PDA

View Full Version : Please help manual installation instructions

louisvara
11-06-2004, 12:38 AM
My game wont auto install need manual install instructions please help and thank you.

Louis

louisvara
11-06-2004, 12:38 AM
My game wont auto install need manual install instructions please help and thank you.

Louis

Atomic_Marten
11-06-2004, 05:47 AM
I don't have PF yet so I do not know if this will help you, but try this (standard procedure in such cases tho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ): insert your CD1, then open "My computer", right click on the CD1 select "explore". Then search for setup.exe on your CD. Double click and I think that should do it.(if not, click on some other .exe file some of these must be right file http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif). The guys with PF should be able to help you more, but since they aren't responding, I jumped in. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

SmokinBob123
11-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Yeah, there is something seriously screwed with the install, at least on my system--I finally had to manually select the CD1 setuppfbaep.exe to get the darn thing to install as the auto play simply does not work. Then again--there is no autoplay on CD1, only on CD2.

Now, every time I put the CD in to play, I get an application not found error, then I close that, and it will start normally.

Very odd, but that worked for me. I sure do love all this copy protection....

Smokin Bob

louisvara
11-06-2004, 10:36 PM
I need help with the copy and paste type of install. It wont install with the auto run file. If anyone can help I would be thankful.

Louis

fordfan25
11-06-2004, 11:20 PM
im sorry i cant help you guys but i can sugest that you also post this in cumunity help. also when you do go ahead and include you "diag"im sure some of the guys that hang in there will be able to help ya. i have heard that if you running programes like cloneCD then the game will not work right. i dont know if that partanes to your problems are not.

louisvara
11-08-2004, 12:32 PM
I still need manual installation instructions for PF my auto install cuts off at last min and says it has not been installed please help. Is there a manual install?

Atomic_Marten
11-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Check your system for virtual drives because PF currently doesn't allows such to be installed on computer (like CloneCD). Maybe that is the problem? If you can say more specific what is the problem. Did your installation begin normally and then cuts off in certain point, or what problems do you encounter once when you double click that .exe file?

louisvara
11-09-2004, 05:51 PM
The install completes and at very end it says 'the system has not been modifed and game has not been installed'. So now I dont konw what to do if anyone knows how to install the game manually please let me know.

Louis

Waldo.Pepper
11-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Bump

Because I don't want to see this entertaining thread end.

Louis; Buddy.

1. Do you have Admin rights on the computer?

2. Have you tried copying the files form both cd's to a temporary directory on the hard drive and running the install from there?

3. Did you buy the game? Can you exchange the copy you have at the store you bought it from and try with the next set of disks?

Good luck.

louisvara
11-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Why is this entertaining? I cant install the game and cant play and Im getting pissed. Yes this is my computer and yes I bought the game and no I have not tried copying the files from the disk to a temp file. I need to know which files to copy to a temp file because I know its not all of them so please if you can help please help and if not please dont put smart *** remarks! I need manual install instructions for the 6th time

Louis

slarsson
11-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Louis,
are you running SP2?
Several people have had the exact same problem. I was only able to install by uninstalling SP2 first....

louisvara
11-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Yes I have sp2 installed. What was your install not doing? Mine went all the way to the end and then said it didnt install.

Louis

slarsson
11-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Exactly as you describe.
At 100%, it says it's registering then publishing, then the wizard reports that the install was not completed and the system has not been changed.
I uninstalled sp2 then PF installed perfectly first time.

Troll2k
11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Uninstall sp2.If you search around on the Microsoft site they have instructions.