PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty settings..?

ChasARGH
11-09-2004, 10:52 PM
What the f*** is going on? I read about people adjusting their difficulty settings, but I've been looking for them, and reading the forums in order to find them for three hours now... but nothing. What the hell is going on? Not only do I not find them, but I'm apparently the only person on the planet who can't find them. No one else seems to have the problem, and people discuss it like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Am I the most ******ed person to ever try PF? Someone, please point me in the right direction.. I'm sick of this.

ChasARGH
11-09-2004, 10:52 PM
What the f*** is going on? I read about people adjusting their difficulty settings, but I've been looking for them, and reading the forums in order to find them for three hours now... but nothing. What the hell is going on? Not only do I not find them, but I'm apparently the only person on the planet who can't find them. No one else seems to have the problem, and people discuss it like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Am I the most ******ed person to ever try PF? Someone, please point me in the right direction.. I'm sick of this.

JR_Greenhorn
11-09-2004, 11:26 PM
In previous versions of the game, like Forgotten Battles and the Ace Expansion Pack, the difficulty settings could be found by pressing a button on the bottom of the mission breifing page for single and quick missions. For campaigns, you need to set the difficulty at the start of the campaign; look for a similar button. For online games, I think the host sets the difficulty settings. Now, I don't yet have PF, so I'm not sure, but I would wager that things haven't changed much.

I would agree that to someone new to the game, the difficulty settings aren't in a logical place. They are convienient to experienced players however, which you will surely be before long. Hang in there!

RepublicofTexas
11-09-2004, 11:44 PM
ya, hang in there.

@greenhorn, nice sig how did ya do it?

ChasARGH
11-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Yep, there it was. Thanks for the help.

I guess I didn't find it because I wanted to try training first. There's no difficulty option during training, so...

JR_Greenhorn
11-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Has training been improved?
Before, it was just tracks playing with an explanation how to do things. I found it easier to experiment in the Quick Mission Builder.

There is a lot of advice to be had around here concerning learning this game. Now that you know how to use difficulty settings, you can turn on icons for practice to become familiar with firing distances, and hesitantly turn on unlimited ammo for gunnery training. Of course, you know what happens when you do that...

@RepublicofTexas,
Did you get that sig working yet? Take a look at my reply in your testing thread on this forum. I've got to get some shut eye, but maybe someone else can help if you're still having troubles.