PDA

View Full Version : Flak crew not shooting and missing watch officer

bradpayne
11-01-2005, 09:54 AM
For some reason my flak crew is not shooting at planes. I did hit the "set as default" in the box that opens when a plane is spotted and I suppose I may have hit the wrong box. But I need them to start shooitng again! Also my watch officer has disappeared from the box thingie at the bottom left of the screen, how do I get him controling things again? Thanks for your help!

Kaleun1961
11-01-2005, 10:27 AM
To get the watch officer to show up in the lower left corner, you must drag him to the watch officer position on the bridge. This only works when you are surfaced. He is not available when submerged, so don't worry when his icon is missing when you are under.

The flak bug is a weird one that not everybody has. I've read that one solution is to toggle through your flak gun[s] manually and then return to the bridge view by pressing F4.

lecek
11-01-2005, 10:48 AM
1) Make sure your flack guns are set to fire at will from the watch officer menu.

2) (Doesn't need 1) Use your binoculars ('b' key) and put the target plane right on the cross hairs. Then press the space bar. An Icon of a flack gun will apear on the aircraft.

3) Press 'F11' and shoot'em yourself.

4) If you have the engage aircraft button pressed for an aircraft attack, be aware that it takes them an anoyingly long amount of time to actually give the order.