PDA

View Full Version : So Ubi, how are sales?

salad10203
04-04-2011, 11:44 PM
It seems that the PC version has been pretty well received and has been in the top sellers on Steam for quite a while. We know you can't release exact sales, but how has it been, good, bad, better than AC2?

kriss3d
04-05-2011, 12:29 AM
My guess is somwhere about equal to AC2.
Reason: Though it does not really bring you closer to answers as ACB is just AC 2.5 and not AC3. It still has multiplayer and a great storyline like the other games.

By now, AC2 is cracked as we all know and i must admit that though i did try AC2. I ended up liking it so much i bought it. Somthing which rarely happens.

So by making a really great game, UbiSoft have made me so interessed by making a very interessting game, storywise as well as gameplay that i just had to get it. Naturally I bought ACB as well and I plan on buying AC1 just to complete the set.
Ubisoft should have an achivement for that.

I belive its like Diablo.. Everyone is dying to see how D3 will be so they will buy it.. Great or not.. People will want to see a WoW movie when its released.. If its great or not..
I bet that just about everyone playing Ac1-2-2.5 will buy AC3 once its released..
Hence AC3 will have an even greater sale..

Mr_Shade
04-05-2011, 04:24 AM
You may have to wait for the yearly report to see the sales figures.

At present, Ubisoft do not comment on sales other than via that.

paziek
04-05-2011, 08:30 AM
I would say bigger than AC2, judging by amount of people who came here and had to wipe their /etc/hosts file, with was modified by crack for AC2 in order to play ACB. Maybe multiplayer is the reason, I know a few people who will buy a game only if multiplayer requires that.