PDA

View Full Version : How do you think Ezio died in Assassin's Creed: Embers? **SPOILERS**

FreshPrinceoba3
11-20-2011, 04:57 PM
after watching the video, i think that the most logical reason my ezio died is of a heart attack. But when you look closely, the man grabs ezios hand. Correct me if im wrong, but it looks like there is a hidden blade in the mans wrist. i think that he poisoned him with the hidden blade when he touched his hand. Then when ezio turns around and looks at the man, the body language seems like the man was saying something like, "yes. i just poisoned you" what do you think??

Animuses
11-20-2011, 07:16 PM
No, it was a heart attack. Gabe Graziani confirmed that the guy was a nobody.

deskpe
11-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah he died of old age in my mind, He did not get poisoned. He was feeling like he was about to die already, thats why he started the letter and that. Ezios story is over they are not building up mysteries for him now.

Except for dlc wich will propably take place way before embers!

ToLazy13
12-03-2011, 01:36 AM
while ezio's waving to sofia and his daughter and the guy walks past, he has a templer Insignia on his wrist, i doubt it was a hidden blade, but i think he did poison him, if u have the video just watch carefully as the guys going to sit down, other then that, i think hes nobody at all, but i do think he poison ezio, and the italian thing the dude says is "Have courage old man" which makes me beleive that he did kill him even more, but im not sure.

Dreamic
12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
You guys do realize that the man who sat down next to him was for a fact a Templar...

They doesn't mean he necessarily killed him, but watch as the man walks infront of Ezio and proceeds to sit down...

Listen carefully...
On the INSIDE of his RIGHT arm is a Templar logo, around the area an Assassin would have a hidden blade.

That is all we know about that man, I didn't notice him poison or do anything to Ezio, but if you pay attention they make a connection when the Templar grabs Ezio's hand. To me Ezio looked like he had a moment of "realization" while looking at him, then the Templar kind of closes his eyes and nods his head, like they both agreed or just came to understand something together.

My thoughts are Ezio somehow previously knew this man, and didn't remember it at first, hence the realization.
Or Ezio just realized he had been poisoned.
Or Ezio just realized he was a Templar, and had a perfectly-timed unrelated natural death 1 second later as the man just leaves.

It's obvious he wasn't nobody, but it's not obvious who he was. But the way the man was in, and out, and Ezio was alive, and dead... was somewhat odd.

Abeonis
12-03-2011, 11:39 AM
The guy was not a Templar....

His whole reason for being there was to show how Ezio's life had come full circle. The young man was created to be a near perfect mirror image of Ezio himself at that age.

Dreamic
12-03-2011, 03:13 PM
He had a Templar logo on his wrist but he's not a Templar? Mhm....

xboxauditore
12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Ezio died of a Heart Attack, But I think that man was a Templar, Perhaps a Spy, And when Ezio Had his Heart attack, The man Grabbed his wrist, to show some kindness in death, And looks at Ezio like "We won, You were too old, and now your time is up" But Ezio had that Blank expression cus, Well, His Heart just stopped, He aint gonna be like "Hehe i'm dying, derp"

MaKaVeLiTL
12-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
No, it was a heart attack. Gabe Graziani confirmed that the guy was a nobody.
Why would they bother putting a templar cross on the underside of his arm? He wasn't a nobody, he was there to confuse us even more, they knew it would bring up more theories when they decided to put him in the movie.

Dreamic
12-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Finally people understand. I didn't think anyone would be... um... "special" enough to think the guy with a Templar logo isn't a Templar.

Thats like, "Oh that guy with black skin... hes not black" Wtf kind of logic is this?

I swear some people just don't think...

Silvrslide
12-04-2011, 01:44 PM
The symbol on his wrist was a cross not a "templar logo"

People were Christians back then y'know.

E-Zekiel
12-05-2011, 01:02 AM
That and calling a very fleeting glimpse of something that doesn't really look like what a few people are trying to make it out to be is really dense. Imo

Abeonis
12-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Silvrslide:
The symbol on his wrist was a cross not a "templar logo"

People were Christians back then y'know.

Erm, the kid isn't wearing a cross at all, let alone a "Templar cross". The kids a nobody, a mirror reflection, as I just said, get over him people.

SayonDas
12-05-2011, 05:23 AM
FRESHPRINCEBA3 is right. ezio didn't die from heart attack but was poisoned. if you notice on the man's right cheek there's a sword cut mark(most probably a templar),and he also conveyed the message through his expression.

farewell ezio de auditore de firenze

deadly_thought
12-05-2011, 08:07 AM
the ubisoft developers have already stated that the old man was nobody and he was not poisoned end of story get over it ezio died because thats what happens when you get old you die

Dreamic
12-05-2011, 09:22 AM
He had a Templar logo and therefore was a Templar.
It was not a cross, it was a + sign and it was red, and looked identical to the Templar logo we know. He was a Templar, end of story, Ubisoft Montreal made it and didn't have to send out a very important memo to everyone everywhere in Ubisoft notifying them of the cross, because there's no reason to.

I don't know exactly how Ezio died.
We actually NEVER saw Ezio being poisoned, so the whole poison thing will always be a theory, nothing more.

Facts:
- Mysterious Man = Templar (Or some random person who just decided he liked the look of the Templar logo and decided to wear it?)

Theories:
Ezio was poisoned = We can't know for sure
Ezio had a heart attack = Maybe he was poisoned?

As far as i'm concerned that man was indisputably a Templar, how Ezio died though we cannot be 100% sure because it wasn't made clear in a damn autopsy.

Anybody who has a Templar logo on them as far as i'm concerned is a Templar, or somebody who is in disguise as a Templar. They are appearing as a Templar.

I bet half of you haven't even bothered to look for the Templar logo on the man yet you dispute who he is...

Abeonis
12-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Hunched:
He had a Templar logo and therefore was a Templar.
It was not a cross, it was a + sign and it was red, and looked identical to the Templar logo we know. He was a Templar, end of story, Ubisoft Montreal made it and didn't have to send out a very important memo to everyone everywhere in Ubisoft notifying them of the cross, because there's no reason to.

I don't know exactly how Ezio died.
We actually NEVER saw Ezio being poisoned, so the whole poison thing will always be a theory, nothing more.

Facts:
- Mysterious Man = Templar (Or some random person who just decided he liked the look of the Templar logo and decided to wear it?)

Theories:
Ezio was poisoned = We can't know for sure
Ezio had a heart attack = Maybe he was poisoned?

As far as i'm concerned that man was indisputably a Templar, how Ezio died though we cannot be 100% sure because it wasn't made clear in a damn autopsy.

Anybody who has a Templar logo on them as far as i'm concerned is a Templar, or somebody who is in disguise as a Templar. They are appearing as a Templar.

I bet half of you haven't even bothered to look for the Templar logo on the man yet you dispute who he is...

Hunched, you're talking about a little piece of string that is holding the bracer onto his arm. You should probably stop now before you start making yourslf look stupid.

Dreamic
12-05-2011, 04:26 PM
You should probably go to an optometrist...

Ikram1994
12-05-2011, 04:49 PM
there is no blade in the "murderer's" right wrist.

Dreamic
12-05-2011, 05:12 PM
^ Nobody said there was...

Abeonis
12-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Hunched:

Considering my job actually requires me to have near perfect eyesight, I highly doubt that is something I need to worry about.

Unfortunately, photobucket seems to be playing up with this particular screencap, but if it does show, you can clearly see that your "cross" is in fact nothing more than a red circle. EDIT: Apologies for the image just floating there, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to thumbnail it on these forums. That said, as you can clearly see, no cross. Discussion over, have a nice day.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/Jasca_Ducato/nocross.jpg

Krayus Korianis
12-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Ezio died of a heart attack... Case closed.

Krayus Korianis
12-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hunched:

Considering my job actually requires me to have near perfect eyesight, I highly doubt that is something I need to worry about.

Unfortunately, photobucket seems to be playing up with this particular screencap, but if it does show, you can clearly see that your "cross" is in fact nothing more than a red circle. EDIT: Apologies for the image just floating there, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to thumbnail it on these forums. That said, as you can clearly see, no cross. Discussion over, have a nice day.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/Jasca_Ducato/nocross.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Next they'll claim it's on the other wrist.

kobe.akshay
12-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Is it just me or can evry1 hear a "Click" just like wen u poison a guard...
Check the video at 18:33, just before the "person" says "Prego?" and ezio starts to die.. :\

MaKaVeLiTL
12-06-2011, 01:48 AM
"Know it all" Jasca Ducato from the wiki, that isn't a piece of string.

http://i42.tinypic.com/24e574p.jpg

And here's a templar cross to compare it to, it even widens and curves outwards at the edges.

http://www.knightstemplarvault...es/templarcross2.jpg (http://www.knightstemplarvault.com/images/templarcross2.jpg)

Abeonis
12-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:

And here's a templar cross to compare it to, it even widens and curves outwards at the edges.

http://www.knightstemplarvault...es/templarcross2.jpg (http://www.knightstemplarvault.com/images/templarcross2.jpg)

My god. Why are you still trying to argue this point? Showing me an image that has been edited to suit your needs will do nothing to improve your stance in the discussion.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of discussing this. If anyone here continues to believe there's an imaginary cross on his bracer, than more-fool you; I have no need, nor wish, to discuss this further.

And MaKaVeLiTL: Just because I am advertising my links to the AC Wiki does not equate to me being a "know it all", nor have I claimed to be one; however, in this case, I am correct. You're best of leaving it at that.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-06-2011, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaKaVeLiTL:

My god. Why are you still trying to argue this point? Showing me an image that has been edited to suit your needs will do nothing to improve your stance in the discussion.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of discussing this. If anyone here continues to believe there's an imaginary cross on his bracer, than more-fool you; I have no need, nor wish, to discuss this further.

And MaKaVeLiTL: Just because I am advertising my links to the AC Wiki does not equate to me being a "know it all", nor have I claimed to be one; however, in this case, I am correct. You're best of leaving it at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I go on the wiki, you are a know it all and you're so far up your own *** it's unreal. It hasn't been edited to suit my needs, I've upped the brightness and contrast to you can see it easier.

The cross isn't imaginary, it's right there in the image I posted!

Abeonis
12-06-2011, 08:55 AM
You don't know me, and since I've never seen your name on the wiki I would appreciate it if you didn't presume to do so; if you have an issue with my attitude on the wiki, moan about it there, not on these forums.

PhanthomBonfi
12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
ohhh god!!! i saw the Templar insignia on the "mystery mans" right arm were he has the bracktelet in order to see it you have to freeze frame quickly in 18:07 and you'l see it around 18:08mins! i think he may be poisioned.
Or
He was sent to kill Ezio but like he saw he was going to die anyways he let him go!

*Requiescat in Pace Ezio* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

agencys-weapon
12-07-2011, 01:18 AM
i belive Ezio died of a heart attack if we all remember Ezio was coughing heavily during the movie and his coughing only got worse after his battle with the templars his heart also became week shown by sophia taking him to town and Ezio being very week and in pain , i man may have been a templar or just a nobody but the fact his Ezio was in pain just before the man grabed his hand showing that it was ok to let go and pass on as the realization sets in Ezio looks calm as he passes on to the next life like he was ready and knew it was his time also shown in his letter to sophia i dont belive it was posion just his heart failing on him maybe if the templars didnt attack his hoem he would have lived on a little bit longer but thats how things turn out Good by Ezio you shall live on through our hearts

tarrero
12-08-2011, 10:47 PM
There is a thread here in which some user asked ubigame (a developer) the very same thing, with the answer being that this guy is a nobody......

Dreamic
12-12-2011, 10:43 AM
That doesn't matter, there are many divisions of ubisoft and not all of them know about every tiny little thing that every division does.

This was purposely hidden by the people who created it. It was created solely by the workers at Ubisoft Montreal.

Your argument is invalid, your denying something infront of your face.

He had a Templar logo. This makes him a Templar, unless of course your going to come up with some wild theory of how he accidently got that logo, and the coincidentally ran into an Assassin (which seems more likely if he was a Templar, because Assassin's and Templar's as we know look for eachother... which would make this encounter less of a coincidence).

What are you going to say next, the strange man woke up and magically had a Templar logo on his wrist? He then just so happened to run into an Assassin? He could have ran into anybody, but the fact he had a Templar logo and that Ezio was an Assassin makes it seem more likely, seeing as these factions seek eachother out.

I swear, it's like watching a WWII movie and saying the german soldier's with swastika's aren't Nazi's.

How do you explain the damn swastika then?

It's quite obvious since Ember's was an inside project at Ubisoft Montreal that only Ubisoft Montreal would know about this.

I also doubt every single person who worked on Ember's knows about the Templar logo either. They don't go around screaming it to everyone, there's no purpose... Why would they need to when people can just watch the video? It tells you everything they needed to tell you.

To think that every single person in Ubisoft knows about every single thing that happens in the entire company everywhere is a joke.

This was a very small logo, that was in Ember's for like 5 seconds... It's quite likely only a small number of people in Ubisoft even knew about it, seeing as it wasn't really that big of a thing and the company probably spent like 5 seconds making that part of the short story.

You all have no argument...
"It's fake..."

That changes everything! I understand how I am misguided now! That answer was so thorough, and detailed... Such a strong defense that falsifies every piece of information I have given!

You need to actually explain why its fake...
"Its not a Templar logo"

Are my eyes deceiving me? What is it then? It looks more like a Templar logo than just a cross, yes they do use the same structure, but the Templar logo is known to be red, crosses aren't always.
Also under the circumstances that this cross is in, it seems more likely its not just an ordinary cross, more of a Templar cross.

It looks more like a Templar logo than a normal cross, you can't really debate this, its impossible really. It's like trying to say Ezio's beard isn't made out of hair. Maybe he colored some grass white and stuck it to his face, but it's more likely it's actually hair and not a ******ed theory like that, although it isn't actually impossible that he didn't stick grass to his face he colored white, but there's no reason anyone would do that...
Sort of like there's no reason any ordinary person would decide to sport a Templar logo if they weren't a Templar...
See how stupid it sounds?

It somewhat scares me people like you are allowed to have opinions... not just about this... but actual important things...

Alexush132
12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
after watching the video, i think that the most logical reason my ezio died is of a heart attack. But when you look closely, the man grabs ezios hand. Correct me if im wrong, but it looks like there is a hidden blade in the mans wrist. i think that he poisoned him with the hidde

OMFG
biggest ****ing spoiler ever!
you shouldnt write the spoiler it self in the title! -.-

sticks165
12-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Alexush132:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">after watching the video, i think that the most logical reason my ezio died is of a heart attack. But when you look closely, the man grabs ezios hand. Correct me if im wrong, but it looks like there is a hidden blade in the mans wrist. i think that he poisoned him with the hidde

OMFG
biggest ****ing spoiler ever!
you shouldnt write the spoiler it self in the title! -.- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
spoilers go in the hints and tips section so hes good and no he was not poisoned.

Teknykk
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
He died of a heart attack...and considering the way he was coughing during the video...

I'd say the real cause of death was the event in Cappadocia, involving him blowing up the black gunpowder and inhaling at least a minute or two of the smoke as he sprinted out of the place.

It most likely caused his heart to eventually fail or weaken, possibly along with his lungs or other organs before then.

I honestly don't know why he just didn't bother swiming out and around to the ship he came on...not exactly the smartest move in the world...running through black gunpowder smoke in a cave.

But I guess he had to die some way that wasn't by the sword.

As for the idiot he was sitting next to when he died...just a nobody I'd say, a typical womaniser with a brief moment of kindness, though faint.

I think people look into this stuff way too much. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

snazzyjabber123
12-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Go look on your own embers, okay?
That image of the cross is photoshopped, and I can zoom in on it on my ps3.
Also, *OPINIONS FOLLOW, O.P.I.N.I.O.N.S*
I think that he might have been an assassin, because of the scar/cut on his cheek/lip.
Ezio uses eagle vision on him, and ally(blue).
Surprised, he looks at the man, and the man acknowledges that he is an assassin, and will carry on his legacy for him.
I know you will rage, but there is two sides, ( Adam and Eve) of assassins.

Gil_217
12-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by snazzyjabber123:
Go look on your own embers, okay?
That image of the cross is photoshopped, and I can zoom in on it on my ps3.
Also, *OPINIONS FOLLOW, O.P.I.N.I.O.N.S*
I think that he might have been an assassin, because of the scar/cut on his cheek/lip.
Ezio uses eagle vision on him, and ally(blue).
Surprised, he looks at the man, and the man acknowledges that he is an assassin, and will carry on his legacy for him.
I know you will rage, but there is two sides, ( Adam and Eve) of assassins

This is possibly the greatest thing I ever read on this forum.

RoninPedroshin
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hunched:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k127/Jasca_Ducato/nocross.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are at the wrong frame...
You took that screenshot too early... the cross appears and is clearly visible like MaKaVeLiTL has shown and Hunched have explained (both correctly so) about 3 to 5 frames ahead of that one.

All you have to do is make sure it's at 720p and go frame-by-frame until you see it.
It's only clearly visible for a single frame (yes, just ONE frame) near 18:10, else it'll be blurred like in your screen:
http://i.imgur.com/sxTHn.png

I don't get what's with the hostility from those who haven't been able to see/find it yet...
If you are true Assassin's Creed players/fans you should all know by now how to properly search for the hidden truth...

But of course it is typical for people to prefer & settle for the less grim/more pleasant "truth".

eagleforlife1
12-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Gabe just tweeted this:

@okemow88
...I thought you confirmed him as just noone

@UbiGabe
I did, but in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have confirmed anything. It would seem I don't have the full story" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

HX422
12-19-2011, 08:08 PM
I think Ezio dies of a heart attack. I recall one of the developers stated that he was a reflection of Ezio at that age. The Templar logo (if it's actually there) could be a metaphor not that he is a Tenplar. I've heard another theory quite interesting saying that he's Federico (Ezio's brother) but I strongly disagree with that theory, but I just though it was quite interesting. But that would mean that Ezio saw his self and knew he had done his part, that is why he looks at his daughter and wife with a somewhat smile. Besides, WE ALL KNOW HE HAS EAGLE SENSE. He could have easily anticipated that.

RoninPedroshin
12-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by HX422:
I think Ezio dies of a heart attack. I recall one of the developers stated that he was a reflection of Ezio at that age. The Templar logo (if it's actually there) could be a metaphor not that he is a Tenplar. I've heard another theory quite interesting saying that he's Federico (Ezio's brother) but I strongly disagree with that theory, but I just though it was quite interesting. But that would mean that Ezio saw his self and knew he had done his part, that is why he looks at his daughter and wife with a somewhat smile. Besides, WE ALL KNOW HE HAS EAGLE SENSE. He could have easily anticipated that.

He's nothing like Ezio. Ezio wasn't arrogant like that and wouldn't criticize Firenze girls like that (he is from there after all) or any other to be exact. Vecchio is also derogatory, anziano would be more polite.

Yes and he probably anticipated that, but if he did he wouldn't do anything anyway, since he was already old and sick, he was ready to die and accepted his fate...

snazzyjabber123
12-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Besides, the other man WAS NOT a Templar.
The above comment has a point, "because he was old and going to die anyway".
This raises another issue.
Why would he Templars want to kill him, when he is old, Ill, and going to die anyway, whe nature would end his life anyway?
He is no longer an assassin, all he did against the Templars was in the past.
He can hardly run across a grape field, what risk does he pose?
Templars would not waste poison on an old, ill, and dying man, would they???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May you be blessed with Snazzy.
SnazzyJabs.

eagleforlife1
12-21-2011, 06:50 AM
Besides, the other man WAS NOT a Templar.
The above comment has a point, "because he was old and going to die anyway".
This raises another issue.
Why would he Templars want to kill him, when he is old, Ill, and going to die anyway, whe nature would end his life anyway?
He is no longer an assassin, all he did against the Templars was in the past.
He can hardly run across a grape field, what risk does he pose?
Templars would not waste poison on an old, ill, and dying man, would they???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SnazzyJabs.

He may have been physically ill buy he still held knowledge from a lifetime of fighting Templars.

snazzyjabber123
12-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Above comment...
"knowledge".
But if he were to surface the templars, he would have to reveal the brotherhood to the man he woul reveal the knowledge to.
Which, in essence, is compromising the brotherhood.

----

SnazzyJabs.

rob.davies2014
12-22-2011, 04:59 PM
I think the fact that Gabe Graziani has withdrawn his dismissal of this man, seriously supports the theory that Ezio was murdered.
On the Wiki, someone suggested as an explanation for why Ezio was murdered, that the Templars were aware that he was aiding Jun and giving her advice on how to strengthen the Chinese Assassins, so he still posed something of a threat.

snazzyjabber123
12-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Above comment =D

True, but you would kill Jun, and not old Ezio.

rob.davies2014
12-24-2011, 04:45 AM
I doubt Jun had a peaceful trip back to China.
Maybe the Italian Templars thought they'd leave her to the Chinese Templars because she was more of a challenge, but an old man resting on a bench they could handle.
I'm so glad someone spotted that cross, it's given Embers a entirely new significance!

snazzyjabber123
12-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Stop with thinking that because Ezio is a legendary assassin, he was poisoned.
You know that Ezio died of old age, and a heart attack , NOT CAUSED BY POISON.
You had to accept that ezio died because of that.
He was no longer important.
Altaïr also died of old age, and was just as awesome as Ezio.
You= "No way did Ezio die of a heart attack, he is too f•••••g awesome to die naturally. He was poisoned! I know it!"
Others= "It was confirmed like 500 times, he died of a heart attack caused by old age. That guy was nobody, as confirmed by Gabe Graziani, the community dev who is well informed by all the other devs of what happened."
Quote.
but an old man resting on a bench they could handle.
But why would they?
It was a waste of poison, he had no apple, he knew of no new vaults, and killing him would achieve nothing.
They wanted pieces of Eden.
And when you want them from somebody, you dont kill them then search everywhere for it. You interrogate.
And even if they did, Flavia, Sophia and (other child of Ezio =D) lived.
Their house was not raided for it.
Abstergo wants POE. They find Desmond. They USE desmond. They (try to) kill desmond when done.
Not "Find Desmond.Kill Desmond.Look everywhere that desmond ever went.

rob.davies2014
12-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Stop with thinking that because Ezio is a legendary assassin, he was poisoned.
I don't think that's the reason he was poisoned. I think, if he was poisoned, it would be because of his aiding Jun with reforming the Assassin Order in China.

You know that Ezio died of old age, and a heart attack , NOT CAUSED BY POISON.
We don't know that. It's a possibility as is the idea that he was poisoned. I'm not saying that's what actually happened, we can't know for sure.

You= "No way did Ezio die of a heart attack, he is too f•••••g awesome to die naturally. He was poisoned! I know it!"
I don't recall saying that and I certainly don't believe someone's "awesomeness", no matter how awesome, can prevent natural death.

Others= "It was confirmed like 500 times, he died of a heart attack caused by old age.
Could you direct me to 1 of these 500 confirmations?

That guy was nobody, as confirmed by Gabe Graziani, the community dev who is well informed by all the other devs of what happened."
A few days ago, following the revelation of the cross on the bracer, someone tweeted to Gabe; "I thought you confirmed him as just noone" to which Gabe replied: "I did, but in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have confirmed anything. It would seem I don't have the full story"

Quote.
but an old man resting on a bench they could handle.
But why would they?
It was a waste of poison, he had no apple, he knew of no new vaults, and killing him would achieve nothing.
As I posted earlier, he was instructing Jun on how to strengthen the Assassin Order in China, obviously the Templars don't want this so it's reasonable to say that they'd try to eliminate the possibility of him aiding any other Assassin branches.
I'm not saying that he was definitely poisoned but I don't think it's a possibility we can rule out.
Thanks for reading. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

snazzyjabber123
12-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Above comment... ( how to quote?)
True. We can not know, only suspect.
In all the poisoning cutscenes we have seen so far, they go mental and start spinning around like mad, then die.
Also, Ezio's senses were still finely tuned, as shown in the epic battle.

rob.davies2014
12-26-2011, 06:24 AM
There's a button on the lower left corner of posts which looks like a folder with quotations on it. Use that to reply and to quote a post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

In all the poisoning cutscenes we have seen so far, they go mental and start spinning around like mad, then die.
There are many different types of poison with varying effects.

Also, Ezio's senses were still finely tuned, as shown in the epic battle.
He probably wasn't using Eagle Vision at the time. I doubt he was expecting any conflict in that square and he seemed very relaxed watching his wife and child. I don't think he would have picked up on any subtle danger until it was too late.

snazzyjabber123
12-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by RussellSparrow:
There's a button on the lower left corner of posts which looks like a folder with quotations on it. Use that to reply and to quote a post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thank you.

He wouldn't have expected somebody stalking them in Florence, but his senses did.

eagleman31707
12-26-2011, 05:44 PM
i think he died from a heart attack cuz he was clinching his chest before d end

snazzyjabber123
12-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by eagleman31707:
i think he died from a heart attack cuz he was clinching his chest before d end
Yes, and if you mean natural heart attack, I agree.

May the Brotherhood be with you

Qayinz
12-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey guys.

i think he in-fact was poisoned, and ill say why:

1.i Do think there was a Templar sign, i did what was instructed, went frame by frame and say it.
2.by taking back the fact he was nobody means he is somebody 100%
3.to me it looks like right after the dude says "Prego?" he moves forward, and Ezio's eyes open widely as if he has been stabbed.
4.the Templar has this odd bracer under his right arm only, why not both? i think there is a blade there.
5. after seeing that, i went frame by frame again and when he holds his hand it looks like there is something shinning under the orange bracer
6.after that scene, Ezio looks into the templars eyes, then LOOKS DOWN, as if seeing the blade. then back up, and the Templar nods.
7. lastly, it looks like before the "Get some rest", Ezios hand, which was moved earlier to the painful area, rests very low on his ribcage, as if, this is were he has been stabbed, and then is moved close to the throat, as if his air supply is failing.
8.never heard of a peaceful and instant heart attack, it usually comes with terrible pain that causes people to grip their chest where the heart is.

Thanks for reading.

Erikiso
12-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Qayinz:

This. I'm 100% positive that he was murdered. Why would the guy even leave the scene if he wasn't the murderer? Also it's pretty obvious that he did something more than only hold Ezios hand. Why else would Ezio look so surprised?

Or then again, I could be wrong. But i'm fairly sure that this is the case.

Also, so sadhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

EDIT: notice that when Ezio looks down, he most likely sees the Templar sign and realizes that he had been poisoned with a needle or something similar because he doesn't realize it at first.

He most likely knew that this was going happen, that's why he wrote the letter.

The1Scarecrow
12-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I too believe the man was a Templar and that Ezio did not die a natural death. Was so sad when he died, although it was inevitable.

I am hesitant to post my opinion because I don't want people yelling at me like they have to previous people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

HX422
12-28-2011, 06:55 PM
Well, Ezio had the letter sealed, and he insisted that he went. This means that he knew what was going to happen. If that guy was a Templar, we can all agree that Ezio knew that, and that he could've killed him right in the scene. Ezio chose to die, he had seen enough for one life, he had eard his rest. Ezio chose it.

xxNINJAxx781
12-29-2011, 10:21 PM
im guessing the guy on the bench new ezio was old and feeble, so grabbing his hand simply startled ezio and probobly raised his senses, causing a heart attack. balls

Duscae_
12-30-2011, 07:34 AM
Qayinz going to what you said I went on a translate site and the meanings of Prego is beg or pray so it is quite possible that Ezio was killed by a templar.

cakeSlayer
01-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I know this thread is old but this is so hilarious I had to say something. Isn't this something Ahmet said at the end of AC:Revelations? How you can show people the truth of something and they still refuse to acknowledge it? There's photographic evidence that the guy sitting next to Ezio is a young Templar and people are still scrambling over their own elbows to try and explain away why there's a Templar cross on the guy and yet he's not a Templar.

All of you arguing against the PHOTO RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE are obviously Templars.

Euan2711
01-13-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Ezio wouldn't just let himself be murdered knowing that his family could still be at risk from the Templar, i'm sure he'd of done something, you don't just sit and smile at your family when the enemies that you've been hiding your family from turns up right in front of them, Ezio reacted instantly when he seen Shao with his daughter, i'm sure he'd of acted the same if he believed the templar to be a threat ( Just my opinion )

Belphegorn
01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
IMO, the young man was... death. Death that embodied everything that Ezio was fighting and everything he has been many years ago.

Resemblance? Sure! Scar on his face, cockiness, high self-esteem, "specific" interest in women... He is just like Ezio was 40 years before, when we were starting AC2!
The guy COULD have a Templar Cross - that would be a type of Death's "practical joke" to show the irony of life and to take sides (EVIL) in the conflict that Ezio (GOOD) was fighting through it's course.
What about the fact that Ezio seems to be the only person that sees and hears him? The fact that he stops Ezio's hand when he wants to cover his mouth while coughing? He coughs and tries to fight the cough many times in the film. Now, there was no need to do it... He's time has come. Coughing is irrelevant. Just imagine, you are old, sitting in the park, an unknown man sits right next to you and just when you want to cough and cover your lips he firmly grabs and holds your hand, stops it from rising... WTF? They have DEFINITELY never met before but Ezio "used" him countless times in his life... He inflicted death so many times but only now has realised that he has come for him.

Death has no form and chooses the way one leaves this world. I guess through respect and dignity Ezio's passing away was gentle and bore signs of a "fair trade". Death could have just made him fall off the roof etc. but his deeds made death respect him and therefore he deserved a delicate end... He even understood it ALL just before dying... Something that most of us will never have a privilege to feel...

Apart from that, there are three things I would like to mention:

1). Ezio is not real and his life is not based on a true story. Stop looking for consistency and logic as all 4 main games contradict some of their own facts many times during play. It's a script and it's played! -but- It's a script and it contains logical errors, just like all the other movies! Don't try to look into Ezio's desires, thoughts, dogmas or personal feelings. If the authors decided he would get killed slipping on a banana, he would. What's the point trying to think it was a banana thrown by a Templar from a rooftop?

2). Everything that the graphic artist put in the frame was INTENTIONAL. This is not a camera-shot film - there are NO by-passers that got caught in the frame incidentally. There are no unspoken words, there are no unseen shadows and lastly there are no unwanted Templar Crosses... All the Templar Crosses that we see on the screen ARE intentional. However...

3). This "fictional truth" is NOT real-life truth. Real-life truth has logic, natural cause and event, motif, action and reactions. The in-game truth is STAGED... Since officials from UBI had missed the Templar Cross at first and then withdrawn from ANY further suggestions and statements this clearly confirms that they did not know EVERYTHING about this movie and the Cross' presence changes it all. If the above mentioned graphic artist had put this red "element" there without consulting the script writer and director of the movie he may have altered the meaning of the movie from the original concept (and is probably looking for a job now). However, this all means that there is no point for us to look for logic and real-life motifs that could have been or could not have been driving the characters as there seem to be at least TWO different people trying to tell us the same story from DIFFERENT perspectives... It' like trying to figure out: 2 + x + y = 1,000 There are hundreds of ways to fix this equation and they will all be "correct" but none will be TRUE.

PS.

- Who are the horse riders that approach Ezio's house when his Chinese friend is about to leave?
- What do you think is in the chest that Ezio gives her?

misguidedAre2
01-24-2012, 10:29 PM
I think the same

kenshijr
01-31-2012, 06:15 AM

His whole reason for being there was to show how Ezio's life had come full circle. The young man was created to be a near perfect mirror image of Ezio himself at that age.

thats a very good guess, afterall ezio was a young playboy in the beginning of AC2, talking bout women and all. I just think its crazy both ezio and altair die sitting on a chair, maybe ironic. both of them mentors, killed hundreds of people possibly thousands. you never know desmond might die while sitting on the animus at the end of AC3:D

jrutter
02-27-2012, 08:02 PM
i agree with this. i see no reason to believe he was poisoned. Ezio knew he was dying anyway ("now i fear i do not have enough time to do anything."), and so did the guy that sat down beside him. at this point, even if the guy was a templar, it'd be considered euthanasia, not assassination. I will say, though. I appreciate Ubisoft's storytelling, and the fact that they told his entire life....even his death. I think the confusing part is the ambiguity of what passes between Ezio and the man. I don't see a look of "i just killed you", I see of look of understanding as ezio realizes something, and the man realizes he realizes it, like "the reaper" showing up in ezio's last moments. i don't really see a heart problem, what ezio has looks more like tuberculosis or something along those lines. he has problems breathing.

jrutter
02-28-2012, 06:51 AM
i have yet to see this templar cross. i have watched this scene, going back, pausing, framing, etc...there is no cross on this guy's arm. i think it's a case, much like religion, of scotoma - the minds see what it wants to see.

the "death incarnate" theory doesn't even make sense to the game itself. if i had to guess, i'd say that the guy was all ezio's imagination, like his life passing before his eyes (or in your meta-writer's pov, the writer's intention, purposefully ambiguous for people to see it how they like.) ezio has never seemed to be superstitious, and his statement "and love, most especially, mio caro, for you, our children, our brothers and sisters, and for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life and keeps us guessing." says to me that he is a Humanist (note, the capital H).

yes, we know it's a game. no, his story isn't real. of course some things don't make sense. rarely ever is a book, game, movie, or any other form of media perfect. take the bible, likely the most contradictory holy book ever to exist. and then look at how many people believe that nonsense. what is interesting is your comment talks about everything being purposefully placed, but you think it isn't symbolic? the eagle. viewpoints. the grandson of a peasant assuming the role of nobility? I think maybe you're confused, or don't like poetry. many of the elements were real, to an extent. or maybe they weren't. maybe we're all ruled by china, and it built the roman pantheon 100 years ago and made it look that way.

and i agree with logic. as far as i'm concerned, all knowledge/truth is empirical, either through science, or through personal experience. beliefs aren't necessarily true. they are only accepted or rejected as true (accepted as true or false). i'm sitting here, typing this, the intro to the first assassin's creed playing on my tv, in a specific house in a specific city in mid-west USA at a specific hour according to man-made concepts of time...this is true, and MY truth as it reflects an actual event.
it is true i am an atheist, a secular humanist. but this isn't a truth that anyone can sense, it is one they must infer or accept as I say it. it is true i am a political independent, but hang mostly on the democratic side. but where human concepts generally fail is that they cannot achieve a reality that turns "truth" into fact. no matter how much someone believes 2+x+y=1000, until it is applied to this reality, it means nothing....not even nothing (as nothingness is a concept in its own right. the same with religion, the same with any other artistic/creative expression, logical or abstract.) this is why we hope "fight to preserve that which inspires hope, and you will win back your people" - meaning isn't found in dreams, hope is for people to have the ability to create meaning by turning their dreams into realities.
and this is how i relate to ezio. to serve the general welfare of humanity, and the freedom from manipulative officials (often the christian right), i often debate both religion and politics (walking in the dark to serve the light - reason, liberty. i don't normally care what people believe...until they try to force it onto others. currently, there are a few states that are trying to get rid of their separation of church and state clauses in their constitutions, and we all know the many different churches would love to annihilate that in the federal constitution). it is an allegory with parallels to my own life in many ways. a continual search for truth means you cannot have found an absolute.
even AC's motto is a paradox: nothing is true, everything is permitted. the first part makes no sense at all. "cogito, ergo sum" confirms that anything able to utter such a phrase must exist (either phrase). as a philosophical concept, "nothing" cannot be proven, as you cannot supply premises that don't exist to confirm a conclusion no one can exist to utter. theoretically, you can say nothing about nothing. as a general concept, "nothing is true", if it were the case, then that statement alone must be true, and it defies its intended meaning. "everything is permitted" - yea. this is why i can fly, like Icarus, too close to the sun. it's simply not true. only in my mind can i achieve such a feat (and if we all took our own beliefs and imaginations to be true, we wouldn't agree on anything at all). and it seems to touch on the matrix idea that reality is an illusion (a holographic double created through radiation and cognition), kind of a platonic allegory of the cave, duality idea. Plato. the king of ambiguity.

at any rate, ezio seems to represent a person's own journey through history, philosophy, political theory, even science (hinted at by characters like Leonardo) should they choose to take it. his wife? sofia - italian spelling of sophia, greek for wisdom (philosophia - love of wisdom). his brotherhood is, ultimately, mankind, but his "brotherhood" is merely its keepers.

"popolo e liberta!!!!"

Sukramo
03-01-2012, 03:13 PM

No. That person was nothing like Ezio.

Anyway, they should have made it really obvious that he was poisioned or that person shouldnt have have been there at all.

reaper_jr_915
03-07-2012, 06:18 AM
maybe he nazi jk nah that guy was nobody

reaper_jr_915
03-07-2012, 06:22 AM
the apple

EscoBlades
03-07-2012, 09:03 PM
7 pages huh?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ambiguity - just saying. Maybe best to just leave it be. It might have been written specifically that way. Maybe there is no grand revelatory answer. He may have just died...shocking i know, lol.

oliacr
03-18-2012, 07:05 PM
It was a heart attack.

SirrGalahad
03-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Before I get a particular theory of how Ezio dies I want to interject some viewpoints. Also, keep in mind these are all just speculations and opinions though some of it has to do with facts from the game. If you just want to see my theory skip down to "now my theory..."

First, for those of you who believe that there is no reason to kill Ezio because he is old I feel doesn't make sense. This is covered earlier but I'd like to reiterate the fact. The reason that the Templar's would still like to kill Ezio is they seek to kill those who hold truth, or knowledge of something because they threaten the Templar's bigger picture. Ezio has a lot of knowledge of how the Templar order works (since he's been fighting and winning for so long against them), as well as the knowledge of how to build a successful Assassin order (his multiple orders throughout all three games). This comes from first hand knowledge of being a master assassin for 30 years as well as the knowledge that stemmed from the Masaf Keys to learn how Altair empowered his Assassin order. Also, we have to keep in mind that Ezio held the Apple of Eden for a while which grants more knowledge as well. So in the eyes of the Templar's even though he is old and can't fight as well he is still a threat because his knowledge can still bring down kingdoms (stemming from Altair returning to Masaf in Assassin's Creed: Revelations at a really old age and reclaiming the assassin order and then building upon that to make it really powerful again even though he could not fight (without the use of the Apple at least). Also, to add to this point he is teaching Jun or whatever her name is the ideals of the assassin order so that she can gain power and push back the Templar's. So Ezio is definitely still a threat.

Second, for those people who think the man who sat on the bench is a not important because he's no one special. There are at least two different meanings that "not important" and "no one special" can mean. The first, being he is a not important because he is simply a random character that was added only to add to the backround. The Second, being he is not important or special because the character itself serves no purpose to the story other than whatever connection he has with Ezio until his death. Meaning they do not continue to explore and go into the depth of this character at any other time. Personally I feel like the latter is true because when you create a movie or a work of fiction you do not put in things that do not pertain to the story you are trying to tell. Obviously this person is important because they show a close up of him interact and have dialogue with the main protagonists (Ezio) and show him walking away. If he were not important to the story then he would not have been in the story in the first place. It would have just been Ezio on a bench alone, who then dies. However, this is not what the writers/directors/animation dudes wanted. Therefore, in my opinion due to the process of elimination he is important.

Third, for those people who keep speculating that they see a hidden blade, or that Ezio is poisoned by a hidden blade I find this hard to believe. The reason for is because Templar's don't use hidden blades. That's the trademark of an assassin. So in my opinion if the man truly poisoned Ezio he didn't use a hidden blade to do so.

Fourth, kind of stemming off the last one is I'm not convinced that Ezio is poisoned. Now obviously this is the point where a lot of controversy lies but allow me to try and argue my point. This next part you should take with a grain of salt since I only have a two examples and there may be other examples that disprove my point. But, Templar's usually are very vocal and public about the people they kill. For example in Assassin's Creed: II the Templar's kill your family by hanging them so everyone can see. Instead, they could have just come into your house and killed everyone and then covered it up. The second instance where Templar's assassinate somebody or try to at least is when they try to kill the Medici's. This takes place in the middle of Mass or something and is very public and sort of vocal. I feel there may be other instances but these are the only two that pop in my head. So, my point is that if the Templar's wanted to kill an Assassin, especially a Master Assassin they would do so in a public way. After all they usually have major players high up in the hierarchy. My other point is that only Assassin's kill people without anyone knowing. Since personally I've never seen a Templar go all stealth to go kill someone I find it hard to believe that this is a Templar. Now at this point you may be saying "you stupid dumb blind person haven't you seen all the pictures of the dude having a Templar sign on his vambrace?" My re****al to that is yes I have and no I don't have an answer for that. Now, you also might be saying "earlier you also stated that those who create fiction put everything in there for a reason, clearly this is in the video so what's the reason?" My answer to that is I really have no clue. Perhaps it's an easter egg. Or going off the theory that the man may be death perhaps it's symbolic in showing that the Templar's kill a lot of people, but so did Ezio, so instead of the symbol symbolizing Templar's it's a symbol for death. After all everyone that really dies is due to the quarrel between the Templar's and Assassin's so why wouldn't death take up that symbol. As well as perhaps death comes to us all in something that we can recognize. In Ezio's case it would be a Templar since that is how he always expected to die. Also, I do not believe Ezio was poisoned because he is still very aware of his surroundings. For example earlier in Embers when Jun first arrives he runs at her sensing a possible danger. A second example is when he is in the market and you see the first fight scene happen. A third is when the people bust into his house. The fourth is the horses appearing when Jun leaves. Also, being the assassin he is he knows the highest probability of being attacked is while he is in the city so he is going to be on edge. People have also already brought up how he is very protective of his family. Two examples would be him attacking Jun when they first meet and also when he sends his family away after hearing who is following Jun. So if he perceived any threat he would have made it known to his family. People also brought up eagle vision which he could use to perceive threats as well. So in my opinion the probability of Ezio being quietly assassinated while his family is so close is really very hard to believe.

Now for my theory of how Ezio died. Going off of what other people have said I believe the person that sat down next to Ezio is death. Mangaroca007 put it into really good words before he got to his numbering so you can just go back and find it since it would be a big quote in an already big text. Anyways I'm going to reiterate what he said but with examples. So, the man is death. Some things that back up my notion is if you notice at 2:30 in Assassin's Creed: Embers there is a figure in the distance that Ezio see's but then a moment later he is gone. Now this could be Jun, or people who are following Jun, but for my theory I'm going to say this is death. This figure symbolizes that death is on the horizon and getting close. Ezio also knows that he is probably close to death because he is writing a goodbye letter to Sofia. Also, throughout Embers Ezio is seen coughing. Someone else in this post pointed out that this could be caused by him running through the cave in Cappadocia. Though I find this hard to swallow because it was only for a little while and he was still youngish so the cilia and the years should have healed him from that it still could have played a factor into his death. Others have brought up tuberculosis which i doubt happened as well because that causes blood to come out when coughing which is never shown. However, near the end at 17:18 - 17:34 it shows Ezio coughing heavily and then clutching his chest leading into the fact that he is getting worse and he feels pain in his chest. Then moments after Sofia comes in and tells him they will be back after dark. He signals to give him a minute because he wants to go with them which hints that he knows he doesn't have a lot of time and he doesn't want to die alone without them and he also completed his goodbye letter so he is finally at peace to die. Then at 17:54 Sofia as she helps him sit down on the bench tells him he should have stayed home in which he replies with he is home. This hints at what better way to die than at home with two people that you love. As they walk away he smiles. Then comes the man, or I'm going to call death, that sits down next to him. Death then is kind of a shadow of what Ezio's life was like in the beginning with being a player and wanted to get out of Venice. Ezio then responds with "I don't think the problem is Venice" which means that Ezio has come full circle and finally realizes that places are only as good as the people who are in it. Death smiles before responding kind of saying non-verbally that he's glad that Ezio has finally come to that realization and then responds with "sorry" or "pardon" before he grabs Ezio's hand to comfort him before he goes into his coughing fit saying "have courage old man" which resembles what he has told people he has assassinated before they are carried away with death. In which Ezio responds non-verbally at first with confusion and then with understanding (since he realizes it is death since he is so familiar with it since he has given it over to so many) and then it shows death nodding to what he is thinking which is "so death you have finally come for me." Death then says "get some rest" before he walks away. Death then allows Ezio a moment before he takes him so that he may look up at his family. Ezio then smiles because he is at peace in his home and with his family and then he is carried off with death (So if he were poisoned I doubt that would be his expression).

So, in my humble opinion Ezio died sitting next to his long time friend death, in the company of his family, and in his home Venice. Requiescat in pace Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

FilipinoNinja67
03-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Well, considering Ezio only wore about 5-6 different outfits throughout his entire life, im guessing he got his robes dirty at some point, never washed it, then BAM! All of the antigens built up on his outfit finally come together and formed a templar disease that supports the templars! They then attempted at taking Ezio's life back when he was 17 and finally succeded when he was older!

Streifeng
03-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Even though I know that arguing on the internet is about as fundamentally useless as arguing with rain, I'd like to at least point out some things:

1. Ezio is afraid of his past coming to get his family. That's a recurring theme in the story.

2. He is old and wheezing & coughing, but medically speaking, that has nothing to do with heart attacks. Look up "heart attack symptoms" if you need to.

3. The man who sits down next to him has a thin facial scar. His face wasn't smashed or anything - there's a higher chance of it being a blade scar than anything else considering the time period.

4. The scarred man is wearing a vambrace. A vambrace is typically worn for combat purposes and it is odd that this man is wearing normal clothes other than the 1 vambrace on his right arm. I'd have a hard time believing it's a fashion thing.

5. The symbol on the vambrace. Although I clearly can see the red templar's cross on the vambrace, people who can't see it or claim that it is irrelevant will probably not be convinced otherwise. Despite this, I'd like to point out that if the symbol had no relevance, why would the animators even bother putting it in there in the first place?

6. He touches Ezio with the hand wearing the vambrace twice - when he grabs his hand, and when he sorta pats his shoulder. There IS a sound when the scarred man gets up, but it's arguable as to what we are hearing, so it could be something important or not, but I have a hard time believing that this scarred man was just being supportive when he touches Ezio.

7. What the scarred man says: "Courage, old man" = Have courage in the face of your death old man.
"Get some rest" = "Rest in peace" remember how Ezio would often say "Requiescat en Pace" or "Rest in Peace" after his assassinations?

I find it hard to believe that this "random nobody" (which was already retracted) would tell Ezio to have Courage in the face of his sudden "heart attack" and that he would say "get some rest" because he was concerned about Ezio's health.

What seems much more likely is that he is a templar that has poisoned Ezio, tells Ezio to have Courage facing his death, and to get some Rest (RIP).

In this context, Ezio's facial expressions make quite a bit of sense. Ezio's final look of relief is from seeing that his daughter and Sofia are not this man's target.

Using the "Occam's Razor" theory that the simplest explanation is the most likely, in a story whose lore is based on "Assassins versus Templars", it seems highly likely that an old knowledgeable assassin who has just proved that he still has knowledge that he can pass on, is being killed in broad daylight by a Templar so that he cannot share his wisdom with anyone else. Even the scarred man's comment about the women of Roma being like fine grapes implies that he already knows that Ezio is currently a grape farmer (because both Assassins and Templars do their research on their targets).

One last comment - Ezio being a charming ladies' man is pretty different from the other man complaining about the women of Florence look. I'm surprised that this needs to be pointed out.

Gold333
04-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Time to put this to rest: Ezio was poisoned.

It seems most posters here are just very young kids or know nothing about acting or storyboarding animation.

Here are 3 consecutive frames captured from Embers 720p (filename: AcEmbers_English_1280x720_GAMESTOP.mov). The frames are captured consecutively using VLC as a player and slowing down the video to 0.125x.

Remember these 3 frames are consecutive, i.e. there exist no frames in between them

Frame 1:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/24lpndj.jpg

Frame 2:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/358cfp1.jpg

Frame 3:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/xknipu.jpg

You can clearly see in the middle frame that the Templar cross has been layered on to the single frame (yes 1 frame) at twice the resolution of the surrounding graphics. It has been inserted in that 1 frame (1 frame and therefore essentially hidden), layered at twice the resolution of the other frames by Ubisoft.

Brightened:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/j64b5j.jpg

Animation of those 3 consecutive frames:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/15q9ix2.jpg

It looks like a bad Photoshop job, but this is from the official Ubisoft release of Embers (filename: AcEmbers_English_1280x720_GAMESTOP.mov).

People arguing against Ezio being poisoned clearly know little about acting or how storyboards run or don't recognise it.

1. The young man sits, clutches the top of Ezio's hand, something comes out of his vambrace and poisones Ezio at the back of the hand. You can see the fabric of Ezio's sleeve pulled taught as the video runs.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2jz0gx.jpg

2. The young man smiles and says "Have courage old timer".

http://oi42.tinypic.com/5jtf87.jpg

3. Ezio's looks down at his own hand where he was stabbed. He is breathing heavily (as throughout the video) due to his age and condition.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/nugc9.jpg

4. Ezio stops breathing and freezes completely still as he looks the young man in the eye. He is shocked as he realizes what has happened.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/ake3a8.jpg

5. The young man smiles and nods in acknowledgement. He says: "Get some rest huh?"
Requiescat in pace.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/11rr9mo.jpg

The reason not everything is clear is that Ubisoft wanted people to keep guessing what happened and to leave Ezio's end an enigma of sorts. That is why it is so ambiguous. Ezio is coughing all the way through Embers to set up this ending enigma. Unfortunately the 1-frame of the superimposed Templar cross on top of the 720p background gives it away. He was in fact poisoned. Gabe also gave it away when he said he had spoken too soon about the young mean being a nobody and that he didn't know the full story when he was quoted.

So stop asking why the Templars would have an old Ezio killed, ask yourself if you were tasked to write the ending of Assassin's Creed Embers, from a studio standpoint; this ambiguous way is how it would be done by a professional canon writer in order to keep people talking about it.

He was going to die anyway so it is a shame Ezio was killed by the templars in the end. But this death in terms of Creed canon reminds us even more of why we will be rooting for Connor Ratohnhaké:ton to fight the templars in AC3. It is a wise and (through its ambiguity) a beautiful ending for ACII-ACB-ACR. But it is sad.

In terms of end result the sequence could have been story boarded and written better. As written dialogue the bench sequence leaned so far towards the young man being a random/vague/innocent character that Ubisoft felt obliged to insert the 1 frame templar cross layer, which very crudely kills any ambiguity.

PS: That Abeonis guy on page 2 and 3 of this thread had his head so far up his own *** it was remarkable.

NinjaSpartanII
04-22-2012, 04:09 AM
Before I get a particular theory of how Ezio dies I want to interject some viewpoints. Also, keep in mind these are all just speculations and opinions though some of it has to do with facts from the game. If you just want to see my theory skip down to "now my theory..."

First, for those of you who believe that there is no reason to kill Ezio because he is old I feel doesn't make sense. This is covered earlier but I'd like to reiterate the fact. The reason that the Templar's would still like to kill Ezio is they seek to kill those who hold truth, or knowledge of something because they threaten the Templar's bigger picture. Ezio has a lot of knowledge of how the Templar order works (since he's been fighting and winning for so long against them), as well as the knowledge of how to build a successful Assassin order (his multiple orders throughout all three games). This comes from first hand knowledge of being a master assassin for 30 years as well as the knowledge that stemmed from the Masaf Keys to learn how Altair empowered his Assassin order. Also, we have to keep in mind that Ezio held the Apple of Eden for a while which grants more knowledge as well. So in the eyes of the Templar's even though he is old and can't fight as well he is still a threat because his knowledge can still bring down kingdoms (stemming from Altair returning to Masaf in Assassin's Creed: Revelations at a really old age and reclaiming the assassin order and then building upon that to make it really powerful again even though he could not fight (without the use of the Apple at least). Also, to add to this point he is teaching Jun or whatever her name is the ideals of the assassin order so that she can gain power and push back the Templar's. So Ezio is definitely still a threat.

Second, for those people who think the man who sat on the bench is a not important because he's no one special. There are at least two different meanings that "not important" and "no one special" can mean. The first, being he is a not important because he is simply a random character that was added only to add to the backround. The Second, being he is not important or special because the character itself serves no purpose to the story other than whatever connection he has with Ezio until his death. Meaning they do not continue to explore and go into the depth of this character at any other time. Personally I feel like the latter is true because when you create a movie or a work of fiction you do not put in things that do not pertain to the story you are trying to tell. Obviously this person is important because they show a close up of him interact and have dialogue with the main protagonists (Ezio) and show him walking away. If he were not important to the story then he would not have been in the story in the first place. It would have just been Ezio on a bench alone, who then dies. However, this is not what the writers/directors/animation dudes wanted. Therefore, in my opinion due to the process of elimination he is important.

Third, for those people who keep speculating that they see a hidden blade, or that Ezio is poisoned by a hidden blade I find this hard to believe. The reason for is because Templar's don't use hidden blades. That's the trademark of an assassin. So in my opinion if the man truly poisoned Ezio he didn't use a hidden blade to do so.

Fourth, kind of stemming off the last one is I'm not convinced that Ezio is poisoned. Now obviously this is the point where a lot of controversy lies but allow me to try and argue my point. This next part you should take with a grain of salt since I only have a two examples and there may be other examples that disprove my point. But, Templar's usually are very vocal and public about the people they kill. For example in Assassin's Creed: II the Templar's kill your family by hanging them so everyone can see. Instead, they could have just come into your house and killed everyone and then covered it up. The second instance where Templar's assassinate somebody or try to at least is when they try to kill the Medici's. This takes place in the middle of Mass or something and is very public and sort of vocal. I feel there may be other instances but these are the only two that pop in my head. So, my point is that if the Templar's wanted to kill an Assassin, especially a Master Assassin they would do so in a public way. After all they usually have major players high up in the hierarchy. My other point is that only Assassin's kill people without anyone knowing. Since personally I've never seen a Templar go all stealth to go kill someone I find it hard to believe that this is a Templar. Now at this point you may be saying "you stupid dumb blind person haven't you seen all the pictures of the dude having a Templar sign on his vambrace?" My re****al to that is yes I have and no I don't have an answer for that. Now, you also might be saying "earlier you also stated that those who create fiction put everything in there for a reason, clearly this is in the video so what's the reason?" My answer to that is I really have no clue. Perhaps it's an easter egg. Or going off the theory that the man may be death perhaps it's symbolic in showing that the Templar's kill a lot of people, but so did Ezio, so instead of the symbol symbolizing Templar's it's a symbol for death. After all everyone that really dies is due to the quarrel between the Templar's and Assassin's so why wouldn't death take up that symbol. As well as perhaps death comes to us all in something that we can recognize. In Ezio's case it would be a Templar since that is how he always expected to die. Also, I do not believe Ezio was poisoned because he is still very aware of his surroundings. For example earlier in Embers when Jun first arrives he runs at her sensing a possible danger. A second example is when he is in the market and you see the first fight scene happen. A third is when the people bust into his house. The fourth is the horses appearing when Jun leaves. Also, being the assassin he is he knows the highest probability of being attacked is while he is in the city so he is going to be on edge. People have also already brought up how he is very protective of his family. Two examples would be him attacking Jun when they first meet and also when he sends his family away after hearing who is following Jun. So if he perceived any threat he would have made it known to his family. People also brought up eagle vision which he could use to perceive threats as well. So in my opinion the probability of Ezio being quietly assassinated while his family is so close is really very hard to believe.

Now for my theory of how Ezio died. Going off of what other people have said I believe the person that sat down next to Ezio is death. Mangaroca007 put it into really good words before he got to his numbering so you can just go back and find it since it would be a big quote in an already big text. Anyways I'm going to reiterate what he said but with examples. So, the man is death. Some things that back up my notion is if you notice at 2:30 in Assassin's Creed: Embers there is a figure in the distance that Ezio see's but then a moment later he is gone. Now this could be Jun, or people who are following Jun, but for my theory I'm going to say this is death. This figure symbolizes that death is on the horizon and getting close. Ezio also knows that he is probably close to death because he is writing a goodbye letter to Sofia. Also, throughout Embers Ezio is seen coughing. Someone else in this post pointed out that this could be caused by him running through the cave in Cappadocia. Though I find this hard to swallow because it was only for a little while and he was still youngish so the cilia and the years should have healed him from that it still could have played a factor into his death. Others have brought up tuberculosis which i doubt happened as well because that causes blood to come out when coughing which is never shown. However, near the end at 17:18 - 17:34 it shows Ezio coughing heavily and then clutching his chest leading into the fact that he is getting worse and he feels pain in his chest. Then moments after Sofia comes in and tells him they will be back after dark. He signals to give him a minute because he wants to go with them which hints that he knows he doesn't have a lot of time and he doesn't want to die alone without them and he also completed his goodbye letter so he is finally at peace to die. Then at 17:54 Sofia as she helps him sit down on the bench tells him he should have stayed home in which he replies with he is home. This hints at what better way to die than at home with two people that you love. As they walk away he smiles. Then comes the man, or I'm going to call death, that sits down next to him. Death then is kind of a shadow of what Ezio's life was like in the beginning with being a player and wanted to get out of Venice. Ezio then responds with "I don't think the problem is Venice" which means that Ezio has come full circle and finally realizes that places are only as good as the people who are in it. Death smiles before responding kind of saying non-verbally that he's glad that Ezio has finally come to that realization and then responds with "sorry" or "pardon" before he grabs Ezio's hand to comfort him before he goes into his coughing fit saying "have courage old man" which resembles what he has told people he has assassinated before they are carried away with death. In which Ezio responds non-verbally at first with confusion and then with understanding (since he realizes it is death since he is so familiar with it since he has given it over to so many) and then it shows death nodding to what he is thinking which is "so death you have finally come for me." Death then says "get some rest" before he walks away. Death then allows Ezio a moment before he takes him so that he may look up at his family. Ezio then smiles because he is at peace in his home and with his family and then he is carried off with death (So if he were poisoned I doubt that would be his expression).

So, in my humble opinion Ezio died sitting next to his long time friend death, in the company of his family, and in his home Venice. Requiescat in pace Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

i think darkstar6265 is right, to an extent, and to be shorter , yes the guy could have been death. But what i think is a bit different. I think that Ezio was having health issues, and he knows he is going to die, since he wrote the letter. And since he knows he is going to die, he goes to the market to see his family, and sits on a bench. But what he doesn't realize is that at that point, he starts hallucinating. He sees the guy, who really wasn't there. Then, it shows him with the templar cross because since ezio is hallucinatung, he is being paranoid about his last day on earth. So, to be discreet, he keeps a normal face. Then, as the guy is talking, he says things ezio would have said as a young man, which leads to me vagely thinking he might be a form of Ezio when he was young. Ths is supported by him having a scar on his mouth, and although in a different place, Ezio also had a scar, and it means the kid wasn't afraid to fight, like Ezio. Then, as the kid grabs Ezio's hand and comforts him, Ezio realizes with the look on his face that it is a lot like him, and realizes he is going to die, and this is a form of warning. Then the hallucination "Ezio" nods to confirm it is a form of Ezio. and as he leaves, he takes Ezio's life with him, and Ezio smiles at his family before dying. I also don't think the guy poisoned him since he does not do anything that shows him poisoning Ezio, and doesn't have a poisoned blade on his vambrace. This is what i belive

Gold333
04-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Then, as the guy is talking, he says things ezio would have said as a young man, which leads to me vagely thinking he might be a form of Ezio when he was young.

Ubisoft gave the young man the specific lecherous dialogue ("the filthy, ugly women of Firenze") so it would be obvious to the viewer the young man was not Ezio's early years, but a foreign templar (possibly from Roma or Venezia) who came to Ezio's beloved Firenze to poison him.

dannyboy1487
06-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Actually he did not poison him because ezio was already having heart problems so it is either a teenager just there to remind him of his young life or its his brother signaling that it is his time because if you look at ezio when he looks at him his face lights up with delight, but i wish they didnt show him die because it is sad

JmOrbe
06-26-2012, 04:26 PM
As you can see that young man had a bracer arm guard or whatever you call it so it means that the man has a poison blade

w1rex
06-27-2012, 03:59 AM
Hey, it's not that hard to decipher. The guy who posted the frames did a really detailed job though, so kudos.

1. See a guy with a face scar?
2. *Think about it*
3. Reason that he must be an assassin.

It was the best way to die, honorable even for Ezio to be assassinated.

redwing269
07-01-2012, 06:38 AM
1) Shortness of breath, coughing, and weakness are cardinal symptoms of congestive heart failure (CHF).

2) Ezio expected to die soon.

3) He was assassinated.

4) His family was safe.

residentmagnum
09-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Maybe the guy poisoned him

I got a bad feeling from him like the clown in the old show Spawn

TreCool90210
12-23-2012, 06:35 PM
I feel certainly with all of the edited images that the guy in fact was a Templar. Everyone else can have their doubts. Look back through all of the games. When a Templar is initiated, or they say their prayer, they lay their left (or right) arm across their chest, and I'm guessing this is why the insignia is shown across their wrist. Now, I've never thought about poisoning, but that seems like a valid outcome. I just realized this Templar cross today, and felt like watching it just to see it for myself, and without a doubt is it there. Now, any further arguments about it being a string or a Christian cross, or whatever else someone might think it is, I'd like to hear it.

predatorpulse7
12-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Ezio died of a heart attack.

He was shown to be suffering for the entirety of Embers and you can bet your *** that this was a deliberate move on part of the writers, foreshadowing what would happen next. I know that the Templar assassination theory is much sexier but really, this guy is just a representation of bratty Ezio when he was young or even Death calling if you will. It's symbolism and nothing more.

No matter how weak Ezio was, the night before he took out a s**tload of soldiers(even while gasping in sprints, with an aching back and such), I find it highly unlikely that he just sits there while a guy poisons him(presumably by shoving some sort of blade into him).

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Poison does not kill a Human being the way Ezio was shown to die and even if it did, it wouldn't be that instant...You`re looking too much into it..

Ezio died either of Heart failure or a heart attack...

BATISTABUS
12-24-2012, 04:22 AM
I've always thought Ezio was assassinated, but I've never noticed the cross before. That is indisputably the Templar Cross.

Besides that, I mean, just look and listen to that guy. People say that he's supposed to remind Ezio of his arrogant younger self, but Ezio never behaved like that. He was carefree and loved the ladies, but he wasn't that rude, disrespectful, and misogynistic. The way that guy talks and expresses himself is way too ******y. Ezio may have seen his death coming, but I'm almost certain that man killed him. Fast-acting poison, anyone?

Personally, I think it's a very fitting (even if sad) end for Ezio; while he didn't die in his sleep at his villa, he died happy and fulfilled with his family in the place he loved most. After a long life of assassinating dozens of Templars, it was only a matter of time before one assassinated him.

Also, I messed with the lighting and saturation a bit for those who still can't see it. This is not a crucifix.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/cross_zps88c3abe7.png

Scystab
12-24-2012, 10:33 AM
I thought Ezio cought tuberculosis. Would explain alot of his chest pains and heavy caughs.
In the Revelations novel it was mentioned that Ezio got ill (Sofia thought it was some kind of pneumonia, if i remember correctly), but chose to ignore it. Since that his condition never improved.

I see an easy connection to TB here, especially since it was confirmed that the strange guy at the end was a nobody. Besides, IF the master assassin would get assassinated, they would be more explicit in showing this irony to us.

Also, Assassin_M made a valid point about poisons, especially for poisons of that era.
Hmm.... You sure know something about them, remind me to never accept a meal from you, M! :p

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Also, Assassin_M made a valid point about poisons, especially for poisons of that era.
Hmm.... You sure know something about them, remind me to never accept a meal from you, M! :p
If I intend to poison, It wont be a meal :|

xboxauditore
12-24-2012, 01:57 PM
I think he died of a Heart Attack and the fact that someone wished him a Peaceful death means nothing more than that.

predatorpulse7
12-24-2012, 02:32 PM
I've always thought Ezio was assassinated, but I've never noticed the cross before. That is indisputably the Templar Cross.

Besides that, I mean, just look and listen to that guy. People say that he's supposed to remind Ezio of his arrogant younger self, but Ezio never behaved like that. He was carefree and loved the ladies, but he wasn't that rude, disrespectful, and misogynistic. The way that guy talks and expresses himself is way too ******y. Ezio may have seen his death coming, but I'm almost certain that man killed him. Fast-acting poison, anyone?

Personally, I think it's a very fitting (even if sad) end for Ezio; while he didn't die in his sleep at his villa, he died happy and fulfilled with his family in the place he loved most. After a long life of assassinating dozens of Templars, it was only a matter of time before one assassinated him.

Also, I messed with the lighting and saturation a bit for those who still can't see it. This is not a crucifix.
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/cross_zps88c3abe7.png

I doubt it. Once the guy starts badmouthing Firenze, Ezio starts breathing heavily and is clearly in pain and the guy grabs his hand AFTER to re-assure him and the whole contact so to speak lasts about 15 seconds before the guy leaves. That's some INCREDIBLY FAST poison if we believe this scenario, not to mention, how is this poison delivered? I assume by some sort of blade but Ezio doesn't seem to react to a stabbing or anything like that, his heavy breathing starts before the guy even lays a hand on him and continues to get worse and worse until he dies.

He could easily be a personification of Death saying "your time is up" as well as a Templar. Not to mention that even if he was a Templar, what exactly is their motivation for killing this former Master Assassin? He can barely handle a couple of thugs at this age, it's clear that he is very ill(and will die anytime soon) and from what I've seen in Embers he is pretty much out of the Assassin game. Ezio is pretty much a non-entity at this point in the Templar-Assassin struggle.

Anyway, if the guy did kill Ezio he must've got a great bonus score afterwards -incognito+poison+focus.

dxsxhxcx
12-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I like to think he was poisoned by that guy at the end because IMO this shows how big the Assassin vs Templar is/was, Ezio defeated the Templar Order at his country during his time and decades later they came back and to show they were back they killed the man that once was responsible by their defeat

zerocooll21
12-24-2012, 03:46 PM
OH yeah!? well I think, I THINK.....No, never mind, I don't care...

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 09:01 PM
I like to think he was poisoned by that guy at the end because IMO this shows how big the Assassin vs Templar is/was, Ezio defeated the Templar Order at his country during his time and decades later they came back and to show they were back they killed the man that once was responsible by their defeat
How can poison be this quick ?? How ? It does not exist. He was not poisoned...think what you like, he was not poisoned..

BATISTABUS
12-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Anyway, if the guy did kill Ezio he must've got a great bonus score afterwards -incognito+poison+focus.
Exactly! xD

Poison is something that exists heavily within the franchise. We know that you can poison people without them being aware, and we know there is fast acting poison. Ever heard of cyanide? It works very quickly, and it causes asphyxiation. Even if a poison like that didn't actually exist in real life, it certainly exists in the games.

Besides, although Ezio is retired from the Order, he's still quite renowned and influential (Shao Jun). Even if he wasn't necessarily a target of the Templars, maybe that guy was getting personal revenge? He had a conspicuous scar on his face, and Ezio did seem to realize something when he looked into that man's eyes.

Assassin_M
12-25-2012, 02:19 AM
when he looked into that man's eyes.
Staring death in the Eye...

BATISTABUS
12-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Staring death in the Eye...
That would be literarily interesting, but it wouldn't be something Ezio could realize unless the man morphed into the Grim Reaper. xD

Assassin_M
12-25-2012, 03:09 AM
That would be literarily interesting, but it wouldn't be something Ezio could realize unless the man morphed into the Grim Reaper. xD
It would.....He looks like crap :p Ezio is a smart man

BATISTABUS
12-25-2012, 03:33 AM
Also, Ezio does react as if having been stabbed right before the man grabs his hand. I suppose this could be the reaction of someone having a heart attack, but it just comes off more as physically induced pain to me.

I decided to throw this together for the luls.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/eziogrimfinal_zps4eaa6e3b.png

I knew that ****ed reaper was a Templar...trying to impose death onto everyone, regardless of what they might want.

Assassin_M
12-25-2012, 04:47 AM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/eziogrimfinal_zps4eaa6e3b.png

I knew that ****ed reaper was a Templar...trying to impose death onto everyone, regardless of what they might want.
That`s just too Intelligent xD

XLT sMasHerZZX
12-26-2012, 04:08 PM
I still think it was a fart Heart attack.

grimfangs1996
12-26-2012, 06:58 PM
The man looked like a younger Ezio.
I suppose he came to tell him that it was time.
Besides, the Templars knew that Ezio was no longer a thorn by their side. So why do him any harm.
Templars may be ruthless, but, they do not kill without a reason.

BATISTABUS
12-27-2012, 03:22 AM
The man looked like a younger Ezio.
I suppose he came to tell him that it was time.
Besides, the Templars knew that Ezio was no longer a thorn by their side. So why do him any harm.
Templars may be ruthless, but, they do not kill without a reason.
He looks nothing like younger Ezio. Even if Ezio isn't a working Assassin, he is still clearly valuable to other Assassins (Shao Jun), and isn't excused from any personal vendettas certain Templars might have. At the beginning of Embers, Ezio even mentions his concerns of someone coming for him or his family.

One might say the man is supposed to embody everything Ezio fears (his former arrogance/wasted youth, the Templars), but then why would the fact that he is a Templar be so discrete? Even so, Assassins Creed doesn't throw in spirituality (unless it directly involves TWCB), so why would Ezio see a metaphysical apparition?

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 03:38 AM
He looks nothing like younger Ezio. Even if Ezio isn't a working Assassin, he is still clearly valuable to other Assassins (Shao Jun), and isn't excused from any personal vendettas certain Templars might have. At the beginning of Embers, Ezio even mentions his concerns of someone coming for him or his family.

One might say the man is supposed to embody everything Ezio fears (his former arrogance/wasted youth, the Templars), but then why would the fact that he is a Templar be so discrete? Even so, Assassins Creed doesn't throw in spirituality (unless it directly involves TWCB), so why would Ezio see a metaphysical apparition?
What about Achilles ?? The Templars left him..

BATISTABUS
12-27-2012, 03:54 AM
What about Achilles ?? The Templars left him..
That was a stupid mistake xD

Achilles was clearly still useful since he trained Connor. I honestly can't justify letting him live...unless he had some kind of special relationship with whoever was in-charge at the time.

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 04:02 AM
That was a stupid mistake xD

Achilles was clearly still useful since he trained Connor. I honestly can't justify letting him live...unless he had some kind of special relationship with whoever was in-charge at the time.
Haytham was...and I do not think he had a special relationship with Achilles:p

ProGamerX56
12-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Old Age is most likely (and the most peaceful way). Only seen this once, so I might be wrong.

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 07:08 AM
Qayinz going to what you said I went on a translate site and the meanings of Prego is beg or pray so it is quite possible that Ezio was killed by a templar.

I dunno what translation site you're looking on, but "Prego" means either: 'Excuse me?' Or 'Rest'.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 07:18 AM
I dunno what translation site you're looking on, but "Prego" means either: 'Excuse me?' Or 'Rest'.
It`s Excuse me...

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Has anyone ever thought the man who sat beside Ezio was Duccío? The man who was engaged to his sister, Claudia in AC II? Maybe Duccío was getting payback on Ezio for what he did all those years ago? Maybe Duccío became a Templar for that sole reason, revenge? I mean, Duccío did get beat up pretty badly.

OR:

Ezio could have asked an Assassin to kill him quickly, hence why he wrote the letter. When he looked up and was surprised, maybe it was someone he knew from AC II or ACB?

OR:

Ezio saw that it was an Templar, and when he looked up, he saw his father's face (Obviously it wouldn't of been his father, but simply an illusion?

OR:

It was the new Templar Orders' ruler. Possibly Caesar? Maybe he survived the fall and returned to kill Ezio?

Let me know what you think!

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 07:29 AM
It`s Excuse me...

It means both, it just depends on the way you use it.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 07:35 AM
It means both, it just depends on the way you use it.
I was referring to the context the Young man used at that moment..

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 07:36 AM
Has anyone ever thought the man who sat beside Ezio was Duccío? The man who was engaged to his sister, Claudia in AC II? Maybe Duccío was getting payback on Ezio for what he did all those years ago? Maybe Duccío became a Templar for that sole reason, revenge? I mean, Duccío did get beat up pretty badly.

OR:

Ezio could have asked an Assassin to kill him quickly, hence why he wrote the letter. When he looked up and was surprised, maybe it was someone he knew from AC II or ACB?

OR:

Ezio saw that it was an Templar, and when he looked up, he saw his father's face (Obviously it wouldn't of been his father, but simply an illusion?

OR:

It was the new Templar Orders' ruler. Possibly Caesar? Maybe he survived the fall and returned to kill Ezio?

Duccio dies in 1520 from Rabbis..

Cesare dies in 1507 in Viana...No he did not survive

jplr98
12-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I always thought it was Duccio because Ezio kicked his *** in all his 3 AC games.

Duccio dies in 1520 from Rabbis..

Cesare dies in 1507 in Viana...No he did not survive

How do you know that? lol
And I think he said Caesar, not Cesare.

AjinkyaParuleka
12-29-2012, 01:30 PM

OR:

OR:

OR:

You obviously don't prowl on the forum or wiki.
Duccio died because of Rabies.
Ezio cut all of his ties from the Assassin and why would Ezio want an assassin to kill him if he knows his gonna die.
Your third theory doesn't makes any sense,Ezio's dad didn't had a scar and he looked nicer than that guy.
Cesare died in the Battle of Viena in 1507,Cesare isn't supposed to be alive,because that's what history is.If he is alive in 1524,that's totally out of the line.

Assassin_M
12-29-2012, 08:24 PM
I always thought it was Duccio because Ezio kicked his *** in all his 3 AC games.

How do you know that? lol
And I think he said Caesar, not Cesare.
See post above this one

Theotian
01-02-2013, 02:54 PM
I think the guy that sat next to him was a Templar most signs point to it.I think most people just do not want to think ezio could be killed but the thing is ezio had tried to move his hand and it was in a fist i mean why would a random guy walk over and grab your fist then leave?

joeakeeh
01-03-2013, 10:42 AM
ok my opinion is that when the young man put his right hand on ezios shoulder in embers you can hear a poisoned blade sound right after he says "get some rest" and just before he says "eh?". I would also say that ezio was somehow killed by the chinese assassin because she was nowhere to be seen when ezio was writing his death letter.

Theotian
01-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I did not notice that before good point,but unless there turns up evidence that the Chinese assassin was actually a Templar or the Assassins kill all ex members i wouldn't say she did it.

Gold333
01-12-2013, 01:24 AM
People replying in this thread are such morons. Or they are 5 year old kids.

First of all prego means "you're welcome" in italian.

Secondly none of you kids know anything about graphic design or photoshop. The templar cross sits in a parametric layer at twice the resolution of the underlying layer in Embers 720p. It means that it was PAINSTAKINGLY insterted by a graphic artist at Ubisoft. That means that the young man is a templar and that yes Ezio was poisoned/killed.

People that don't see that EVEN AFTER THEY ARE TOLD WHAT TO LOOK FOR are imbeciles.

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 01:56 AM
People replying in this thread are such morons. Or they are 5 year old kids.

First of all prego means "you're welcome" in italian.

Secondly none of you kids know anything about graphic design or photoshop. The templar cross sits in a parametric layer at twice the resolution of the underlying layer in Embers 720p. It means that it was PAINSTAKINGLY insterted by a graphic artist at Ubisoft. That means that the young man is a templar and that yes Ezio was poisoned/killed.

People that don't see that EVEN AFTER THEY ARE TOLD WHAT TO LOOK FOR are imbeciles.
Calm your tits, dragon man..

Ezio died of a heart attack. Templars don't kill people who are no threat to them..

Also, you want to tell me that NO ONE had a cross but templars ? Pff read History and what does Graphic design have to do with this ??

And Prego is not "You`re Welcome"

AjinkyaParuleka
01-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Ezio wasn't killed,not from a heart attack or a templar.Shao Jun( da chinese hashasshin) didn't killed Ezio,if she had,you won't have something called Rope Dart in ur ACIII tool pouches.
He died of kidney failure,brain hammorhage and subatomic particle destruction.

zerocooll21
01-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Wait, Ezio dies!?

Calm your tits, dragon man..
:o

Pleasefixmyacc
01-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Let me educate you noobs.... Ezio died because the animus crashed. You see the animus powered by a i5 i5 3570k OC 4.6 with a ATI gpu couldn't handle it. After upgrading the GPU desmond sadly was to late...for you see, he could not reconnect ! He should've gone with the mini Animus.

Fin.

BATISTABUS
01-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Ezio died of a heart attack. Templars don't kill people who are no threat to them..

Also, you want to tell me that NO ONE had a cross but templars ? Pff read History and what does Graphic design have to do with this ??

And Prego is not "You`re Welcome"
Then why was Ezio concerned enough to say "I know someday somebody might come for me..." He clearly is a threat to them, as he helped out Shao Jun.

One of the purposes of AC is to make you think that anytime you see an "iron cross" in history paintings or the such, that person was a Templar. Even if it was a regular cross, why would he be wearing it on his vambrace on the inside like that?

Prego has multiple meanings (aside from sauce). I went to Firenze once, and one thing I distinctly remember learning was *sneeze*>"salute">"grazie">"prego". Still, you're correct in that the way that young man used it meant "Excuse me?" or "What was that?".

Also, there's no way Shao Jun killed Ezio, as it's basically confirmed she brought the Brotherhood to the Americas.

zerocooll21
01-12-2013, 05:54 PM
as it's basically confirmed she brought the Brotherhood to the Americas.

How so?

Assassin_M
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Then why was Ezio concerned enough to say "I know someday somebody might come for me..." He clearly is a threat to them, as he helped out Shao Jun.

Because he was needlessly paranoid.:o It happens, right ? They planted seeds of Ezio starting to lose his memory at the start, but we never explored that have we ? I mean He went to Venice. had a wedding. still alive. Went back to Rome. retires. still alive. goes to Florence. lives in a grand villa and starts his own Vineyard. still alive till 1524. They`d wait this long ? Come now...

kuled2012
01-12-2013, 07:15 PM
The guy who photoshopped that embers image makes my blood boil at the stupid debates he's made.

BATISTABUS
01-13-2013, 01:39 AM
How so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHO5nW1bTY&amp;feature=youtu.be (http://youtu.be/vhHO5nW1bTY)

"The sheng bao, or rope dart if you prefer. One of the many plans given to us by Shao Jun to-"

Because he was needlessly paranoid.:o It happens, right ? They planted seeds of Ezio starting to lose his memory at the start, but we never explored that have we ? I mean He went to Venice. had a wedding. still alive. Went back to Rome. retires. still alive. goes to Florence. lives in a grand villa and starts his own Vineyard. still alive till 1524. They`d wait this long ? Come now...
Maybe they couldn't find him? Maybe they had already tried to go after him multiple times, yet failed? We know Achilles had some men going after him. Ezio was old and kind of losing his touch, but I think this was a rational fear. Haven't you ever seen Kill Bill? xD

The guy who photoshopped that embers image makes my blood boil at the stupid debates he's made.
Which image was photoshopped?

ToughGuy31
01-13-2013, 04:47 AM
I always thought the guy was the ghost (or a hallucination) of someone Ezio killed to greet Ezio as he passes. Ezio could've fought back, but was ready to depart from the world.

Assassin_M
01-13-2013, 05:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHO5nW1bTY&amp;feature=youtu.be

Maybe they couldn't find him? Maybe they had already tried to go after him multiple times, yet failed? We know Achilles had some men going after him. Ezio was old and kind of losing his touch, but I think this was a rational fear. Haven't you ever seen Kill Bill? xD

I have, but Ezio`s been in Tuscany for about 10 years. 10 years and they couldn't find him ? They did not even kill him at his home, but in Florence...how does that make any sense ? xD Even if the Templars knew he was indeed a threat because he trained Shao Jun, I think they would`v known better. In his old age he thrashed 3 Elite Chinese Guards and a brute....You think the Templars would send just one young Templar to take him out ??

Bill ? Bastard was always on the move:p

BATISTABUS
01-14-2013, 07:16 PM
You think the Templars would send just one young Templar to take him out ??
Apparently. Stealth always prevails =P

AhmedTelb07
02-18-2015, 08:53 PM
he was poised by the guy had hidden blade
http://www4.0zz0.com/2015/02/18/22/728899109.jpg

Stripes__
02-26-2015, 11:13 AM
he was poised by the guy had hidden blade
http://www4.0zz0.com/2015/02/18/22/728899109.jpg

Where do you see any hidden blade?s Right, nowhere. You're seeing things that are not there. Also UbiGabe confirmed in a recent podcast that the guy is a nobody and that ezio died because of a heart attack.

kameno2015
06-05-2015, 09:15 PM
I believe ezio realized life came full circle good game though (the "nobody"s nod and blink was him saying it's ok to die now).

Wilkinson921
07-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Everyone seems to focus on the man being a part of ezios life and perhaps even tge reason for his death but I do not believe so. Ezios story began in that very city he got that scar on his cheek immediately in to the second game and began his career as an assassin from there. I believe ezio saw the scar on that young face heard the talk of women, and of roma (remembering where he'd been) and figuratively saw himself in the boy. Hence was the look of recognition....as for who the boy was that may not be so insignificant perhaps like ezip he was indeed ready to set out on his own story the red cross we see on his wrist seems to symbolise he was templar in allegiance....also he showed up at the right time just as ezip was near his hand. Perhaps another subject ? 18 19 20 working for the templars attempting to gain secrets from ezios last moments. Who knows I suppose we never will although I am fairly confident the first part of this video and the man him self was symbolic of a younger ezio.

celticbard2015
08-12-2015, 03:54 AM
Remember way back in AC 2 when Ezio fought with Vieri and answered Vieri's taunt with his own about handling Vieri's sister? I doubt a 17 year old back then knew anything about birth control, so there could have been a child from that union. A child raised by Templars who would have been influenced by Vieri and would have had reason to want to avenge his mother's honor. The mystery Templar man in Embers looks to me like he could have been related to Vieri, because I see some resemblance in him to both Ezio and Vieri. He also has at least one scar simular to Ezio's. Also just remembering my history lessons, the Italians from that time period were very good with poisons. Maybe slow acting ones added to a bottle of wine, only the poisoner would ultimately have wanted Ezio to recognize the person who had finally ended his life, and may have administered a final dose by needle there at the end. It would also explain why the guy seems to have some assassin traits too. Particularly if he knew Ezio was the assassin father who had messed up his mothers life. After all, at the end Ezio looked at him with a particularly odd shocked look like he recognized him. He saw both himself and Vieri embodied in this guy.

MasterAssasin84
08-15-2015, 10:56 PM
after watching the video, i think that the most logical reason my ezio died is of a heart attack. But when you look closely, the man grabs ezios hand. Correct me if im wrong, but it looks like there is a hidden blade in the mans wrist. i think that he poisoned him with the hidden blade when he touched his hand. Then when ezio turns around and looks at the man, the body language seems like the man was saying something like, "yes. i just poisoned you" what do you think??

It was chest infection that progressed and broiught on a heart attack ! No templar Conspiracy here .

Man Anarkia
01-14-2016, 08:14 PM
no. ezio was clearly having a near death experience his inner self came out in hallucination form

jacobmills93151
01-20-2016, 08:47 PM
Finally people understand. I didn't think anyone would be... um... "special" enough to think the guy with a Templar logo isn't a Templar.

Thats like, "Oh that guy with black skin... hes not black" Wtf kind of logic is this?

I swear some people just don't think...

I think he poisoned him somehow because he has a templar logo on his arm it can't just be a coincidence he has a templar logo on his arm he grabs his arm and he dies I doubt it's just bad timing

j.f.luteijn
02-02-2016, 02:47 PM
I think it was an heart attack. Earlier he had this pain in his chest. Therefore he wrote his memories/diary. Nothing mysterious. He died of old age.

ReDSparkxXx
11-18-2016, 11:15 PM
first of all there is no templar insignia on his wirst I watch ember and paused that part where ezio waving his hand towards sofia and that guy came
I paused and watch his right hand carefully and there was no templar logo it was just his wirst band came across to each other which make it look like a templar logo but it is not
dont listen to people saying "oh he is a templar he poisoned him" it was confimed by ubisoft that ezio died because of heart attack not by a fanmade templar

Lysette88
11-29-2016, 09:19 AM
I don't know, Ezio looks so peaceful, I think his heart just stopped working, he dosed off and lost consciousness and died. It does not look like a painful heart attack at all to me.

the_temple
10-02-2017, 11:13 PM
Very remarkable. lol

SofaJockey
10-03-2017, 12:02 AM
It was in the reign of Ippolito de' Medici that the aforesaid personages lived and battled; Good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, assassin or templar, they are all equal now.

timpbader
10-09-2017, 12:14 AM
first of all there is no templar insignia on his wirst I watch ember and paused that part where ezio waving his hand towards sofia and that guy came
I paused and watch his right hand carefully and there was no templar logo it was just his wirst band came across to each other which make it look like a templar logo but it is not
dont listen to people saying "oh he is a templar he poisoned him" it was confimed by ubisoft that ezio died because of heart attack not by a fanmade templar
Ubisoft retracted that statement about how the guy was not a person of interest.