PDA

View Full Version : Airframes

fireship4
07-18-2007, 06:40 AM
In the bonus DVD that comes with 1946, theres a video that included the phrase "dynamic weathering and exhaust marking on plane" or something to that effect. This bring up a few questions/possibilities for SoW...

Will the player be assigned to an airframe and use it until he dies/it is destroyed? If so will any repaired areas/non urgent repairs be visible on subsequent missions on your plane?

Can you put a photo of your love into the game and stick it into the cockpit (This would go a long way to personalise the cockpit/airplane)?

Will the game automatically paint your name/callsign onto the plane, and will it paint markings indicating the number of kills you have (this was done on b17 flying fortress I think)?

And finally, slightly off topic, maybe a difficulty setting can be implemented into the campaign where "dead is dead" is enforced and you are not able to continue a campaign if you die. This may seem pointless as you can do it through your own will but I suppose if stats are included in the game it might be useful.

fireship4
07-18-2007, 06:40 AM
In the bonus DVD that comes with 1946, theres a video that included the phrase "dynamic weathering and exhaust marking on plane" or something to that effect. This bring up a few questions/possibilities for SoW...

Will the player be assigned to an airframe and use it until he dies/it is destroyed? If so will any repaired areas/non urgent repairs be visible on subsequent missions on your plane?

Can you put a photo of your love into the game and stick it into the cockpit (This would go a long way to personalise the cockpit/airplane)?

Will the game automatically paint your name/callsign onto the plane, and will it paint markings indicating the number of kills you have (this was done on b17 flying fortress I think)?

And finally, slightly off topic, maybe a difficulty setting can be implemented into the campaign where "dead is dead" is enforced and you are not able to continue a campaign if you die. This may seem pointless as you can do it through your own will but I suppose if stats are included in the game it might be useful.

Skoshi Tiger
07-18-2007, 07:35 AM
One of the great things about Janes USNF was the resource management. In a campaign your carrier had a set number of resources (Planes, spares and munitions) between missions your maintenance crews could only repair a set ammount of damage between missions ( (Every so often you would be re-supply) So the campaign was a continuous juggling act between selecting appropriate aircraft and ordinance that you could do the missions without leaving your self short for the important ones.

At times you'ld be doing a mission in a bunky old plane with exising damage so you could get your F14's fixed up for the next important Job. If you left yourself short some of the missions were really hard (or impossible) to accomplish.

Something like that would be fairly good!

fireship4
07-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes making supply and the general running of the base you fly from become part of the game would be wonderful.