PDA

View Full Version : No Sound? WHAT?

Chuck_Older
09-30-2004, 06:12 PM
I have had a small issue today with FB.

No sound. PC works fine. Funny little bits from movies that I have on the PC play fine, no sound problems. Other games work fine, all have sound.

FB has no sound. many sound options in game were locked out!

I went into my config file in FB, and under sound, it said "sounduse=0" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

WHAT?!?! Nobody, but nobody uses this PC but me. My roomate knows PCs, but he doesn't do stuff like that, although i have done a few rotten things to him, like bought one of those big cardboard cut-outs of Elvis, and stuck in in his room so when he comes home from the Pub half drunk it looks like somebody's standing there waiting.

But anyway, FB decided on it's own to shut off my sound!

If anyone has a similar issue, check that "sounduse=1", which fixed my problem right up after I changed that 0 to a 1

Chuck_Older
09-30-2004, 06:12 PM
I have had a small issue today with FB.

No sound. PC works fine. Funny little bits from movies that I have on the PC play fine, no sound problems. Other games work fine, all have sound.

FB has no sound. many sound options in game were locked out!

I went into my config file in FB, and under sound, it said "sounduse=0" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

WHAT?!?! Nobody, but nobody uses this PC but me. My roomate knows PCs, but he doesn't do stuff like that, although i have done a few rotten things to him, like bought one of those big cardboard cut-outs of Elvis, and stuck in in his room so when he comes home from the Pub half drunk it looks like somebody's standing there waiting.

But anyway, FB decided on it's own to shut off my sound!

If anyone has a similar issue, check that "sounduse=1", which fixed my problem right up after I changed that 0 to a 1

Red_Russian13
09-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it won't happen, but if it does, I'll know how to fix it.

That's just mean...the whole Elvis thing. Mind if I use the idea? Is it patented?

brimigus
09-30-2004, 07:39 PM
i think that if u hit the q key it turns off the sound.looks like u hit it by accident i've done it before going for the ~ key

lil_labbit
09-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Allways ALLWAYS make conf.ini read only after you edit it. It gets overwritten for the weirdest reasons and at the weirdest times after patch 2.01...