PDA

View Full Version : rudder and twist joystick

SsSsSsSsSnake
11-22-2009, 12:02 PM
should the rudder control work straight from the initial set up in 1946.I had it working then was messing around with the js mapping and seemed to lose it i went back to default settings and now i cant seem to get any rudder control with the twist.
thanks
Ssnake

AndyJWest
11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
From Bearcats Nugget's Guide (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9121094645):

HOTAS controls. In this sim the HOTAS section of the CONTROLS menu is where any command that can be set to an axis (as in a potentiometer on the joystick axis) will be found. (Throttle,Brakes,Prop Pitch,Flaps,Roll,Pitch,Yaw and the trims associated with them. While controls in the HOTAS section can also be assigned to keystrokes it is more efficient and much smoother to have them mapped to a slider where possible. At the very least you should have Elevator (Pitch), Ailerons (Roll), Rudder (Yaw), and Power (Throttle) mapped in the HOTAS section. I also have my trims set on sliders (Potentiometers.. they can be knobs or levers) and prefer it that way.
Open the sim and go to CONTROLS. Look at that slider on your right hand side and grab it and scroll all the way to the bottom where you will see a section called HOTAS. Once you get to the bottom of the screen you will see the controls menu. Highlight the right side of the line that has the control on it and then move the corresponding joystick function. For example.. if you want to map your throttle L click on the line next to Power and an empty box will open up. Once this happens cycle your throttle from top to bottom. Inside that empty box text will appear that will say something like "U slider axis" or "-U slider axis". Should you find that when you go into the sim any controls in the HOTAS section are reversed, simply go back to the control in question and reverse the cycling of the control in question. If it said U before it should change to - U and vice versa..

SsSsSsSsSnake
11-22-2009, 05:52 PM
thanks Andy
sssssssssnake