PDA

View Full Version : Would You Buy Assassin's Creed II (PC) If Ubisoft Replaced The Game's DRM With Steam?

TheHeeyyy
02-28-2010, 09:52 AM
With all the discussions going-on about Assassin's Creed II and the DRM it has, I felt it would be a good idea to create a thread poll to see how people would feel if Ubisoft used Steam exclusively as the game's DRM.

The way I see-it, Steamworks offers all the benefits Ubisoft is offering with their current DRM, without as many of the downsides. You can store save files online, install the game on as many computers as you want, and you don't need to have a disc in your computer's drive to play the game. It would also include benefits like Steam achievements, which would be easier and simpler to compare and show to friends. Also, Steam has an offline mode and doesn't require a constant internet connection, which I know are huge problems people have with Ubisoft's current DRM for Assassin's Creed II.

The main downside I see to using Steam is that it would mean other digital distribution stores won't sell the game, but that's what Modern Warfare 2 did and it still outsold the original game on PC. Steam offers a great service for PC gamers, and many people (including myself) would be happy to buy Assassin's Creed II if the current DRM was replaced with Steam.

kleaneasy
02-28-2010, 10:06 AM
Please use the existing thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1801042338) for all discussion on the OSP service.