PDA

View Full Version : "We are sending fighters to your location"

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 08:54 PM
When you use the comms and request assistance from ground control (coop missions), do the AI aircraft actually try to come and help you... or is that line just for fun?

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 08:54 PM
When you use the comms and request assistance from ground control (coop missions), do the AI aircraft actually try to come and help you... or is that line just for fun?

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 08:57 PM
I have never had help from ground control. I barely get any help from my wingmen either, so maybe its better off this way.

I would be interested to hear from someone that this feature actually works though, because then you could call them several minutes before the actual fight began, and therfore get some reinforcements.

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 09:23 PM
I don't think this command will spawn a new flight of AI fighters, though I could be wrong.

I do know that if there are other fighters already in the air, they will fly to your location to render assistance.

I've used this a few times.

"Never pet a burning dog."

P4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gig DDR 2100
PNY GF4 Ti4200 64 MB
SB Live! 5.1
Saitek X-45

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 09:30 PM
If you request assistance you either need to fly toward friendlies or fly in a long continueing circle.Either way help will arrive.
The comm. is not just for Hollywood.It works.

Life is as light as a feather,but duty is as heavy as mountain....

(Japanese Proverb)

XyZspineZyX
07-28-2003, 10:41 PM
It works when a fighter-flight isn't too far of your position. It's very useful when a friendly flight of 4 fighters goes ahead to your target and then get butchered because they're totally outnumbered by the enemy. I rather have them join my flight so the numbers are more even.

When you do use this command when you're flying in a fighter then the autopilot doesn't bring you to your target anymore so you'll be forced to fly the route yourself. In a bomberclass plane this doesn't occur.