PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X-45 vs MSFF 2 questions....

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 12:23 AM
I currently have a MSFF2 but I find that I do not have enough controls and I'm always going to the keyboard and I really do not like that. I'm looking at buying a Saitek X-45.

What I want to know is where or can I get JUST the HOTAS?

Also is the flight stick any good? I don't use the FF on my stick anyway so the fact that it is not FF is ok by me, I just want to know the quality compared to the MSFF2 as well as what is used for a rudder on the X-45 system? Is it a stick you twist like on the MSFF2?

Thanks for any and all input.

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (45.23)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 12:23 AM
I currently have a MSFF2 but I find that I do not have enough controls and I'm always going to the keyboard and I really do not like that. I'm looking at buying a Saitek X-45.

What I want to know is where or can I get JUST the HOTAS?

Also is the flight stick any good? I don't use the FF on my stick anyway so the fact that it is not FF is ok by me, I just want to know the quality compared to the MSFF2 as well as what is used for a rudder on the X-45 system? Is it a stick you twist like on the MSFF2?

Thanks for any and all input.

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (45.23)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 12:34 AM
I have both the Saitek x45 and MSFF2. I use the MSFF2 stick and the Saitek throttle. The MSFF2 is a far more acurrate stick IMHO.

The Saitek throttle has ruddle control in it. The stick does not twist.

Message Edited on 09/16/0311:35PM by FatnSlo

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Since you already have the joystick, I would recommend getting the CH pro throttle. They complement each other well and the quality is high (but not cheap!)

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 05:44 AM
I would higly recommend your getting the X45 and using it WITH your MSFFB2. I use both sticks together. The X45 stick is a button bay for me. I NEVER touch my keyboard unless I am viewing a track and I can do that with my sticks if I want to. I use the X45 throttle and all of it's buttons and the stick and all of it's buttons. the only part of the Saitek stick I dont use is the pitch/yaw/roll axii... I have pedals for or rudder control. I have a profile on our squad site for an MSFFB2/X45 combo setup that works just fine for me and Enk has modified it somewhat for his use. Why spend over $100 for a throttle when you can get a throttle and a button bay and keep your FFB?

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron