PDA

View Full Version : I have been bringing up this error & omission for YEARS

Chuck_Older
02-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Literally years.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/774107013/p/1

I would like to submit this as a bug report, but I tend to get too detailed

I'd like input on how to best boil this issue down to it's basic problems, and then submit to 1C

Chuck_Older
02-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Literally years.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/774107013/p/1

I would like to submit this as a bug report, but I tend to get too detailed

I'd like input on how to best boil this issue down to it's basic problems, and then submit to 1C

Chuck_Older
02-18-2006, 11:40 AM
input please

TX-Zen
02-18-2006, 11:57 AM
Not directly on topic, but I've always wished we had a system where we could simply assign our own callsigns and insignia without being limited by the current historical configuration.

Being able to simply call yourself or any of your AI fighers whatever color and number you wanted and have that appear as part of the icon in game has something I've always wanted.

Currently we're stuck with whatever bugs we happen to discover like the one that you've found Chuck. I've run across this too.

Would be great if we could simply bypass all that and assign whatever we liked.

heywooood
02-18-2006, 12:04 PM
for Us users especially - this is a major issue - for FMB users it is an absolutely necessary correction.

The US plane ID codes must be fixed someday - not tolerated...it is an atmosphere/immersion killer.

bumpUS

idonno
02-18-2006, 12:49 PM
You seem to be operating under the assumption that simply having a legitimate point actually means something around here.

I've posted on quite a number of such legitimate issues myself (you know, little things like the airplane I'm fighting against continually disappearing) and read numerous posts by others with equally sound complaints. Oleg has never responded to any of my posts and extremely few of the posts by others. Just look through the NINE pages on the issue of IL2€s excessive dynamic instability and see if you can find a response from Oleg.

I have noticed that the only time he replies is when what he did with the sim is either correct or at least justifiable. If something in the sim is wrong, all you can do is hope it gets fixed, but there's no reason to hold your breath for a response. My guess is that admitting an error would mean having to justify his decision if he doesn€t plan to fix it.

Chuck_Older
02-18-2006, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by idonno:
You seem to be operating under the assumption that simply having a legitimate point actually means something around here.

I've posted on quite a number of such legitimate issues myself (you know, little things like the airplane I'm fighting against continually disappearing) and read numerous posts by others with equally sound complaints. Oleg has never responded to any of my posts and extremely few of the posts by others. Just look through the NINE pages on the issue of IL2€s excessive dynamic instability and see if you can find a response from Oleg.

I have noticed that the only time he replies is when what he did with the sim is either correct or at least justifiable. If something in the sim is wrong, all you can do is hope it gets fixed, but there's no reason to hold your breath for a response. My guess is that admitting an error would mean having to justify his decision if he doesn€t plan to fix it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I haven't always been "Chuck_Older" , I first registered here not long after you did. the trouble isn't bringing up issues here, in this forum. You and I both know that Oleg rarely responds to any posts here anymore, and we both probably remember why, and we both probably remember when he did post regularly...and why he stopped. He has made some decisions I can't fathom at all in the past, but I also don't think he owes me, directly, an explanation just because I post here. That's not meant to belittle your attempts at bringing up legitimate issues, by the way.

What I wish to do is to get some input on how to best present the issue in an e-mail to the bug reporting address for the sim, not how to get Oleg to see this thread and respond. I know that won't work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif