLEAR TANK. He would give a good fight to Snake, but in the end, the son of BIG BOSS would prevail.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Agent_Alpha
06-14-2007, 12:01 AM
WTF THEY ARE GAME CHARACTERS ARE THEY NOT?? THEY DO NOT EXIST IN REAL LIFE.. i repeat (without caps) that they do not exist in real world.

Thats exactly what Big Boss WANTS you to think.

Anicrow
06-14-2007, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Agent_Alpha:
WTF THEY ARE GAME CHARACTERS ARE THEY NOT?? THEY DO NOT EXIST IN REAL LIFE.. i repeat (without caps) that they do not exist in real world.

Thats exactly what Big Boss WANTS you to think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best one liner in this entire post.

pillaysteven
06-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Never really saw the point of these threads... suppose people are bored... and I'm in the same situation so thought I'd add a comment http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

I think it's a bit unfair to compare them just yet... I mean Snake has had three games for us to see all his different abilities, strengths and weaknesses (if you count Big Boss = Snake).

We haven't seen much (in comparison) of Altair... I mean maybe he can hide under boxes too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif jok.

Also it's unlikely we will ever see the same amount of Altair as I doubt very much there'll be an AC2 (maybe another creed game but not assassin).

Not including gameplay... I mean take social stealth... Altair can do it but can Snake... you could go on for ever here but it's a bit hard to know all the abilites of both characters for a fair comparison. Altair can climb buildings, can Snake? He can't in gameplay but in real life (you know what I mean)...?

Side note: I saw a something from one of the posts that Altair botched his first mission... no he didn't... he was a master assassin so he had other missions before that. Then he gets his abilities (special gloves, boots etc) stripped away.

I'll wait until I play Assassin's Creed for a fairer (but not fair) comparison.

Adramalech90
06-14-2007, 07:30 AM
MC wud kill them both

Beren111
06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
sam fisher would kill them both

knife_X
06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Beren111:

Agreed!

And this is the best one liner in the entire topic!

Adramalech90
06-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by knife_X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beren111:

Agreed!

And this is the best one liner in the entire topic! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
no way sam fishers to old plus master chief will already of killed em and him http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Beren111
06-15-2007, 11:32 AM
sam fisher is not old hes seasoned and besides mc would never see sam comin remember off the radar mc would get himself assasinated by fisher

SplinterCell_37
06-16-2007, 06:54 AM
LOL! Okay, okay, let's get this straight.

Solid Snake vs Altair vs Sam Fisher vs Master Chief

1. We're dealing with about 4 different time periods here...one for each character. Let's put them all into one time - we'll use Sam Fisher's, as that is the closest to ours.

2. Different ages. Sam Fisher is the oldest with Solid Snake up second, I believe. So we're going to put them all in the 20-30 range. They keep their experience though.

3. We're going to strip away super powers here and focus on training and skill. Altair has no super powers, so we'll leave him alone. Neither does Sam Fisher. Master Chief loses his armour and his genetic upgrades, Solid Snake loses...okay I don't know much about Snake but apparently he's a genetic clone and enhanced, so we'll make him a normal human.

What we're left with is two super-spies with guns, stealth training and CQC training. Snake's CQC training is superior.
We have one Spartan-esque soldier, also excellent in hand-to-hand but not the best, but is deadly with a weapon and has sharp reflexes from his training from youth.
We also have one assassin, elite in the art of motion, incredibly fast and has deadly accuracy (as shown in the E3 trailer where he kills a guard with a crossbow without aiming properly...that would have been a difficult shot for the most skilled marksman). He has physical superiority out of all of them except possibly Sam Fisher, as they were both trained to be able to scale walls.

So, to get it straight:

AGILITY:
Solid Snake - The typical moves, can move very fast but is more accustomed to make across two dimensions as opposed to vertically. As far as I know. And ladders don't count.
Sam Fisher - Trained gymnast who can scale walls and crawl along pipes horizontal pipes with ease.
Altair - Well, I think we all know :P Parkour professional.
Master Chief - We know little about his agility, just that he has training in it.

FIGHTING SKILL:
Solid Snake - VERY good, as we've discussed before. He destroyed a huge Robot and totally kicked a lot of people's butts. Very well trained in CQC, etc.
Sam Fisher - Apparently trained in the arts of Kama something, but only displays basic techniques in-game. However, these techniques seem to work quickly and effectively.
Altair - Very skilled in close quarter combat because, well, he has a spring-loaded blade up his sleeve. Also expert with a sword and his elbows as the UbiDays trailer showed us. Uses the enemy's tactics to his advantage, very defensive and focuses on counter-attacks.
Master Chief - Fighting skill? What? He just uses melee. :P Just kidding. Spartan 458(?) shows us that Spartans CAN fight quite well, but there is little focus on this.

WEAPONS AND WEAPONARY SKILL:
Solid Snake - is a good shot (Is he a perfect marksman? I don't know, someone might have to tell me on this) and uses a vast array of guns. I've never seen him use a sword though, but he has a knife.
Sam Fisher - is also a good shot, it mostly depends on the players skill but we're ignoring that for now. Never seen handling a sword, but has a knife.
Altair - Deadly accuracy (can aim a lethal shot at the neck within a second), has a knife up his sleeve, can wield a sword with fatal outcomes.
Master Chief - Excellent shot with a gun, rarely seen with a sword - and those instances are only with Covenant plasma swords which don't handle like a sword anyway.

So what do we know?

1. A lot of the battle depends on the ENVIRONMENT...if it is primarily vertical and there are no guns, then Altair and Sam Fisher will be the prime contestants (and Altair will win).

2. A lot depends on the weapons...if this is a close-quarter-combat situation, Altair and Snake would be on top with an unpredictable outcome, albeit one that is tilted in Snake's favour. However, if it relies on guns, Master Chief would probably be the victor with Altair second and the other two equal last.

ADVANTAGES:
Altair wins on accuracy, CQC and agility.
Snake wins on accuracy and CQC.
Sam Fisher wins on accuracy and agility.
Master Chief wins on accuracy only.

DISADVANTAGES:
Altair loses on experience with modern weaponry.
Snake loses on agility.
Sam Fisher loses on speed.
Master Chief loses on CQC.

(For the advantages I covered SIGNIFICANT wins, and for disadvantages only significant loses. So anything unmentioned in either is a good point but not their best.)

Pretty well rounded match eh? That'd be one hell of a battle.

For now, we're going to eliminate Master Chief as he has more significant weaknesses than the others (Can only do gunplay, nothing more). Of course, where this a match of gunplay, MC would have won. But it's not, for now.

So that leaves us with second to the bottom, Sam Fisher. He's an excellent stealth operative and would no doubt win in a battle of shadows. But in this battle, what does he have in his favour? His combat experience, his agility, his gunplay and his limited knowledge of CQC. Seeing as Snake has combat experience, a little less agility, better or possibly matched gunplay, and better CQC, Snake wins on a battle perspective. (Fisher is still the stealth king and would have Snake dead in seconds if it were a mission and not a battle. :P)

So with two contestants eliminated, Master Chief and Sam Fisher, we have left our original fight: Snake vs Altair.

Let's revise...

ADVANTAGES:
Altair wins on accuracy, CQC and agility.
Snake wins on accuracy and CQC.

DISADVANTAGES:
Altair loses on experience with modern weaponry.
Snake loses on agility.

Hmm...Snake isn't known for moving vertically, Altair isn't known for using a gun. Snake can climb trees though, and Altair can wield a crossbow with deadly results (he is better known for lethal accuracy than Snake).
They are both accurate and both very effective in CQC.
However, we must consider one point...Snake has a knife, whereas Altair has a spring-loaded blade. Snake has to reach to his holster to pull out his knife, whereas Altair just has to move his finger for the blade to come out.
Altair has a sword. Snake doesn't have sword training (I believe).
Snake is incredibly fast with his hands and feet.
Altair is incredibly fast with his hands and feet.

So how would it end?

Easy. They would shake hands, call it a deuce, realise that they are both of equal calibre, then they would both be assassinated by Sam Fisher who is then killed by Master Chief who is murdered by the Flood is who destroyed by the Covenant who are all killed by the Ark, and then gamers everywhere live happily ever after.

Seriously though, that would be one close match. I'd love to see that.

And yes, I'm bored as hell. :P

Thumper1980
06-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Seriously...
They're all different people. With different training because of their different jobs.
They're incomparable
Fisher is an Ex-SEAL now an NSA computer illterate spy.SEALS do counter-insurgency stuff, underwater demolitions recon and such.

Snake is a CIA spy, former Green Beret. Green Beret, Direct Action, CSAR, recon, training popular forces, counter drug etc etc. And for the record, he's not enhanced, he's a clone of the "greatest soldier ever lived" according to MGS, which means he has like soldier genes, so basically he was just made to be a soldier. He had to be taught everything he knows in the service.

Master Chief is a cybernetically enhanced super soldier who's skill comes from his super ultered body and suit. He's still cool, you take his suit he's a dead man.

None of these guys need to know how to use a sword because they have a .45 or a 5.7 or the battle rifle respectively.

Altair is a 12 century assassin, not a soldier by any standard. Who by the way has to be ace at fighting with a sword because it was like a basic means for survival. Like I've said before, like a six shooter in the West. Not to mention someone like Snake or Fisher have countless years of experience. Altair is green.

The only parallel you can tie between the 4 is they are the best in their field.

Anti Metal Gear Operations, NSA Electronic Espionage, Assassination and I dunno, being a SPARTAN?

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 09:02 AM
If you guys wanna talk about other leading game characters, then start a new thread. This is between Altair and Snake. And I think MC would kill Sam, too... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Ok, there's a few things I wanna mention...

Snake failing in agility? I'd say that's the least he'd fail in.

He can jump over 4m in height. He fricking sideflipped over a door entrance, and jumped up to the knee of Metal Gear Rex carrying a Stinger Missile on his back.
He outran Vulcan Raven when he was aiming at him with a machinegun, meaning, he ran faster than Vulcan turned, again with a Stinger on his back....
Jumped on two missiles shot at him. (Missiles freakin outrun jet crafts).
Kicked Gray "I run faster than the human eye can see" Fox's ***.
Can do perfect muscle ups, from hanging position into a speed vault. He is skilled in "parkour" as well, he just doesn't perform it. He's just damn strong and in good shape, he could scale walls like nothing if he tried.
Dodged a bullet that was already shot at him. That means he flicked his head to the side faster than the speed of a bullet.

Just because we don't see him scale walls often (because the gameplay isn't built up like that) doesn't mean he can't. How do you think he reached the top of Outer Heaven in MGS 2?
He has easily shown that he would be just as capable as the others to do it physically, beside the fact that he could probably run and jump twice as good as them.

And MC is far from "a dead man" without the suit. As a 10 year old, he freakin manhandled a Navy Seal team in training. He is super duper trained, genetically enhanced, as well as being damn experienced. He'd probably be the toughest opponent for Snake without the armour, with it, he'd win this.
(Oh, and the info is from Halo books, it's not in the game)

And Snake does have some sword training, seeing how VR requires such, and he has completed most VR missions. However, he hates swords (not because he's not good with them, but his best friend who died wielded a sword), so he'd probably never use one anyway.
He is however, damn capable of fighting someone with a sword unarmed. Gray Fox has a sword (who is also the friend I mentioned), and he's faster than the human eye can see. Snake held his own against him even when he wielded the sword. (The unarmed battle is another battle not to confuse them).

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 09:46 AM
And Snake does have some sword training, seeing how VR requires such, and he has completed most VR missions. However, he hates swords (not because he's not good with them, but his best friend who died wielded a sword), so he'd probably never use one anyway. He is however, damn capable of fighting someone with a sword unarmed. Gray Fox has a sword (who is also the friend I mentioned), and he's faster than the human eye can see. Snake held his own against him even when he wielded the sword.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gifI didn't know Snake had sword training. He did, however, have a knife and a handgun equipped at the same in MGS3. That was my favorite weapon and combo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 09:52 AM
No, I'm not 100% if he has, but there are VR sword training, and Snake had alot of VR training in his time in FOXHOUND I'm sure. But he might not have wieled a sword. He does seem pretty skilled with it in the end of MGS 1 though, when he picks it up, performs some swing, then puts it down on the ground. (Does not prove it however).
It's kind of irrelevant anyway. If he found a sword, and it wasn't 100% vital to his success, he would probably just spit on it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, I'm not saying that Snake is necessarily a better traceur than Altair or anything, just that his physical skills are well above his. He might not have all the techniques of Altair in climbing, but I don't see how he would fail to do it seeing how he's physically stronger and faster, both in the arms and the legs.

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Here is a link (http://groups.msn.com/MetalGearSolidnet/vrtraining.msnw) that shows a list of what you practice in MGS. Don't say that Snake had sword training. Maybe the site isn't 100% true, or maybe it is...

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 10:15 AM
No, you don't have any sword practice in MGS 1, but that's because they didn't have the sword in the game at all except for Gray Fox. They didn't really have a reason to put it in, and didn't have a specific mechanics for it. (In Snake's hands at least)
I meant before this, when he WAS in FOXHOUND, not sent to kill them. But that is unknown, so maybe we should leave it at that. No need to assume that he does have training. He wouldn't use it anyway.

Karl_93
06-16-2007, 10:20 AM
heres my version of the close range fight.
Everyone is kicking MC's *** so he goes and activates a Halo, destroying the universe. Meanwhile, MC had used his bubble shield, which protected him from the huge blast. He is then left alone, but then there is a new big bang, and he w8 a few billion years untill humans are re-evelotionized.
Meanwhile, God is very busy listing all the names of everyone who has died.
So to conclude, MC rapes all... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Lol!

Nog. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

moqqy
06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
thumper, altair is NOT green. he has years of training too, probably. he is an master assassin when the game starts

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Indeed. He knows what he's doing, he just messed up once and got stripped of that rank. Doesn't strip him of his experience however...

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 10:59 AM
No, you don't have any sword practice in MGS 1, but that's because they didn't have the sword in the game at all except for Gray Fox. They didn't really have a reason to put it in, and didn't have a specific mechanics for it. (In Snake's hands at least)
I meant before this, when he WAS in FOXHOUND, not sent to kill them. But that is unknown, so maybe we should leave it at that. No need to assume that he does have training. He wouldn't use it anyway.

Okay...nuff said about the sword http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif I don't think a sword technique would matter anyway. He's still a master at CQC techniques. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Damn right. At least Big Boss and Snake by MGS 4. But Solid seems to know CQC before as well, at least he knows one hell of alot of H2H combat, so that more than well makes up for it.

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Damn right. At least Big Boss and Snake by MGS 4. But Solid seems to know CQC before as well, at least he knows one hell of alot of H2H combat, so that more than well makes up for it.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif yay, Kamiks! You are a smart, cool, Snake-loving person. Just like me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Like my sig? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Lol! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, it's very nice. I'm to lazy to get a sig. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Prolly will soon though.

Beren111
06-16-2007, 01:15 PM
i leave this thred for 6 hours and now ur all kissing snakes a** im truly disapointed Fisher is a god and was fighting before snakes parents were thinking about him sooo http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Snake didn't have parents....

Oh SORE SPOT! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Beren111
06-16-2007, 02:05 PM
until he was created sorry forgive my momentary false remeberance *apologises*

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Beren11, I said this already: if you want to kiss Sam Fisher's *** as much as we are kissing Snake's and Altair's, then start a new thread...I'll start it for you if you want http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

madman-oblivion
06-16-2007, 03:41 PM
ur right fisher is a god but .... back to the real conversation... snake wood get owned by altair no doubt

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Could you try to back Altair up, madman-oblivion?

chewie1890
06-16-2007, 04:14 PM
What's this 'box disguise' everyone was talking about? Forgive me, never played Solid Snake... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
What's this 'box disguise' everyone was talking about? Forgive me, never played Solid Snake... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gifOMG are you serious? You're missing out, dude. It's an awesome game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Okay, everyone. Before you post again, I edited the topic (first post). It now says what the environment will look like http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gifSorry I didn't do this before...

chewie1890
06-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by ThePheonix1030:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gifOMG are you serious? You're missing out, dude. It's an awesome game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Hahaha. I guess i'll have to pick it up then. It's time for me to make another blockbuster run anyways, I haven't talked to those guys in a few days... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Any recommendations on which one to pick up?

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Hahaha. I guess i'll have to pick it up then. It's time for me to make another blockbuster run anyways, I haven't talked to those guys in a few days... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Any recommendations on which one to pick up?

Get MGS3. You would think that you're not gonna get it since it's the fifth chapter of the franchise (counting the two original Metal Gear), but it's really the origin of MGS. So go get MGS3. Better hurry before MGS4 comes out!!!

chewie1890
06-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Haha I couldn't pick it up anyways cause I don't have a PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. I still have my PS2 though so I can play those at least!

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Haha I couldn't pick it up anyways cause I don't have a PS3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Awww, bummer. I did hear that the PS3 is gonna drop its price before Christmas. I don't know if that's the reason why you don't have one.

I still have my PS2 though so I can play those at least!

Problem solved. You'll like it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Agent_Alpha
06-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I'll throw my hat into this ring
Lets go back to the Altair Vs. Big Boss (Since Solid Snake is a clone of Big Boss, and I believe Big Boss had the advantage of further training, we'll use him) Vs. Sam Fisher Vs. Master Chief fight.
First off, we have to again strip down the unfair advantages.

Master Chief has no armor or cybernetic implants. The power shield alone would render him nigh invulnerable to anything any of the other fighters could dish out.

Sam Fisher looses a couple of years. If I recall, he is about 40 as of the last game, and a life as a soldier takes it's toll on a body. He would have a hard time keeping up with Boss and Altair, simply because of his age. He retains the training he has, though.

Altair gains working experience in firearms. A mini-crossbow has a rather short range, and if Boss or MC or Sam decide to pull out an assault rifle, or, God help him, a sniper rifle, he's toast.

Big Boss gains his peripheral vision back.

Lets again break them down into advantages and disadvantages.

Hand to Hand (Including short melee weapons): Big Boss > Altair > Sam Fisher > Master Chief
(Big Boss demonstrated expert hand to hand ability, disarming heavily armed opponents quickly and with ease. Altair shows the ability to effortlessly put a blade in a crack in armor while being attacked by guards. Sam Fisher has only a couple moves, but they seem to work quite well for him. MC has only one attack, and it's usually no more than a straight punch. He is able to hit hard, but that's chiefly due to his cybernetic enhancements.)

Firearm Proficiency: Master Chief > Big Boss > Sam Fisher > Altair
(Master Chief can hold a sniper rifle nearly perfectly still [although is armor might help him with that,] he has been trained since he was young in the art of war. Although Sam Fisher has much cooler gizmos than Big Boss, Boss has proficiency in all different manner of weapons, ranging from silenced tranquilizer guns to rocket launchers, and every thing in between. He displays more flexibility than Fisher. Altair, as stated previously, has (for the purpose of this fight) enough knowledge of a gun to know what end causes pain.)

Movement Ability: Altair > Sam Fisher > Big Boss > Master Chief
(Altair can climb on anything that sticks out more than a couple inches with ease and jump from building to building. Fisher can do easy hanging drops and shimmy up and down pipes easily. Big Boss can move quickly, but isn't known for his vertical agility, and the Master Chief is really no more than a physically fit person in uber-armor)

Stealth: Sam Fisher > Big Boss Ties Altair > Master Chief
(Sam Fisher can be rendered invisible at any time. Big Boss and Altair are both very good at making themselves unseen, but MC is basically Rambo, and, as I hope we all understand, in real life, Rambo gets his *** blown off in the first five minutes.)

So, it breaks down as follows.

All Combat: Big Boss > Sam Fisher > Master Chief > Altair

All Movement: Sam Fisher > Altair > Big Boss > Master Chief

Total Skill: Sam Fisher > Big Boss > Altair > Master Chief

Next we have to break it down into different environments.

Urban: Altair >> Sam Fisher > Master Chief > Big Boss
(Altair is an expert at negotiating the city streets. Fisher moves a bit slower, but he can get basically anywhere. Master Chief has some skills, and Big Boss admits in MGS3 that he has nearly no special urban training.)

Woodland: Big Boss > Sam Fisher > Master Chief >>> Altair
(Big Boss is a master of the woods. He could survive in the forest for weeks if necessary. As a former SEAL, Fisher also has extensive training in woodland environments [as demonstrated in Pandora Tomorrow], but he is more suited for urban warfare. Master Chief, as a soldier, would have had basic training in forest ops. In the woods, Altair would have his *** handed to him by the other three. White clothing, no buildings to climb on, and no crowd to blend into? He's toast)

Environmental Skill: Sam Fisher > Master Chief> Big Boss > Altair

Environmental + Combat Skill: Sam Fisher > Big Boss > Altair > Master Chief

Since Master Chief is in the losing at this point, I think we can say he would get blown away pretty quickly.

At this point, it all depends on where the battle actually took place. If it was a city, the battle would be between Sam and Altair, and Big Boss would have a problem keeping up, but if it was in the woods or a jungle, the battle would be between Big Boss and Sam, with Altair whimpering under a bush. Since Sam is always a contender, I say he has the best chance of winning, but since Altair has no chance in the woods, while Boss just stumbles a little bit in urban, I would say Boss would usually be the last person to die, with Altair taking out MC, then getting trashed by some Big Boss CQC.

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Urban: Altair >> Sam Fisher > Master Chief > Big Boss
(Altair is an expert at negotiating the city streets. Fisher moves a bit slower, but he can get basically anywhere. Master Chief has some skills, and Big Boss admits in MGS3 that he has nearly no special urban training.)

It would've been better if you used Solid Snake instead of Big Boss. After all, that is what the thread is about.

At this point, it all depends on where the battle actually took place. If it was a city, the battle would be between Sam and Altair, and Big Boss would have a problem keeping up, but if it was in the woods or a jungle, the battle would be between Big Boss and Sam, with Altair whimpering under a bush. Since Sam is always a contender, I say he has the best chance of winning, but since Altair has no chance in the woods, while Boss just stumbles a little bit in urban, I would say Boss would usually be the last person to die, with Altair taking out MC, then getting trashed by some Big Boss CQC.

Your whole post is very descriptive, I just wished you could've stayed on topic. I agree 50% and disagree 50%...great comparisons, though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif 100% agree with the last sentence http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Why don't you start a new thread of Fisher vs. Altair and Master Chief vs. Altair. There are so many fans of him on this forum, mostly on this thread if you read it...

Kamiks
06-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Seems like people are sorley underestimating MC here.

First of all, read some books, get some more facts. People seem to think he got one attack (totally gameplay. Can a human only throw one kind of punch? Hell no).
MC was a freakin master at 10 years of age. He broke the nose of a Navy Seal with one punch, and kicked the rest of his team UNARMED. They weren't even a factor. He is WAY stronger and faster than that of a normal human being.

And I wouldn't go so far as to putting Big Boss above Solid Snake either.
Solid Snake by MGS 1 is older than Big Boss by MGS 3, as far as I remember. The experience level goes to him, and the fact that he was born to kill, while Big Boss didn't start until his teens as far as I remember, being a part of that nuclear exposure or whatever. (That made the Boss feeling for him, since she was exposed to the same thing)

In The Twin Snakes, Solid Snake shows feats that are above Big Boss, as well as defeating Big Boss himself in Zanzibar Land and Outer Heavn, AND being called "The man who surpassed Big Boss himself" and "the perfect soldier" by Solidus Snake.

SplinterCell_37
06-16-2007, 09:49 PM

First of all, read some books, get some more facts. People seem to think he got one attack (totally gameplay. Can a human only throw one kind of punch? Hell no).
MC was a freakin master at 10 years of age. He broke the nose of a Navy Seal with one punch, and kicked the rest of his team UNARMED. They weren't even a factor. He is WAY stronger and faster than that of a normal human being.

Yeah, I've read the Fall of Reach, and sure, Master Chief has excellent training in hand-to-hand combat. And in honestly, he probably WOULD win any dispute because his entire life was a Spartan. But then, so does Solid Snake.

"He can jump over 4m in height."
So can Master Chief. It's the genetic engineering, no HUMAN can do that. And we're trying to make this equal so its a fair competition.

"Jumped on two missiles shot at him. (Missiles freakin outrun jet crafts).
Can do perfect muscle ups, from hanging position into a speed vault. He is skilled in "parkour" as well, he just doesn't perform it. He's just damn strong and in good shape, he could scale walls like nothing if he tried.
Dodged a bullet that was already shot at him. That means he flicked his head to the side faster than the speed of a bullet."

And if this were a competition of "As-is", then Snake would easily win, because he's SUPER HUMAN (seriously, what human can jump on a missile except by a very painful accident?).
And besides, Master Chief perfectly judged when a Covenant carrier (that he didn't even look at) would pass by so that when he jumped out of the space station, he would land in a gap that was about 20 metres across, activate the bomb, leap out of that same small gap, and land on the In Amber Clad...all in low gravity! They've both got training and genetic implants that gives them unfair advantage, so we're stripping away this unrealistic, fiction-based superhuman qualities and leaving them with just their training and their skills.

And sorry, I've only ever played MGS2 (Couldn't handle a fixed camera angle in a stealth game, I grew up on Splinter Cell) so I wouldn't know about his agility level.

Okay, so in terms of:
SPEED: Altair < Snake (By a little if we strip off his arcadey superpowers)
AGILITY: Altair = Snake
ACCURACY: Altair = Snake
CQC: A spring-loaded blade and defensive, counter-attack techniques VS a knife and offensive techniques?

In all honesty, in the light of this, I think Snake would win. By a margin, of course, because Altair is very skilled. Nevertheless...

[Side note: This is actually the most logical and in-depth Versus discussion I've ever read. Kudos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif]

ThePheonix1030
06-16-2007, 09:54 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifThanks for clearing MC...definately not fair and off topic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

VIGILANT_ONE
06-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Anicrow:
-Fight Round 1-

Snake throws the box off himself hitting altair with a tranq dart.

Ryden (Is that his name? The blonde one from MGS2) is later seen dragging Altair to a locker for >.> <.<

-Fight Round 2-

Altair wakes up in an awkward pose with snake. (Yeah Awkward)

Whips out his finger knife-majigger and stabs Ryden in the thigh, then runs off in embarassment crying like a girl that got egged in her prom dress by her - (You get the point)

- Fight Round 3-

Snake uses the power of box to desquise himself as a box which altair was sitting on crying, at which point he pops out and they make up and decide that they're both too godly and just go assassinate the entire ..mmm...Northern Korean Government. For being commi-christians.

- End -

That's about how it would go. I'm not saying Altair's a cry baby, I'd cry too if Ryden date raped me.

It's the manly thing to.

uhh dude one thing about he box... i'm not saying i'm right but i dont think they would have carboard boxes back then with the designs sooo.. it would be pretty obvious.

moqqy
06-17-2007, 04:17 AM
In my opinion you shouldn't strip them of their abilities. What's the idea in this x vs y then?
If you take them away their abilities/"superpowers"?

Also taking Master Chief out of his suit isn't fair - he always wears it when he fights.

Masterchief wins hands down with his suits and weapon etc - Snake comes second, but the topic is about Snake vs Altair and Snake shouldnt either be stripped from his abilities.

P.S As Kamiks pointed out, MC is a master in H2H

Kamiks
06-17-2007, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by SplinterCell_37:

Yeah, I've read the Fall of Reach, and sure, Master Chief has excellent training in hand-to-hand combat. And in honestly, he probably WOULD win any dispute because his entire life was a Spartan. But then, so does Solid Snake.

"He can jump over 4m in height."
So can Master Chief. It's the genetic engineering, no HUMAN can do that. And we're trying to make this equal so its a fair competition.

"Jumped on two missiles shot at him. (Missiles freakin outrun jet crafts).
Dodged a bullet that was already shot at him. That means he flicked his head to the side faster than the speed of a bullet."

And if this were a competition of "As-is", then Snake would easily win, because he's SUPER HUMAN (seriously, what human can jump on a missile except by a very painful accident?).
And besides, Master Chief perfectly judged when a Covenant carrier (that he didn't even look at) would pass by so that when he jumped out of the space station, he would land in a gap that was about 20 metres across, activate the bomb, leap out of that same small gap, and land on the In Amber Clad...all in low gravity! They've both got training and genetic implants that gives them unfair advantage, so we're stripping away this unrealistic, fiction-based superhuman qualities and leaving them with just their training and their skills.

And sorry, I've only ever played MGS2 (Couldn't handle a fixed camera angle in a stealth game, I grew up on Splinter Cell) so I wouldn't know about his agility level.

Okay, so in terms of:
SPEED: Altair < Snake (By a little if we strip off his arcadey superpowers)
AGILITY: Altair = Snake
ACCURACY: Altair = Snake
CQC: A spring-loaded blade and defensive, counter-attack techniques VS a knife and offensive techniques?

In all honesty, in the light of this, I think Snake would win. By a margin, of course, because Altair is very skilled. Nevertheless...

[Side note: This is actually the most logical and in-depth Versus discussion I've ever read. Kudos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes yes, of course, I do not doubt that Snake would win. However, people were doubting MC's capabilities, and seemed to pass of him without the suit as total ****, which is wrong. Just needed to clarify that it is not the case. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SplinterCell_37
06-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Yes yes, of course, I do not doubt that Snake would win. However, people were doubting MC's capabilities, and seemed to pass of him without the suit as total ****, which is wrong. Just needed to clarify that it is not the case. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hehe, yeah. Well that seems to be a strangely common assumption. I guess it's because we never see him without his suit, and his suit is what gives him his speed and super-enhanced reflexes. Heck, from what I remember of the book, he's probably equal to or better than Snake in terms of physical ability. Human beings died inside that suit because their reflexes were too fast.

In my opinion you shouldn't strip them of their abilities. What's the idea in this x vs y then?

Also taking Master Chief out of his suit isn't fair - he always wears it when he fights.

How is that unfair? Isn't it unfair for Altair to be left with his 12th Century weapons and training when, if the playing field was level, he would be an equally good opponent?

Master Chief has killed people with his bare hands before he ever knew that he was going to wear a suit. I think he can take care of himself. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The idea of X vs Y is to judge them by their skill, technique and ability. Not their unfair enhancements. Otherwise, well, Master Chief would win every single battle hands down (being the guy who's single-handedly destroying an alien race and stuff. And he's got +100 Awesome.) At least, in my opinion.

Any MGS fans happen to know if there's a chance an MGS title will make its way to 360? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif (I've been dying to try Snake Eater but my local area seems to be primarily action-oriented with little interest in stealth)

moqqy
06-17-2007, 08:14 AM

Hehe, yeah. Well that seems to be a strangely common assumption. I guess it's because we never see him without his suit, and his suit is what gives him his speed and super-enhanced reflexes. Heck, from what I remember of the book, he's probably equal to or better than Snake in terms of physical ability. Human beings died inside that suit because their reflexes were too fast.

How is that unfair? Isn't it unfair for Altair to be left with his 12th Century weapons and training when, if the playing field was level, he would be an equally good opponent?

Master Chief has killed people with his bare hands before he ever knew that he was going to wear a suit. I think he can take care of himself. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

The idea of X vs Y is to judge them by their skill, technique and ability. Not their unfair enhancements. Otherwise, well, Master Chief would win every single battle hands down (being the guy who's single-handedly destroying an alien race and stuff. And he's got +100 Awesome.) At least, in my opinion.

Any MGS fans happen to know if there's a chance an MGS title will make its way to 360? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif (I've been dying to try Snake Eater but my local area seems to be primarily action-oriented with little interest in stealth) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but it's like saying Master chief ( with his left hand cutted off ) vs Solid snake ( without a leg )

... What I mean is that it's not the actual character anymore, it's someone else if you take their abilities away.

Aand no it isn't unfair to leave Altair with his 12th century weapons, since that's where he's based in. Thats why he would lose all the battles.

And even without the suit I believe MC would win Snake

Agent_Alpha
06-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Any MGS fans happen to know if there's a chance an MGS title will make its way to 360? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif (I've been dying to try Snake Eater but my local area seems to be primarily action-oriented with little interest in stealth)

I read somewheres (Possibly IGN) that Guns of the Patriots was making a debut on 360, but I can't quite recall where.

The reason we have to take of MCs suit is because, even if we factored out super human reflexes and strength, he dons a shield that is difficult to breach by anything Fisher or Boss would throw at him, and all but inpregnable to anything Altair could do to him. MC could just stand there throwing rocks at the other three, and would still win because his armor makes him invincible.

It'd be like if me and you were in a fight, except I was inside of a battle tank, and you only had a pistol to fight me with. Master Chief is basically encased in a shielded tank!

moqqy
06-17-2007, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SplinterCell_37:

I read somewheres (Possibly IGN) that Guns of the Patriots was making a debut on 360, but I can't quite recall where.

The reason we have to take of MCs suit is because, even if we factored out super human reflexes and strength, he dons a shield that is difficult to breach by anything Fisher or Boss would throw at him, and all but inpregnable to anything Altair could do to him. MC could just stand there throwing rocks at the other three, and would still win because his armor makes him invincible.

It'd be like if me and you were in a fight, except I was inside of a battle tank, and you only had a pistol to fight me with. Master Chief is basically encased in a shielded tank! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, so master chief wins!

Kamiks
06-17-2007, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Agent_Alpha:

QUOTE]

Really? Cause last time I checked, it wasn't.

moqqy
06-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Kinda offtopic, but someone asked if MSG would come to XBOX360.. Well, as I said, first Sony loses AC, and if they lose MSG too, they have completely lost the ball. Because that means losing two console sellers.

SplinterCell_37
06-19-2007, 04:47 AM
About the Guns of the Patriots to 360 thing:

That was a rumour that was confirmed as FALSE. Sony wouldn't dare lose that title. I don't blame them. It's probably their main system seller.
Which reminds me, I wonder if they're going to release some more info on this supposed "Killzone 2" at E3?

Anyway, we're getting a little off-topic here.

Mulle_DK13
06-19-2007, 06:07 AM
Altair FTW!!!

All those who think Snake would win: Close this window and never return! Go play some MGS instead! Bah!

Wangzter
06-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Thumper1980:
Snake, hands down.
He's like a seasoned soldier, Altair bodges his FIRST ever mission.
pfft.

Actually, from what I understand, Altair is a master assassin when he fails in his mission. Then he's demoted to uninitiated (the lowest rank in their order). I don't think you can make it to master assassin, or whatever, without doing a few other missions first.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. I forgot. Snake's got boxes...and guns. Nuff said.

tailstriker
06-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Again, the problem is that altair was given reasonable human limitations where everybody else wasnt. That and the fact that the other characters have 2-3 games in their respective series and all we know about altair is from trailers.