PDA

View Full Version : Restart in HL is for DWEEBS!

VF2_Tim
11-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Is anything more painful than actually getting a coop launched in HL? A long, drawn-out and boring affair at best.

Please don't make everyone suffer through it twice just because your buddy can't take off from a carrier.

That's rude.

Rude.

RUDE!

If you can't take off from a carrier, then practice off line and save the people who know what they are doing the pain of your childish and unnecesary restarts.

WW2 did not stop everytime someone bought it on take off. The mission went on WITHOUT THEM.

VF2_Tim
11-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Is anything more painful than actually getting a coop launched in HL? A long, drawn-out and boring affair at best.

Please don't make everyone suffer through it twice just because your buddy can't take off from a carrier.

That's rude.

Rude.

RUDE!

If you can't take off from a carrier, then practice off line and save the people who know what they are doing the pain of your childish and unnecesary restarts.

WW2 did not stop everytime someone bought it on take off. The mission went on WITHOUT THEM.

JV44_Wubke
11-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Same for VWF VEF etc... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

h009291
11-14-2004, 10:52 PM
It's nice to know there are so many "perfect" pilots in the world http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I suppose it's up to the host. If he deems a restart is the "gentlemenly" thing to do ... then I guess that's his right.

If you don't like the restart ... well ... leave the mission. You might know it's "RUDE" to complain about the misfortune of others.

WUAF_Badsight
11-14-2004, 11:25 PM
everyone should be given slack

being intolerant is what brings online gaming down

we play anonomously together over the internet & a small amount of tolerance goes a long way

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VF2_Tim:

That's rude.

Rude.

RUDE!

WW2 did not stop everytime someone bought it on take off. The mission went on WITHOUT THEM. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

crazyivan1970
11-14-2004, 11:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VF2_Tim:

That's rude.

Rude.

RUDE!

WW2 did not stop everytime someone bought it on take off. The mission went on WITHOUT THEM. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Simjock
11-14-2004, 11:45 PM
It's hard to encourage new online players with out giving them the patience we all needed when we were new. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Tully__
11-15-2004, 12:31 AM
One experienced pilot crashes and burns coz he/she wasn't paying attention, keep flying. Half the deck gets taken out by an innocent mistake, restart.

carguy_
11-15-2004, 01:25 AM
That`s right,8 out of ten restarts are caused by VVS/RAF/USAAF pilots in online wars.

4out of ten missions is a restart becuz of crashes on takeoff.

BM357_Raven
11-15-2004, 02:30 AM
I think it best to restart the game anytime anyone dies. I think it's rude to go on without them.

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
11-15-2004, 04:41 AM
3LL0 D00Dz T1mM0rz h3r3 4g41n!!11

3y3 Ju57 w4n4 54y 7h4t 4LL 7h3s3 r3574r7'5 4r3 4 t3h n00bz 4nd I 7h1nk 7h47 i7'5 4 r34l p41n 1n 73h 4zz 7h47 1 c4n7 f1nd 4ny0n3 4z uuu83r 45 m3 70 m43k fl07y 1n 4 fl047y7h4ng w17h m3!!11 W3r3 4r3 4ll 73h l337 fl0473rz? 0h w3ll 1 gu355 1 w1ll ju57 h4v3 t0 571ck 2 pwn3'1ng d4 n008z un71l 7ehy l34rn 70 b3 4 l337 h4x0rz l1k3 m3!!

I pwn3 j00

T1mM0rz!!!!111

JG53Hunter
11-15-2004, 05:21 AM
FAST!
Bring that kid its medicine! LoL

Atomic_Marten
11-15-2004, 05:45 AM
Actually COOPs are the best of all online play. IMHO. But known 'issues' with COOPs (waiting for other players) are really annoying..

BTW I have never had so much fun in dofights like in COOPs...

BM357_TinMan
11-15-2004, 05:58 AM
I actually see BOTH sides of this situation.

On the one hand, people should be aware that it IS a bit of a pain to get a co-op going and joiners should have the consideration for the other pilots and the host, to try to join up choose a plane, and read the brief in a reasonable amount of time.

He should also be aware that dead is dead in co-op so it should be accepted that the mission will go on with out him, if he can't take off.

On the other hand, I can see it could really be a bummer if you miss the flight just because of a simple mistake. And if it doesn't happen regularly and if no one else minds because it isn't going to take long to restart the mission, I don't see the harm of restarting. In perspective, if the mission is going to take an hour or so, what is another 5 minutes to give everybody a chance.

I suppose it depends on the situation more than anything.

JG52Uther
11-15-2004, 06:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BM357_TinMan:
I actually see BOTH sides of this situation.

On the one hand, people should be aware that it IS a bit of a pain to get a co-op going and joiners should have the consideration for the other pilots and the host, to try to join up choose a plane, and read the brief in a reasonable amount of time.

He should also be aware that dead is dead in co-op so it should be accepted that the mission will go on with out him, if he can't take off.

On the other hand, I can see it could really be a bummer if you miss the flight just because of a simple mistake. And if it doesn't happen regularly and if no one else minds because it isn't going to take long to restart the mission, I don't see the harm of restarting. In perspective, if the mission is going to take an hour or so, what is another 5 minutes to give everybody a chance.

I suppose it depends on the situation more than anything. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> could'nt have put it better myself!

georgeo76
11-15-2004, 06:33 AM
You wait 10min while everyone joins up in HL, 10 more min for everyone to load the game, select their ride and hit fly. what's an extra 5min to start over? I understand if it's only 1 or 2 ppl who die, but anymore than that it's rude not to restart.

carguy_
11-15-2004, 07:09 AM
The funniest thing in coop type missions is that when a restart occurs and exactky the same mission loads up it takes exactly the same amount of time for people to hit fly! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Copperhead310th
11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Simjock:
It's hard to encourage new online players with out giving them the patience we all needed when we were new. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Said. Well Said.

Originally posted by Carguy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>That`s right,8 out of ten restarts are caused by VVS/RAF/USAAF pilots in online wars.

4out of ten missions is a restart becuz of crashes on takeoff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny it seems the other way around IMO.
then again most of the online Axis pilots are very unprofessional to begin with. lol some times it's like watching keystone cops. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Red_Storm
11-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Yeah, because they fly those noob, skill-less planes, contrary to the American planes, which are obviously much harder to fly, even though they outdo Axis planes in well... everything.

adlabs6
11-15-2004, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VF2_Tim:Restart in HL is for DWEEBS! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean that your host exits to HL when he restarts? I've played many a coop, and when there was a tragic mission start, the host could restart from withing FB... NO need to return to HL! Any host should be aware of that feature.

And all those peeps who disconnect on a restart when the others in the mission are spamming the chat window "DO NOT DISCONNECT!!"... I don't get it personally.

Copperhead310th
11-15-2004, 09:50 AM
lol yeah ....riiiight.

just try flying the p-47 for a while agaist 109's & 190's.

" even though they outdo Axis planes in well... everything."

Are you sure about that?trust me i've seen 109's make some amazing things....and i've compleatly emptied 8 Browning m2's with extra ammo load from (dead 6) 0.20M distance into a 190 and seen nothing happen. it flys like it was just pushed off the factory floor. lol

but i'll stop there. getting off topic and agaist my new policy to comment on FM's & Dm's.

-HH-Quazi
11-15-2004, 10:03 AM

That's rude.

Rude.

RUDE!

I just read the responses in this thread. Man, it sure is good to see so many having the patience to wait for a re-start in a HL coop when someone is having problems taking off.

But, and I guess you can say sadly, I am in total agreement with the original poster. My time, or anyone elses time shouldn't be wasted because there is a pilot that hasn't even bothered to practice carrier take-offs, and crashes and burns more often than he takes off. These types of missions, coops in HL, isn't the place to practice because your mistakes cost allot of other people time. And sometimes, time is at a premium, because for whatever reason, a person may not have much of it to devote to an online mission.

So I would want the host to carry on and continue to host the mission. Besides, carrier take-offs are about as easy as taking off from a land airstrip. There's no reason for anyone to not be able to take off successfully 10 out of 10 times, unless they are carrying a bomb loadout that is just to heavy for the ac. And if the host determined the ac's loadout in his mission, and it seems to be a bit much, (you should be able to tell if this is the problem because everyone will be having problems and probably crashing on take off), then by all means it's the host that should stop the mission and change the load out.

But for your, "I crashed on take off. Stop the mission so I can fly with you." request. I say, "Sorry m8, learn how to take off from a carrier deck, then come back and try again."

NorrisMcWhirter
11-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi,

I agree some co-ops require patience but it's not always someone's fault for crashing on takeoff especially when some have no brief so people are unsure of loadouts etc.

Ultimately, it's up to the host as to whether he re-starts it or not and that's fair enough in my opinion - it's THEIR time and bandwidth being used, after all.

Cheers,
Norris

mllaneza
11-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Yeah, restarts are unfortunate. Although I see almost more restarts because the host loaded the wrong mission than restarts because of crashes on takeoffs; I have seen plenty in CV-based coops. Sometimes it's common courtesy to restart, and sometimes you have to take your lumps and miss the mission.

Here's a quick checklist for carrier takeoffs:

1. Wings unfolded ?
2. Mixture 120% ?
3. Nose trimmed down to avoid stalls ?
4. Canopy open and seat up ? (optional)
5. Run engine to full power before removing chocks ?

Note: most of these functions need to be mapped by the user.

Follow these steps and you'll have at least an 80% sucecss rate in carrier takeoffs.

Don't ask me for landing advice, anyone who watched me take four passes to eventually ditch in front of the carrier on HL yesterday will confirm. At least I wasn't right in front of the carrier, I got some nice screenies as it went by.

WUAF_Badsight
11-16-2004, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
but i'll stop there. getting off topic and agaist my new policy to comment on FM's & Dm's. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
rubbish , you cant help yourself

WUAF_Badsight
11-16-2004, 02:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by georgeo76:
You wait 10min while everyone joins up in HL, 10 more min for everyone to load the game, select their ride and hit fly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i do a lot of coops

it rarely takes 10 minutes from load to spawn

rarely

JG77_Tintin
11-16-2004, 03:27 AM
I know it can be painful waiting around, but I'm inclined to exercise some maturity and patience. Especially with newbies to the lobby. After all, "s**t happens", it's not the end of the world and there's supposed to be some cooperation in the co-op. Chill out mate.