PDA

View Full Version : breaking guards legs

Assassin41
12-05-2007, 11:01 PM
its says in the blue room thingy when it loads that you can either break the persons legs after they do a strong attack.
ive tried heaps of things but i dont know how to do it.
can anyone tell me how to do it?

Tela
12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't know about doing such after a strong attack, but when you do a counter, RIGHT after the counter starts, press the "legs" button. It won't work all the time, but that's how you do it.

dirtybird21
12-05-2007, 11:06 PM
On some counters he'll do something, Like hit them twice with his fists, And they just stand there for like half a second, If you press the legs button he'll break their legs if you press the weapon hand button he'll use his weapon.. And patrice once said that sometimes you can do a headbutt or something but that never happens.

Assassin41
12-05-2007, 11:09 PM
ok cool .
i have broken their legs a couple of times with the combo attack but it says 'after guards do a strong attack, they are left vulnerable.finish them off by either breaking there legs or throwing them to the ground'

or something like that

dirtybird21
12-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Assassin41:
ok cool .
i have broken their legs a couple of times with the combo attack but it says 'after guards do a strong attack, they are left vulnerable.finish them off by either breaking there legs or throwing them to the ground'

or something like that

Yeah i know what your'e talking about, I thought that was it at first... The one with the short sword where he breaks there leg than their neck... But it's in a counter.

Assassin41
12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
yeah cos i never tried using the legs button when he punches them like twice or whatever, i just used x

death_zone
12-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Assassin41:
yeah cos i never tried using the legs button when he punches them like twice or whatever, i just used x

Same here,i never tried the A or B button, i press X all the time..maybe should try it..thanks!!

unnamedninja
12-06-2007, 04:59 PM
The leg break only works when you counter strong attacks and then press the legs button.

Strong attacks are really easy to spot because they're just a lot slower than the others. There is one attack which IS slow but doesn't count as a strong attack, so that can put you off sometimes.

If you want to do this, just get a lone guard and hold down the parry button, watch all of his attacks, eventually he will try a really slow one. Counter this and start mashing the legs button and you will do it. Oh and make sure you keep pressing LT and RT the whole time, for some reason the leg break will not work if you let go of the triggers.

ACEvan
12-06-2007, 06:44 PM
lol @ yur sig

EggPlanted
12-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Breaking legs ~ Is that a final skill you earn towards the end of the game ?

I'm replaying a new game because after being stuck I didn't know what to do originally. If you see the fighting tutorial in the kingdom where you can practice moves, in mine, there seems to be room for one (or two ?) more skill(s) to earn. That's why I'm asking and because I've seen videos of Altair breaking legs during a demo play through from E3 07 or whichever it was.

NECESARY_EVIL
12-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I think you can do it once you obtain the ability to counter...

EggPlanted
12-06-2007, 08:06 PM
No offense, NECESARY_EVIL.
But unless I missed the message box which appears at each fighting skill earned in the tutorial area, I don't think I've seen that particular text when earning Counter, you know ?

Maybe I should just practice in the kingdom and see if it could be done. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the reply.

NECESARY_EVIL
12-06-2007, 08:25 PM
It doesn't say that cause breaking their legs i part of the counter... I think.

EggPlanted
12-06-2007, 08:52 PM
I'll open my eyes for that.
Have you seen it when you were playing it ?

Gypsy816
12-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I haven't even tried this yet.... but now I will.

mb0742
12-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Sounds awesome I can't wait to get this game.